Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn (7462 Views)

1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg (2) (3) (4)

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by rodeo0070(m): 6:07am On Jun 27, 2013
The reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway will cost the Federal Government N160.7bn.

This figure was disclosed to our correspondent by the Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, in an exclusive interview in Abuja on Tuesday.

Okupe said the road would consist of three lanes on either side from Lagos up to the Sagamu interchange, and two lanes from there up to Ibadan.

He also said that there would be a flyover and inter-change at the Redemption Camp of the Redeemed Christian Church of God to solve the traffic gridlock on that portion of the road.

Okupe said, “The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was awarded on Monday at a total cost of N160.7bn.

“The multi-lane road project, which will be handled by Julius Berger Construction Company and the RCC, will consist of three lanes on either side up to Sagamu junction, and two lanes up to Ibadan as well as a flyover and inter-change at the Redemption Camp to solve the perennial traffic gridlock on that portion of the road.”

He promised that the Federal Government would pay attention to the road, which he described as major.

Okupe also said the contractors had started mobilising to the site, adding that the government was determined to solve the crises on the road once and for all.

“Government is serious on infrastructure. You can see that major roads like the Kano-Maiduguri, Benin-Ore, Abuja-Lokoja, Owerri-Onitsha, Katsina-Daura and East-West roads and many others are being rehabilitated or reconstructed. The second Niger Bridge has been given out on concession and work is in steady progress,” the presidential aid said.

It will be recalled that the Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, told journalists on Monday that the contract for the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway had been awarded to Julius Berger and RCC.

He, however, did not disclose the cost of the project.

Like the minister, Okupe also did not disclose the duration of the project.

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/lagos-ibadan-expressway-reconstruction-to-cost-n160-7bn/
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by guy1234: 7:56am On Jun 27, 2013
Shebi dem talk say na10 lane the road go be. The 2 lanes from sagam to ibadan leaves the road in its present design state. So why wasting so much to add one lane from sagam to lagos,and do patch work from sagam to Ibadan. Where is the sense in that. In 5 years we would have the same problem of today because that lagos-ibadan axis is rapidly developing in both residential and industrial projects.

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by miteolu(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2013
another chop chop avenue

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by miteolu(m): 9:40am On Jun 27, 2013
guy1234: Shebi dem talk say na10 lane the road go be. The 2 lanes from sagam to ibadan leaves the road in its present design state. So why wasting so much to add one lane from sagam to lagos,and do patch work from sagam to Ibadan. Where is the sense in that. In 5 years we would have the same problem of today because that lagos-ibadan axis is rapidly developing in both residential and industrial projects.

3 on both sides to Sagamu = 6
2 on both sides to Ibadan = 4
Total = 10

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Segadem(m): 9:40am On Jun 27, 2013
Ha ha! kilode,the money is too much.When It was awarded for Bi-Courtney (sometimes 4 years ago during Yar-Adu'a regime) it was N89 billion with 10 lanes,How come 6 lanes will now cost N160 billion?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by tripleaa: 9:41am On Jun 27, 2013
guy1234: Shebi dem talk say na10 lane the road go be. The 2 lanes from sagam to ibadan leaves the road in its present design state. So why wasting so much to add one lane from sagam to lagos,and do patch work from sagam to Ibadan. Where is the sense in that. In 5 years we would have the same problem of today because that lagos-ibadan axis is rapidly developing in both residential.and industrial projects.
The road is left undone-complain. The road is about to be constructed-complain. How can some of you folks be pleased? Smh

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 27, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so far dey do dd road jor.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by ConcernMan: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2013
I do hope that with this great tremendous gesture, the South West will for once appreciate this man (GEJ) who truly has their interest at heart and stopping listening to Liar Mohammed, whose sole aim in life is to demonize the President without letting us know how he would have done it better
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 27, 2013
3 Lanes from Lagos to sagamu, 2 lanes from sagamu to ibadan. . . So there's no sensible improvement then.

Its contracts like these that has made Nigerian roads underdeveloped & most of them were constructed by Julius berger whose only interest in Nigeria is its money & not its development.

Final Point: I would rather the contract was awarded to CCECC. A 5 lane road on either side would have been an 'eternal solution'. Sometimes i wonder if we have a thinking government!

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by gen2briz(m): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2013
Abeg make federal govt do am jeje Oooo.

haha that money dey to much
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by ConcernMan: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

Total = 10

If I was given the opportunity, I would have hit the "like" button a thousand times
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by sigba(f): 9:47am On Jun 27, 2013
guy1234: Shebi dem talk say na10 lane the road go be. The 2 lanes from sagam to ibadan leaves the road in its present design state. So why wasting so much to add one lane from sagam to lagos,and do patch work from sagam to Ibadan. Where is the sense in that. In 5 years we would have the same problem of today because that lagos-ibadan axis is rapidly developing in both residential and industrial projects.
What do you suggest?
@topic; this is good news, i trust JB, they are quick to deliver and their jobs are perfect. They transformed AkwaIbom state.
Nice one Mr President. Icommend your effort.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by IGBOSON1: 9:50am On Jun 27, 2013
This was posted since 6am, but there seems to be little or no excitement from the South West people on this positive development; but when Lagos State gov't recently announced that a number of roads will be built in the state, it was 'oni baje' galore!.......funny innit? undecided

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Marpol: 9:50am On Jun 27, 2013

Myopic thinking by government in power I guess.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

Total = 10

What sort of nonsense calculation is that

Are you guys being sponsored by the FG or what?

