Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready (6309 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / **pls, Is It Possible For a Lady To Be Pregnant And Still Menstrate** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
My sister, is it not better they bring the children whole and safe than to take them, maltreat and abuse them and they still end up with social welfare by then damaged and abused mentally, emotionally and physically?
As for Banks and cooperate organizations don't get me started on "social responsibilty" in this country.
A bank will donate 150,000 and use 5 million to get on newsline to cover it, tell me what that is.
The orphanage self will spend more money going to ask for sponsorship than the actuall sponsorship they get.
I don't blame them, its our society, they will struggle to sponsor big brother, dance shows and singing competition because that's what people want, spend millions on that but real care for real issues we don't have that as a culture.
Why can't an organization adopt a whole orphanage and brand it?
Let me not even start on the Christmas shows churches go and do once a year they go and do party and give 2 bags of rich then they say they have done outreach, what happens the rest of the year?

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by damiso(f): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
[quote author=bis7]i m thinking of the old way of giving birth and gave it up for couples or single looking for there own children but not free.. if they are able to sponsor me till i gave birth and they have the baby plus 700k given after that i am willingly to leave it but if i cant get anyone between a week from now i will get rid of it so it wont affect my life now and also i dont have enough to take care of myself talkless of a child now. lopeobama@yahoo.com[/quote]

Really lopeobama undecided.If its not another nollywood tale, go with Efe's counsel.
@Debrief I never knew surrogacy was illegal in Nigeria.I thought it was only illegal if you got paid for it like most countries.You learn everyday.
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by damiso(f): 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
chaircover: Debrief, surrogacy is where there is a pre arranged agreement between the biological mother and the adoptive patents before pregnancy. What this girl is proposing is not surrogacy because she is already pregnant.

IMO Its the adoption laws and orphanages (how they are being run and funded that needs to be overhauled)

I prefer adoption. it is safer and is more regulated. With surrogacy there is nothing stopping paedophilia's or traffickers to pay any desperate women to produce babies to order.

The Adoption criteria is so stringent these days that If I were to adopt today, Id probably fail some of their tests lol, but the authorities are just making sure that they are matching the right kid to the right family and its important that they get it right for both parties.
True like a documentary I watched about how some unscrupulous agents were charging UK TTC parents a much as £10, 000 to find 'suitable' surrogates in India.There were then paying the indian women about £1, 500 which would still be alot of money to them.Alot of charities were not too comfortable with this arrangement and felt the both the TTC parents and the indian women were being exploited.They saw cases of women who had been surrogates like 4 times shocked
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Madam CC please read my post well oh, I never stated that what she was doing is surrogacy, I only made a case for surrogacy because it will reduce cases of such baby selling.
I never encouraged her, rather I advised her not to, but she should go and give her baby to social welfare.
I said Legal Surrogacy, the Bill being pushed clears a lot of the areas you are mentioning, it will also have to pass through social welfare.
Social welfare is over burdened in some states now they are turning back young pregnant women who come to give their babies because there is not enough funding to handle that and there are no enough homes as with stricter laws mushroom orphanages are being closed down.
This is not about what any of us prefer, what we would all prefer is that every child should grow in a loving home and have his/ her needs provided, my point is the reality we face and how to work with it to the best end.
May be because I didn't condemn her, its her choice, I don't know what the condition she lives with? I don't know how to get her, if we all shout her down and she logs off and goes and sells the baby anyway what do we do?
Part of talking to people in this state of mind requires that you gain their trust, not scold them, when you gain their trust you give them options.
I never called what she was planning to do surrogacy.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2013
Keeping the baby or not is her choice still, it can't be forced on her.
If she is caught selling a baby she will be charged with a crime beyond that scolding or condemning her actions won't change her mind.
She has condemned herself enough already and has prepared herself for the worst outcome.
The best is to try to convince her to change her mind.
That's what I am doing. My earlier epistle was to highlight how much of a problem it is becoming.
There are people am sure who may have alread contacted her.
That's the reality

