Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture (863 Views)

Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online / Java Using Distributed System / Free Script For Scrambling Php Distributed Codes (obfuscator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture by Danyl(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2013
good day fellow nairalanders. I need an insight into an issues that concerns my software am currently working on. it involves access a java derby database on a network. I wan to do I in such a way that all the computers inthe network. can have their specific priveldges in their access to th software eg. admin officer, accountant and director. all should b able to access the database but can only av access to the inner features of the software when they login while the java derby database engine serve as the backend. this software is working on my local pc and everything working as intended but when I deploy it on. 3-system network in which system serve for each roles my database is on one of. three systems. how can I get three system connected such that they can all access the database and be able to perform their respective functions which involves accessing the database. FYI I used Java Persistence API an toplink library for my project. I'm using netbeans and it has been the work very easier for me. so what are the libraries I need to import into the system unit that houses the database and do I have to include the IP address of the my server system into the database url at the client end. please help.. honest an constructive criticisms are highly welcome. thank you all
Re: Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture by javadoctor(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
All u need to know is the derby client/server architecture.it embeds Derby and manages requests from network clients. The server setup has derbynet.jar which has an instance of derby embedded in the classpath. All u need do is create ur database,place it on a directory on d server. den run the startNetworkServer.bat This will start the Network Server up on port 1527. The next thing is to setup ur client side,add the driver derbyclient.jar and derbytools.jar to the client which is optional but required if u re using ij tools.the derbyclient is used by different clients accessing the network database.jpa is added on the client side on a different jvm and,the database is remote on.a different jvm. Goodluck
Re: Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture by Danyl(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
javadoctor: All u need to know is the derby client/server architecture.it embeds Derby and manages requests from network clients. The server setup has derbynet.jar which has an instance of derby embedded in the classpath. All u need do is create ur database,place it on a directory on d server. den run the startNetworkServer.bat This will start the Network Server up on port 1527. The next thing is to setup ur client side,add the driver derbyclient.jar and derbytools.jar to the client which is optional but required if u re using ij tools.the derbyclient is used by different clients accessing the network database.jpa is added on the client side on a different jvm and,the database is remote on.a different jvm. Goodluck
thanks for this piece i'll try that..i guess the Ip address of the server system hosting the database is needed 4d d client 2connect right? And more do u think RMInvocation will make things easier in d light of dis applicatn or i should adhere strictly to my previous flow as highlightd in my previous post.
Re: Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture by javadoctor(m): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Please why will u need a remote method invocation? Rmi's r used in ejb's or in a soap object web service or restful. Why do u need to call a method remotely wen all this is happenin in a lan netwrk. The rmi api is used in web applications because a soap web service is deployed remotely on an application server..
Re: Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture by Danyl(m): 6:24am On Jun 27, 2013
javadoctor: Please why will u need a remote method invocation? Rmi's r used in ejb's or in a soap object web service or restful. Why do u need to call a method remotely wen all this is happenin in a lan netwrk. The rmi api is used in web applications because a soap web service is deployed remotely on an application server..
thanks i saw an excerpt on Rmi bt it never mentioned anytn like an applicatn server bt most of d supportn libraries can only b found in d J2EE specificatn. Thanks alot
Re: Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture by javadoctor(m): 10:11am On Jun 27, 2013
J2ee application server...please research more on ur issue and stop posting more comments
Re: Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture by Danyl(m): 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
@javadoc,it seems u knw too well on RMI abi bt i won't post anymore as u said...

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Name / Installing Joomla With Xampp (local Host Sever) / Webdesign For 15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.