Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting (18167 Views)

Akpabio Sits Next To Amaechi At NGF Meeting / Amaechi May Cancel NGF Meeting In Deference To Jonathan / PDP Governors, Opposition Shun Jang’s NGF Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by rooftech: 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
The governors loyal to Mr. Amaechi met briefly.

The meeting of the Nigeria Governors Forum scheduled to hold at the Rivers State governor’s lodge was rescheduled on Wednesday evening as attendees agreed to attend a dinner with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Sources at the meeting say 15 governors were initially present for the meeting called by Rotimi Amaechi, the Chairman of the Forum. The attendees are believed to be governors loyal to Mr. Amaechi who defeated Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau by 19 votes to 16 last month to re-emerge as the forum’s chairman. Mr. Jang, alongside 15 other governors have since formed a parallel forum.

The attendees include the major supporters of Mr. Amaechi including governors of Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Imo, Borno, Kano, Jigawa, Adamawa, Zamfara, Osun, Edo, and Niger.

Though some members of the forum questioned the timing of the presidential dinner, saying it was a ploy by the presidency, who is believed to be against Mr. Amaechi, to undermine the meeting, all agreed there was need to honour the presidency by attending the dinner, a source said.

Just as the governors were getting ready to leave for the dinner, after their brief meeting, the governors of Oyo and Kwara arrived for the meeting and joined their colleagues to the villa.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the governors of Yobe (still expected to join later) and Kebbi (out of the country) were not at the meeting but had pledged their support to the Amaechi camp.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/139700-nigerian-governors-shorten-meeting-move-to-villa-to-dine-with-jonathan.html

1 Like

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by ozalogbo: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
wise & mature approach.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by CyberG: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
What is the retardeen going to say anyway? I am sure they can wait the entire evening to see if he will make any sense! Whether he does or not, they will still attend the NGF meeting and pursue their agenda. Or will retardeen fix another conflicting meeting the next day? LWTMB! The funny thing is they will be there, go through the motions but they know when it comes time to vote again or make their stand at their party convention, they will tell GEJ to take a hike as they vote for their candidate of choice! grin grin
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Mylove55(f): 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
Why 20,18 plus yobe and kebbi,i was expecting 25,some of them like delta,enugu and eboyi,wil not like to show,but pledge their support to amaechi,dey are in both camp 4 a reason
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by profola2be(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
It's so unfortunate that,two political big fish (Jonathan and Ameachi)from thesame geo-political zone are not in good terms!
Besides,what will Jonathan gain by bring his brothe Ameachi down?
I just want the two of them to reason that,there will be continuation of life and existence after their present political post,how will they relate with eachother then?

4 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by duality(m): 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
They had absolutely nothing important to discuss in the silly NGF meeting afterall. Just political grandstanding; and also to give CyberG and his likes things to rant about.

The governors are going to put aside their differences at the party and laugh at those who get their heads worked up for nothing.

8 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Alxmyr(m): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
This event that I am watching on TV could not have been planned within 3 days as some of Amaechi supporters wanted us to believe.

Amaechi is indeed a sinking man clutching to everything he can lay hold on and drag everyone into the mud with him.

His hypocrisy sinks and very alarming.

30 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Simulacrum(m): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
profola2be: It's so unfortunate that,two political big fish (Jonathan and Ameachi)from thesame geo-political zone are not in good terms!
I just want the two of them to reason that,there will be continuation of life and existence after their present political post,how will they relate with eachother then?
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Simulacrum(m): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
profola2be: It's so unfortunate that,two political big fish (Jonathan and Ameachi)from thesame geo-political zone are not in good terms!
What did he gain when he brought Timipriye Sylva down?
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Alxmyr(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
Simulacrum:
How did he felt when he brought Timipriye Sylva down?

Timi Sylva brought himself down.
Go to Bayelsa, no one speak good of him.
He is a junk.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by seunfly: 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
duality: They had absolutely nothing important to discuss in the silly NGF meeting afterall. Just political grandstanding; and also to give CyberG and his likes things to rant about.

The governors are going to put aside their differences at the party and laugh at those who get their heads worked up for nothing.
They have something important to talk about, infact the meeting was called to discuss d way forward about d revenue that was cut down from ministry of finance under d presidency. It is known fact that oga jona is d one who has nothing to say, he just call d dinner to cover up d shame of jang and i wonder when he will let this Ngf issue go and wait 4 Ameichi somewhere else, rather than ds Tom and Jerry thing they are doing on Ngf.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by solomon111(m): 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
seunfly:
They have something important to talk about, infact the meeting was called to discuss d way forward about d revenue that was cut down from ministry of finance under d presidency. It is known fact that oga jona is d one who has nothing to say, he just call d dinner to cover up d shame of jang and i wonder when he will let this Ngf issue go and wait 4 Ameichi somewhere else, rather than ds Tom and Jerry thing they are doing on Ngf.
So a meeting of head of states of various african countries was planned just to spite amaechi?

14 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Alxmyr(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
seunfly:

If you are anywhere near a TV that shows NTA or AIT, you will know that that event cannot be planned within 3 days as some of you wanted us to believe.

