Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" (4072 Views)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
I sometimes wonder why africans, Nigerians in particular have refused to be rational in their thoughts and actions, they would rather close their eyes to the hard truths about life.

bishop oyedepo is a billionaire, a man who is extremely rich, a man who is rumored to have over four planes, and lots of landed properties all over the world, but who claims he makes his money from his career as an architect and as a professional writer, (does his books sell more than JK rowlings books?) I believe if the IRS should audit him, they would discover that he is the richest black man,

I have a lot of issues with this man, a man who is violent, a man who is full of himself, and a man who deceives millions of people into giving their hard earned money to his ministry, by promising them greater returns on their investments, or on their tithes and offerings, this man talks about nothing other than giving, money, this man is the king of materialism,

how can Nigeria move forward, when we have men like this who only care about their church members bringing money to their churches, not caring where these monies come from, that's why his church has a very high percentage of criminals, from yahoo yahoo boys and runs girls, to thieving politicians and ritualists, if this country is to change for the better, men like these and their ideologies have to be let go off.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by ainabeosei: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
I chanllenge u to name d corrupt politicians, runs girls, etc u know in his church.lf u do not have what to say xpecially abt men of God then keep shut at least dat is wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by ezme(m): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
ainabeosei: I chanllenge u to name d corrupt politicians, runs girls, etc u know in his church.lf u do not have what to say xpecially abt men of God then keep shut at least dat is wisdom.

You know there are ways to disagree, without coming off as a zombie. Right?

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by ainabeosei: 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
I do not understand what u mean by zombi. U are acussing some1 of having dubious money and dubious pple in his church and yet u cannot name any body. Who is now d zombie

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by DynamicGod: 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
@op(bolaino), u've a reprobate mind. Y don't u take a step to open ur own church in order to make money like Oyedepo? The meaning of ur name in efik (bola-ino) is bola-thief. Ole!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
ainabeosei: I do not understand what u mean by zombi. U are acussing some1 of having dubious money and dubious pple in his church and yet u cannot name any body. Who is now d zombie
I don't need to call names, they know themselves, and I hope u aren't one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
DynamicGod: @op(bolaino), u've a reprobate mind. Y don't u take a step to open ur own church in order to make money like Oyedepo? The meaning of ur name in efik (bola-ino) is bola-thief. Ole!
yeah thanks, I wonder why christians can't take criticisms, without resorting to name calling.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
Y dont u face ur life.? The man doesnt even read nairaland. Leave him alone . He has made it already. Do something with ur life too.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kufre2010: 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Op, do not argue with them. Leave them to their ignorance. Just say ur mind and leave, who will b wise would b wise.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 1:58am On Jun 28, 2013
holahmihdeh: Y dont u face ur life.? The man doesnt even read nairaland. Leave him alone . He has made it already. Do something with ur life too.
and what makes u think I'm not doing something with my life?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 1:58am On Jun 28, 2013
kufre2010: Op, do not argue with them. Leave them to their ignorance. Just say ur mind and leave, who will b wise would b wise.
true words sire.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Dapsy70sk: 4:15am On Jun 28, 2013
Na wa ooo, if u v personal bif for d man say so, instead of makin claims u cnt justify, u z d man only talks abt money..haba, dt ma frnd is nt true, u z d church is ful of y y bois n runs girls, bt pls did christ com for d righteous or rada sinners to repentance....and besyds ao many of services v u gone, unless u r lyk dose voyagers wu v a long telescope to view wats apenin in oda ppls home...dude if u v anyoda claims dt mk sense be sure to let us knw...enjoy
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by emmabest2000(m): 4:43am On Jun 28, 2013
please can someone give me the link to donwload any current Bishop David Oyedepos Messages on mobile phone , Thanks in advance
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 28, 2013
In as much as the Op was partly right in some of his views,he went above board by making derogatory remarks and negative abusive comments which generated such response he had in this thread.The remarks are very unchristian like and i doubt very much if the Op is a christian to start with. I am not against bishop oyedepo,neither am i holding fort for him in this regard but the truth is the prosperity message contains truths about faith and God’s help in financial areas. It rightly points to God’s promises concerning blessings for those who give generously.So in essence,it is very much biblical But sadly, it has led to a serious distortion of God’s Word by some. We want the blessings, and God is always set to bless us but we need to also avoid the pitfalls of: A perversion of poverty, A gravitation towards greed, and A penchant for pride,which i am afraid has led so many to their destruction.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 5:49am On Jun 28, 2013
1 Timothy 6
5 .......... men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a [c]source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw.
6 [And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of [d]inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain.

