Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter (57188 Views)

Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) / 'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by bishopjoe02(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
These unusual looking planes are the creations of amateur engineers in Africa who have made their own jets - often just using scarp metal, a book guide and a lot of improvisation.

Despite their lack of material, training and money, these determined aviation-enthusiasts have managed to build their own machines.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348222/Economy-class-The-remarkable-ramshackle-aircraft-Africas-DIY-aviators.html#ixzz2XJs7UPYX

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Tloc(m): 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
Did they fly with them?

10 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by bigtt76(f): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
Why waste precious time and energy over things you can make no use of? The builders can they fly the plane assuming it goes off the ground? Do they even know what it takes to fly a plane? We ought to start encouraging them else we would start having more of these contraptions crashing on our heads ....me I don talk my own oo grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by mcevans1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
Flying coffin oooo

64 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
Show me something in the air and I'll agree it's an aircraft. These look more like model aboki kiosks than aircraft. If it has three wheels but doesn't fly, it is a tricycle at best (KEKE NAPEP)!

13 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
3rd to comment!.
But those helipads are damn ugly
Btw of what use or significance is their work, they stop wasting their time. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. When America already already has silent helipads, these ones are wasting their time thinking they are inventing. Total rubbish sad sad
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
If it can't fly then it can't be an helicopters. Helicopters have to be able ti fly to be called helicopters.
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by NellyGhenghen(m): 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
lol Fly alone die alone, jus look at the chopper in the 8th picture, mba nu grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
Love seeing people make use of their talents, especially the underprivileged

18 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by 2ruink(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
which kyn person u be sef?
bigtt76: Why waste precious time and energy over things you can make no use of? The builders can they fly the plane assuming it goes off the ground? Do they even know what it takes to fly a plane? We ought to start encouraging them else we would start having more of these contraptions crashing on our heads ....me I don talk my own oo grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by sayso: 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
physical molding is not physical flying. Mba biko nu

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Immortal1(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
There is always a starting point. Nice step!

17 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by johnstar(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
I came 2 win, 2 fly grin grin grin....... , pls we need d video of dm flyn wit d plane undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by mamsong9(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
mc~evans:
Flying coffin oooo

lol
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Youngler(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
hum, this one is STRONG!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
That must be yuzedo in his banana i-land helenCUPta.

DEATH SENTENCE!!

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by pekelepekele(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
mc~evans:
Flying coffin oooo

You can say that again .
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by DJDOLA(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Niger got talent

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Anabaraonyepete(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
mc~evans:
Flying coffin oooo
And you are the corpse inside. y not say kudos??!!><>< angry angry wink

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by tutu1: 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
total weaste of time, helicopter that cant fly, why make it at all
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
I pity anybody that flies this one... undecided

If he gets proper training though....who knows?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by carbon1224(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
We need to encourage them instead.federal goverment needs to upgrade then with the right tools and training to enable them build better chopper.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by MaziJero: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
good news.hope it won't turn to be an air borne disaster!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by gluv01(f): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
If it wasn't flown, it is not a plane them. It only has similar looks.
I commend him for his hard work, but in this era/century, doing this and expecting a reputable sponsor is a far cry.

Children are already making machines, even a new type of toilet for kids was invented by a 9 years old, and it's already selling fast.
So he should THINK harder, and expand his knowledge if possible in a university abroad and it will pay him big time.
This one just goes to show he can do better if trained better.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Creative but I no enter am undecided

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by mamsong9(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
The question, are they flying? Anyway, I like their courage.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by supaeagles(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
I would rather fly dana than this one oh grin

By the way this is such OLD news, from 2007, is daily mail UK so desperate that they are recycling this in 2013??
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
bigtt76: Why waste precious time and energy over things you can make no use of? The builders can they fly the plane assuming it goes off the ground? Do they even know what it takes to fly a plane? We ought to start encouraging them else we would start having more of these contraptions crashing on our heads ....me I don talk my own oo grin grin grin

smh
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by emmanuel4758(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
to enter dis type of jet and to comit sucide na d sametin no diferent abeg make una fly dat tinooh or ebetter make una exportam to s.a cuz dem dey like naija made product,..smh
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by lexy91: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
kudos!!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Tinoxky: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hope say nobe flying coffin?
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter by Aringarosa(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emaciated Lions At Breeding Farm Eat Each Other In South Africa(Pics) / Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed / Meet The Southern Titan! Huge Dinosaur The Same Length As Basketball Court (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.