Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:20 PM

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 - Sports (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (58664 Views)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:52am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

England drew 2-2 with this same Brazilian team that whooped Spain at the same venue, Maracana staduim, like a month ago.

And they beat the same team 2-1 at Wembley a few months ago.

Be scared of the pace of Theo Walcott and Chamberlain. wink
Friendlies are different from competitive matches. Nigeria also beat Catalonia(aka barcelona) in a friendlies. Does that mean they're better than them? if England is that good then why didn't they win the Euros and make it to the confed cup. Pls stop insulting football.

4 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by silvertuke(m): 1:52am On Jul 01, 2013
Dis Brazil small boys bad ooo see wetin them do 2 Spain, I nor knw say Spain self dey lost oooo, @ Torres always coming frm nowhere 2 steal d golden boot, @david Luiz he has 2 stay at Chelsea. Can dis brazil boys win D World Cup? I doubt.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:52am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

You're just a tiki-taka fanatic. I find it insane that you believe the Spaniards are favorites in next years WC.
Why did Spain lose this night? The answer is simple- a poor defence and a toothless attack. All they have is the midfield which can only control the game not win it.
Brazil has the a strong defence with disciplined defenders. In fact, this is the strongest defence I've ever seen in a Brazillian team.
Brazil will own teams next year, all they need is a powerful striker, someone like falcao or cavani and they're good to go.

You are just saying this because they won today. It doesn't guarantee dominance. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. In the recent friendly Brazil played England, I didn't se them that dominating.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 01, 2013
Lordave: what happened to papa Zidane?
Though choices differ, but I wasn't expecting someone with your knowledge of football to leave out papa Zidane from the list of his favourites.

I'm not a big fan of Zidane - just as I don't really like Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka(even when he was at Milan) and Xavi.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by abedoyin: 1:54am On Jul 01, 2013
Its clear that dat spanish football is nw weak,Spain nid to restrategise so dat dey could go far in WC,bt I'm tipin Germany for the WC,thumbs up to brazil, bt nt yet Best in the world,Spain still retains dai Post.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Friendlies are different from competitive matches. Nigeria also beat Catalonia(aka barcelona) in a friendlies. Does that mean they're better than them? if England is that good then why didn't they win the Euros and make it to the confed cup. Pls stop insulting football.

I'm not saying England has got a great team - I think the team is rubbish.

But they know how to grind out results.

You just can't write England off - that's a crime against the gods of football. grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:56am On Jul 01, 2013
charlesm91: nah not as skillfull as dinho but in the mould of cr7

Haba. He is one of the most Skillful players ever. What are you saying.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 1:57am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

England drew 2-2 with this same Brazilian team that whooped Spain at the same venue, Maracana staduim, like a month ago.

And they beat the same team 2-1 at Wembley a few months ago.

Be scared of the pace of Theo Walcott and Chamberlain. wink

That was a friendly game. A competitive game like the world cup is a whole nother ball game. Yeah, England know how to grind out results but i can't count how many times silly mistakes have cost them so much
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by lawizle(m): 1:59am On Jul 01, 2013
Youngtekkey: chai i will not eat for the next 20 days coz am nt happy that spain loose if u are a true spain fans join me in diz hunger strike winkchai i will not eat for the next 20 days coz am nt happy that spain loose if u are a true spain fans join me in diz hunger strike

Proudly supported by O.Y.O

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:59am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

Can you compare the teams of this era, to the ones of the 90s?

Let them prove how good they're in the next 10 yrs, then I'll start rating them.

90s: Holland had players from the golden era of Ajax; Portugal had the Luis Figo and Rui Costa of this world; Brazil had the Romario + Bebeto + Dunga era then the Ronaldo + Roberto Carlos + Rivaldo and subsequently Ronaldinho; France had the Zidane + Thuram + Desailly + Deschamps + Makelele + Trezeguet of this world; and Argentina had Batistuta + Zanetti + Ortega + Crespo + Samuel of this world. Italy had the likes of Cannavaro, Maldini, Del Piero, Totti, and Nesta.

Even England had the likes of Shearer, Beckham, Tony Adams, Ince, Owen and Steve Mcmanaman

The teams were not as great as the past, but they were not mediocres. That is what I said.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 01, 2013
2legit2qwt:

That was a friendly game. A competitive game like the world cup is a whole nother ball game. Yeah, England know how to grind out results but i can't count how many times silly mistakes have cost them so much

Apart from the last world cup when Germany crushed England - go check the other world cups, and peep what England is all about. They don't get knocked out easily - they lost most on penalties.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
They did. But then they were trying to use physical stength to outdo their team and they didn't have much of it. That's what gave the emergence of tiki-taka. With tiki-taka, it doesn't matter how small you are. As long as you can pass balls effectively coupled with a good ball control, you're good to go. That's the niche that Spain has carved for themselves. That's why i laugh when people say they should change their style of play.

Nope they didn't. They were just average players.
Spare me the lecture on the tiki-taka crap. It's been a football strategy for a long time, I think Ajax used to play like that? When it fails like systems do, you tweak it a little bit to get desired and not stick same old plan for ages. Its boring!
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

The teams were not as great as the past, but they were not mediocres. That is what I said.

They are - Spain peaked at the right time.

Most of the teams they played against were not that competitive.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:03am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Stop telling lies against the Big Phil. He wasn't Brazil's coach in the 2006 WC.

Scolari was the coach of Portugal and he played the 3rd place against Germany and lost 3-0. Schweinsteiger scored two long range goals. What isa lie about it. Do your research before talking, if you can't remember games.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Lordave: 2:05am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

I'm not calling them favourites. I'm just saying they can hold their own against anyone.

