Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? (1386 Views)

Zimbabwe Adopts Chinese Yuan As Official Legal Tender In Exchange For $40m Debt / Jonathan To Obama: Help Fix Nigeria! / Should Obama Have Picked Hillary Clinton Over Biden As His Running Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Mamajama(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2008
I personnel think Obama should not help fund her debt, since she was defiant and wanted to continue the race she should pay the bill from the $100 Million her and her husband have raised since living the white house.

I as a donor will stop contributing to Obama camp if he assisted her in any way to pay off the debt.

What do you guys think?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24594032/
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by TheSly: 7:49pm On May 13, 2008
By helping her, It would be very easy to re-unite the party.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by BigB11(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2008
Obama as a leader trying to accomplish a major goal, tit for tat should be the last thing on his mind. Discovering an effective and efficient strategy to win the election in November should be his main target.
Therefore, I say if it is feasible, I think Obama should go ahead and pay off the debt with a systematical condition that would bring Hillary and her supporters to his camp.

There is no need to prolong this process negatively any longer; afterall both of them belong to the same party.

I as a donor will stop contributing to Obama camp if he assisted her in any way to pay off the debt.
If Obama pays off the debt, I'm not sure if it would be made public to the donors ( I do not think the Clintons would want such info to come out).
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Mamajama(m): 8:12pm On May 13, 2008
I agree with uniting the party, but I seriously don’t think Obama needs Clinton as much as the press is presuming. She signify destruction, deception and “do anything to Win”

Obama can do just fine with another white feisty female like Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius from Ohio. Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm or even Chuck haggle that is retiring from the GOP

She incurred the debt and she should pay up.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by BigB11(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2008
Obama can do just fine with another white feisty female like Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius from Ohio. Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm or even Chuck haggle that is retiring from the GOP

Good point!
But now I have couple of questions for you:
1. Apart from what is in the book, do you know anything else about Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius or Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm or Chuck haggle?
2. Could you guarantee us that these entities do not have any unknown bones in their closets?
3. Do you know anything about their various pastors?
4. Do you think Obama at this point needs another political propaganda surprise?

My man, Obama doesn't have time for a new discovery, a new kid on the block or a last minute surprise. He needs a tough, dirty, competent, famous fighter as his running mate.

Personally, I still think Hillary is much more attractive than all these folks you've listed.
Hillary needs no introduction; her dirty and clean sides have already been exposed. She is perfect for this role.
Obama can no longer afford to drop the ball again; he's better off picking a crazy woman he and the public already know. 

Furthermore, Hillary's Unique attitude (craziness and aggressiveness) could also be a priceless asset to Obama's admin or camp.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Mamajama(m): 8:59pm On May 13, 2008
Dude do you think this people just became a governor over night? Look up their accomplishments online and you will see why they were both elected as governor.

Beside Chuck Haggle is one of the most respected GOP candidates in America today. May will remember him for criticizing bush on his foreign police and beside he is a war VET that will booster OBama’s foreign policy

http://www.governor.ks.gov/about/bio.htm

http://www.michigan.gov/gov/0,1607,7-168--57920--,00.html

http://hagel.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Home.Home

BigB1 if you know anything about Americans, you will know that they are very forgiving and are always ready to move on. If Obama picks another dynamic, charismatic white female governor, people will forget about Clinton in a second
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Mamajama(m): 9:00pm On May 13, 2008
Clinton comes with too many baggage that goes against Obama Slogan of Change. We need someone that will be positive, honest and trustworth
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 13, 2008
The Sly:

By helping her, It would be very easy to re-unite the party.
agreed
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:05pm On May 13, 2008
Mamajama:

Clinton comes with too many baggage that goes against Obama Slogan of Change. We need someone that will be positive, honest and trustworth
But clinton brings something to the table " Experience." She is a balance to a shaky equation. she rivals Mccain in experience, so she will pull in voters who want to vote based on experience. Clinton is very Critical to Obama becoming president.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Mamajama(m): 9:14pm On May 13, 2008
Been a 1st lady does not equal experience. How many post or foreign policy experience does she has in comparison to Chuck Haggle? or other potential candidates that are out there?