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kambo(m): 6:14am On Jun 28, 2013
@op if d bishop were a poor nobody , ud never giv him a dime to help fight poverty wth. But he's rich and u ar so vexed by his excessive richness (4 jets no b beans) tht u open a thread to poor ur venom on him!. Aint tht hypocritcl?
Now go find a poor beaten nobody pastr and buy him a suite of cloths and a pair of shoes! B4 u com here yapping abt those on d other side of d divide.

D bible talks of prosperity in glowg terms, if his wealth is stolen like u allege who'll judge him?u? , on d other hand wat if God gave him all he enjoys? Did d church ever frce members at gunpoint to surrender their money ?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 6:31am On Jun 28, 2013
kambo: @op if d bishop were a poor nobody , ud never giv him a dime to help fight poverty wth. But he's rich and u ar so vexed by his excessive richness (4 jets no b beans) tht u open a thread to poor ur venom on him!. Aint tht hypocritcl?
Now go find a poor beaten nobody pastr and buy him a suite of cloths and a pair of shoes! B4 u com here yapping abt those on d other side of d divide.

D bible talks of prosperity in glowg terms, if his wealth is stolen like u allege who'll judge him?u? , on d other hand wat if God gave him all he enjoys? Did d church ever frce members at gunpoint to surrender their money ?

Show me where the bible taught you prosperity as a Christian..my bible teaches me contentment while I hope for the coming of The Lord.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by kambo(m): 6:52am On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Show me where the bible taught you prosperity as a Christian..my bible teaches me contentment while I hope for the coming of The Lord.

because if u get too rch , d sheer volume of d money will drag u to hell right?
God doesnt want u too rch cuz d poorer u ar d holier u ar? U see ur ,the christian manufacture ur OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS thru d volume of lack u can cope with or sickness and disease u can endure.!
Guy, Jesus became poor (relatively) so tht u , through his poverty can become rich.
The silver and the Gold is mine,saith the Lord, and the cattle upon a thousand hills, if God is your father, is he rich? Who did He make gold and silver and diamond and rubies for? For u and ur pastr to look dwn on and call sin?
He God gives us All thngs RICHLY to enjoy.
If i invite u to dinner and order an assortment of dishes and u opt to only a sip and a nibble of all i laboured to provide how wud ur host feel? Insulted. He'll feel even mor insulted if street urchins com in to guzzle d goodies specially prepared 4 u cuz ur too proud and decieved to enjoy his benevolence! . God doesnt want money to own u but he wants u to be focused on him and his kingdom then all other things will b added to u.
Lastly, Jesus died and arose not so u'll sit idly waitg 4 heaven but so tht you will RULE AND REIGN in this life in other wrds you'll b restored to d position adam lost after d fall.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2013
kambo:

because if u get too rch , d sheer volume of d money will drag u to hell right?
God doesnt want u too rch cuz d poorer u ar d holier u ar? U see ur ,the christian manufacture ur OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS thru d volume of lack u can cope with or sickness and disease u can endure.!
Guy, Jesus became poor (relatively) so tht u , through his poverty can become rich.
The silver and the Gold is mine,saith the Lord, and the cattle upon a thousand hills, if God is your father, is he rich? Who did He make gold and silver and diamond and rubies for? For u and ur pastr to look dwn on and call sin?
He God gives us All thngs RICHLY to enjoy.
If i invite u to dinner and order an assortment of dishes and u opt to only a sip and a nibble of all i laboured to provide how wud ur host feel? Insulted. He'll feel even mor insulted if street urchins com in to guzzle d goodies specially prepared 4 u cuz ur too proud and decieved to enjoy his benevolence! . God doesnt want money to own u but he wants u to be focused on him and his kingdom then all other things will b added to u.
Lastly, died and arose not so u'll sit idly waitg 4 heaven but so tht you will RULE AND REIGN in this life in other wrds you'll b restored to d position adam lost after d fall.