No one gave Germany a chance at the 2002 world cup; they struggled to qualify, and lost 5-1 to England during the qualifiers. A team with no big name - yet they got to the finals.
that reminds me of Greece during Euro2004, and also could be more reason why I should agree with Afam on USA staging a more intriguing performance in the upcoming WC than England.
I grab your point though.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 01, 2013
Choi! Na lie! lipsrsealed
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by free2ryhme: 2:07am On Jul 01, 2013
match don end make una go sleep.. Una wan dey pick popcorn from floor ni
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:08am On Jul 01, 2013
abedoyin: Its clear that dat spanish football is nw weak,Spain nid to restrategise so dat dey could go far in WC,bt I'm tipin Germany for the WC,thumbs up to brazil, bt nt yet Best in the world,Spain still retains dai Post.

Second is not that bad. Brazil didn't win the Copa America, that didn't mean they are bad.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Lordave: 2:08am On Jul 01, 2013
Richfella: Choi! Na lie! lipsrsealed
wetin be lie?
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Oahray: 2:08am On Jul 01, 2013
Which kind boring closing ceremony be this? undecided
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by lawizle(m): 2:09am On Jul 01, 2013
mama-gee:
It's funny how people are already downgrading Spain because they lost a tournament that had only 7 opposing teams. . .grin grin

Spanish players were tired and exhausted from Thursday's 122 minute match and looked like they just wanted to get into the plane and go home, they didn't value this tournament after playing a long and never ending semifinal match for a trophy that no team other than brazil have won, lol. grin grin

The tournament didn't even have a quarterfinals match and had just 3 strong teams, the competition, honor and class was so mediocre that even Tahiti qualified. grin grin

It looks like people are forgetting that no team have gone on to win the world cup after winning the confederations cup.

That simply says that this is a yogurt tournament and brazil have always won bread trophies and are nowhere to be found in huge tournaments.

The 2014 World Cup will prove that brazil's performance tonight was just a fluke. tongue

BS.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by mascot87(m): 2:12am On Jul 01, 2013
You guys should go to bed na undecided
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:12am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Scolari was the coach of Portugal and he played the 3rd place against Germany and lost 3-0. Schweinsteiger scored two long range goals. What isa lie about it. Do your research before talking, if you can't remember games.

I thought you said Brazil. . , my bad

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 2:13am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Nope they didn't. They were just average players.
Spare me the lecture on the tiki-taka crap. It's been a football strategy for a long time, I think Ajax used to play like that? When it fails like systems do, you tweak it a little bit to get desired and not stick same old plan for ages. Its boring!
They were above average players but they were not super stars like the current squad except for Raul, Morientes, Reyes and a few others.

I didn't say Spain invented tiki-taka but you have to agree that they invented the kind of tiki-taka that they play. This one is quite different from the one the dutch were known for.

There's a difference between tweaking and changing. A lot of people hate the tiki-taka all together. Did you not notice the way the Spaniards were being booed in this confederations cup whenever they started their passing game?

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:14am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

They are - Spain peaked at the right time.

Most of the teams they played against were not that competitive.

Were the Germans weak? What about the Dutch team? Argentina with Messi, Higuain, Aguero, Diego Milito. Portugal, Mexico which beat Argentina, Ghana, Uruguay.?. It is more than that. They are good. Just like when Bar a gave Mou's Real Madrid 5-0. Weren't Madrid strong?
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
They were above average players but they were not super stars like the current squad except for Raul, Morientes, Reyes and a few others.

I didn't say Spain invented tiki-taka but you have to agree that they invented the kind of tiki-taka that they play. This one is quite different from the one the dutch were known for.

There's a difference between tweaking and changing. A lot of people hate the tiki-taka all together. Did you not notice the way the Spaniards were being booed in this confederations cup whenever they started their passing game?

It's not different.

Spain copied it from Barcelona and Johan Cruyff introduced that style of football to Barcelona.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by supaeagles(m): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2013
Oahray: Which kind boring closing ceremony be this? undecided
you miss the main closing ceremony .... brazil hammering 3 inside spain goalpost
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:18am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

I thought you said Brazil. . , my bad

No stress. I just hate being linked to lies.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Were the Germans weak? What about the Dutch team? Argentina with Messi, Higuain, Aguero, Diego Milito. Portugal, Mexico which beat Argentina, Ghana, Uruguay.?. It is more than that. They are good. Just like when Bar a gave Mou's Real Madrid 5-0. Weren't Madrid strong?

The last great German team was the Euro 96 squad.

As for Argentina; which of the strikers that you cited is as great as either Crespo or Batistuta?

Who's their Ortega or Aimar? Who's their Zanetti, Diego Simeone, and Samuel? undecided

Can you compare this Portuguese team to the Luis Figo and Rui Costa era? undecided
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:

PEOPLE HATE WHAT THEY CAN'T CONQUER,
HATE WHAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by inaiduna(m): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2013
WOW!!! This is what i will term "golden spanking" shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

The last great German team was the Euro 96 squad.

As for Argentina; which of the strikers that you cited is as great as either Crespo or Batistuta?

Who's their Ortega or Aimar? Who's their Zanetti, Diego Simeone, and Samuel? undecided

Can you compare this Portuguese team to the Luis Figo and Rui Costa era? undecided

You are missing the point. They might not have been as great as the past, but they are not mediocre. Mind you Higuain has mad stats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) / If You Were A Coach & Met This Kind Of Squad, Would You Manage Them? (Photo) / Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.