Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) (18980 Views)

Massive Academic And Non-Academic Recruitment At Hezekiah University-83positions / Academic Vacancies At Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture (179 Positions) / Academic And Non-academic Job Vacancies At Federal University, Oye-ekiti 14 Vac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Walexz02(m): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2013

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant positions below:

1. COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE

(a) Department of Agronomy

Senior Lecturer, Lecturer I and Lecturer II
Areas of Specialization: Plant Pathology; Plant Breeding/Genetics; and Agricultural Engineering or Mechanization.

(b) Department of Animal Science

Senior Lecturers
Areas of Specialization: Animal Breeding/Genetics; and Animal Products/Meat Science.

(c) Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
Professors
Areas of Specialization: Agricultural Economics; and Extension and Rural Sociology

(d) Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Management
Professors and Senior Lecturers
Areas of Specialization: Fisheries Nutrition/Management and Aquaculture; and Wildlife Management

2. COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND CULTURE

(a) Department of History and International Studies
Professor/Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer, Lecturer I/II
Area of Interest: Nigerian Economic History, Social and Cultural History, Comparative Economic and Social Systems, Economics of African Development, International Economic Integration and Financial Integration.

(b) Department of Languages and Linguistics
(i) Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I/II in Linguistics
(ii) Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I/II in Communication Studies
(iii) Senior Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer in French
(iv) Professor / Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer I/II in English
(v) Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I/II in Literature

3. COLLEGE OF LAW
Professor/ Senior Lecturer
Qualification and Experience: Professor/Senior Lecturer must possess a Doctorate Degree in Law and must have been called to Bar. Twelve (12) years of Teaching and Research Experience in the University System and at least be at the Rank of Associate Professor/Reader with proven record of scholarly publications while six (6) years of Teaching and Research Experience is needed for the position of a Senior Lecturer who possesses a Ph.D Degree and already attained a Lecturer I status with adequate scholarly publications.

4. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES

(a) Department of Entrepreneurial Studies
Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I/II
Area of Specialization/Relevant Fields: Management Sciences, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management, Vocational and Technical Education.

(b) Department of Business Administration
Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecture I/II
Area of Specialization/Relevant Fields: Management, Finance, Marketing, Operations Research/Management, International Business and Human Resource Management.

(c) Department of Human Resource Development
Area of Specialization: Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Industrial Education, Industrial and Organization Psychology.

(d) Department of Accounting
Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecture I/II

(e) Department of Banking and Finance

(f) Department of Political Science and International Relations

(g) Department of Economics

(h) Department of Geography
Senior Lecturer

(i) Department of Sociology

5. COLLEGE OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY

(a) Department of Biological Sciences
(i) B. Sc. Microbiology Programme

Professor/Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization: Food and Industrial Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Environmental/Soil Microbiology, Public Health and Virology.

(ii) B. Sc Plant Science Programme
Area of Specialization: Plant Taxonomy and Genetics, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Plant Physiology, Ecology and Bryophytes.

(iii) B. Sc. Zoology Programm[/b]e
Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization: Parasitology, Entomology and Comparative Animal Physiology.

(b) [b]Department of Chemical Sciences

(i) B. Sc. Biochemistry Programme

Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I/II
Area of Specialization: Toxicology/Nutritional Biochemistry/Biotechnology. For Lecturer I/II in any area of specialization.
(ii) B. Sc. Chemistry Programme
Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer I /II
Area of Specialization: For Professor - Inorganic Chemistry; For Senior Lecturer -
Physical Chemistry/Organic Chemistry; For Lecturer I /II – Inorganic Chemistry/
Industrial/Analytical Chemistry

(iii) B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry Programme

Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer
Area of Specialization: For Professor – Industrial Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry;
For Associate Professor – Analytical Chemistry;
For Senior Lecturer - Physical Chemistry, Organic/Inorganic Chemistry.

(iv) B.Sc. Geology
Professor / Senior Lecturer

Area of Specialization:- Any area of Geology

(c) Department of Civil Engineering
Professor /Senior Lecturer /Lecturer I/II

Area of Specialization: Any area of Civil Engineering

(d) Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Professor /Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I/II
Area of Specialization: Any area of Electrical/Electronic Engineering

(e) Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
(i) B. Sc. Physics with Electronics Programme

Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer II/Assistant Lecturer

Area of Specialization: For Professor – Electronic (Communication) or Atmospheric Physics; For Senior Lecturer – Geophysics or Atmospheric Physics; Lecturer II – Communication Physics/ Radiation and Health Physics; For Assistant Lecturer – Evidence of Registration for Ph.D in Physics.

(ii) B. Sc. Mathematics with Statistics Programme
Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer/Lecturer II/ Assistant Lecturer

Area of Specialization: For Associate Professor – Applied Mathematics with specialization in Field Mechanics; Senior Lecturer – Ph. D in Statistics or Mathematics; Lecturer II – Ph. D in Mathematics; Assistant Lecturer – Prospective Ph. D in Functional Analysis, Algebra.

(f) Department of Information Management Technology

B. Sc Computer Programme

Professor/Senior Lecturer

Area of Specialization:- Any area of Computer Sciences.

