Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant (30188 Views)

Ojb's Kidney Reportedly Collapses Again / M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment / 2face Didnt Donate N1.5M For OJB's Kidney Transplant - Nomoreloss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by chisco: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
Popular Ghanaian actress, Juliet Ibrahim questions the $100,000 reportedly required for OJB Jezreel’s kidney transplant.

The light skinned beauty in a statement posted on Instagram said, ‘I know a kidney transplant will not cost more than 50k USD. Why are they requesting 100K when so many deals with cheaper hospitals out there in India even in Ghana can be worked out?’

Miss Ibrahim who incidentally runs a kidney foundation also added, ‘To get the necessary help, those in charge of OJB’s fundraising need to reach out to the right people and stop harassing celebrities for funds’.

While also saying that people should refrain from harassing celebs over donations for the transplant she told fans, ‘Who said your 1000 Naira cannot amount to something that can raise the sum needed for OJB’s transplant’.

Meanwhile fans have continued to harass celebs on social media for alleged poor response to donation requests for the ailing producer’s transplant.
Source:http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/entertainment/artikel.php?ID=278072

4 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Komedy(m): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
I hope she has donated if not this her talk is of no use

17 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Double194(m): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
Dis chick dey mad, see as she open mouth dey talk about cheaper hospitals, what is money compared to life. I thought she had a brain.

10 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by nuttylilnabs(m): 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hope she has contribute some money too.

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Onyinyechimara(f): 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
She has a kidney foundation abi?

Since she knows so many cheaper deals and alternatives that can be worked out why doesn't she hook OJBs team up??

If she doesn't understand why their asking for so much why doesn't she contact them and show them the way to go about it??

Otherwise I think she should stop tweeting on this matter

3 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Airforce1(m): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
This woman is an enemy of progress..

First it was bout her been more beautiful than kim k

And now tis bout ojb asking for 100k instead of 50k

Can't she just shut the phuck up and mind her business?

3 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by madone: 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Make she go sleep Jo she get the 50k ma she bring now

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 28, 2013
Attention seeker!

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Yvete(f): 12:53am On Jun 28, 2013
Another irrelevant beach makes noise on twitter ... Z-list actress!

6 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by kreamidiva(f): 12:55am On Jun 28, 2013
Biko Julie park well near one transformer.

9 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 28, 2013
Who d Furck wanna hear dat hoe speak? Slutty biatch.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nuzo1(m): 3:01am On Jun 28, 2013
Juliet Ibrahim made very valid points.

Yes, $100k maybe to much for a standard kidney transplant in India. Remember, she owns a foundation that centers on kidney related illness.

And less we forget, how much did Ngozi Nwosu use in doing both kidney and liver transplant?

Nomoreloss and co lost it on this one. They should have listed in details what they inteded using the $100k for. Was it for the transplant and a year of medication?

It actually sad that it took a far away Ghanian to remind us of how to be detailed and transparent.
This is the same behaviour our leaders exhibit in this country.

And for the records, I've never seen Ms Ibrahim's movies and I don't wish to see cos I know it will be wack...thereby I'm not her fan.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by bellaberry: 4:48am On Jun 28, 2013
Although I know Juliet Ibrahim to bark at anything, but I'm afraid I have to agree with her on this one. Thank God, it doesn't no longer feel like I'm the only one that thought that the 100k dols quotation was a bit on the high side.

3 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by SlyIg(f): 6:12am On Jun 28, 2013
This woman is good at negative criticism. The other time,she was at war with Kim Kardashan for being paid too much to grace an occasion in Nigeria. Kim is someone she is not even fit to untie her shoe.

Now she is here talking shit. With this statement alone, many will be discouraged from donating any longer. I pray God forgives her cos it's someone's life that is involved here.

8 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Chinwem(f): 6:59am On Jun 28, 2013
Nuzo':
Juliet Ibrahim made very valid points.

1. Why must people be harrassed/coersed into such donation when they may have uncles, aunties and other relations that may be needing their help?

2. And yes, $100k maybe to much for a standard kidney transplant in India. Remember, she owns a foundation that centers on kidney related illness.

And less we forget, how much did Ngozi Nwosu use in doing both kidney and liver transplant?

Nomoreloss and co lost it on this one. They should have listed in details what they inteded using the $100k for. Was it for the transplant and a year of medication?

