Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President (32651 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Korede Bello Makes Mistake While Greeting President Buhari / Military Stops Amaechi From Inspecting Polling Units In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by emekatimsu(m): 6:58am On Jun 27, 2013
There was mild drama on Wednesday night at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, venue of the Presidential dinner organised by President Goodluck Jonathan, news website, The Eagle Online, is reporting. A presidential bodyguard stopped embattled Rivers state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, from getting close
to President Jonathan to pay homage.

Mr. Amaechi, who is the chairman of the Nigeria
Governors’ Forum (NGF), and his loyalists arrived the venue when the event was already in progress. They came in from the Rivers Governor’s lodge where they met earlier for about 15 minutes and then adjourned to honour the President’s invitation. On his entourage were Governors Kayode Fayemi
(Ekiti); Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun); Adams Oshiomole (Edo); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Rabiu Kwankwanso (Kano); Abdulazeez Kyari-(Zamfara); Muritala Nyako (Adamawa) and Magartakada Wamakko (Sokoto). Governor Amaechi, after settling down, got up and made his way towards where President Goodluck Jonathan was seated in company of Presidents Joyce Banda of Malawi and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia, apparently to pay homage. However, a presidential bodyguard blocked the governor from meeting the President. The
Governor resisted for a while but had to return to his seat when it was glaring the bodyguard won’t allow him. Also, Governor Amaechi, who was seated in company of the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Godswil Amaechi, was not recognised at the event while Mr. Akpabio was introduced as chairman of the PDP Governors Forum. The paper also reported an altercation between Amaechi and Akpabio. The duo reportedly accused each other of being undemocratic. “You are not democratic”, Mr. Amaechi told Akpabio and the latter insatantly fired back, “You too, you are not democratic”. Few minutes after that, Governors Amaechi, Fayemi and Oshiomole left the venue. On his way out, Governor Amaechi fielded questions from journalists. The following conversation ensued between him and State House correspondents. Is your presence here with other governors an indication that the problem in NGF has been resolved? Amaechi: Was NGF sick? I don’t know about factions. We are holding NGF meeting and we agreed that those of us who were there should honour the President and attend the dinner, we have attended, you saw all of them, some have left
and I am leaving too Did you tell Governor Jang there is meeting now? Amaechi: He was invited. What is my business if he is not there? 16 to 19. Are you not a Nigerian? 16 governors voted for him, 19 governors voted for me. If he does not accept the 19, he is undemocratic. Anybody who supports him, including television houses, are also undemocratic. I have said it in a statement that if at any point in time we cannot uphold what 19 governors said, then we should be afraid of 2015. If the PDP is suspending me for that reason, too bad. We must learn to be democratic. I am not aware that the party has given any reason for suspending me, if that is the reason, too bad. The party is yet to give any reason for my suspension. I am not aware
that the party suspended me for winning an election.

What is the way forward? Amaechi: That is the question to ask Jang and those who are supporting him. Those with me are in majority.

www.Premiumtimesng.com/news/139709-Jonathans-bodyguard-blocks-amaechi-from-greeting-president-html

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 27, 2013
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupt absolutely !!!

Hmmm, Drama Indeed !!! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2013
Governor resisted for a while but had to
return to his seat when it was glaring the
bodyguard won’t allow him.

REASON(S)

1. Greeko-roman logical view:

--- It was a bid to humiliate Amaechi

--- To prevent him from harming GEJ in anyway.

--- The bodyguard adhered to duty protocol.

2. Judaic (Spiritual) logic view:

--- To prevent Amaechi from carrying out his ill planned spiritual attack on GEJ.

DISCLAIMER:

All the above are mere assumptions.

Also, Governor
Amaechi, who was seated in company of the
chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum,
Godswil Amaechi, was not recognised at the
event while Mr. Akpabio was introduced as
chairman of the PDP Governors Forum. The
paper also reported an altercation between
Amaechi and Akpabio. The duo reportedly
accused each other of being undemocratic.
“You are not democratic”, Mr. Amaechi told
Akpabio and the latter insatantly fired back,
“You too, you are not democratic”. Few
minutes after that, Governors Amaechi,
Fayemi and Oshiomole left the venue. On his
way out, Governor Amaechi fielded questions
from journalists.