I agree God has all these things in abundance, but isn't he the same person that tells you

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life(worry not about), what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

You do not only worry, you have a ministry for it.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 7:03am On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk: Na wa ooo, if u v personal bif for d man say so, instead of makin claims u cnt justify, u z d man only talks abt money..haba, dt ma frnd is nt true, u z d church is ful of y y bois n runs girls, bt pls did christ com for d righteous or rada sinners to repentance....and besyds ao many of services v u gone, unless u r lyk dose voyagers wu v a long telescope to view wats apenin in oda ppls home...dude if u v anyoda claims dt mk sense be sure to let us knw...enjoy
yes you are right, I have a personal beef with this man, and it stemmed from when I watched him slap a woman in front of his church, that was the most unchristianlike characteristic any christian could show, and even after he had made that grievous mistake, the man could not even offer an apology,

That goes to show u that he is a violent man, and I am sure he beats his wife at home, cos only a man who can assault a woman in the view of millions, can aSsault his wife in the confines of their homes, and he would call it "holy disturbance" wha a shyme,

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2013
Bidam: In as much as the Op was partly right in some of his views,he went above board by making derogatory remarks and negative abusive comments which generated such response he had in this thread.The remarks are very unchristian like and i doubt very much if the Op is a christian to start with. I am not against bishop oyedepo,neither am i holding fort for him in this regard but the truth is the prosperity message contains truths about faith and God’s help in financial areas. It rightly points to God’s promises concerning blessings for those who give generously.So in essence,it is very much biblical But sadly, it has led to a serious distortion of God’s Word by some. We want the blessings, and God is always set to bless us but we need to also avoid the pitfalls of: A perversion of poverty, A gravitation towards greed, and A penchant for pride,which i am afraid has led so many to their destruction.
from my understanding of the gospels jesus believed that wealth was an obstacle in one's quest for the kingdom of God, that was he said it would be difficult for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God, when u become too rich u tend to have a "God complex" u attribute everything to your self, u claim to have achieved these things cos u are principled and disciplined and u tend to forget that God put u where u are, and that my friends is what's happening to bishop oyedepo, the man thinks and the christian God are school mates.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 7:16am On Jun 28, 2013
1 Timothy 6
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

7 For we brought nothing into the world, and obviously we cannot take anything out of the world;
8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content (satisfied).
9 But those who crave to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish (useless, godless) and hurtful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction and miserable perishing.
10 For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many [e]acute [mental] pangs.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2013
kambo: @op if d bishop were a poor nobody , ud never giv him a dime to help fight poverty wth. But he's rich and u ar so vexed by his excessive richness (4 jets no b beans) tht u open a thread to poor ur venom on him!. Aint tht hypocritcl?

the bible says that the love for money is the root of all evil, so money should not be the sole message of any clergy man, it shouldn't even be a message at all, cos the bible says seek ye first the kingdom of god and his righteousness and every other thing shall be added unto u, but what bishop oyedepo is preaching is the opposite, he is preaching seek ye first the material things, and. The kingdom of God shall be given to u as a bonus, and that's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by sirjustus: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2013
Of a truth some people are possessed with demonic forces. For that reason the devil influences their actions. All they they do or say you wonder wether they are normal as to why can,t they think right. Be careful they do or say anything to influence you to join them. Atimes you join them with out knowing it and that is why certain thing may happen to your life and you don,t know why.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by bolaino(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2013
sir justus: Of a truth some people are possessed with demonic forces. For that reason the devil influences their actions. All they they do or say you wonder wether they are normal as to why can,t they think right. Be careful they do or say anything to influence you to join them. Atimes you join them with out knowing it and that is why certain thing may happen to your life and you don,t know why.
and the bottom line is? Are u for this topic or against?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Dapsy70sk: 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2013
@op n̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w i get i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅, persona bif cos ☀̤̣̈̇f d slap he gave a lady, buh  always sim †̥ wonda why d fuss abt d slap, ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ nt †̥ suport d act okay buh still why all d trobu almost everyday  seee policemen slap n haras women en route †̥ ma place ☀̤̣̈̇f work and no one sim †̥ care n i can rembr while growin up W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ get corrected outsyd wit beatins n slaps u get bak ђσмε †̥ report abt i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ u get beat up join...but wu cares abt d policemen or d conductors and §Φ on dt haras women cos δε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r nobody i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ quote  min wr were d human ryt activist whose offices were nearby but since dy aint billionaires n §Φ on nobody bodad †̥ do anyfin or say anyfin....i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ may b wrng n u may nt lyk i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ buh  tink W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ r bringin western culture I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ȍ ours W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ all knw elders discipline younger ones here but u dare nt try i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ dr... guess d bishop was zealous for d name ☀̤̣̈̇f christ, as christ was zealous for d temple ☀̤̣̈̇f God and also paul was more zealous he proclaimed blindness on a man....buh wu r W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ †̥ judge if by chance i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ ws a mistake does dt make him a fake or cheat pastor...plsss
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk: @op n̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w i get i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅, persona bif cos ☀̤̣̈̇f d slap he gave a lady, buh  always sim †̥ wonda why d fuss abt d slap, ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ nt †̥ suport d act okay buh still why all d trobu almost everyday  seee policemen slap n haras women en route †̥ ma place ☀̤̣̈̇f work and no one sim †̥ care n i can rembr while growin up W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ get corrected outsyd wit beatins n slaps u get bak ђσмε †̥ report abt i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ u get beat up join...but wu cares abt d policemen or d conductors and §Φ on dt haras women cos δε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r nobody i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ quote  min wr were d human ryt activist whose offices were nearby but since dy aint billionaires n §Φ on nobody bodad †̥ do anyfin or say anyfin....i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ may b wrng n u may nt lyk i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ buh  tink W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ r bringin western culture I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ȍ ours W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ all knw elders discipline younger ones here but u dare nt try i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ dr... guess d bishop was zealous for d name ☀̤̣̈̇f christ, as christ was zealous for d temple ☀̤̣̈̇f God and also paul was more zealous he proclaimed blindness on a man....buh wu r W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ †̥ judge if by chance i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ ws a mistake does dt make him a fake or cheat pastor...plsss

