Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP (13584 Views)

"Tell Wike That I Will Attend Night Club In His Village"- Amaechi Vows. See Pics / I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo / Borno Residents Reaction Against Fg’s Plan To Negotiate With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by mbulela: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2013

Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, has said he will lead a protest against the actions of the federal government and the state Commissioner of Police, Joseph Mbu, and challenged the police boss to shoot him if he wished.

Amaechi said Mbu had turned Rivers to a police state where the movement of people was being restricted by the police, adding that it was time the people rose up to the challenge.

Amaechi spoke Tuesday when the people from Orashi region, comprising Abua/Odual, Ahoada-east, Ahoada-west and Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Areas of the state paid him a solidarity visit in Port Harcourt.

The people, who were led by the senator representing Rivers West senatorial zone, Senator Wilson Ake, had recounted how the commissioner of police had mobilised his men to stop the people from leaving their areas and entering Port Harcourt for the visit.

Reacting to the information, an enraged Amaechi said: “You should have recorded the incident so that we can show it to the world how much of a tyrant our commissioner of police is.

“The commissioner of police cannot say he banned protests (assuming you were coming to protest) when it is part of your fundamental human rights and the fundamental human rights are there in the constitution. So his order is now superior to the constitution? And he stopped people who want to merely express their views.

“We have been suffering. We are now in a police state in Rivers State if they block the entire Orashi region; not to allow more than a million persons; that area contains more than a million persons because you have Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Ahoada-east, Ahoada-west, Abua/Odual.

“And all the policemen put together in Rivers State are not more than 17,000 and with their guns they tried to stop you.

“What you showed them is what we call ‘Peoples Power’. That you came out despite the fact that the police blocked the roads, looking for persons in buses; that you still passed them and got to this place, means that you are stronger and more courageous than me.”

He expressed dissatisfaction with the activities of the commissioner and said the state was planning a protest against Mbu and the federal government.

He added: “We are looking for a date we will demonstrate against what the federal government and the commissioner of police are doing in Rivers State. We have told our chiefs to get ready. Once we get a date from people from overseas and Nigeria that will join us, we will give you the date.

“I have told the commissioner of police to be ready to shoot me; I will be in front. I will not sit here and wait for you to come and give me a letter. Instead, I will put the Secretary to State Government (SSG) here, then I with march down with you people and we will give the SSG’s letter to give to the federal government.

“So that if they want to shoot, they can shoot me. We have a right to express our views.”

Amaechi attributed the crisis rocking the state to his resolve to protect the oil wells of the state and also stand on the side of the people against those from outside the state who wished to hijack the resources of the state.

“I have said part of the fight we are having now is over our resolve to protect our oil wells. The next thing is that there are politicians who have played politics with us and in the past eight years, they have not been part of government and poverty has set in.
“They say we are not running an ‘inclusive government’. My brother, Ekiti State governor, calls it ‘stomach infrastructure’.

“Also, part of the problems we are having is that our brothers who have gathered in Abuja have been hijacked by those who are not from Rivers State to cause confusion in the state and using just one weapon: non-inclusive government,” he explained
He vowed that the people of the state would resist attempts to mortgage the state.
“The danger in letting them take power is that for four years they will not be able to do anything. The reason is that for eight years they have gotten nothing.

“So for four years, they will sit down and chop and before they remember that you people are there, it will be too late. But we will stop them. They can bring 20 commissioners of police, they can bring 20 Mbus, but the people’s power will resist them the way you did this morning,” he promised.

The state police command, however, denied its involvement in the said attempt at restricting the movement of people from the Orashi region of the state.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Angela Agabe (DSP), said the police commissioner would not do anything that would infringe on the rights of the people.
Meanwhile, the member representing Ikwerre/Emohua Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Chief Andrew Uchendu, has pledged that no person of Ikwerre extraction would succeed Ameachi in 2015.

Uchendu said yesterday in Port Harcourt, while reacting to the alleged declaration by the Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, to run for the governorship seat in 2015, that the people of Ikwerre ethnic nationality got the support of other ethnic nationalities in the state to produce a governor of Ikwerre extraction in 2007, and were ready to reciprocate the gesture at the right time.

Uchendu, who is a founding member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said: “We pleaded with other ethnic nationalities in the state to give us the needed support to produce a governor of Ikwerre extraction in 2007.

“These ethnic nationalities gave us the support. So we are not going to support another Ikwerre man to succeed Amaechi in 2015. If we do that, it will show that we did not appreciate the support these ethnic nationalities gave to us.”

Uchendu appealed to the PDP and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to call Wike to order, pointing out that the minister had gone ahead to launch his campaign for 2015 general election when the electoral umpire had not given any go-ahead to do so.

He said: “Wike has to be called to order. Rivers State does not belong to him; PDP does not belong to him.

“How can he go ahead to begin campaign for 2015 election when INEC has not given the go-ahead on that? I am appealing to PDP and INEC to call him to order.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/shoot-me-if-you-can-amaechi-dares-cp/
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by mbulela: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2013
Poo is about to hit the fan.
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by carzola(m): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2013
This tout called gov Ameachi, he would'nt look into his state, and the bad roads.. Keep fighting the wind..

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by GenSpecific: 9:15am On Jun 26, 2013
The id1ot is now playing the victim and is expecting your sympathy. But when he was busy embezzling money did he look your side? Nigerian newspapers are full of crap news like this. Every corrupt stinking politician makes headlines with their rubbish comments after bribing their views to the headlines. Just like what you have here on Nairaland. So much sentimentalization without any true substance.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by ojubi(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2013
Ameachi is confused. How can you tell the whole world that the police prevented rivers people including a senator from coming to pay you a courtesy visit? Find another lie sir.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2013
Mr Amaechi! My friend will always say "If you find yourself having problems with too many people consistently, reexamine yourself"

Perhaps, you should check your arrogant character. Abi na only you be Governor for Naija? Why are the rest not haunted?