I watched the program live and I heard when the MC mentioned all the governors and their representatives (deputies) present at the occasion and Amaechi's name inclusive. So, where was the writer of this story when the recognition sh*t took place.
Abi na special recognition una dey talk?

Kitchen journalism I guess.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by takedat(m): 7:32am On Jun 27, 2013
The bodyguard adhered to the security and protocol regulations. The fact that the president arrived before him, and was already seated with other guests(presidents of two other countries) and not forgetting that the security details of the two visiting presidents would also be at alert as well. To allow him breach protocol, even if his intention was to greet the president as a form of courtesy derides the "presidency".

42 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 27, 2013
Amaechi should quit wasting his time and join APC.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by takedat(m): 7:42am On Jun 27, 2013
^ Why should he join APC? When did it become a crime to associate with governors from the opposition?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: The bodyguard adhered to the security and protocol regulations. The fact that the president arrived before him, and was already seated with other guests(presidents of two other countries). Allowing him to breach protocol, even if his intention was to greet the president as a form of courtesy derides the "presidency".
KEEP QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: The bodyguard adhered to the security and protocol regulations. The fact that the president arrived before him, and was already seated with other guests(presidents of two other countries). Allowing him to breach protocol, even if his intention was to greet the president as a form of courtesy derides the "presidency".

What if it was Jang that went to greet Jonathan,would that bodyguard had prevented him from greeting Jonathan ? I hate the hypocrisy displayed on this forum by jonathan's bootlickers who desperately want to justify the undemocratic tencencies of Jonathan.

Amaechi should just ignore these kleptomaniacs,Nigerians know how desperately Jonathan wanted 2015 and would stop at nothing at eliminating all obstacles on his path.Later on,these same rettards will call Buhari a dictator.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by dridowu: 7:55am On Jun 27, 2013
Anoda dimension to d mata, loving ds gej vs amaechi saga. Anyway na amaechi me go supot

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by takedat(m): 8:07am On Jun 27, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: KEEP QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just because my comment does not align with your thinking! You need help!

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by ckkris: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What if it was Jang that went to greet Jonathan,would that bodyguard had prevented him from greeting Jonathan ?
Gov Jang, as a disciplined, well-trained Officer and Gentleman, would never break protocol. Don't compare him with your area boys and rascals.

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:10am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: Just because my comment does not align with your thinking! You need help!
No, it is you that needs help.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by kkkp: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2013
grin
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: Just because my comment does not align with your thinking! You need help!

Not really because your comment didn't make sense to me either.how come only perceived enemies of the president are meant to face the stringent protocol cum humiliation ? Are you saying nobody greeted Jonathan before/after Amaechi while Jonathan was already seated ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by babadem2much(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2013
we should stop complaining cuz na dem know wetin de inside dia mind wey dey make dem fyt, it might not be what we are seeing n hearing. dem go settle dazz all
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by takedat(m): 8:19am On Jun 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What if it was Jang that went to greet Jonathan,would that bodyguard had prevented him from greeting Jonathan ? I hate the hypocrisy displayed on this forum by jonathan's bootlickers who desperately want to justify the undemocratic tencencies of Jonathan.

I am no Pro-Jonathan, and neither is Amaechi a revolutionist even though I support his 19-16 votes NGF struggle! The bottom line is, he tried to breach not only the president's security but that of the two other visiting presidents whose security details will be at alert as well, and they did their job by "blocking" him. There is nothing in this report to impute that it was the president who gave orders to the bodyguard.

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 27, 2013
As if he didn't know how they play their game ' Mr ameachi stop embarrassing urself! Daz all

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Ngwakwe: 8:26am On Jun 27, 2013
The Amaechi's NGF meeting was actually never called off.

