Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll (8158 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Elections May Not Hold In North East –jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by nitlad: 2:58am On Jun 27, 2013
[size=18pt]2015 Elections May End Up Like NGF Poll – Amaechi[/size]

Rivers State Governor  Rotimi Amaechi on Wednesday lamented the  crisis rocking the Nigeria Governors’ Forum and then threw a bombshell: 2015 elections  may end up like that of the NGF.

“Let me put it on record that the way things are going,  2015 elections will end in this manner where people will win democratic elections and those in power will not accept the results,” he said at a stakeholders’ symposium on the  review of the 1999 Constitution   in Abuja.

Amaechi, who won the May 24 NGF election in Abuja, wondered why some people  would be backing Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State, who contested  against him and lost.

Amaechi described Jang and  his supporters as non-democrats and accused the Nigeria Bar Association of losing its  voice by failing to condemn the actions taken by Jang and his supporters after the NGF poll.

President Goodluck Jonathan is the major supporter of the Jang faction of the NGF  and Amaechi’s outburst appeared to  the audience to  be mostly  directed at him (the President).

Amaechi, who said he  had  been trying to avoid the microphone because  of too many problems in the country, told the gathering that since he had been made to mount the rostrum, he  was ready to make “headlines.”

First,  he blasted the NBA,  then Jang and the “government that supports him”.  Amaechi  described himself as the authentic NGF  chairman, saying that what  Jang was leading was  a faction of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum.

The  governor said, “The NBA cannot afford to lose its voice, but you have lost your voice. For the NBA to see a free and fair election, where 35 governors who govern 35 states in the nation, who make decisions for hundreds of millions of Nigerians, for NBA to say that ‘if they can’t organise themselves dissolve,’ you have lost your voice.

“I say it and I want to be put on record that anybody who supports the Jang group is undemocratic.

“Before that  the NGF election, we chose who will be the returning officer , we appointed our director-general to be the returning officer   and we voted.

“Everybody voted. Everybody, including Jang. Jang was even among the first persons to vote.

“When I won my brother from Akwa Ibom State(Godswill Akpabio) stood up and said, ‘there’s a document I have where 19 governors have signed for us.’

“And Jang says the Northern  States Governors’ Forum  supported him. Which Northern governors? They should have voted for him. He also  said the PDP governors supported him before the election, then the PDP governors should have voted for him.

“What you have that Jang is leading is another faction of the PDP Governors’ Forum, not the NGF.

“Anybody, whether NBA or government that supports Jang’s faction is undemocratic.”

He urged Nigerians and the judiciary  to rise up and defend their rights.

Amaechi  said, “My Lords,  you must defend  our democracy  and  Nigeria. We don’t have any other country anywhere else, the only country we have is this.

“We must be prepared as a people to defend our rights; we must be prepared as a people to hold government accountable. We must be prepared as a people to demand accountability.”

Amaechi urged Nigerians to resist a situation “where non-government officers that have no public function can order the Inspector-General of Police  to change commissioners of police.”

The governor, who  stated  that it was not proper for the President to appoint commissioners of police, said there was the  need for state police to be included  in the ongoing constitution review.

Apparently referring to his problems with the Commissioner of Police in Rivers State, Amaechi said, “You were talking about state prisons and state police. We don’t have state prisons; we don’t have state police.

“A situation where governors are left helpless and hopeless because somebody here in Abuja determines who becomes my commissioner of police, and tells him what to do, and he makes the city uncomfortable and ungovernable, is not the kind of constitution that I will want to support.”

Although Amaechi’s  insistence on being the authentic NGF chairman was corroborated by Niger State Governor and Chairman of the N S G F ,  Babangida Aliyu,on Wednesday,  Jang dismissed the Rivers State  governor’s claim that he (Jang) was  leading a faction of the PDP Governors’ Forum.

Jang, who spoke through the Sole Administrator of his NGF faction secretariat, Mr. Osaro Onaiwu, wondered  if Amaechi was leading the opposition governors forum.

Onaiwu  said, “The governors of Ondo and Anambra States, Dr. Olusegun Mimimo and Mr. Peter Obi respectively, are they members of the PDP?

“These governors are members of the  Labour Party and  the All Progressives Grand Alliance, yet Amaechi is saying we are leading a faction of the PDP Governors’ Forum.

