Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,396 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? (10483 Views)

A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike / What Brand Name Wristwatch Do U Wear? / Where To Buy Designer Jeans In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
Gombs:

Bwhahhaahhahah..haha

Sir, dat na suicide na..but I dnt need expensives to look good or smart...dats my point sir!

Gbam!

The truth is that when once you cross a certain financial level, Omo you can wear night gown to church and people no go vex.. But as we dey now, if we try am!!

However, I do agree absolutely that looking sharp and smart Isnt necessarily a function of expensive outfits..

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Nomski0(f): 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
i guess when you have the money, you can totally afford designer brands. When you dont have extra cash to spare, designer brands become a big deal. Cut your coat according to the size of your pocket. As for me, when i'm done with making my money, na designer brands all the way. :Di guess when you have the money, you can totally afford designer brands. When you dont have extra cash to spare, designer brands become a big deal. Cut your coat according to the size of your pocket. As for me, when i'm done with making my money, na designer brands all the way.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
This post has been hidden.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by ammyammy: 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
designers tends 2 hv gud quality so dats y I prefer products wit brand.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by UyiIredia(m): 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Elxandre:

Its not common sense! Its not having enough most times!

Who wears a N1500 wrist watch when they are in money?
You are addressed the way you are dressed.

Real bosses wear stuff like Rolex, hublot e.t.c

When you accrue that 50 million you're talking about, you wouldnt want to be caught dead rocking a rubber watch and tasteless suits.

Yet I once saw Wizkid in a magazine picture sporting a G-Shock atop a Giorgio Armani suit.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Xano(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
sexyfire911: They sell designers at oil mill market, go there u will come back n thank me angry

lol. maam, easy.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by captainnigeria(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Coming frm a broke ass biatch
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by biafranqueen: 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Some things are better to buy at higher quality so it will last longer and you don't have to keep buying it.
In the business world money attracts money. You need at least one or two power outfits that you wear to important conferences that are classic.
I personally would never wear something where the brand name is visible to the public.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by nairalad: 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
Designer earns me respect among my peers and enemies.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by devour129: 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
Gombs:

Tis not stinginess...tis called 'common sense'

Ok, why buy a car of N50million?? While I can buy a 3m car, feed a couple of folks, help OJB dem and make seun an offer he can't turn down?

If I shd buy a car of 50mil, den it must be able to generate electricity n go for a cruise on the atlantic

Btw, are you yoruba?
Lol
am not Yoruba but I love them die
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
darelar: Omo iye mi o. IJEBU ibosi we ti wa ke.

Egbon! Ijebu-Igbo le mi ti wa... Eyin nko?
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by maninmood(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Gombs:

Ok, why buy a car of N50million?? While I can buy a 3m car, feed a couple of folks, help OJB dem and make seun an offer he can't turn down?

If I shd buy a car of 50mil, den it must be able to generate electricity n go for a cruise on the atlantic

Btw, are you yoruba?
Lol

50million can't even build a posh duplex on lagos island
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Elxandre(m): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Yet I once saw Wizkid in a magazine picture sporting a G-Shock atop a Giorgio Armani suit.

do i need to waste my keypad's lifespan telling you G-shock is a designer watch?
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by whitecat007: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin

Yoshi-Master:
Why is it that in designer restaurants the food is always smaller portioned that at non-designer restaurants?

You go to a non-designer restaurant, you get a big plate of rice and chicken, with salad, and bread rolls.

You go to a designer restaurant, you get two leafs, one spoon of rice in between, a pretty sliced tomato, and some "special" sauce.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by whitecat007: 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
And we rock too! ha ha! grin grin

nbright: Ijebu babes are in abundance here o
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by abujalapdog(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Gombs:

Btw, are you yoruba?
Lol

Like to be your friend when you are rich. If you cant buy expensive quality products as a car you have said ,i will use your offer to drive them for you ok. its called common sense.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by whitecat007: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
I can't buy $30,000 Rolex even if I pick $100m by the road side. Only few make this type of purchase cash. Most celebrities rent or put their purchases from wedding rings to red carpet events diamonds on credit cards for monthly payments.

Still on common sense

Elxandre:

Its not common sense! Its not having enough most times!

Who wears a N1500 wrist watch when they are in money?
You are addressed the way you are dressed.