It isn't the slap par say that makes him a false teacher, He is a false teacher because he propagate a ministry and another gospel that has no precedence from the scripture.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
^^^^^
You understood the post above yours?

What device are you using?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by shdemidemi(m): 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
I used my short hand skills grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
lol
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by ezme(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dapsy70sk: @op n̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w i get i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅, persona bif cos ☀̤̣̈̇f d slap he gave a lady, buh  always sim †̥ wonda why d fuss abt d slap, ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ nt †̥ suport d act okay buh still why all d trobu almost everyday  seee policemen slap n haras women en route †̥ ma place ☀̤̣̈̇f work and no one sim †̥ care n i can rembr while growin up W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ get corrected outsyd wit beatins n slaps u get bak ђσмε †̥ report abt i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ u get beat up join...but wu cares abt d policemen or d conductors and §Φ on dt haras women cos δε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r nobody i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ quote  min wr were d human ryt activist whose offices were nearby but since dy aint billionaires n §Φ on nobody bodad †̥ do anyfin or say anyfin....i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ may b wrng n u may nt lyk i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ buh  tink W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ r bringin western culture I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ȍ ours W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ all knw elders discipline younger ones here but u dare nt try i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ dr... guess d bishop was zealous for d name ☀̤̣̈̇f christ, as christ was zealous for d temple ☀̤̣̈̇f God and also paul was more zealous he proclaimed blindness on a man....buh wu r W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ †̥ judge if by chance i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ ws a mistake does dt make him a fake or cheat pastor...plsss

@MOD would you be kind enough to place a ban on this handle?

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo, The "Money Man" by Dapsy70sk: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

It isn't the slap par say that makes him a false teacher, He is a false teacher because he propagate a ministry and another gospel that has no precedence from the scripture.

Has no precedence from scriptures?!!! Damn!!! Mehn be sure †̥ knw dt pple are gettin blessd tru him, ppl are bin won †̥ christ tru him, ppl make a livin tru him n ppls destiny are turn arnd tru him for dose wu attend his church... U see one tin i knw his dt God gives us pastrs prophets apostles n all dt and Ι†§ ♌φ†̥ a sin nt †̥ beliv in one but d oda buh i̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅ will b a sin †̥ start judgin, dts why u see difft denominatn but one body, if u dont lyk one u can g †̥ d oda buh ♌φ†̥ †̥ judge wats apenin @ d first becos ☀̤̣̈̇f d doctrines u cnt sim †̥ com †̥ terms wit...aftral jesus was nt accepted by all while he was here....buh †̥ say no precedence i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d scriptures †̥ bak dem up @ his church Ȋ̝̊̅§ way ova d top

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CONGRATULATIONS To Pastor Joe Agbaje / HELP!!! i am suffering from lust in my dreams / Best Marquee Tent Structure For Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.