“Is he not a member of the PDP himself? The Governor of Kano State, Dr. Rabiu Kwakwanso  nominated Jang for the position. Is he not a member of the PDP as well?

“The Governor of Akwa Ibom State is the chairman of the PDPGF.  If Jang is leading a faction of the PDPGF, which faction is Amaechi leading? The opposition governors’ forum?”

But Aliyu said at   the turbaning  of his Deputy,  Ahmed Ibeto, as the  Wali Raya Kasar Nupe and the PDP Chairman in the state,  Abduraman Enagi, as Sardauna Ayuka Nupe by the Estu Nupe Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, that Amaechi won the NGF election.

Aliyu, who also gave insight into what happened during   the  NSGF meeting  ahead of  the NGF poll,  maintained  that no Northern governor betrayed anybody.

He said, “Many people have been asking why governors could not unite   to elect a leader. But my answer is that we were united and  we elected a chairman. If anybody recognises another person as a chairman, the onus is on us to  solve our problem. We must recognise Governor Amaechi as NGF chairman”.

“Governor  Jang  emerged as a candidate from the north after the NSGF discovered that there was an issue between Bauchi State Governor Isa Yuguda and the Kastina State Governor Ibrahim Shema.”

He said the NSGF intervened and agreed that Jang should contest.I  told them that we must go and insist on consensus but in a situation where election took  place,  the conscience  of the people prevailed”.

Aliyu added, “Thirty-five governors voted. Nineteen voted  for one candidate   and 16 for a particular candidate.  Those who go around destroying reputation should just bury  their hatchets.”

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by CyberG: 3:13am On Jun 27, 2013
Very true and probable! In fact, it might start at the PDP primaries when the retardeenic GEJ loses the nomination! He will produce a document signed since 2010 by a phoney number of delegates! LOL...

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Nobody: 3:14am On Jun 27, 2013
Food for thought
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by bloggernaija: 3:21am On Jun 27, 2013
AMAECHI KNOWS HOW TO WIND GEJ UP. HE IS REALLY GETTING INTO HIS HEAD.PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE AND MIND GAMES .I AM VERY SURE THE PRESIDENCY WILL REACT CHILDISHLY AS USUAL.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by chei: 3:40am On Jun 27, 2013
Look who's talking about democracy? Someone who didn't contest an election but was made governor.
Amaechi you should be controlling traffic in Elekahia, that's what you know how to do best.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by dayokanu(m): 4:06am On Jun 27, 2013
Excellent analysis.

Amaechi has shown to have more sense than the bunch of retardds in the Jang faction

There was an election 19 voted Amaechi, 16 voted Jang

So do we need an oracle to tell us who won?

Thats the Retardeen Jonathan brand of democracy where elections dont determine winners,
where 16 wins over 19,
Where some paper signed is what determines winners

2015 we await

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 27, 2013
By 2015, he may be in Kuje prison. Let him continue ranting. ACN/CPC Governors forum chairman.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by dayokanu(m): 5:33am On Jun 27, 2013
Okoro2015: By 2015, he may be in Kuje prison. Let him continue ranting. ACN/CPC Governors forum chairman.

There are 6 ACN governors, 1 CPC governor

So how did those 7 turn into 19 votes for Amachi

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by donchris999: 5:39am On Jun 27, 2013
Why is this man calling everyone and all associations to lend their voice to his plight. This was how timpire sylva was shouting up and down why Gej kept queit. Amaechi is now ranting and making headlines why Gej is queit as usual. Anyway, we are still watching.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Tintinix: 5:54am On Jun 27, 2013
.. True Rivers man! What others will see and strategise on how to acheive their agenda.. We go just dey spew all our intestines out for accolades!
Please oh let it work for you this time oh else it will be same o same o! ..and others will not learn!
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by ichommy(m): 6:28am On Jun 27, 2013
Tintinix: .. True Rivers man! What others will see and strategise on how to acheive their agenda.. We go just dey spew all our intestines out for accolades!
Please oh let it work for you this time oh else it will be same o same o! ..and others will not learn!
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Rhino5dm: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2013
Please GOD let me have 20% of Amaechi's guts. Kai!! See liver way pass Lever Brothers shocked shocked shocked

Nna mehn!!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by KwoiZabo(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2013
Amaechi better shut up there. Who told you that this election is a reflection of the perception of Nigerians. You must be a dreamer. You can always go round and deceive 19 govs. Including all ACN stooges to help you fight GEJ and polish your Ego but you can't deceive 160 million Nigerians who feel the dividend of GEJ's govt. And knows that the president is not proud , corrupt or power hungry like most of you in the NGF.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by KwoiZabo(m): 7:08am On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu: Excellent analysis.