Real bosses wear stuff like Rolex, hublot e.t.c

When you accrue that 50 million you're talking about, you wouldnt want to be caught dead rocking a rubber watch and tasteless suits.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by frodobee: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Why do I buy designer labels;

1. Perfection: These Labels put in more effort into everything. E.g.. China would give you a well made knock-off Designer sunglasses, but you havent known Quality shades until you wear a Polarized lens or a truly 100% UV protective lens. Move past lenses to finishing.. I have my tailors in Naija that make really killer outfits, but when you place a Vera Wang wedding gown next to a Chidinma Tailored gown, the Difference is OBVIOUS. When you wear a 100% authentic designer outfit, you feel a ceraatin level of confidence.

2. Quality: Try spraying a Tom Ford Perfume and one of these random perfumes you find on the streets.. Then you'll understand. Everything is taken into consideration. A Handbag made from Crocodile skin is truly made from croc skin and not synthetic material that would tear after a few weeks.

3. Class: It sets you apart from the rest. Thats why those who wear the fake suits would leave the fake designer tags on it just to make people recognize them. Well!! A Man who knows the quality of what he is wearing does not need to advertise it.. #Game recognize game.

4. Durability: Top of the line designer stuffs last longer as most times they are hand crafted and not factory sewn.

5. Mark of quality.. Thats why you know the name. grin

6. And most importantly, I can afford it.. SO why not! [/b]
I ve forgotten that musician that sang that line 'tell them'.
That other dude that said if he had money like Warren he would still buy 200naira shade, i bet you will never make money. Money is meant to be spent not kept. Money is means not an end. If you have it- i repeat if you have it, use it. If you dont have it, work to earn it and dont envy those who earned it plus how they spend it. For me, designer all the way.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
whitecat007: I can't buy $30,000 Rolex even if I pick $100m by the road side. Only few make this type of purchase cash. Most celebrities rent or put their purchases from wedding rings to red carpet events diamonds on credit cards for monthly payments.

Still on common sense

Just so you know... A 30,000 USD Rolex timepiece (Oyster perpetual) is more than just a wristwatch... Its an investment. Resale value of such wristwatches grow with time.

Recognize Quality bruv..
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2013
Talk of durability and style
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by loswhite(m): 12:50am On Jun 29, 2013
Gombs: I dnt buy designers o..except dem dash me

Now dat has nothing to do with "you don't av d money"

Dressing smart n good has nothing to do with expensiveness of ones clothes or accessories, why buy a shirt for 15k when I cud get agood one for 3k or less?

God know even if am warren buffet, na N200 sunglasses I go put for eye instead of 30k+ glasses..shey na sun all of them dey block?

D oda day I got an adidas digital watch for 1k5. Tis simple, black and light...very adorable...tells me time too...why wud I need buy a wrist watch of 40k then?...I mean, why?

Lol
but we get rubber watch wen dem dey sell 4 300 naira wen go still tell u time na but u go 4 1k5 na. By d way u can say wat u will do if u were warren buffet Js wait till u experience quarter of the moni b4 u start to talk jor
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by loswhite(m): 12:59am On Jun 29, 2013
Gombs:

Btw, are you yoruba?
Lol
poor man mentality.buying 50 mil car doesn't stop u frm helping ppl Js d way buying 3mil car will not make u help ppl. It is all abt wat u can afford and not go broke because u want designers
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by loswhite(m): 3:10am On Jun 29, 2013
whitecat007: I can't buy $30,000 Rolex even if I pick $100m by the road side. Only few make this type of purchase cash. Most celebrities rent or put their purchases from wedding rings to red carpet events diamonds on credit cards for monthly payments.

Still on common sense

grin u still dey primary skool wen u go dey think like dis"if I pick $100m by d road side"
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Mamacita007(f): 3:22am On Jun 29, 2013
I.Joan:
As a sharp ijebu girl!

Price([size=2pt]very[/size] low), Fitness and Quality in that order!!!

impress tani?
wey dem?
dey don kpai... tongue

lloooooll no fall my hand. u never hear say naija govt wan ban all kain nylon & plastic bag from next yr, na louis vuitton pesin go dey carry enter market llooooll
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by InvertedHammer: 5:26am On Jun 29, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Why do I buy designer labels;

1. Perfection: These Labels put in more effort into everything. E.g.. China would give you a well made knock-off Designer sunglasses, but you havent known Quality shades until you wear a Polarized lens or a truly 100% UV protective lens. Move past lenses to finishing.. I have my tailors in Naija that make really killer outfits, but when you place a Vera Wang wedding gown next to a Chidinma Tailored gown, the Difference is OBVIOUS. When you wear a 100% authentic designer outfit, you feel a ceraatin level of confidence.