It actually sad that it took a far away Ghanian to remind us of how to be detailed and transparent.

4. And yes, she has every right to claim to be more beautiful than Kim K. Alot of people in the streets of Bahrain, Iran and even Poto Rico are far more beautiful than Kim K but it has never been only about beauty....your lineage, publicity, location, line of work, carriage, finace, friends makes the difference.

And for the records, I've never seen Ms Ibrahim's movies and I don't wish to see cos I know it will be wack...thereby I'm not her fan.

Oga, park well.........monetary donations aside

As a celebrity who feels need to put mouth, has she and her so called foundation gone to visit him and see how he's doing?

Even without money donations, has she gone to his house to share any advice she may have before coming online and spewing insensitive trash

So now OJB and his team are fraudsters who are collecting more than the needed amount??

She should contact them and get off that bloody high horse

Foundation ko, foundation ni

People without foundation have done more than her useless behind

21 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by ebera(f): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2013
So sorry 2 say dis,bt she has a point and a very solid one @ dt.OJB,wia is all his money?after all is he nt a celebrity too.does it mean he has been squandering his money on drinks n women,now he wnts other people who invested wisefully 2 help him.well since it's a matter of life n death,they ave 2 help him,bt nt under compulsion.it's dia money fellas.and she's right,ur N1000 can mek a difference.

8 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by dagentility(f): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2013
Make she donate first b4 askng any question.

2 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Onyinyechimara(f): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2013
ebera: So sorry 2 say dis,bt she has a point and a very solid one @ dt.OJB,wia is all his money?after all is he nt a celebrity too.does it mean he has been squandering his money on drinks n women,now he wnts other people who invested wisefully 2 help him.well since it's a matter of life n death,they ave 2 help him,bt nt under compulsion.it's dia money fellas.and she's right,ur N1000 can mek a difference.

You don chop this morning?
Do you realise dialysis costs money?
Do you realise that you need at least 3 sessions every week that is 156 MINIMUM sessions every year for effective dialysis?
Do you realise that most people cannot even bear this minimum cost on their own?
What do you think has kept him alive the past 2 years without the disgrace of coming to the public to beg for help?
You think money for women and drinks equates the cost of one dialysis session?

Do you know the cost of one vial of erythropoietin alone? If you don't know this is needed in kidney failure google is your friend
Do you know the cost of immunosuppressive drugs he will need AFTER the transplant ?
Do you know if any complications will occur?
Have you seen anyone die from renal failure before?? Didn't think so
It can eat up the funds of even wealthy people who in your very words have ' invested wisely'

So Madam kidney foundation is right?
I hope she ll still be right if kidney failure visits you or someone you know

50 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Basilona(m): 7:49am On Jun 28, 2013
We should stop harrassing cash money celebs about helping out a colleague. Crazy drag queen

A hundred grand might seem too steep for a kidney transplant but there is also something called post-op care to think about. It doesn't take anything for these celebs to splurge a little for a good cause. It beats spending a fortune on a suit or alcohol.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Basilona(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2013
Do you realise that you need at least 3 sessions every week that is 156 MINIMUM sessions every year for effective dialysis?
Do you realise that most people cannot even bear this minimum cost on their own?
What do you think has kept him alive the past 2 years without the disgrace of coming to the public to beg for help?

Do you know the cost of one vial of erythropoietin alone? If you don't know this is needed in kidney failure google is your friend
Do you know the cost of immunosuppressive drugs he will need AFTER the transplant ?
It can eat up the funds of even wealthy people who in your very words have ' invested wisely'

[/quote]

No mind all these oversabis running their mouth afoul. People don't have empathy for their fellow humans anymore.
Itz crazy the world we live in

8 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Basilona(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2013

[/quote]

No mind all these oversabis running their mouth afoul. People don't have empathy for their fellow humans anymore.
Itz crazy the world we live in

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by brixton: 8:05am On Jun 28, 2013
you are not Nigerian and i did not see your name in all the broadcasts about OJB... stop famzing cos we did not invite you to our affairs.

5 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by SlyIg(f): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2013
ebera: So sorry 2 say dis,bt she has a point and a very solid one @ dt.OJB,wia is all his money?after all is he nt a celebrity too.does it mean he has been squandering his money on drinks n women,now he wnts other people who invested wisefully 2 help him.well since it's a matter of life n death,they ave 2 help him,bt nt under compulsion.it's dia money fellas.and she's right,ur N1000 can mek a difference.
this patient in his last interview said that he has spent 5million naira for this very ailment. Its beyond his pocket this time around.