Na wa ooo

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 27, 2013
3 lanes on either side of the busiest express-road in Nigeria In Yuzedo's voice, we givvvv up. undecided

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 27, 2013
IGBO-SON:
This was posted since 6am, but there seems to be little or no excitement from the South West people on this positive development; but when Lagos State gov't recently announced that a number of roads will be built in the state, it was 'oni baje' galore!.......funny innit? undecided

Let's say GEJ added 1 more tribal mark to the 2 that you already have on your face and then smoothens it for you down to your chin, would you be thrilled about that

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by RedLight1: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

Total = 10
you didn't get the point the guy was trying to make .. it is four lanes from ibadan to lagos already, government wants to add another 2 lanes from lagos to shagamu, which makes it six lanes and the remaining four will only be reconstructed which doesn't make any difference if you ask me.

well half bread is better than non. atleast, they will fix all the pot holes on that road

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2013
Just get the construction kicking.. Would love to try 200km/Hr on it
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by yemmight(m): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2013
I am sure if such a project is awarded with that figure in Lagos, some people here ready to attack BRF and Tinubu. From the record that I know, this road has been awarded to over 5 construction companies since OBJ's tenure without any success. Sooner or later some of you will know who meant well for this nation

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Eneze1(f): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2013
good move
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

Total = 10

Mathematics just got redefined.

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by visalo: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2013
jassie: 3 Lanes from Lagos to sagamu, 2 lanes from sagamu to ibadan. . . So there's no sensible improvement then.

Its contracts like these that has made Nigerian roads underdeveloped & most of them were constructed by Julius berger whose only interest in Nigeria is its money & not its development.

Final Point: I would rather the contract was awarded to CCECC. A 5 lane road on either side would have been an 'eternal solution'. Sometimes i wonder if we have a thinking government!

Learn how to appreciate good effort and stop blind criticizing
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by sheymoni(m): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2013
The road is already 3 lane from lagos to somewhere very close to sagamu interchange. I don't knw why they deviate from the
original plan of 5 lane each. This is a waste of money in my opinion & to award suich a very important road to RCC is beyond me. RCC constructed ibadan-ife road & the road is not motorable compare to the ife-ibadan that has been there for years.It shows the Government don't care about us
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by rozayx5(m): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2013
GEJ + 1
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by yinchar(m): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

Total = 10
Did you think Okupe is so daft to indicate that it's 3 additional lanes to sagamu?....what Okupe is simply saying is that....1 extra lane will be added from lagos to sagamu...and the existing 2 lane from sagamu to Ibadan will be repaired. I passed through the road axis yesterday, the only work I can see is the plan to add 1 more lane to existing 2 lanes making 3 lanes to sagamu. There is nothing different in this contract from the typical contract awarded by the retardeen led government...just a way of looting the treasury further.

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2013
Red-Light:
you didn't get the point the guy was trying to make .. it is four lanes from ibadan to lagos already. government wants to add another 2 lanes from lagos to shagamu, which makes it six lanes and the remaining four will only be reconstructed which doesn't make any difference if you ask me.

well half bread is better than non. atleast, they will fix all the pot holes on that road

So a total of 6 lanes on both sides (thats 3x3) on the busiest express road in Nigeria is worth popping champagne for?
Half bread is half bread. . . Its full bread or nothing!!!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2013
Lagos-Ibadan expressway is the busiest in this country. That road deserves to be AT LEAST TEN LANES, FIVE ON EACH SIDE.

Forgive me for being pessimistic, but I don't see how this eases the gridlock on that road, especially on nights when religious programmes are held by religious bodies.

The only other option (to ease traffic on the road) would be to construct a coastal road linking Lagos to Calabar, but I'm not sure this government can pull it off.

Anyway...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Thekeeper(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Originalsly: 10:14am On Jun 27, 2013
Hmmm...six lane expressway...great planning for the future?.....or the past?

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 27, 2013
visalo:

Learn how to appreciate good effort and stop blind criticizing

No, he has a valid point. A six-lane road is too narrow to accomodate the volume of traffic that passes through that road. We need at least TEN lanes.

Ambode Of APC Wins Governorship Race --- Sahara Reporters / 4,500 APC, GPN Members Defect To NNPP In Bauchi / Dave Umahi Approves N29 Million To Assist Benue And Taraba IDP