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by biolabee(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2013
debrief08: Baby contrary to popular belief Nigerians adopt oh, infact we have more potential parents tthan we have eligible kids for adoption.
Not every child can be adopted, some their parents drop and say they will come back and they never do, such kids can't be adopted, some their relatives drop when their parents die, these ones have known and surviving relatives and can't be adopted,
Some are victims of abuse, accused of witchcraft or are witnesses in abuse cases, these kids can't be adopted too.
As for the long process, it is for the safety of the kids, our courts are generally slow due to years of neglect, before kids are given out investigations have to be made, each referee carefully checked, different inspection visits mostly unschduled carried out, before the Social worker can recommend the parents/ parent for adoption, then take to the judge who will set a date to review and allow or disallow.
Its for the safety of the child if it is rushed and kids end up with abusers, people who will sell them as s3x slaves it won't be beneficial.

As for publicity, media is expensive oh, the budget for the whole social welfare 36 states 37 plus abuja is less than what is budgetted for food in the Villa, these funds covers mostly school fees, feeding and salaries of social workers.
Mostly there is not even money for fueling of vehicles for investigations and checking on children.
However Few as they are Social workers are some of the most committed and dedicated people you find in Nigeria, most of them have turned their cars into official cars, they use them for work and fuel them by themself to get work done.
They always have car seats incase a baby needs to be picked up no matter the time of day, and in their houses be sure to find pampers and baby food for emergencies.

That's why the push for surrogacy is on, first it lessens the pressure on adoption, secondly it gives a safer option, and thirdly you will notice that unlike when we were younger there are less cases of throwing babies in dustbins, they may not get on the media but through churches, market groups, clubs and associations they educate women on bringing their kids instead of throwing them away.
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by baby124: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
debrief08: My sister, is it not better they bring the children whole and safe than to take them, maltreat and abuse them and they still end up with social welfare by then damaged and abused mentally, emotionally and physically?
As for Banks and cooperate organizations don't get me started on "social responsibilty" in this country.
A bank will donate 150,000 and use 5 million to get on newsline to cover it, tell me what that is.
The orphanage self will spend more money going to ask for sponsorship than the actuall sponsorship they get.
I don't blame them, its our society, they will struggle to sponsor big brother, dance shows and singing competition because that's what people want, spend millions on that but real care for real issues we don't have that as a culture.
Why can't an organization adopt a whole orphanage and brand it?
Let me not even start on the Christmas shows churches go and do once a year they go and do party and give 2 bags of rich then they say they have done outreach, what happens the rest of the year?

Wow, that is sad sha. Really sad. A society isjudged as civilized based on the welfare of its weakest citizens. The very young and the old. I tire for the country jare.
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by EfemenaXY: 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
chaircover: Efe what she is planning on doing (as I read for her post) is to give the baby away in exchange for N700k or get rid of it in a week. No where in her post has she said she has any intention of keeping the baby. Please read her post again.

And what does she need the 700k for? After all she is giving up the baby? So she has no need for baby things etc Is the N700K the cost of maintenance for the remaining 6 months? If she has been chased out of her home due to the pregnancy and she is looking to rent somewhere, is she planning on living in a duplex in Lekki? Or why does she need N700K

Efe 700K!!!!!!!!! Not N70K . . . . . She is selling that baby and this has nothing to do with need.

If she wanted help in keeping the baby, she wouldn’t have put a figure up there. She would have come out and ask for help. . . any help at all. We are talking of a life here, not a pair of shoes that you give up just like that. Heck I have some shoes that I hide at the back of my wardrobe when I know that some gimmme gimme gimme people are coming to visit. cool

CC, I hear you.

Truth is, no one really knows what her real intentions are, except are. One can only go by what she's posted.

Abegi, 700K is not that big deal jare. How much is a basket of tomatoes at the market? I bet even your average self-contained one bedroom apartment / flat would put a big dent in that sum. Or maybe, knowing that her folks would wash their hands clean off her the minute they find out she's pregnant, she intends to use some of that money to continue with her education? I.e pay her way through, knowing that her relatives would withdraw their support? The possibilities are endless. Having said that, I would really like to know what she intends to do with the money she's requesting for.