Even upon the high salary that the politicians are receiving monthly plus d stolen ones, govt still spend seperate on their medicals. How much more Ojb.

2 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Dygeasy(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2013
You Know, As Far As I'm Concerned, Any Celebrity That Drops Money Now For OJB's Treatment is Doing So Out Of Unwilling Compulsion People Have Put On Them Through All These Jokes/Posts/Comments About The Celebs Having Money, Buying Cars And Buying Wines.

First Of All, What So Many Of Us Don't Understand Is Most Of These Celebrities Live Fake Lives. All The Cars, Alchohol And All Are Not As Real As They Seem. Or How Else Do We Explain The OJB Guy Needing #15million Naira For A Surgery? Isn't He A Celebrity Too? He Has Had His Own Share Of Being In The Spotlight Too. So There's No Excuse For Not Having #15million Naira As A Celebrity As They're Tagged.

I'm Not Saying He Shouldn't Be Helped By Whomever Has The Might To Help Him But Nigerians Should Take It Easy On Other Celebrities. Enough Of The Lame Criticizing Jokes.

There Are Other Rich People Who Can Be Of Help. Doesn't Have To Be The So-Acclaimed 'Rich' Celebrities.

Don't Be Surprised When Wizkid Needs #20million For A Testicle Transplant And Skales Is Out Asking People To Donate Money. I Wish Him Quick Recovery Tho And I Pray He Gets Help Real Soon. My Heart Reaches Out To Him.

I Stand To Be Yabbed And Persecuted.

5 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2013
She has the right to her opinion but I mean...
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by yimidee(f): 8:38am On Jun 28, 2013
Pple please if d surgery is gonna cost $50k, wat about accomodation or is d hospital gonna keep him for free? Other medications post surgery check up or is he gonna have the surgery and head home the same day sad
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by naijaboiy: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2013
I beliv you all are speakin d fact here...both dos in support of julie and dos hu are not
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Oshiite: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2013
yimidee: Pple please if d surgery is gonna cost $50k, wat about accomodation or is d hospital gonna keep him for free? Other medications post surgery check up or is he gonna have the surgery and head home the same day sad
ask the ediot juliet dat doesnt know how to act

2 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Oshiite: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2013
If theres one actress i dont watch her film,it is dat foul mouthed juliet who cant act a thing,even my dog will do better than her,stupendous ignoramus
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Lordave: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2013
Oshiite: ask the ediot juliet dat doesnt know how to act
who is Juliet Ibrahim, a por.n star??

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Revolva(m): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2013
Omo...well may be Juliet may be saying the truth.....well but we dont care.....if they can use like 70k USD to do the transplant..then the rest should be for upkeep....ok...mobility and all..juliet no reason go there....fish brain

2 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by dBard: 11:00am On Jun 28, 2013
Chinwem:

Oga, park well.........monetary donations aside

As a celebrity who feels need to put mouth, has she and her so called foundation gone to visit him and see how he's doing?

Even without money donations, has she gone to his house to share any advice she may have before coming online and spewing insensitive trash

So now OJB and his team are fraudsters who are collecting more than the needed amount??

She should contact them and get off that bloody high horse

Foundation ko, foundation ni

People without foundation have done more than her useless behind

before u start mouthing off n insulting unnecessarily, y not take a time out t think n analyse witout sentiments.
She owns a kidney dx related foundation n therefore is in d know. 2ndly, d cost of a treatmnt includes both d estmated hospital stay, drugs, procedures n unvestigations etc. 3rdly dre r cases of oda celebs/ ppl dat ve undergone same, did they pay d same? y isnt d donations bin handled by a credible irganisation?
For those talking abt its 2 kidneys, from wat I know they dont transplant d 2 kidneys at once. the risks r just too much.
If I were she sha, I would ve kept my opinuon t myself cos of all dis unnecessary backlash. y wear red n walk thru a field of bulls??

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mascoteda's Baby Bump Covered In Paint / Adorable Photo Of Dr Sid's Baby Unwrapping Her Christmas Gift / Phoenix Osinuga, Wife Of Nomoreloss Battles Fibromyalgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.