She is outstanding but her integrity and honesty is at question. The GOP will have a field day with her when it comes to honesty and taking money from the lobbyist
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by BigB11(m): 9:25pm On May 13, 2008
Clinton goes against Obama Slogan of Change.

Yes, he (Obama) stands for "CHANGE", and keep in mind that Hillary as his running mate doesn't affect his stance. As the number one man the slogan (CHANGE) remains; Hillary as the first female VP also means "CHANGE".

BigB1 if you know anything about Americans, you will know that they are very forgiving and are always ready to move on. If Obama picks another dynamic, charismatic white female governor, people will forget about Clinton in a second

I'm sorry MAMAJAMA: the rednecks know nothing about moving forward when it comes to a blackman. I wonder why they haven't moved forward and leave OJ alone after 10 years.

Also keep in mind that, it's not about the level of your intelligence or the content of your proposal, it's all about the state of mind of Americans. This state of mind is very fragile, unpredictable, sensitive, and mostly gullible.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Mamajama(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2008
I agree with you but when you talk of change and bringing the country and the parties together Haggle will be of more value to him than Hillary.

Not only is he respected among Republicans, but that will help Obama win some of the red states that will never vote for a democratic candidate and not to even think of a blackman
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by BigB11(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2008
MAMAJAMA:

Also keep in mind that everyone is very attractive till they are placed underneath the microscope.
Do not be fooled, time is already against Obama. At this point, it is more sensible for him to rather sleep with the crazy woman he already knows.

Furthermore, my man, this is exactly how the republicans want us to see things.They do not want to see the combo of the dream team; they know for a fact that this combo would disable the republican party for the next 16 years.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Mamajama(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2008
I still don't understand some black people in this country. Can someone please explain to me why they cant just stand up for what is right?

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/bawnews/movingamerica08/cbcclintonsupporters513

I was shocked to see someone like Mayor Naggin Ray of New Orleans just now switching to Obama. What message are they sending to their constituencies?
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by BigB11(m): 9:51pm On May 13, 2008
Without Hillary, Obama can just go ahead and kiss PA, FL, MI, West VA, NY, NJ, TX and many many more big states good bye.
Sorry guys, but I see another Al Gore in action (win the majority votes, but can't win the critical states); and that is the same as big zero at the end of the day.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by savanaha: 9:57pm On May 13, 2008
Obama has his own problems and helping Hilary is not on the top of the list. However since this practice has been put in place where the losing candidate is helped by the winning then he might help her, or his supporters will.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by BigB11(m): 10:00pm On May 13, 2008
I was shocked to see someone like Mayor Naggin Ray of New Orleans just now switching to Obama.  What message are they sending to their constituencies?

The problem here is, many became who they are today because of the leadership of Bill Clinton.
Therefore, it becomes very difficult to go against your bread and butter <the same way Gbenga Daniels can never go against OBJ>.
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Ndipe(m): 11:55pm On May 13, 2008
The Clinton's arent hurting for money, since they netted over 100 million dollars after vacating the white house. She should dip into her coffers with the assurance that Oga Clinton can recoup them from 'speaking engagements'.  smiley
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by bawomolo(m): 3:51am On May 14, 2008
u don't help people with 20million dollar debts. obama needs that money for his campaign. na you get the 20million
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by darfur(m): 4:15am On Jun 16, 2008
why should he pay it back angry
na him borrow am? abeg make witch go find money pay herself joo grin
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 16, 2008
WTF?
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by Emad(f): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2008
help for what nah him send am?
Re: Should Obama Help Pay Off Clitons $20 Million Debt? by tck2000(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2019

(1) (Reply)

"Iran To React Immediately If Attacked" / Gaddafi Quotes On Arabs And Africans. / Ivory Coast: Gbagbo Outtara And The Colonial Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.