Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

(solved)Pls Help My Camry 2004 Rear Tyre Makes Noise And Skips At Low Speed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (solved)Pls Help My Camry 2004 Rear Tyre Makes Noise And Skips At Low Speed (1192 Views)

Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / Toyota Camry Front Passenger Tyre Makes Metallic Sound / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(solved)Pls Help My Camry 2004 Rear Tyre Makes Noise And Skips At Low Speed by compunigeria: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2013
My car makes annoying noise when moving between 20 to 50km/hr , it will also be moving as if the right rear tyre is skipping, however for any speed above this range the movement seem flawless.The noise appears to come from the same side.
THINGS THAT GAVE BRIEF SOLUTION
the first mechanic said the tyre is bent (we replaced it with a spare but the problem returned after 2 weeks)
Doing wheel balancing and alignment gave few weeks relief then the problem returns
i also tried changing the rim of the affected side
Another mechanic said its a part which he called "boris" i.e bearings, it was replace with OEM one but same result.

CAR SPECS
camry 2004 sedan
tyre 205/65R 15 two are m+s(front) and the back are "s"
the rims are the normal ones i.e not alloy.
Being a complete novice to auto issues please i need the help of the experts in this forum .....sienna, viper,ikenna to mention but a few.
thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: (solved)Pls Help My Camry 2004 Rear Tyre Makes Noise And Skips At Low Speed by Stylz69(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
Bearings... That is what mechanics call "Boris"
Re: (solved)Pls Help My Camry 2004 Rear Tyre Makes Noise And Skips At Low Speed by compunigeria: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Stylz69:
... That is what mechanics call "Boris"

thanks
Re: (solved)Pls Help My Camry 2004 Rear Tyre Makes Noise And Skips At Low Speed by Lovetinz(m): 8:53am On Jun 28, 2013
Following..
My Honda Crv 03 does this shimming and skipping thing on the left rear wheel too.
I am avoiding sudden acceleration till i can I can afford HondaPlace service. I try not to patronise Car Wreckers.
Re: (solved)Pls Help My Camry 2004 Rear Tyre Makes Noise And Skips At Low Speed by compunigeria: 9:18am On Oct 01, 2013
just a follow up to help in case you have a similar problem.
The problem was solved last week(after spending more than 40k , it was caused by unequal wearing out affecting two tyres.
LESSONS I LEARNT
1. Get a good and PATIENT mechanic
2 if possible, get the mechanic to replace the so called bad part with another one and try it before spending huge amount buying the part
3. As a car owner in Nigeria, there are times you spend huge money fixing what is really simple all because You did not ask for help, or help is not forthcoming even when you ask.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice, Is Nissan Serena A Good Car / Please Can Someone Help Me With A Car To Start A Business / Uber Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.