Amaechi has shown to have more sense than the bunch of retardds in the Jang faction

There was an election 19 voted Amaechi, 16 voted Jang

So do we need an oracle to tell us who won?

Thats the Retardeen Jonathan brand of democracy where elections dont determine winners,
where 16 wins over 19,
Where some paper signed is what determines winners

2015 we await
Every body knows that GEJ is a true domocrat judging by all the elections that he has mid-wived from federal to states and non of these elections have been reversed by the courts but we all know what tinubu/fashola did to Lagos LG elections and so far 2 have been reversed,I don't want to talk about how Amaechi used the military to rig in rivers. The grand ploy by the presidency is to destroy the NGF and it is succeeding so that NGF will not be a thorn in his flesh. Its politics wink

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:28am On Jun 27, 2013
My 11yrs old kid bro knws dt. Of course it will.
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by ccwizard: 7:33am On Jun 27, 2013
Foolish Governor. What has NGF election got to so with the plight of Rivers people and Nigeria? How has the CP in Rivers state hindered development? Did he stop ameachi from delivering the dividends of democracy to Rivers people? Please enough of dis NGF rubbish. It's a just an association and it's of no benefit to Nigerians. Why did he not call for help for the NBA, Judiciary and other organizations when Nigerians rejected subsidy?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:35am On Jun 27, 2013
KwoiZabo: Every body knows that GEJ is a true domocrat judging by all the elections that he has mid-wived from federal to states and non of these elections have been reversed by the courts but we all know what tinubu/fashola did to Lagos LG elections and so far 2 have been reversed,I don,t want to talk about how Amaechi used the military to rig in rivers. The grand ploy by the presidency is to destroy the NGF and it is succeeding so that NGF will not be a thorn in his flesh. Its politics wink
answer all questions. Each question carry equal marks.

1. define 'a thorn in the flesh' in relation to a new presidential sanctioned NGF?

2. Kindly relate ur answer in question 1 above to ur statement of GEJ being a true democrat. Not forgetting to mention in your answer, amaechi, jang, patience jonathan and her statements in PH.

U av jes 10min.

Good luck by examiner.
KINGwax™

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 27, 2013
With the way una dey do, it's so obvious that alla ya re riggers and thieves and crooks and corrupt and selfish and power drunk and stvpid and thuggish and touts and gbo gboe.
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Garrithe1st: 7:58am On Jun 27, 2013
Amaechi spoke the truth. GEJ and his gang must win 2015 or split the country like they did the NGF. Your votes will not count in 2015.

cool
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by homesteady(m): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2013
This issue is becoming to much!! How will a governor and president from the same party and region not be on good terms?? Isn't there something like the South-south elders forum that will help bring peace among the both of them?? Because this matter is getting out of hand!! And I can foresee a bad ending for amaechi!
You guys should stop supporting one camp or the other!! Instead you people should be thinking of how they reconcile for the betterment of both camps!!
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by homesteady(m): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2013
Garri the 1st: Amaechi spoke the truth. GEJ and his gang must win 2015 or split the country like they did the NGF. Your votes will not count in 2015.