My two cents.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by kkkp: 9:46am On Jun 26, 2013
Strong Man...givin dat clueless retardeen a gud run 4 his money

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by taharqa: 9:47am On Jun 26, 2013
**smh**....
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2013
JONA FIT JUST RACKET THIS MAGA THROW AM FOR GUTTER,, His resolve will one day be shaken by the superior might of the FG.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by xykms101: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2013
Nigeria is indeed a big joke, ordinary state CP threatening an incumbent state governor. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by Rhino5dm: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2013
[size=38pt]I dey laugh ooooooooooo[/size]
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by aminho(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2013
Do more talk less just becus u can't control the Cp then u have to be against him typical nigerian
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by Cmoyor: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2013
Wen d goin was good nobody hrd anyfin now it does nt favour u u want evrybody to be on ur syde... For me OYO lo wa
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by xykms101: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior: Mr Amaechi! My friend will always say "If you find yourself having problems with too many people consistently, reexamine yourself"

Perhaps, you should check your arrogant character. Abi na only you be Governor for Naija? Why are the rest not haunted?

My two cents.
Handwork of an uneducated first lady. You should tell that fat frog, amoeba, English murderer, ex kpof kpof seller and bass voice to mind her business and stick to the kitchen where she belongs. This is the game of Men not for a dullard stinking pvssy.

She was so angry that amaechi didnot welcome her when she was on her senseless lavish holiday to the state.

E be like say this woman don give jona wrapper collect trouser.

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by sambony4luv(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2013
carzola: This tout called gov Ameachi, he would'nt look into his state, and the bad roads.. Keep fighting the wind..

Uar a fool to call amaechi a tout... Go pick up your manners from where you dropped them then define tout to see if you are not one..

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by Ibangap(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2013
Lol@ 'Bringing 20 Mbus'. Anyway can't wait for that day to come.
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by SincereBigot: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2013
naija don tire me

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by freakcin: 10:23am On Jun 26, 2013
This guy should take things easy na! He should be doing behind the scenes negotiations to calm things down not this war of words, abi which kind politician hin be sef? undecided

Why is he even giving out all these info sef?
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by ichommy(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2013
Sincere Bigot: naija don tire me
make me trek go Europe?
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by akpomeme(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2013
Learn to select the fights you can win... Abi dem don curse Ameachi? Pride comes before the fall of a man.
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by fitzmayowa: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2013
following

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by kross01(m): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2013
i refuse to believe this story, how on earth can u propose such gist that the police attempted to stop people from a senatorial zone from coming out from their zone? Even if all the policemen from rivers state are drafted to the zone, its still cnt be possible so please these politicians should find a more 'beautified lie' to feed us. Meanwhile, i thought amaechi's persecution was because of his 2015's ambition? Never knew its now about rivers states' oil wells & wealth.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by Isiterere(m): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2013
Chief security officer CSO of a whole state +People vs state commissioner of police +FG part 1.
Naija drama series.....
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by alaoeri: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2013
I thought they say Amaechi is finished politically, how come he still got supporters & becoming a hard nut to crack?
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by deshclones(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2013
xykms101: Handwork of an uneducated first lady. You should tell that fat frog, amoeba, English murderer, ex kpof kpof seller and bass voice to mind her business and stick to the kitchen where she belongs. This is the game of Men not for a dullard stinking pvssy.

She was so angry that amaechi didnot welcome her when she was on her senseless lavish holiday to the state.

E be like say this woman don give jona wrapper collect trouser.

Clap for yourself...insulting someone's mother,wife,sister and daughter for no just cause...clap for yourself mister/miss or whatever gender you are....guess throwing insults at people makes you happy or gives you some sort of highness to fight your raving complex issues..clap for yourself..just clap..

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by zuggy: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2013
The law of catching up with this tyrant and dictator, he taught he was lord of the Rivers people, now he's facing what he does to others. He hasnt seen anything yet . Ameachi a tyrant and dictator everyone is tired of u, those making a solidarity visit to you are only doing same cos their political future is uncertain. Amaechi your time is up

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by obinnakenedo(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2013
kkkp: Strong Man...givin dat clueless retardeen a gud run 4 his money
how?. By crying?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by Lusola15: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2013
Plz do
You av finally played into d hands of ur enemies. He want to lead a riot. smiley simple u will be shoot and a State of Emergence will be deceared in ur state. Goodluck Mr Gov
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2013
Amechi, can't you see the hand writings on the wall? The people who instigated you to fight GEJ are the one who passed the vote of confidence on him. Beware!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by figment232(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2013
sambony4luv:

Uar a fool to call amaechi a tout... Go pick up your manners from where you dropped them then define tout to see if you are not one..
U re a bigger fool! Amaechi is a confirmed AGBERO
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by megacity: 10:42am On Jun 26, 2013
Amechi should focus on governing Rivers and forget all this protest against FG and JEG
Re: Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP by zuggy: 10:42am On Jun 26, 2013
Amaechi remember late Okadigbo how he died from the police teargas during a rally which the police refused given approval. He and Buhari were bent on going ahead, today he is late and buhari enjoing his life, while he's wife in the senate. Dont fight the powers that be, especially an ambitious police boss that is desperately trying to please his ogas at the top

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9th Senate: Why We Picked Lawan For Senate Presidency – APC / Shiites Protest: Presidency commends Police Force for exercising Restraint / Niger Coup: ‘This Is Not Our War' – Orji Kalu Warns President Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.