Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:25 AM

Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother (3181 Views)

Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by mbulela: 7:47am On Jun 26, 2013
http://www.codewit.com/nigeria-news/8931-nigeria-traders-grumble-as-tinubu-s-daughter-succeeds-grandmother?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+codewitnews+%28Codewit+News+-+Home%29

Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds GrandmotherIt was a shock they never prepared for. Gathering at the home of their late leader, Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji, who until her death on June 14 at the age of 97, was the President-General, Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men, majority of them had only come to mourn their leader, for whom the family was holding the eighth-day fidau, a religious ritual for departed Muslims.

Like so many dignitaries and others from different spectrums of the society, who had converged on the late Mogaji’s Alausa, Ikeja home to take part in the eighth-day remembrance prayers for the deceased, the least the traders had expected was that on that Sunday, they would get a new leader.

But they had not taken into reckoning that Mogaji’s most famous son and former Lagos State governor, Senator Bola Tinubu, could have other design. And that was what he did as shortly after the fidau prayers, he met with the traders, ostensibly to thank them for honouring his mother with their presence. After a short speech, he dropped the bombshell to the chagrin of the traders: his daughter, Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, will replace her grandmother as President-General, Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men. Majority of them concealed the shock with muted approval.

Though Tinubu-Ojo, wife of a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, could not hide her joy at the pronouncement, as she danced in appreciation, most leaders of market associations present, who had been expecting that they would have a say in who would lead them after the demise of Mogaji, grumbled at the appointment.

Worried about the development which it said was against democratic ethos, the Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) called on Tinubu to rescind the decision.
The party in a statement signed by its Publicity Secretary, Mr. Taofik Gani, noted that democratic process should be allowed to usher in a new leader as against the dictatorial style being displayed by Tinubu, who is also the national leader of the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Lagos State.

“The much touted democrat should allow the simple tenets of democracy to prevail in the selection of a new leader for the market women,” the statement said.

The main opposition party in the state also faulted the decision to name Tinubu-Ojo as the successor to her grandmother on the grounds that she is not a full time trader, adding: “There is no cogent evidence that his nominee and daughter is a full time market woman.”

According to the party, such a development is dangerous and must be reversed.
“This new development portends great danger for our democracy and indeed Lagos integrity. We are thus calling on the state Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, not to sit on the fence at this auspicious time,” the party added.

The PDP therefore urged Fashola to exhibit control in governance, especially when Tinubu’s interests conflict with the public interests. “He (Fashola) must see to it that the process leading to the emergence of a market leader and any other leadership in the state is transparent, liberal and credible,” PDP said.

THISDAY reliably gathered that a meeting of leaders of markets slated to hold Tuesday to discuss the matter and decide on how to respond to Tinubu’s imposition of his daughter as the leader of traders in the state did not hold as scheduled. However, no reason was given for the cancellation of the meeting.

But a market leader at Ijaiye-Ojokoro area who would not want his name in print, has expressed doubts over the possibility of a reversal of the decision on the grounds that Tinubu and the Lagos State Government were behind the imposition of Tinubu-Ojo as their leader.

The position is considered relevant in Lagos politics as the occupant of the office wields considerable influence among traders, who constitute a significant portion of the electorate, and could exercise that influence to mobilise votes for any party of choice during elections.
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by lateef4me(m): 7:50am On Jun 26, 2013
Front page plssssss !
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by mbulela: 7:51am On Jun 26, 2013
ACN in action.
so Tinubu does not only appoint govs and House of assembly members,he also appoints market leaders? Is the concept of elections alien to ACN leaders?
Hop this man does not intend to appoint angels soon?
I wonder how Lai Mohammed will defend this?
The opposition are almost as bad as the devil inspired PDP.
Who knows, with an intelligent man like Tinubu ACN might actually do worse damage to our commonwealth than daft GEJ is doing.