cool

All your comments always shows of your grand stupidity!! What did I expect?? When your brain is made of garri!!
When PDP lost in some states, did they split the states?? Are the states not still standing?? Does PDP always disturb and insult them like how A.CN disturbs PDP!!
We all know what happened during kogi state LGA electioni!! When ACN lost, they tried causing a mayhem in the state!!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by abokinside: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2013
I remember when Ribadu was been hounded by Andoaka the rogue attorney general installed by Ibori to do his dirty job. I remember some misguided Nigerians laughing at Ribadu singing all sort of songs "dat serves him right " " he is rude how can he arrest and jail his boss" blah blah blah. Today same Ribadu is back from exil has even contested for president, chaired important committes and enjoying his life but Andoaka has been derobed meaning he can no longer practice law, he is living the rest of his miserable life in his gboko village. Lesson to learn here is the fact that the tide will always turn pls learn to stand andd be counted on the side of truth. I dont fancy ameachi but I love democracy more than Gej's re election 19 and 16 are very distint numbers Ameachi is the chairman of Ngf Gej should accept that and move on, perhaps he should come up with another strategy of controlling the govs but not by desecrating democracy. Times come and go, pls pipu lets learn to speak and stand by the truth atall times. All those attacking amaechi now but what if the tide turns. Ameachi has no fault in this case , just imagine NNortherners attacking gov yuguda and shema fir supporting gej and calling them traitors. Pls Gej cannot become prwsident without the support of the north and south west, Gej apilogist stop acting like kids abusing everybody that is not Ijaw it might be counter productive. Pls be guided wisely.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by sylve11: 9:33am On Jun 27, 2013
Thank God he said 'may'. cool
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by SamConquer(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2013
chei: Look who's talking about democracy? Someone who didn't contest an election but was made governor.
Amaechi you should be controlling traffic in Elekahia, that's what you know how to do best.
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by SamConquer(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2013
chei: Look who's talking about democracy? Someone who didn't contest an election but was made governor.
What Is This One Saying?Victim Of ''Palm-Wine Joint Discussions''

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Ngwakwe: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2013
I hate it when people arrogate intelligence to themselves and call bluff the logical view of an argument/debate.

NGF is a social (not political) organisation and should be treated as such. No amount of Court Order will force the opposing party to fall under the declaration of the other.

The governor said, “The NBA cannot afford to lose its voice, but you have lost your voice. For the NBA to see a
free and fair election, where 35
governors who govern 35 states in the
nation, who make decisions for
hundreds of millions of Nigerians, for
NBA to say that ‘if they can’t organise
themselves dissolve,’ you have lost
your voice.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by omiobo: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2013
Na wa o! Wetin Amaechi do you? Gej should know that Amaechi has equal right to contest in 2015 election. Honestly,this kind of situation can't help Gej,it will ruin his ambition. He should have chosen settlement not violence.
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2013
All these signs do not bode well for 2015 anyways. I was hoping it was going to be a clean fight.
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2013
It's obvious! Jonadoom is a scam!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Ajasnoop: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2013
KwoiZabo: Amaechi better shut up there. Who told you that this election is a reflection of the perception of Nigerians. You must be a dreamer. You can always go round and deceive 19 govs. Including all ACN stooges to help you fight GEJ and polish your Ego but you can't deceive 160 million Nigerians who feel the dividend of GEJ's govt. And knows that the president is not proud , corrupt or power hungry like most of you in the NGF.

So receiving a laptop with broadband connection is now a dividend of GEJ's govt

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by Ngwakwe: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2013
Thanks to GEJ, the most democratic leader Nigeria has ever known.

abokinside: I remember when Ribadu was been hounded by Andoaka the rogue attorney general installed by Ibori to do his dirty job.

Today same Ribadu is back from exil has even contested for president, chaired important committes and enjoying his life. Pls be guided wisely.
Re: Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2013
First Bullet:
I don't know why some of our leaders just keep wearing shameful cloths.
Amaechi has 19 votes, Jang has 16. Is 16 now greater than 19? What's wrong with PDP? Is this a party that want to bring in a president in 2015? Nigerians are now like over 160million buckets that our leaders kick about. Yet, some people are criticizing Amaechi for been rude to GEJ. Even if he's rude to GEJ, did he get 19 votes @ the NGF Election or not.
Amaechi said NBA has been mute over the issue. Over to the NBA make we hear their mouth.
Second Bullet:
KwoiZabo: Amaechi better shut up there. Who told you that this election is a reflection of the perception of Nigerians. You must be a dreamer. You can always go round and deceive 19 govs. Including all ACN stooges to help you fight GEJ and polish your Ego but you can't deceive 160 million Nigerians who feel the dividend of GEJ's govt. And knows that the president is not proud , corrupt or power hungry like most of you in the NGF.
at the bolded, I d say you are either a GEJ tool or just an ignorant dude.
Last Bullet:
I m not a supporter/member of any political party.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Achievement Of Akwa Ibom State Under Gov. Udom Emmanuel Photos / LASG Empowers 1,100 Vulnerable Women, Residents With Working Tools / We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.