2. Quality: Try spraying a Tom Ford Perfume and one of these random perfumes you find on the streets.. Then you'll understand. Everything is taken into consideration. A Handbag made from Crocodile skin is truly made from croc skin and not synthetic material that would tear after a few weeks.

3. Class: It sets you apart from the rest. Thats why those who wear the fake suits would leave the fake designer tags on it just to make people recognize them. Well!! A Man who knows the quality of what he is wearing does not need to advertise it.. #Game recognize game.

4. Durability: Top of the line designer stuffs last longer as most times they are hand crafted and not factory sewn.

5. Mark of quality.. Thats why you know the name. grin

6. And most importantly, I can afford it.. SO why not! [/b]

[b]
Interesting read. You just concluded that if it does not have a designer label on it, it becomes automatically fake.
Are you mixing the question: Designers vs. bland? OR Designers vs. knock-offs?

Personally, if it fits my taste, I buy. If you look at the Men's Fashion Magazines sometimes, you cannot help but wonder who dresses those guys. I have seen people wear designers for the heck of it and end up looking worse than ever.

The same company in China makes Gucci, Prada and bland eye glasses. Same design, but different labels and different prices. $250, $180 and $45 respectively. The bland does not have to worry about cost of advertising and bogus overhead. And that's what buyers are paying for b/c if you are smart enough you should be able to know good materials from bad ones. Go figure!

And you know the biblical saying---a fool and his money are easily parted. Eve Mike Tyson donning his extravagant toga testified that "no matter how much effort you put in making money, there are people who work twice as hard to separate you from it. Among those people are marketers. Pekele and plantain chips anyone?

Yeah! Just like fools that pay more to own Infinity instead of Nissan, Lexus instead of Toyota, Lincoln instead of Ford. You are driving the same thing!
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by leonardpac: 8:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Gombs: I dnt buy designers o..except dem dash me

Now dat has nothing to do with "you don't av d money"

Dressing smart n good has nothing to do with expensiveness of ones clothes or accessories, why buy a shirt for 15k when I cud get agood one for 3k or less?

God know even if am warren buffet, na N200 sunglasses I go put for eye instead of 30k+ glasses..shey na sun all of them dey block?

D oda day I got an adidas digital watch for 1k5. Tis simple, black and light...very adorable...tells me time too...why wud I need buy a wrist watch of 40k then?...I mean, why?

Lol
from the comment above, I see nothing but POVERTY trying to put up some defense.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Johnson4love: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2013
Original person must luk 4 original things.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by bknight: 8:51am On Jun 29, 2013
#assuming the money is there.

Quality first. Not necessarily expensive names.
Fortunately...Quality is expensive!

U go for smart looks, but u get to use more shirts in a year looking smart than buying quality.

I care about quality, not designer names. If I want a quality 75k wrists worth its price, I simply save for it. If it takes a year and won't wear a wristwatch in that year until I get what suits my taste.

Don't get defensive, Its no crime to naturally have low taste. have ur own reasons for it, just don't feel inferior looking 'smart' beside the one wearing quality.
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Revolva(m): 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
hey well who does not want a designers shirt of glasses...its all about Money ..n class....look Good....enjoy ya life....cut ya coat according to your size.....
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2013
Okija_juju:

Just so you know... A 30,000 USD Rolex timepiece (Oyster perpetual) is more than just a wristwatch... Its an investment. Resale value of such wristwatches grow with time.

Recognize Quality bruv..

suckered by the ads cheesy
Re: Why Would You Buy Designer Stuff, Brand Name Or Fit? by HolyHolla(m): 9:11am On Jun 30, 2013
Most of what I wear are designer stuff. Not that they necessarily have to be expensive, but they've got to be exquisite, uncommon, with good cut and fitting. I use till I'm tired, then pass on to someone who'll think I'm giving him almost brand new stuff. Ask me again, why do I buy designer stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vovi Cream / Thinking Traditional Marriage? Check Out Lovely Ankara Styles For The Occasion / Get That Flawless Look In 7days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.