Admittedly, her post is a bit confusing, yes, because she mentions she needs the money AFTER the baby is born, but yet in the same breath mentions that she doesn't even have enough to look after herself NOW, much less a baby....That's why I really do think she intends to use it in preparing for the birth of the baby.

Her logic kinda makes sense though, if she can't afford to look after herself and a baby, why have it in the first place? (yes, yes, it's a cold thing to say) so that's why I think she meant before the baby's born, not after hence the ultimatum - an ultimatum born out of desperation, confusion and fear no doubt. As far as I remember, the Nigerian society frowns on working single mums doing their best to raise their kid(s) - the social stigma is still there, much less an unmarried, probably underaged girl still in school. I won't be surprised if she's about 13 years old... sad undecided

bis7: i m thinking of the old way of giving birth and gave it up for couples or single looking for there own children but not free.. if they are able to sponsor me till i gave birth and they have the baby plus 700k given after that i am willingly to leave it but if i cant get anyone between a week from now i will get rid of it [i]so it wont affect my life now and also i dont have enough to take care of myself talkless of a child now.[/i]lopeobama@yahoo.com

I do have a question though. Does anyone know what she means by saying she's thinking of giving birth the 'old way'? What's that?

@OP: No one's judging you here, only just trying to understand the angle you're coming from. If you're reading this, it would be helpful if you could explain your intentions a bit clearer for the rest of us. I for one am still curious to know what you need that N700K for.
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
I never said what she was proposing was surrogacy. I don't understand why you assumed I had said that in the first place, I simply said surrogacy will reduce a lot of these occurances.
The only advise I gave her was she shouldn't sell the baby, she should go to social welfare.
My whole epistle on surrogacy is a general note I see these issues daily and people selling and buying babies won't stop or reduce till there is a legal, easier way to get babies for those who need them.
This lady just made hers public online, daily underground deals like these are done, sunday to sunday we hear pastors boasting of giving miracle babies, most of the babies recovered are some of the "miracle babies" pastors have claimed.
It is a very huge issue, I was lamenting, never did I mention that what she planned was in any way surrogacy, hence I asked you to read my post well.
My advise to her was to go to social welfare. As I do with anyone, counseling makes them see that their situation isn't as grave as it seems and from there they can look at options.
I don't know why you felt the need to respond to me.
I understand the anger but its beyond this one person, its a whole system which I am looking at wholistically, if this one doesn't, someone else will, so I am looking at how the general situation can be reduced not this one case.
I know too much about this to be "shocked" at one woman trying to sell her baby.
Who buys the thousands of babies produced in baby factories every year?

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
After all the "shock" "outrage" screaming then what?
People still go underground and sell and buy babies.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by EfemenaXY: 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
chaircover: I responded to you debrief because you used the word surrogacy and Ive highlighted the sentence where you have linked the poster with the word surrogacy. I'm saying it again, This is not surrogacy.

Surrogacy is where childless couples have a pre arranged agreement for a surrogate mother to carry and deliver a baby for them. In many cases they use the husbands spermm. There is nothing about surrogacy in this story and I just wondered why you mentioned it at all.

efe I dont know what she means by the old way. The only thing that crossed my mind was that maybe she is referring to the normal adoption process where money does not change hands.

errrmmmmm 700k is a lot of money in Nigeria.

And that's my understanding too.

Re: N700K... grin cheesy
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
Again I have explained why I used the word over 3 times.
I understand your being upset at the thought of buying and selling babies but it happens every day, I simply gave legal surrogacy as an option.
I didn't techincally call her surrogate.
I didn't say what she was doing was surrogacy.
I didn't advice that she sell her baby.
Your anger is misdirected, This is not a debrief issue but a general societal failure.
The only way this lady can legally give up her baby is through the social welfare system which I have always recommended. I don't force people to keep babies they don't want.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by baby124: 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Commercial surrogacy is the process in which an individual or couple pays a fee to a woman in exchange for her carrying and delivering a baby. At birth, the child is turned over to the individual or couple, either privately or through a legal adoption process. Couples with fertility problems, same-sex couples, and single people who wish to be parents are the most common types of people who seek surrogate mothers. Some celebrities, including Robert De Niro, Kelsey Grammer, and Sarah Jessica Parker, have used surrogates as recently as 2009.