BTW 26 governors are in Aso Rock as we speak now. He can still hold his governors' forum.

10 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by omowolewa: 2:03am On Jun 27, 2013
I believe GEJ and Rotimi will reunite very soon, only if they can swallow their egos.
Maybe when GEJ realises that he is fighting an unnecessary war fuelled by mere speculation and assumptions.

Then they can still be best of friends -48 Laws of Power.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by EkoIle1: 2:18am On Jun 27, 2013
CyberG: What is the retardeen going to say anyway?

Obviously re float and bore everybody with his stolen cassava bread vision..

1 Like

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by SlyIg(f): 2:23am On Jun 27, 2013
We're still waiting to hear the outcome of Amaechi's first NGF meeting.
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by EkoIle1: 2:43am On Jun 27, 2013
SlyIg: We're still waiting to hear about Amaechi's first NGF meeting.

Reading must be very very challenging....

3 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by dayokanu(m): 2:47am On Jun 27, 2013
18 governors Hmm, How many attending the Jang meeting held twice?
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Mogidi: 4:35am On Jun 27, 2013
Eko Ile:
Reading must be very very challenging....

Bros can I see the link to Amaechi's first NGF meeting? I think the memo you got from Fashola's office is wrong. I can categorically tell you they made a fool of you. You're beginning to make me think your attention to reading and comprehension rival that of a goat.

The way you lie sometimes make me think your retarded brother (dayokanu) is more clever.

Talking of dayokanu, please tell that bonehead that my cosmic power allows me to reach down internet connection and I'd rip out his oesophagus if he insults me. Did you know you can help him increase his lexicon by buying him a book? That man knows two words only "retardeen and retardeen" ROFLMAO!!!

Anyway looking forward with anticipated hilarity to your response if you dare.

Goodluck to you even though your outlook seem bleak.

23 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by dayokanu(m): 5:25am On Jun 27, 2013
^^ I know say na attention you need just like Retardeen and I wouldnt honor you with one

So move over. Next..

12 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 27, 2013
I know that this post has nothing to do with Fashola, but I just luv that man.

Just wish he can be our president without the need of Buhari cry
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by ichommy(m): 6:29am On Jun 27, 2013
Film
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by babzics: 6:44am On Jun 27, 2013
What a smart and sensible move
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Smartluv(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2013
you are misinterpreting the whole issue,it is Amaechi that is trying to run GEJ down by trying to divide his state vote for GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by obamamate: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2013
the dinner could have been planned ahead of time
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by ewet: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2013
Tht was the right thng to do in respecting the office of the president who had invited them for a dinner. The Amaechi camp which is obviously the legitimate NGF has visibly depicted decorum and and maturity in handling the situation unlike the crass rascality and lack of decency on the part of the Jang.

1 Like

Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Beaf1: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2013
WASTED EFFORT!

This is not what the Reta.rdeen and his sympatisers wanted.
The socalled dinner was announced to stop the Amaechi's NGF meeting from holding but it didnt work.

What a Shame!
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Ngwakwe: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2013
15 Governors alone.

Where are others, the NGF is better dissolved than politicised since both parties lack the M number.
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by ewet: 10:14am On Jun 27, 2013
duality: They had absolutely nothing important to discuss in the silly NGF meeting afterall. Just political grandstanding; and also to give CyberG and his likes things to rant about.

And wht would thy have discussed at the presidential dinner. You are so out of order my friend as the dinner is even far more informal compared to the NGF which is a forum of all 36 govs of NIgeria and you foolishly want to diregard it with a wave of the hand.

Guy wke up, nah those guys dey run naija whether you like it or not and those tht will go a long way in deciding who will bcom your president come 2015.
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by ewet: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2013
Alxmyr: This event that I am watching on TV could not have been planned within 3 days as some of Amaechi supporters wanted us to believe.

Amaechi is indeed a sinking man clutching to everything he can lay hold on and drag everyone into the mud with him.

His hypocrisy sinks and very alarming.

So you are wiser than 19 state govs put together abi. Guy i thinkn its better to speak from an informed point of view thn crass ignorance tht you are displayng here.
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by ewet: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2013
Simulacrum:
What did he gain when he brought Timipriye Sylva down?

Sylva was a thif and a bloody thif at tht! You dont worry, tht is hw thy will all tear them selves apart so we can have progress in naija. Abeg whn yu go churc or mosque or your shrine which eva 1 u attnd,abeg ur prayer point shul be tht GOD shhuld thrw our enemies camp in dissarray as he did to the enemies of Isreal.
Re: 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting by Symphony007: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2013
I am really looking forward to ameachi's protest against federal interferance in rivers state on the streets of port harcourt. The stupid commisioner of police has ordered that no protest will happen in the state without his permission, anyone held without permission will be met with arrest.

So i am waiting for that day, waiting for the policeman that will flog the governour a baton, throw tear gas at him or lock him up in mile 1 police station.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Urge FG To Suspend New Tariff On Used Vehicles / Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu / Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.