Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,876 members, 7,798,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position (66625 Views)

Tp Settings For TVC / Any FTA Settings On Dstv Dish With Decoder Dsd 910? / Help Me On Fta Channel Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
teeebest: @ Olenyi, I have a dstv decoder that just stopped working.the alternative I have is my strong decoder 4663x which is not getting a strong signal.I use a 60cm dish.I need anyone who can help in installing a 90cm dish and I don't mind getting a better decoder that can receive sport channels.
Oga Olenyi,please how can I reach you to explain better? I want to communicate with you asap. larrykom03@yahoo.com.08088202099

You've got mail, brotherly.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
@olenyi u r a great teacher.pls i m very new to sat installation.i use a strong 4669 XII decoder and presently viewing multi tv on astra 4A. Can i use d same lnb position to track another fta satellite.pls reply
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
drmuchin: @olenyi u r a great teacher.pls i m very new to sat installation.i use a strong 4669 XII decoder and presently viewing multi tv on astra 4A. Can i use d same lnb position to track another fta satellite.pls reply

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Kindly go through the thread and try to understand the directions laid out there.

Let us know where you get stuck.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
olenyi:

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Kindly go through the thread and try to understand the directions laid out there.

Let us know where you get stuck.

Regards.
wot i m sayin is dat without changing d dish position can i track/lock on anoda sat on d same astra dish position
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Illuminatus(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2013
Hey, boss. I'm in a bit of a spot. I have a SRT 4663X receiver that is connected to two dishes. I get channels from two satellites, Eutelsat W4 and Intelsat 7,10k. I want to start receiving Joy TV but don't know how to go about it. Help?
I've read the previous posts. I tried connecting to ASTRA12ABD but it isn't part of my satellite line up.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2013
Illuminatus: Hey, boss. I'm in a bit of a spot. I have a SRT 4663X receiver that is connected to two dishes. I get channels from two satellites, Eutelsat W4 and Intelsat 7,10k. I want to start receiving Joy TV but don't know how to go about it. Help?
I've read the previous posts. I tried connecting to ASTRA12ABD but it isn't part of my satellite line up.
You can't get multi tv with 4663 but 4669 and above will do you good.
It does not necessarilly need to have Astra appeared on your decoder, you can choose any ku sat.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Illuminatus(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
SULIEMAN3: You can't get multi tv with 4663 but 4669 and above will do you good.
It does not necessarilly need to have Astra appeared on your decoder, you can choose any ku sat.
Okay. Does that mean I can't get anything more interesting than all these Christian networks and CCTV?
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
Illuminatus: Hey, boss. I'm in a bit of a spot. I have a SRT 4663X receiver that is connected to two dishes. I get channels from two satellites, Eutelsat W4 and Intelsat 7,10k. I want to start receiving Joy TV but don't know how to go about it. Help?

I would also suggest you get yourself an Srt 4922A decoder at less than 11k. That should do you fine.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
Illuminatus:
Okay. Does that mean I can't get anything more interesting than all these Christian networks and CCTV?

You could follow my instructions on this thread on how to get W3c/Amos 5. Your receiver can handle it and you get to watch some live matches also.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
Which sat does one get IRIB on? And what oda channels are there?
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
drmuchin: Which sat does one get IRIB on? And what oda channels are there?

That should be Arabsat 5c. But you should be looking at no lesser than a 1.8m dish to be on the safe side.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
olenyi:

That should be Arabsat 5c. But you should be looking at no lesser than a 1.8m dish to be on the safe side.

Regards.
Lol dats big. Wot abt RDV? I want to know d meaning of ds numeral values; 17'E, 23.2'E. Pls enlighten me.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Emmaculate20(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
drmuchin: Lol dats big. Wot abt RDV? I want to know d meaning of ds numeral values; 17'E, 23.2'E. Pls enlighten me.
The letter infront of 17'E means the EAST SURFACE, while the 17' means the ANGLE of the satellite in the orbit.
Hope it help's!

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
drmuchin: Lol dats big. Wot abt RDV? I want to know d meaning of ds numeral values; 17'E, 23.2'E. Pls enlighten me.

taking the sky directly above you as your 0' (zero degrees), you count down either east or west in degrees.

So 17'e means 17 degrees east

17'w means 17 degrees west.