Surrogate mothers may get pregnant through intercourse that may or may not involve the child’s parent.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-commercial-surrogacy.htm

I guess surrogacy is more broad now. What is important is that the future parents contract with the mother to have the child. Not necessarily involving an egg or spe*rm from the future parents. So, in a way, debrief is right.
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
Couples want children but they can't have.
IVF is expensive and has 30 percent success rate,
Adoption is limited and takes a long time.
People get pregnant with babies they don't want.
Contraceptives fail and they don't want an abortion.
Couples who want babies will go underground and buy babies.
Make the process legal so people who have babies they can't keep can give them legally to people who want them. Forcing a person because our personal belielf to keep the babies doesn't always work, there are ideal and realistic situations.
No system is perfect but in every situation weigh the pros and cons and find a middle ground.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
IVFs also go wrong, women have miscariages, women even die during pregnancy and childbirth, do we scrap the whole reproduction system?
Do you need me to post stories of these situations gone bad?
Let's leave emotions out, people who can't have babies should be able to find legal ways of getting babies if they want to.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by EfemenaXY: 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
chaircover: Surrogacy doesn't have much legal standing at least here in the UK and it is widely discouraged because it can very easily turn very messy. Its even illegal for money to change hands except money for expenses. The biological mother can decide to keep the baby and the law wont enforce any pre agreed contracts.

https://www.gov.uk/rights-for-surrogate-mothers

Mother’s rights

The woman who gives birth is always treated as the legal mother and has the right to keep the child - even if they’re not genetically related.

Surrogacy contracts aren’t enforced by UK law, even if a contract has been signed with the intended parents and they’ve paid for any expenses.

It’s illegal to pay a surrogate in the UK, except for their reasonable expenses.

CC, do you remember the story about two couples that underwent IVF for their fertility problems. A white couple and a black one. Somewhere along the line, there was a mix up and the black couple's child / embryo was implanted in the white woman's womb.

Fast forward to nine months later, low and behold, the white woman gave birth to a black child. I think, they even found out before the baby was born? Not sure. Anyway, it was a long, drawn out legal battle and the white couple, especially the woman, were desperate the keep the child that obviously wasn't theirs. They even made statements like:

"When the baby's older, we'll explain the issue about his hair and why it's different from ours..." to which the black couple (the child's father) responded that if their son is given back to them, to where he rightfully belongs, then there wouldn't be an "issue" about his hair or black features...

Eventually, the baby was given back to it's biological parents.

The point I'm trying to make here is that there are some exceptional cases, of which the above example is one, where the woman who gives birth is NOT always treated as the legal mother nor has the right to keep the child - even if they’re not genetically related.
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
Surrogate mothers may get pregnant through intercourse that may or may not involve the child’s parent. Other surrogacy contracts involve artificial insemination, either at a clinic or at home. In vitro fertilization, a method wherein eggs are fertilized with sperm outside the womb, and implanted in the mother later, is less common for surrogates due to the cost involved, but it is a possible method.

In the United States, many surrogate mothers are paid tens of thousands of dollars to carry a baby. The couple or individual paying the mother may also pay for her medical expenses and provide her with other, non-monetary compensation, like transportation and food. In India, the cost of a surrogate mother is far less, and international surrogacy can allow people who want a baby to avoid many of the legal restrictions common in North America and Europe.

Countries that have declared commercial surrogacy illegal usually cite ethical reasons for the decision. Some see paying for a surrogate mother as renting or buying the human body or a human life. Proponents of surrogacy arrangements maintain that the process is mutually beneficial, allowing the pregnant mother to earn money, while providing a child to people who may not otherwise be able to experience parenthood.