Can the media report the number in attendance for the populace to judge what is become of this Social Organisation NGF.

Amaechi: Was NGF sick? I
don’t know about factions. We are holding NGF meeting and we agreed that those of us who were there should honour the President and attend the dinner, we have attended, you saw all of them, some have left
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by OlumegbonMutair: 8:32am On Jun 27, 2013
I think it is good for us to be mindful of our choice of words.The Gov. Rotimi Amechi that i know is a decent lawyer that always follows the rule of law.For someone to refered to him as thug or hooligan,there must be something.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by AbuMikey(m): 8:34am On Jun 27, 2013
Oga Jona don dey craze una think say na Presidential power he dey wield!!! No 2015 for him if he continues like this!!!
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2013
I seriously doubt the veracity of this report.....in an event shown live, if such had happened, the mainstream media would have been awash with it, even premium times are basing their report on that of an obscure website eagle online
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by PointB: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2013
If he wanted to 'greet' the President, Ameachi should have arrived earlier or waited for the chance after the event. Imagine if all those who came late decide to take turns to 'greet' the President.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by duality(m): 8:53am On Jun 27, 2013
OlumegbonMutair: I think it is good for us to be mindful of our choice of words.The Gov. Rotimi Amechi that i know is a decent lawyer that always follows the rule of law.For someone to refered to him as thug or hooligan,there must be something.

Interesting... Don't you see how the President is insulted most times for no good reasons? This generation is fast losing the battle to preserve civility, politeness, courtesy and respect.

On the other hand, I don't think you know Amaechi.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: I am no Pro-Jonathan, and neither is Amaechi a revolutionist even though I support his 19-16 votes! The bottom line is, he tried to breach the president's security and they did their job by "blocking" him. There is nothing in this report to impute that it was the president who gave orders to the bodyguard.

This guy is a learner,guess I've got to back off right now before you drag me into your disneyland !
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by solomon111(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

This guy is a learner,guess I've got to back off right now before you drag me into your disneyland !
Guy,you've been owned.
Don't make brainless assumptions you can't defend,next time.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by nmaihat: 9:09am On Jun 27, 2013
"Also, Governor Amaechi, who was seated in company of the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Godswil Akpabio, was not recognised at the event while Mr. Akpabio was introduced  as chairman of the PDP Governors  Forum."

The above quote is a big lie made up by premium times cos i saw the part of the dinner on NTA (and even AIT) where every Governor present including gov. Amaechi was recgonised. I dnt know what they are trying to achieve by publishing lies. I ddnt watch d dinner from d start neither did I finish it but this above quote above puts a question mark on d credibility of d entire story. I wldnt b surprised if d incident was not reported exactly how it happened, but dat it was sensationalised so dat premiumtimes (who I must state dr report is looking so premium)cld sell their paper this mrng.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by tomakint: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2013
the drama rages on, the stupid Governor thought he could eat his cake and hace it, I wonder what the kleptomaniac is still doing in PDP, I thought by now he should have cross-carpeted to APC where he could be at peace with his gangs! They take Jonathan to be a lilly-livered man, I am watching when 2015 will unfolds, Amaechi deserves to be severely dealt with for going against his 'brother'! He should go and read the book, '48 Laws of Power', foolish Governor with no brain cool

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Neaman(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2013
Rule 1..NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER. Amaechi is payin d price for thinking otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2013
GEJ must rob pepper inside amaechi's nonsense n ingredient.

All d APC igiots come out here so I can dismantle u all. Ikenna is not here 2ban his uncle again o
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Okijajuju1(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2013
#Article read.... #Opinion not formed... #Website looks shaddy... #Waits for a reputable media house to break the story..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by sylve11: 9:22am On Jun 27, 2013
if care is not taken, day shall cum when these two shall xchange punches. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: Obasanjo's Book Cover Page / Sanwo-Olu Visits First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu / Elu P 78, Elu P 79 - LP Rep Says At The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.