Because we are counting down from directly above us, satellite 17'e is situated above satellite 28.2'e which inturn is situate above 36'e and so on.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
I appreciate ur lectures. Pls tell me d diff btw c band/ku band? Also eutelsat w3c,w6 doesnt show up on my satellites list
olenyi:

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by abelmike(m): 9:04am On Oct 29, 2013
Pls gurus in d house i have a 4673x decorder which freq can i be able to track.pls i need an urgent reply.thanks
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by jezsie: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2013
hi olenyi,welldone pls i read from a thread dat 1m dish can b use to track arabsat 5c on 20e to watch some fta matches which for now are more mostly shown there with bliss key.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by abelmike(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ olenyi thanks for ur instructions.i followed ur instructions on d first page and it took less than 20 minutes to nail both and multi tv and dat other station dat u said was little bit above multitv by the right. And when i blindscan all i got was france 24 and some other channels but most were christain channels.i was very happy this morning when i nailed those birdz.thanks once again.incase dat other freq wit symbol of 033333 didnt turn green sha.plz anything else i can try, so dat when i get home this evening i can try it out.regards...
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
jezsie: hi olenyi,welldone pls i read from a thread dat 1m dish can b use to track arabsat 5c on 20e to watch some fta matches which for now are more mostly shown there with bliss key.

Yes. It has been proven to be possible. But you've got to be patient and determined.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
abelmike: @ olenyi thanks for ur instructions.i followed ur instructions on d first page and it took less than 20 minutes to nail both and multi tv and dat other station dat u said was little bit above multitv by the right. And when i blindscan all i got was france 24 and some other channels but most were christain channels.i was very happy this morning when i nailed those birdz.thanks once again.incase dat other freq wit symbol of 033333 didnt turn green sha.plz anything else i can try, so dat when i get home this evening i can try it out.regards...

Try this freq 10804 H 30000 instead of 11024 H 03333. Work on your lnb. A little bit up, down, left, right, clockwise/anti-clockwise.

Keep your eyes on 11881 V 27500 to make sure that tp doesn't go down.

Try to get 11881 to atleast above 65-70%.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by jezsie: 10:12am On Nov 07, 2013
olenyi:

Yes. It has been proven to be possible. But you've got to be patient and determined.

Regards.

tanx.pls now dat mbc,cnn,etc has moved to amos what good is connecting to 36e.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Joliba: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2013
Can someone guide me through tracking mytv with multitv as reference
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
jezsie:

tanx.pls now dat mbc,cnn,etc has moved to amos what good is connecting to 36e.

That bird is dead to FTA. grin

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by mightykee: 11:01am On Nov 09, 2013
pls am newbie here my multi tv is show bad signal using satellite 28.2E ASTRA 2A2B2D wit freq 125523 symbol rate 19531 on dstv desc strong SRT 4669Z decoder pls i need ur help so dat i cn enjoy my multi tv
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by Xpset: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
mightykee: pls am newbie here my multi tv is show bad signal using satellite 28.2E ASTRA 2A2B2D wit freq 125523 symbol rate 19531 on dstv desc strong SRT 4669Z decoder pls i need ur help so dat i cn enjoy my multi tv
d fq can neva be 6gidit
use 12522v27042
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
can i get d tp for amos 5? Also what chanels are on amos?
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
drmuchin: can i get d tp for amos 5? Also what chanels are on amos?

Track with 11881 V 27500. Get the signal to be above 70%. Then blindscan.

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by jezsie: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
tnx , so bird is advisable that i change to now since i v amos and multi tv
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
i have only a 60cm dish do i hv to buy anoda dish if i want to get both amos 5 and astra 2b
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
thanks for ur help. My oda question is, if one can get both amos 5 and multi tv on one sat dish
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by olenyi: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
drmuchin: thanks for ur help. My oda question is, if one can get both amos 5 and multi tv on one sat dish

Quite possible. Though if you're not so proficient, I would advice you use 90cm dish to increase your chances. You could make Amos your primary and astra on top of the primary and to the right.

Regards.
Re: Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position by drmuchin: 1:02am On Nov 12, 2013
olenyi:

Quite possible. Though if you're not so proficient, I would advice you use 90cm dish to increase your chances. You could make Amos your primary and astra on top of the primary and to the right.
Ah but u taught me that amos 17'e is ontop of astra 28.2'e?

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Current Prices Of Strong Decoder And Th Models.e / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) / 40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.