Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Polytheists Vs Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polytheists Vs Trinity (10272 Views)

More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
I have discussed with JWs like ijawkid, truthislight... And some that are not JWs like frosbel and come to realize that they dont know who Jesus is.

Ijaw kid will tell you he is not God that God cannot die...

When you show him John 1:1 ok he is a god like us that we are all gods. He will also claim that Jesus is an angel.

When you take him to asaiah Jesus is now God not like us but a lesser God to the father as he is the mighty God and the father is the almighty God. The problem here is that the father is also called the mighty God.

So since the trinitarians believe there is one God that operates in 3 distinct ways go along with the bible teaching that there is only one God compared to the polytheist of have Jesus as a god yet he is not a FALSE god... Jehovah says in asaiah 43:10 he says before him no god was formed... In that verse the bible made it clear to believe in a god other than God is a taboo... Frosbel ijawkid will claim they are not polytheist because they dont worship Jesus... But believe in more than one God is polytheism.

1 chronicles 16:26 says all the gods of the nations are idols... Anytime the bible talks about other gods it is putting them in bad light calling idols. In fact the only thing the bible called god is Satan and that is figurative... Satan is not a god but the bible call him god of the world. Every one knows that Jehovah is the God of the world not satan.

the question is are we going to be guilty of worshipping a god as it says Jesus will be worshipped along side the father?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nope! Because we have many chapters and verses of the bible, exalting Him(christ) and God himself procaliming him(christ)...... The trinity is more of monotheism and not polytheism, we don't worship three gods but one. Each of the 'persons' is 'distinct' from the other, yet related. The father chooses who will be saved(ephians, 1:4); the Son redeems them(ephesians, 1:7); and the holy spirit seals them(ephesians, 1:13) each has a will, thats why each can say 'me' 'mine' 'you'.... all are working according to the will of the 'father', just like Jesus said. If doubt the exitence of the trinity, then we should doubt the existence of satan....

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
^^ my problem is their incisive view of Christ... One of then said before that since we all come from God we are gods... Like how snake give birth to snake... The problem is water, trees and the earth comes from God will you call them gods too?

Do we have to pray to someone that is not God?

The bible calls Jesus God of the world twice
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
Trinitarians are Polytheists or more specifically Tritheists, they are 1 million miles away from being monotheists.

The madness of it all is that these funny fellows want us to agree with them that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
frosbel: Trinitarians are Polytheists or more specifically Tritheists, they are 1 million miles away from being monotheists.

The madness of it all is that these funny fellows want us to agree with them that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

Nonsense.

You have to wrestle the scriptures that calls Jesus God... And you don't know who Jesus even is so I dont think you can address it... As for what you believe Jesus never exist till he was born... Something you could defend smiley
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

You have to wrestle the scriptures that calls Jesus God... And you don't know who Jesus even is so I dont think you can address it... As for what you believe Jesus never exist till he was born... Something you could defend smiley

Peter , John, Paul and even SATAN called Jesus SON of GOD.

What do you call him ?

smiley
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2013
frosbel:

Peter , John, Paul and even SATAN called Jesus SON of GOD.

What do you call him ?

smiley

Of course even we the trinitarians call him son of God
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

Of course even we the trinitarians call him son of God

and also GOD undecided
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
frosbel:

and also GOD undecided

see how John 1:1 can adress that question for you
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

John 1:1

you can have a debate with yourself, I don't have the time to keep teaching you the same thing again and again.

smiley
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
frosbel:

you can have a debate with yourself, I don't have the time to keep teaching you the same thing again and again.

smiley

Am not ready to debate. I want you people to teach me why you guys are not sure about who Jesus is... He is just a guy Mary born... He is a man... He is angel... He is a god... Now he is a mighty God but not almighty... Make Una talk why Una they confuse Una self...

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
In a particular thread frosbel mistakenly said Jesus is omnipresent.

https://www.nairaland.com/1336621/out-body-non-african-testimony

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: In a particular thread frosbel mistakenly said Jesus is omnipresent.

He is the most confused of all.. Is either Jesus is a FALSE god or he is a TRUE God
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by fr3do(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Worship GOD,trying to seperate HIM is idolatery!

2 Likes

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: In a particular thread frosbel mistakenly said Jesus is omnipresent.

https://www.nairaland.com/1336621/out-body-non-african-testimony

Hmm, nope.

I said Jesus is present through the Spirit of GOD anywhere and everywhere , specifically where 2 or 3 are gathered together in his name.

Try not to misquote me.

At least I do not think the resurrection is past and the saints are already awake in heaven.

smiley
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
frosbel:

Hmm, nope.

I said Jesus is present through the Spirit of GOD anywhere and everywhere , specifically where 2 or 3 are gathered together in his name.

Try not to misquote me.

