Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! (1221 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! / MTN BBC Monthly BIS Now ₦1000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by Mcleo007(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
I think Etisalat Nigeria just shot themselves on the foot. Earlier today, i recieved a sms from them that i have used up the allocated BB10 data bundle allotted to me. The sms however ended by suggesting i subscribe to a data plan to keep enjoying the service. What ever that implies, leaves a lot to be desired. To be this, I was taken aback, I must confess; i am a heavy data user. Right after the sms, my BIS came to a halt. Email messages stopped, could not ping and browse.

After several failed attempts at reaching to a customer rep, i was made to understand i had crossed the said allotted bandwidth. According to the information, the development is quite recent and is not even enlisted on their website. The situation automatically implies that, every BIS package from the Etisalat network has been capped and is no longer unlimited as was the case. I however expressed my disappointment to the lady that attended to me, owning to the fact that, before such developments are staked and throwing at the customers, adequate awareness ought to be made. I find it offensive to live in the guise of silly changes of that nature. My loyalty and customership has just been jettisoned.

In all, it is quite easy to blame this change on the ample clamps the blackberry 10 series have with them, but the network providers are wrong to assume same platforms over all blackberry devices. For Etisalat, i believe they will lose a handful of loyal subscribers that were drawn to them all because they provided unlimited blackberry service in the true sense of the word.
Re: Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by tushinebaba: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
switch over to mtn then. Unlimited BIS is still guaranteed there!
Re: Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by naijazown(m): 4:34am On Jun 27, 2013
tushinebaba: switch over to mtn then. Unlimited BIS is still guaranteed there!

Not even on MTN, I got almost same message from MTN with my previous subscription, a week to expiration. MTN didn't even bother sending an SMS, and after several attempts at getting connected to a customer service agent, I got lucky and an agent simply told me I've exceeded my FAIR USAGE.

I was given an option of either purchasing a mobile internet bundle to browse with, or hold on till my subscription expires in a week.

Naija!
Re: Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by Danniey: 5:09am On Jun 27, 2013
tushinebaba: switch over to mtn then. Unlimited BIS is still guaranteed there!

Dat a bad advice, we all know mtn has the worst network amongst all. I'Thu, Jun 27, 2013 suggest airtel or glo.
Re: Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by Danniey: 5:26am On Jun 27, 2013
Well, my last subsciption on etisalat ended 1 day to the set day. I haven't taken this serious until your complain. I will follow up this current subsciption, if it happens that the they cut it off before the expiration date. I will need to seek another network provider. May be go back to airtel or glo but never mtn. I have to say, most networks in nigeria soul aim Is to make profit.
Re: Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by 9iceboi(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2013
@ op I got the same message from etisalat ystday nd everything stoped working but to my greatest suprise d thing started going dis mawnin
Re: Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by Mcleo007(m): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
9iceboi: @ op I got the same message from etisalat ystday nd everything stoped working but to my greatest suprise d thing started going dis mawnin

Really? You must be very lucky.

And, are sure its not your airtime that is paying for the luck? Be sure
Re: Etisalat BIS Now Capped. Confirmed! by 9iceboi(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mcleo007:

Really? You must be very lucky.

And, are sure its not your airtime that is paying for the luck? Be sure
. I have 0.00 naira.

(1) (Reply)

What Was The First Mobile Phone You Used? / Want To Increase My Ram / Promo! Promo !!!! Free Mtn 500mb Up For Grabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.