1 Like

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by Bobandgreat: 7:56am On Jun 26, 2013
None of these people cares about you and I. They are all selfish. Nigerians are really doomed. ACN are PDP rejects. Ofcourse, they will be worse than PDP. When their leaders adopt a larger than life attribute. No one questions them.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by lateef4me(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2013
Where are the ACN lap dogs like eko ile jare ?

2 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by VirginFinder: 8:21am On Jun 26, 2013
mbulela: ACN in action.
so Tinubu does not only appoint govs and House of assembly members,he also appoints market leaders? Is the concept of elections alien to ACN leaders?
Hop this man does not intend to appoint angels soon?
I wonder how Lai Mohammed will defend this?
The opposition are almost as bad as the devil inspired PDP.
Who knows, with an intelligent man like Tinubu ACN might actually do worse damage to our commonwealth than daft GEJ is doing.

You are not a South African afterall.Damn!
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by xxyz17(m): 8:28am On Jun 26, 2013
The weird thing is, this is the same Tinubu that accused GEJ of being dictatorial. What a paradox.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by GenSpecific: 8:30am On Jun 26, 2013
ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN!ACN

1 Like

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by GenSpecific: 8:33am On Jun 26, 2013
This is just the beginning.
Come 2015 after this country is history and Odua Republic is formed, enjoy your Tinibu 1000 years Reich/Dynasty.

Mumu ACN!
Mumu Yoruba!

1 Like

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by lateef4me(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2013
Mods,

Front page please nowww . People deserve to know most of us are not happy about this Tinubu's wahala

1 Like

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by GenSpecific: 8:40am On Jun 26, 2013
lateef4me: Mods,

Front page please nowww . People deserve to know most of us are not happy about this Tinubu's wahala

for where?
This same NAIRALAND?

Are you knew here or are you a learner?
Don't you know that Seun is being subsidized by ACN?

2 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by tomakint: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2013
Just picture a scenario where this man, Tinubu, is the one running things in Nigeria undecided You na never halla, wetin you don see sef undecided

3 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by mbulela: 8:53am On Jun 26, 2013
Virgin Finder:

You are not a South African afterall.Damn!
What makes you think i am not? i might have dual nationality.
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by gramci: 8:53am On Jun 26, 2013
Dirty hypocrite, democratic dictator.

*spits*
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by GenSpecific: 8:54am On Jun 26, 2013
tomakint: Just picture a scenario where this man, Tinubu, is the one running things in Nigeria undecided You na never halla, wetin you don see sef undecided

That can never happen. The only reason he is relevant in today's politics is due to the overwhelming xenophobia and stup1dity of the average Yoruba bigot who gave him their support.
Other sections are not that daft.

1 Like

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by takedat(m): 8:55am On Jun 26, 2013
There is a 4 page thread on this topic

www.nairaland.com/1335266/tinubu-daughter-replace-abibatu-mogaji

And the other party(ACN), has denied the report calling it the "handiwork of an idle mind"

www.nairaland.com/1336103/lagos-acn-denies-reports-tinubu

Is Tinubu the Oba of Lagos? Those who are Yoruba and understand the tradition will know that no one except the Oba of Lagos can appoint or install or confer on anyone the title, Iya Loja of Lagos!

And if the argument is about imposing the daughter as President-General, Association of "Nigerian" not "Lagos" Market women and men. The question we need to ask is, can Tinubu or Fashola impose anyone on an association which draws it membership from markets across the country, with leaders of various markets in its fold, and most from PDP controlled states?

3 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by tomakint: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2013
Gen. Specific:

That can never happen. The only reason he is relevant in today's politics is due to the overwhelming xenophobia and stup1dity of the average Yoruba bigot who gave him their support.
God bless you at the bolded, you have eyes to see well and may God continue to let it see more wink
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by GenSpecific: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2013
gramci: Dirty hypocrite, democratic dictator.

*spits*

The bolded is a paradox as you cannot have both descriptions.