Madam, Commercial Surrogacy may or may not involve the parents, it could be before or even after pregnancy.
You are digging up sentimental stories to justify your discomfort with surrogacy, those are your own issues, couples who want a child will travel thousands of miles away to either adopt or use a surrogate, its not about you.
How you feel about it really doesn't matter to them.
There are so many issues with surrogacy as there are with so many other issues, but that is the reality of the times.
Let people do what works for them that is legal. That's all I am saying.
You cane screaming and blazing at her I didn't and it became an issue.

Anyway we agee to disagree as you said.
I haven't at anytime put my personal feelings in this issue, I have been rational and given the reality and facts as they are, except you want to drag my past and say maybe because I wanted a child and couldn't have one as I shared previously her I don't see where I have been emotional anywhere on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by EfemenaXY: 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
Debrief, just wondering:

What's the Nigerian perception towards surrogacy and adoption? I'm beginning to think most Nigerian would rather go down the surrogacy route than the adoption route?

I know at one time, people looked at adoption as something no sane human should consider. Is that perception still the same or are people a lot more open to it? And is this the same across the whole country? Or is one part of the country more likely to embrace adoption more than the other / rest of the country?
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
Efe, may be due to the cultural thing Nigerians may not want to come out and say they adopt but believe me they do and massively, there are more people on waiting lists than there are kids to adopt. I wrote extensively on that on the first page.
I am not with social welfare but I do some work with them and I keep abreast a lot of the issues there.

As par the illegal surrogacy currently going on, the boom in baby factories should answer your question.

Everyday we discover new ones and shut them down, tomorrow they have multiplied some where else and changed their mode of operation.
It is a huge market, we can scream and shout but till we identify a real, practical and legal solutions for people who need babies these underground factories will still continue.
We are just secretive but people adopt, and am sure when or if surrocacy is made legal people will accept it even though in secret.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Back and Forth on this again.

This is not the first time Debrief argued confidently bout this Surrogacy issue/procedure/Term. And honestly as healthcare personnel I once doubt my knowledge/ understanding bout what I knew bout Surrogacy, and that was the last time here before the argument was dropped for peace's sake.

So for the umpteenth time , Surrogacy is Pre-arranged birth - It has nothing to do with Adoption process. They are two different Process.

I knew this for sure ( undecided there goes my doubts again)... Them boku for fertility clinics here and like Dami said, foreigner surrogate cost way less.
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Debrief and Chaircover relax you two, I cannot afford to miss out on this kpekus all because of surrogacy. angry angry ahn ahn, won't somebody enjoy again?

@OP
Please keep the baby, Oga Kadry wants another child so who knows, you might be my saving grace tongue I cannot fit shout cool

@surrogacy

Surrogacy is pre-arranged, the couple/person look for someone who is willing to carry their child for them

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lol @ emotional, you have been screaming from your first response.
Jide, A pregnant mother can in some countries legally give out her baby to intending parents.
Before surrogacy was traditional and genetical, now it had come to include commercial surrogacy.
Its may bot be palatable but it is realistic.
There are baby factories all over Nigeria, people claim to be pregnant and show up with babies "born" in miracle centers.
That's all I am saying. That's all I have been saying.
The poster hasn't replied probably while we were debating she has brokered a deal.
I spoke to her calmly to gain her trust and get her to social welfare, we have totally derailed this topic, so there is no purpose here again unless to show our intellectual prowress.
I only commented so I would see if the poster would respond positively and where to direct her too.
This issue has turned to another thing and am guilty of derailing it, I apologise.
This is my last post.
Poster if you are still reading, selling babies is a crime, go to any social welfare department in any local government secretariate, there is a social worker who will listen and advice you appropirately.
I beg you to make wise choices.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should A Wife Submit Her Salary? / Husband doesn't want wife to work / What Do You Think Of These Educational Toys For Your Kids? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.