At least I do not think the resurrection is past and the saints are already awake in heaven.

smiley
You also misquoted me, i never said resurrection is past.I said since Christ is resurrected we are seated with him in heavenly places,which of cos is in your bible except you have torn that part.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino: I have discussed with JWs like ijawkid, truthislight... And some that are not JWs like frosbel and come to realize that they dont know who Jesus is.

Ijaw kid will tell you he is not God that God cannot die...

When you show him John 1:1 ok he is a god like us that we are all gods. He will also claim that Jesus is an angel.

When you take him to asaiah Jesus is now God not like us but a lesser God to the father as he is the mighty God and the father is the almighty God. The problem here is that the father is also called the mighty God.

So since the trinitarians believe there is one God that operates in 3 distinct ways go along with the bible teaching that there is only one God compared to the polytheist of have Jesus as a god yet he is not a FALSE god... Jehovah says in asaiah 43:10 he says before him no god was formed... In that verse the bible made it clear to believe in a god other than God is a taboo... Frosbel ijawkid will claim they are not polytheist because they dont worship Jesus... But believe in more than one God is polytheism.

1 chronicles 16:26 says all the gods of the nations are idols... Anytime the bible talks about other gods it is putting them in bad light calling idols. In fact the only thing the bible called god is Satan and that is figurative... Satan is not a god but the bible call him god of the world. Every one knows that Jehovah is the God of the world not satan.

the question is are we going to be guilty of worshipping a god as it says Jesus will be worshipped along side the father?

And he is still deluded as usual......

Wasn't david worshipped,adored and revered alongside Yahweh??....

Why can't you guys grow some simple sense and abandon the trinity.....

I believe in the only one God the Father who is my God...

The aLl other Gods are not my God...

Now this is where you don't get to understand me and the Jw's.....

Many can be called God(s).......angels,man,Jesus,mountains, etc....

But to us there is but one GOD.....the Father...

The Father is my God.....Jesus is not my God....so I remain a monotheist...

You on the other hand call Jesus your God,call the Father your God and also call the holy spirit your God....

1 Corinthians 8:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for whom we
live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,
through whom all things came and through
whom we live.

I bet you and other trinitarians are not part of the US mentioned in this verse.....

Don't you dare compare me with you false polytheists.......

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

see how John 1:1 can adress that question for you

God calls you God too....

I don tire for ona o........

Did John 1:1 tell me Jesus is my GOD??........

May I ask you...

Who is your GOD??.......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino: ^^ my problem is their incisive view of Christ... One of then said before that since we all come from God we are gods... Like how snake give birth to snake... The problem is water, trees and the earth comes from God will you call them gods too?

Do we have to pray to someone that is not God?

The bible calls Jesus God of the world twice

Didn't God himself call us God??.......

And the bible calls satan too the God of the world......

Are you satisfied??...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

Is Jesus called the one GOD over us??.......

Please answer.......

Is Jesus the Father??.......

You would say No he isn't ......

Then I wonder why the fruitless arguments.......

I want you to open a scripture as clear as 1 corinthians 8:6 and show us that Jesus is the one GOD......

Please........

Enough is enough with this blind argument....

And the annoying part of it is you want to call others polytheist when you are a stunch one......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
ijawkid:

Didn't God himself call us God??.......

And the bible calls satan too the God of the world......

Are you satisfied??...

verse where God call us God... I know he says there is no God beside him and he didn't form any God...

how are we god despite bible says any other gods are idol.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
ijawkid:

And he is still deluded as usual......

Wasn't david worshipped,adored and revered alongside Yahweh??....

Why can't you guys grow some simple sense and abandon the trinity.....

I believe in the only one God the Father who is my God...

The aLl other Gods are not my God...

Now this is where you don't get to understand me and the Jw's.....

Many can be called God(s).......angels,man,Jesus,mountains, etc....

But to us there is but one GOD.....the Father...

The Father is my God.....Jesus is not my God....so I remain a monotheist...

You on the other hand call Jesus your God,call the Father your God and also call the holy spirit your God....

1 Corinthians 8:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for whom we
live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,
through whom all things came and through
whom we live.

I bet you and other trinitarians are not part of the US mentioned in this verse.....

Don't you dare compare me with you false polytheists.......

If you believe in Jesus who is another god then it polytheist you can confirm it in your dictionary
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

verse where God call us God... I know he says there is no God beside him and he didn't form any God...

how are we god despite bible says any other gods are idol.

Please until I worship you,angels, and Jesus as my God is when they become false Gods...

Don't you get it??....

Angels are called elohim....but they are not my God.......

They are elohim by nature not by virtue of the fact that I worship them as my God....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

If you believe in Jesus who is another god then it polytheist you can confirm it in your dictionary

Jesus is not my God.....

I repeat Jesus is not my GOD......

My God is but one the Father.....so I remain a strict monotheist....

