Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:57 PM

Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack (2711 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? / The Near Death Experience (light At The End Of The Tunnel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2013
^^^

Whose authority am I rebelling against, yours ?

My dear, you need to be saved and know the real gospel, so far you are way off mark , especially with these demonic, satanic out of body experiences you keep promoting.
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Whose authority am I rebelling against, yours ?

My dear, you need to be saved and know the real gospel, so far you are way off mark , especially with these demonic, satanic out of body experiences you keep promoting.

Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^^

If SATAN is not yet in HELL prepared for him and his angels, then I can say 100% that no one is in HELL.

smiley
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

If SATAN is not yet in HELL prepared for him and his angels, then I can say 100% that no one is in HELL.

smiley

Why did you prefix your assertion with the word "if"?
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
CHAPTER ONE – THE BIG O.E.

There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

In 1980 when I was 24 years old I set out on an adventure that would change my life. I had been born and raised in New Zealand. My parents were good, stable people. They were schoolteachers, and because of this we had moved towns often, relocating in various fairly rural areas. I had two siblings and together we enjoyed a lot of things that New Zealand children take for granted, such as summer holidays at the beach. From a young age I reveled in the sea.

I completed a university degree in agriculture at Lincoln University and then worked for two years as a farm consultant with the New Zealand Dairy Board. I loved farming. I was an outdoor person, and thrived while working in the great outdoors. Most of my weekends were spent diving, surfing, tramping, and playing all kinds of sports.

Once I had saved some money I got the urge to travel. In New Zealand a phenomenal number of young people travel overseas before they settle into a career. It’s a phenomena fondly termed ‘The Big O.E.’ At the start of 1980, my best friend and I decided to sell our worldly possessions and head out on a surfing safari, an ‘endless summer’ holiday.

So off we went with our surfboards under our arms. We flew to Sydney, Australia first and then surfed our way up the East Coast of Australia to Surfers Paradise. We travelled light and stayed in the cheapest accommodation we could find, while spending our days catching good waves at Dee Why, Fosters, Lennox Heads, Byron Bay and Burleigh Heads.

We decided to hitch hike up through the outbacks to Darwin, which was a wild experience to say the least.

We carried on to Bali in Indonesia, where we surfed Kuta Reef, then took our chances surfing Uluwatu, an amazing left-hand reef break. We also visited a few Hindu & Buddhist temple sites before continuing on overland through Java.

As we travelled through Asia the people often asked us if we were Christians, presumably because we were white skinned. The question challenged me because I had been brought up in a Christian family, but I wasn’t sure if I should call myself a Christian.

I was raised an Anglican and at the age of 14 years I was confirmed in the church. I used to pray as a child and go to Sunday School and youth group, and yet I’d never really had a personal experience with God. I remember coming out of the church on the day of my confirmation quite disillusioned. Nothing seemed to have happened. So I asked my mother if God had ever spoken personally to her. My mother turned to me and she said, “God does speak and he is real”. She shared how she had cried out to God in a time of tragedy and He had answered her. So I asked her why God hadn’t ever spoken to me. She replied, “Often it takes a tragedy to humble us. Men by nature tend to be quite proud”. I retorted “I’m not that kind of person, I’m not proud”. But when I reflect on it, I was really proud.

My mother said, “I’m not going to force you to come to church. But remember this one thing. Whatever you do in life, wherever you go, no matter how far you think you’ve gone away from God, remember this one thing; if you’re in trouble and in need, cry out to God from your heart, and he will hear you. He will really hear you and forgive you.” I remembered those words. They stuck in my mind. But I decided that rather than be a hypocrite I wouldn’t go back to church because I had never really had an experience with God. It was basically just religion to me.

My friend and I travelled on up through Java, Singapore, Tiomen Island and into Malaysia. Then my friend decided to take a ferry to Madras, India, while I travelled to Colombo, Sri Lanka with a Dutch woman we had met up with.

Once there, I made my way up the coast to surf Arugum Bay. After a month of awesome waves my visa was running out so I returned to Colombo.

I made some Tamil friends who took me to their Hindu Temple in town and then to the hidden city of Katragarma. While I was at this sacred city I had my first supernatural experience. I was looking at an idol and I began to see its lips move. It was an experience outside of my comfort zone and I wanted to leave immediately.

While I was living with my hosts I observed that each day they would offer food to the household idol the elephant god Garnesh. Some days they would clothe it, other days bath it in milk or water. To me it seemed strange that a person could believe a stone idol could be a god, as some one had obviously made it with their own hands.

