Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm (9695 Views)

3d Modelling Challenge : Lava Man / 3d Animation Challenge / 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by wilsonhaze(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2008
http://www.jboxcreations.com/otherjpgimgs/Lagos.JPG

Thats the link to the high res image, competition has started, final submission is 2nd week of june !.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 30, 2008
I'll be sending mine soon. I tried sending it but the image seem too large. All i need do is to reduce the size and resolutiom.
WATCH OUT.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 4:21pm On May 31, 2008
Didn't know that wasn't the real image. Well, I think I'm done for now. That'll likely be till the next challenge

Cheers
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by wilsonhaze(m): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2008
I think nairaland has an upload file limit of 200kb, i'd suggest you upload the file on another server, then upload a lower resolution for viewing here.

So far i'll rate what we have , as i said there is nothing like the design is ok, its either;
1. Tight!
2. Wack!
3. Very Very Wack!! 100% Wack!!

So neptune's work = Wack!,
Raymond88's work = Wack!,
Kemjisuper's work = Very Very Wack!! 100% Wack!!,

Mine is ready, but'll be uploaded soon. Awaiting more entries!! grin
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by uspry1(f): 2:44am On Jun 02, 2008
If your photo is exceed the maximum Nairaland upload attachment size that is allowed only 200KB, then I suggest you to use Nairaland 'Insert Image' button with width and height format as following code below EXACTLY:

[img width=760 height=560]http://www.yourdomainname.com/image/yourphotofile.jpg[/img]

Your photo will appear at your posting.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by ztyle(m): 3:25am On Jun 02, 2008
@poster
I think this dude is talkinq sense here, u can't compare Graphic section to other section e.g Romance!
We all here 're just too romantic and 4get about Creativity, dats pathetic. undecided
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2008
How cool is mine? please comment on it.

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by wilsonhaze(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2008
@in2gold you work is rated : Very Very Wack!! 100% Wack!!, peronally i'll add an extraordinary wack to it. in fact its the wackest so far!!

The man standing in front does not even match the background lighting and color details. The fire is too unrealistic, everything is just wrong

If you want to upload a file thats around 1mb use this site www.imageshack.us you can host your files for free!!
Cheers! , watch out for mine
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2008
@wilsonhaze
in other words you are telling me to go back to work and start all over. am i correct?
sombody else pls comment on it.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2008
i cant comment until i send mine in. and i cant do dat until i stop feeling lazy to go back to photoshop.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 10:40am On Jun 03, 2008
@Wilsonhaze
I'm personally waiting to see what you come up with sometime this year perhaps!

Anyways, I don't think I dig your rating system - You're supposed to encourage people as much as possible instead of just downright sarcasm!

What's with all the Wack! Wack!! Wack! & Extra ordinary Wack ratings?
Don't you think 30%, 40%, 70% 90% or A, B, C, D, E, F would be more worthy of awarding?

Till we see your input then,
Cheers undecided
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2008
are works in progress allowed or not?
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Raymond88(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2008
Nah, it'll just be rated by the almighty Wilsonhaze as whack whack whikitty whack. tongue
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2008
ok then. i'll hold my tongue tongue
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by wilsonhaze(m): 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2008
I think "strict" encourages harder/better work.
Here's a better critic;

@ Neptune, you have the coolest work so far, but some part of the fire in your work dosent belong, and the overall tone of the image is not grimey as requested, but your work is near tight.

@Raymond88, i'll rate you second after Neptune, the overall tone of your work is too sepia, the colors are missing, and how come the guy is floating on the air his direction shows he is running, he is not placed properly

@Kemjisuper, your work is third placed, the guy dosent belong, your does not look realistic at all, expecially the fire, the planes there look like clipart, the bus in the pic was not properly cut and it is entirely out of place

@in2gold, i've commmented on your work before, i think you need to  go back to the board.

Cheers! Coming soon. Final date = 2nd week of this month.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2008
@ wilsonhaze
U should have posted yours b4 your critism. All these up and down talks should have come after the dead line. We wanted to reduce 2 many talk in this section thats why the whole thing started.
So reduce the noise making and show us ur work instead.
I'm waiting.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2008
wilsonhaze:

I think "strict" encourages harder/better work.
Here's a better critic;

@ Neptune, you have the coolest work so far, but some part of the fire in your work dosent belong, and the overall tone of the image is not grimey as requested, but your work is near tight.

@Raymond88, i'll rate you second after Neptune, the overall tone of your work is too sepia, the colors are missing, and how come the guy is floating on the air his direction shows he is running, he is not placed properly

@Kemjisuper, your work is third placed, the guy dosent belong, your does not look realistic at all, expecially the fire, the planes there look like clipart, the bus in the pic was not properly cut and it is entirely out of place

@in2gold, i've commmented on your work before, i think you need to go back to the board.

Cheers! Coming soon. Final date = 2nd week of this month.

@Wilsonhaze
I totally agree with your re-think on constructive criticism instead. Of course I didn't put in my best effort into it (probably cos there's no money involved undecided ) but I expected that you would point out individual flaws like you just did. Falling just behind Neptune and Raymond88 is an honour too! grin

Anyways, still waiting to see what YOU come up with and I can see that I'm speaking the minds of majority of us here. I totally fast and pray that you "Blow our minds away" literally with your work.

I'm Wot-Ching You cool cool cool
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Truetalk(m): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2008
I really appreciate what i am seeing , it has been pretty long i have been home and i am happy that when i returned ,you guyz were actually working very hard, I love the idea of the competition it would really make we Creatives work very hardly, I need someone to keep me posted on the next Contest and the Prices Involved, LOL,

Guyz keep up the gud job,
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2008
I really appreciate what i am seeing , it has been pretty long i have been home and i am happy that when i returned ,you guys were actually working very hard, I love the idea of the competition it would really make we CREATIVES work very hardly, I need someone to keep me posted on the next Contest and the Prices Involved, LOL,

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by wilsonhaze(m): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2008
@justbones, is that your work on your alien lagos?, wow the aliens really zapped the city
@Kemjisuper keep  Wot-Ching me shocked grin grin
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2008
dont make me angry
you would not like me when i am angry
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 9:53am On Jun 05, 2008
here's mine. please be gentle

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by OKX(m): 11:44am On Jun 05, 2008
day 1 of 4

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2008
I like this one!c cool
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by qeemus: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2008
, well,here is mine,i'm still a newbee,so be gentle with me undecided

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2008
I miss my Photoshop embarassed ! Damn this Windows Vista angry
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by qeemus: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2008
i'm still awaiting your comments
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2008
@Geemus

Nice - Better than mine! wink
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by qeemus: 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2008
@kemjisuper
thanks for being candid. wink
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2008
for a noob, u <geemus> make me look like a newbie
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by qeemus: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2008
@justbones
Thanks,my head don dey swell shocked
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2008
i give kudos every one that has contributed to the success of this challenge.Its not easy coming up with ideas like the ones we have here.
@ wilsonhaze
i would have loved to do some kind of rework but time factor has made it impossible for me due to my working schedule.
But i will like us to continue having stuffs like these,it will help build a lot of us working with grafix.
Who knows there may be a reward for our hard work someday.
God be with you all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Portfolio As A Graphics Designer For 2016 Follow If You Love Them. / How Much Money Can I Make From Animations. / Happy New Month (I Don Port To July)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.