Do you understand me??........
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: You also misquoted me, i never said resurrection is past.I said since Christ is resurrected we are seated with him in heavenly places,which of cos is in your bible except you have torn that part.

And when and how does the sitting occur....

Before one is ressurected or ??......
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
You do realize that the bible says God will destroy other gods that didn't form the heaven and earth... Right? Are you saying he will destroy Jesus and all humans and angels as you say they are gods.

I know one of those books published by WT teaches that God will destroy other gods.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino: You do realize that the bible says God will destroy other gods that didn't form the heaven and earth... Right? Are you saying he will destroy Jesus and all humans and angels as you say they are gods.

I know one of those books published by WT teaches that God will destroy other gods.

Oboy...

Have I not answered your question that I am not a polytheist??.........

Have I not??....

These your extra questions are just childish and time wasting.......

God won't destroy Jesus and the other good angels because they know they are not the one GOD and that they are loyal and subservient to the one GOD the Father......

Like I have said before.......

Jesus is not my GOD.....no other person called God is my God.......only the Father is my God...

Now may I ask you a question to find out if you're are not a polytheist......

Who is your GOD??.........

No run around the corner o....just give a straight scriptural answer......

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy...

Have I not answered your question that I am not a polytheist??.........

Have I not??....

These your extra questions are just childish and time wasting.......

God won't destroy Jesus and the other good angels because they know they are not the one GOD and that they are loyal and subservient to the one GOD the Father......

Like I have said before.......

Jesus is not my GOD.....no other person called God is my God.......only the Father is my God...

Now may I ask you a question to find out if you're are not a polytheist......

Who is your GOD??.........

No run around the corner o....just give a straight scriptural answer......

Believing in other gods whether you worship or not makes you polytheist dont you get it? You believe in another god.

The bible says he will destroy other gods that didn't form the earth how is that childish? Didn't he say there was no other God formed beside him?

How can the mountains be god like you said? Is it because you are trying to take the deity of Christ.

again am asking if God will destroy other gods that didn't make the heavens and earth... Me and you and anything you call god... Me am a human not god.

"Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens."
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

Believing in other gods whether you worship or not makes you polytheist dont you get it? You believe in another god.

The bible says he will destroy other gods that didn't form the earth how is that childish? Didn't he say there was no other God formed beside him?

How can the mountains be god like you said? Is it because you are trying to take the deity of Christ.

again am asking if God will destroy other gods that didn't make the heavens and earth... Me and you and anything you call god... Me am a human not god.

"Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens."

Oboy!!!!...even God the Father knows there are other Gods.........that does not make him a polytheist....GOD himself calls us GOD......

I just don't know what your problem is....

Are you looking for customers who would go down or toe the polytheist path with you??.......

I have clearly announced that Jesus is not my God....and that my GOD is the Father alone........

You can't call me a polytheist because no other person is my GOD but one,the Father.....

and please answer my question.....

WHO IS YOUR GOD??

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy!!!!...even God the Father knows there are other Gods.........that does not make him a polytheist....GOD himself calls us GOD......

I just don't know what your problem is....

Are you looking for customers who would go down or toe the polytheist path with you??.......

I have clearly announced that Jesus is not my God....and that my GOD is the Father alone........

You can't call me a polytheist because no other person is my GOD but one,the Father.....

and please answer my question.....

WHO IS YOUR GOD??

Hahahaha he that says there is no other god beside him more than 20 times in the bible?

Thanks for the laugh. He said he didn't create any god. Any time U here god is what humans makes... Whether wood or person.

What are you talking about huh? How God knows there are other gods and still say there is no other god?

I bet you can't answer it or you will say it is waste of time again
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ijawkid(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2013
benalvino:

Hahahaha he that says there is no other god beside him more than 20 times in the bible?

Thanks for the laugh. He said he didn't create any god. Any time U here god is what humans makes... Whether wood or person.

What are you talking about huh? How God knows there are other gods and still say there is no other god?

I bet you can't answer it or you will say it is waste of time again

Your questions are useless........

Because they are not helping you.....

Did Yahweh himself not call us God??...Doesn't Yahweh know that there are others called God(s)??......

Yes or No??.....

And answer my question so that I would no if you and the egyptians who worshipped triad Gods are not the same.....

WHO IS YOUR GOD??.......

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2013
ijawkid:

Your questions are useless........

Because they are not helping you.....

Did Yahweh himself not call us God??...Doesn't Yahweh know that there are others called God(s)??......

Yes or No??.....

And answer my question so that I would no if you and the egyptians who worshipped triad Gods are not the same.....

WHO IS YOUR GOD??.......

When did Yahweh call us God abeg.

How is the question not helping me?
You believe in Jesus another god that is polytheist whether you worship him or not. Believing in one God is monotheists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? / What are your three most important prayer points For 2022? / Does Praying For The Dead Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.