For example phrase like: Military Intelligence, General Specifics, etc.
You are either a democrat or a dictator. Tinibu is a dictator.
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by GenSpecific: 8:57am On Jun 26, 2013
tomakint:
God bless you at the bolded, you have eyes to see well and may God continue to let it see more wink

I am partly from the SW and I know my people well-well.
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by tomakint: 8:58am On Jun 26, 2013
lateef4me: Where are the ACN lap dogs like eko ile jare ?
as usual those ACN lapbaboons must always have something to say, no matter how stupid it would sound undecided
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by tomakint: 8:59am On Jun 26, 2013
Gen. Specific:

I am partly from the SW and I know my people well-well.
I am fully SW, and I know them too much trust me! You are right on your assertion cool

2 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by GenSpecific: 9:01am On Jun 26, 2013
tomakint:
as usual those ACN lapbaboons must always have something to say, no matter how stupid it would sound undecided

i wanted to vomit after reading some of their comments on the other threads.

1 Like

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by kutchs: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2013
Did they say the late woman is President Association of Nigerian Market Men and Women? How come we don‘t know her at Ariaria, Main Market Onitsha, Nkwo Nnewi, Ahia Ohuru Owerri and other main markets in Igboland?
Yorubas and title ehhh.
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by victorD3: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2013
Hell would have let lose if this had happened in any PDP state. Later they will flunt a party like ACN and APC ranting change for Nigeria.
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by donchris999: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2013
Up Tinubu! Up Acn! Up Apc! Daddy we love you. You can even sell us we dont care daddy! We love you sir! Daddy we want mummy oluremi in alausa in 2015! No vacancy in alausa come 2015! We love you daddy! Carry go!
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by frodobee: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2013
T B Joshua prophesied APC will win the election in my dreams. Then an annoucement followed to the effect that ''Sen Oluremi Tinubu is now the new Minister of Petroleum, please you are directed to accept her as our consensus candidate''. *buhari slaps somebody* . Shortly i woke up.
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by tomakint: 9:22am On Jun 26, 2013
donchris999: Up Tinubu! Up Acn! Up Apc! Daddy we love you. You can even sell us we dont care daddy! We love you sir! Daddy we want mummy oluremi in alausa in 2015! No vacancy in alausa come 2015! We love you daddy! Carry go!
Bad guy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Don, I need your contribution on this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1336263/sex-cost-n100-bodija-prostitute#16448842
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by mbulela: 9:30am On Jun 26, 2013
Gen. Specific:

but they are daft enough to support a clueless GEJ and his rabid wife (you know it is a joint presidency grin)
I struggle to understand how GEJ ended up as a president. something is seriously wrong with our leadership selection mechanism. We are either ending up with crooks or clueless clowns and often a mixture of both.

1 Like

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by tawa89(f): 9:36am On Jun 26, 2013
This man is a very smart man, for him to enslave one of the most educated ethnic groups in this country without them even realizing that they are in slavery is pure genius. Imagine what this man will do to our collective Commonwealth if he ever gets his hand on it. The man is a genius abeg ,he will be stealing us blind while we will be singing his praises. I pity Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by dandollaz: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2013
Igbo kwenu ,pls calm down my people from the east,just go and open ur shop n sale and leave politics for the politicians
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by donchris999: 9:51am On Jun 26, 2013
Ouch! Sorry bro! Am a busy man, i just pop in on nairaland once in a while especially weekends. Will check the thread any way and see who is collecting 100naira! Hahahahahahaha! How you dey?
tomakint:
Bad guy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Don, I need your contribution on this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1336263/sex-cost-n100-bodija-prostitute#16448842
Re: Traders Grumble As Tinubu’s Daughter Succeeds Grandmother by gramci: 10:00am On Jun 26, 2013
Gen. Specific:

The bolded is a paradox as you cannot have both descriptions.

For example phrase like: Military Intelligence, General Specifics, etc.
You are either a democrat or a dictator. Tinibu is a dictator.

thats why I called him hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra 6/11/2015 / Read Heartbreaking Open Letter From Biafra Youths To Arewa / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.