Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working (2900 Views)

I Need To Replace My Toshiba Satellite Laptop Battery / How Do I Recover Sound From My Toshiba(satellite P100) Laptop / My Toshiba Laptop Can't Play Music With Media Player 9, 10, 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by prosper234(m): 7:19pm On May 13, 2008
please help me Naira landers my Toshiba Satellite A205 - S4587 laptop camera assistant software is not working, the report is "error window" please turn on Camera.

Any one with useful information hould please help me out.

Thank You

Prosper
Re: Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by uspry1(f): 7:44pm On May 13, 2008
@prosper234

1. Which one Windows operating system (platform) are you use- - -Windows XP or Windows Vista?

2. Do you mean your laptop camera assistant software is not working? Are you talk about digital camera or webcam to install a driver CD on your laptop?
Re: Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by prosper234(m): 6:55pm On May 15, 2008
Hello User my Operating System is Windows Vista Home Premium actually it was windows vista home basic edition but i upgraded to premium and the problem started
Re: Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by TmeD0(m): 7:29pm On May 15, 2008
@poster, did it come with the driver's cd?  If so, uninstall it and reinstall it using the CD.  Also, if you don't have the CD, try Toshiba's site to see if you can get the driver for the cam.  You said you upgraded to Vista Premium; I'm assuming you didn't do a clean install but rather using an upgrade cd right?  Ok, here's my question, how long ago did you perform the upgrade?  If not too long, chances are you can revert back to Vista basic so you can use your cam while you find compatible driver for the premium.  Try and restore your OS back to basic cause more than likely a restore point should have been created by Vista prior to the upgrade.  Give it a shot and good luck.  Peace!
Re: Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by prosper234(m): 7:53pm On May 15, 2008
yea thanks for your contribution but i have downloaded the driver from toshiba site fitting the very computer model and it never worked i donk know what to do because the laptop never cAME with CD but it was installed with Visa Basic
Re: Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by TmeD0(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2008
prosper234:

yea thanks for your contribution but i have downloaded the driver from toshiba site fitting the very computer model and it never worked i donk know what to do because the laptop never cAME with CD but it was installed with Visa Basic
You said you've downloaded the driver from Toshiba and it's still not working.  Did you download the driver for basic or Premium (if it's available)?  If you downloaded the correct driver, it should work.  Is this the driver you downloaded?  If so, it should work cause it looks like this is compatible with every Vista version.  Peace!
Re: Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by ogrebuga(m): 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2008
Also having the same problems with my Satellite A200 camera. Downloaded the driver, and it still doesn't work, says something about the .nfo being written for win95 or later tongue
Re: Help My Toshiba Camera Is Not Working by bluehorizo(m): 3:25am On Jun 07, 2008
I have similar problem with my Sony VAIO in-built camera. Anytime i try to launch it i get this error " An attempt to initialize the camera failed,please check if another software is using the camera". Don't know what the problem could be.

(1) (Reply)

How To browse free Using Zain Internet Modem / I need a Internet connection / Repair Your Laptop Here,aa Technologies, 11 Otigba Street, Ikeja Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.