Looking at that stone statue one day I felt an evil yet powerful presence emanating from it and I felt intimidated. Then into my mind these words came, “You shall have no other God but me and you shall not bow down to any graven image or idol.” Immediately I realised that this was one of the Ten Commandments and I began to reflect on these words that I had heard way back at Sunday school.

In my own way I was looking for the ‘meaning to life’. At times I was an atheist and at other times a ‘free thinker’. I wanted to experience every thing that life had to offer. In those years I never wore a watch … I lived in a timeless zone of sunrises & sunsets.

When I returned to Arugam Bay I managed to get a crewing position on a 96-foot schooner called the “Constellation”. We sailed out of Sri Lanka in the middle of the night en route for Africa. Twenty-six days later we arrived in Port Louis harbour on the island paradise of Mauritius.

While on this island I ended up in Tamarin Bay living among the local Creole fishermen and surfers. They accepted me into their lives and taught me to night dive on the outer reefs. Night diving is an incredible experience. The crayfish come out at night and you can blind them with your under water flashlight and just pick them up. The fish go to sleep at night and you only need to decide which one you want to spear for dinner.

After surfing my heart out on Tamarin’s very fast left-hand reef break I was running out of money. So I headed to South Africa where I found a job teaching windsurfing and water-skiing. Amazingly they actually paid me to do this! I surfed Jeffreys Bay and Elands Bay and visited some of the world famous animal reserves.

My desire was to travel over land through Africa to Europe but my plans were completely changed when I heard from New Zealand that my younger brother was planning to get married. I wanted to be at his wedding so I decided to return to New Zealand via Reunion Island, Mauritius and Australia.

At my stopover in Reunion I found an amazing surf break called St Leu where I had some great waves to myself. It was March 1982 and I’d been travelling now for nearly two years, often sleeping in a tent on beaches and living like a nomad.

To be continued.
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2013
Come, See And Encounter

The God that cannot fail@

Deeper Life Conference Centre

Km 42, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

20-21 July 2013

Saturday 18:00 hours (6:00 PM)

Sunday 08:00 hours (08:00 AM)

http://www.dclm.org/

Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Esiri111(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
frosbel:

Paul did not leave his body, he had a vision and so did John.

Paul said "...whether out of the body or in the body he cannot tell..." 2 Cor 12:2
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Liveair: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hey hey! Frosbel has asked a Simple question yet you all are proving not to have any answer to it.
Jesus said before him no one had gone to heaven. Where then did Elijah and Enoch go?

Revelation 20 stated that there shall be a lake of fire where Satan and his angels will be cast.
It also states that there shall be judgement after the end and the dead shall rise to be judged. Anyone whose name isn't in the book shall be sent to hell.

If this order is clearly stated, which Heaven/Hell did these your visioners go to when the dead have not risen and judgement hasn't taken place?

1 Like

Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by qstar(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
@Liveair.

You forgot that there'll be a war, first.
"God & his allies" vs "Satan & his allies". grin

1 Like

Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Liveair: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
qstar: @Liveair.

You forgot that there'll be a war, first.
"God & his allies" vs "Satan & his allies". grin

You mean Rev 19:19? Maybe they forgot too.
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by qstar(m): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Liveair:
You mean Rev 19:19? Maybe they forgot too.

Gaddem! That battle's gonna be bloody. But, we're better off. Since we do not belong to any group.

We'll be watching from the stands. Whoever wins, i'll follow. grin
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Liveair: Hey hey! Frosbel has asked a Simple question yet you all are proving not to have any answer to it.
Jesus said before him no one had gone to heaven. Where then did Elijah and Enoch go?

Revelation 20 stated that there shall be a lake of fire where Satan and his angels will be cast.
It also states that there shall be judgement after the end and the dead shall rise to be judged. Anyone whose name isn't in the book shall be sent to hell.

If this order is clearly stated, which Heaven/Hell did these your visioners go to when the dead have not risen and judgement hasn't taken place?

You deserve an award !

1 Like

Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Liveair: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
qstar:

Gaddem! That battle's gonna be bloody. But, we're better off. Since we do not belong to any group.

We'll be watching from the stands. Whoever wins, i'll follow. grin

With some popcorn.
Re: Athiest Had An Near Death Experience - Ian Mccormack by Liveair: 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
frosbel:

You deserve an award !
Award? It should be your, having shown your understanding of the bible is better than most.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Manners In Islam: Illuminating The Non-muslims / Weirdest Moments In The Bible / The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.