(g) Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer I/ II

Area of Specialization:- Any area of Urban and Regional Planning

QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Please check specific disciplinary requirements where applicable below:-

Professor: The candidate who must have been an Associate Professor for at least three (3) years must have a Ph.D. degree in the area specified and evidence of highly scholarly productivity. Candidate must have adequate acceptable publications locally and internationally with distinctive academic quality, originality and contribution to knowledge. The candidate must be willing to initiate and develop courses at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels and be able to supervise Postgraduate students in his/her areas of specialization. Minimum of fifteen (15) years Post Qualification teaching Experience in University or related tertiary Institution and adequate years of Administrative Experience. Registration with Professional body where applicable is compulsory.

Associate Professor: The candidate must have been a Senior Lecturer for at least three (3) years with a Ph.D. degree in the area specified and evidence of highly scholarly productivity with nothing less than ten (10) years of Teaching and Research Experience in a University. The candidate must be willing to initiate and develop courses at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels and be able to supervise Postgraduate students in his / her areas of specialization. Candidate must have adequate acceptable publications locally and internationally with distinctive academic quality, originality and contribution to knowledge. He/she must have adequate administrative years of experience. Registration with Professional body where applicable is compulsory.
More Vacancies At
http://uniosun.edu.ng/index.php/news-headlines/academic-and-non-academic-staff-vacancies.html
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2013
If the office of the Vice chancellor isn't occupied then lemme know. I would gladly apply
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Walexz02(m): 9:37am On Jun 26, 2013
^^
Hahaha! You are not serious o!
Its for the serious folks.
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2013
And cos am on nairaland means am not serious. Or everyone you see on here isnt

1 Like

Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Walexz02(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2013
Nna! I no mean am dt way o!
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by ojsamuel(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2013
Thanks for the info!
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by tosin2013: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2013
Thanka too. Pls are these d only departments dat vacancies are available? Wat about health sciences?
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by tunlex01(m): 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
25 copies of cv in dis 21st century? I tire for naija. Person got no choice....

1 Like

Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Walexz02(m): 9:28am On Jun 27, 2013
tosin2013: Thanka too. Pls are these d only departments dat vacancies are available? Wat about health sciences?
Please check their websites. There are alot of vacancy their.
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by tunlex01(m): 10:35am On Jun 27, 2013
Is it advisable for a non-indigene of osun state to apply?
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Walexz02(m): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
tunlex01: Is it advisable for a non-indigene of osun state to apply?
Ofcourse yes!
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by nairaman66(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
Seems they have vacancies in all the departments Oo. I hope this isn't a glorified secondary school..

1 Like

Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by instaforexngr(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
why are they not recruiting for graduate assistants?
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by TeenageMoney(m): 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by CyberG: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
Interesting that Osun State now has 5 universities! shocked shocked grin grin Nice one! I hope they get better and better as they develop better!
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by kennyonthrone(m): 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Is dis a mass recruit? Definetely dia was a mass sackin......one man's downfal is anoda man's upliftment
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by sEyi6: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
CyberG: Interesting that Osun State now has 5 universities! shocked shocked grin grin Nice one! I hope they get better and better as they develop better!

Osun has the highest number of tertiary institutions after Ogun in the country.
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Lollyp95: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
nairaman66: Seems they have vacancies in all the departments Oo. I hope this isn't a glorified secondary school..
wat do u mean by glorified secondary school
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Gifted4all(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
ULSHERLAN: If the office of the Vice chancellor isn't occupied then lemme know. I would gladly apply
the last tym i checked u hav nt pass ur waec

2 Likes

Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Marineetyon(m): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
What's having the highest number of higher institutions has to do with qualitation education? I tire for some people oh, I think some of these universities are really not equipped.
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
P.HD Things
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gifted4all: the last tym i checked u hav nt pass ur waec
Are you a comedian?
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by yetunsbay(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2013
nairaman66: Seems they have vacancies in all the departments Oo. I hope this isn't a glorified secondary school..
c u
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by tunlex01(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2013
Is it a must that the cv to be sent must follow the format specified in the advert?
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by busuyem: 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pls house, is it advisable 4 someone who is not frm Osun state apply 4 this job, most especially academic planning officer? I wish I could apply if it's prospective. Ur advise will be much appreciated. Tanx.
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by yetunsbay(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
busuyem: Pls house, is it advisable 4 someone who is not frm Osun state apply 4 this job, most especially academic planning officer? I wish I could apply if it's prospective. Ur advise will be much appreciated. Tanx.
nothing our God can't do
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by moneyhungry(m): 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
please can an igbo guy like me get an employment in a yoruba state school such as this?
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by halamuh(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2013
Mr Igbo man u can apply as far as u are qualified. Even non osun state indigens especially non Yorubas have better chances. A trial will convince u.
Re: Academic And Non-academic Vacancies At University Of Osun (uniosun) by yetunsbay(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
money-hungry :
please can an igbo guy like me get an employment in a yoruba state school such as this?
sure.if i didnt knw of other campuses i knw that of okuku own i.e campus which has igbo lecturers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can One Get A Government Job Without Connection? / 5 Things Npower Beneficiaries Must Do To Keep Their NPVN Profile Save / Massive Banking Recruitment At Workforce Management Centre (over 700 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.