Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) (19089 Views)

3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal / Iran Unveils Homemade Stealth Fighter Jet (Pictures & Video) / Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by ITbomb(m): 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2013
lineal:

Just because you don't see the aides doesn't mean they're not there. Why are you people so gullible and so down on your own kind?
I think u r the one who is gullible.
Why can't the Nigerian security aides remain unnoticed in the background instead of banishing guns when politicians are moving.
Bow to superior intelligence when u see one

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Policewoman: Pls when will Obama visit Nigeria?
tomorrow. Or perhaps, the moment your government legalizes gay marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
underscore: President Barack Obama has spent the afternoon touring a Senegalese island where Africans were shipped across the Atlantic into slavery and he called the visit a 'very powerful moment.' Obama says visiting Goree Island Thursday with his family helps them fully appreciate the magnitude of the slave trade. They toured the museum at the Maison des Esclaves where slaves were gathered before going through the 'Door of No Return' and being forced onto ships bound for North America. Obama also said that, as an African American and an African-American president, the trip gaves him even greater motivation to stand up for human rights around the world, and the visit came just hours after he clashed with his Senegalese hosts over gay rights. He said the island is a reminder of what happens when civil rights are not protected.
How touching! I hope to visit this place with my family as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axub7HA1UMU

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1175743_obama1_jpgc95f794d1a96ea898b8ab1e91991ac73[/img]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350084/Obama-makes-emotional-visit-slave-shipping-port-just-hours-clashing-Senegalese-president-countrys-anti-gay-laws.html
http://trendysturvs..com/2013/06/video-photos-obamas-emotional-trip-to.html

You have not even visited the slave port in Calabar Nigeria, nah the one in senegal you wan visit...

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Damn! I almost did not recognize Sasha at all. Those girls are grown now.
but you have never known the face of your President's daughter.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
Chillisauce:

That's was tears of joy!

grin grin

Am sure she is thanking her God that she and her kids didn't go through this
I just loosen my belt then comot my singlet dey laff my way to sa...that pishure na....buhehahahahahahahehe
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
guy1234: See how simple they look, very modest without thronge of aides hovering around them.

Stop deceiving yourself, the american president travels outside the country with at least 200 security services men. Not to say a trip he embarked on with his whole family. Did you read that roads were unmotorable in Senegal for 3 days
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Godson201333(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
They look happier and Healthier,Lets see Jonathan and family pics then i can judge!!
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
some-girl:

He is the president of America not Africa
there is what is called 'international ties'. Go ask around, baby.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
Beaf!:
The Big girl on the far right is NOT Sasha.

Will Dame and her Husband ever appear this simple?
Patience and her husband are always in traditional outfits. GEJ's attire and hat are American ba? Patience' traditionals are originally from western world ni?

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
Beaf!:
The Big girl on the far right is NOT Sasha.

Will Dame and her Husband ever appear this simple?
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by somegirl1: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
maxwello.yg:

there is what is called 'international ties'. Go ask around, baby.

Ok.
So what have Jonathan and other African presidents done for America?

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by adrainuche(m): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
Izrhiell: O boy calm down.
abi my broda d girls dun suppose dey collect D na for twitter na I go tell her make she self come see real slaves for Naija !!!!
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
A-town:

Like they had a choice. Slaves were forcefully taken until the slave owner realized they were losing "strong" slaves to "rebellion" and decided to strike deals with chiefs and kings. If Africans didn't play ball, they would have forcefully taken the slaves anyway. The keyword here is GUN beats arrows.

When will we AFricans learn to accept RESPONSIBILITY in our life
Why did other races, Asians, Indians, Arabs not sell their kiths & kins MASSIVELY to the whites as we did?
Do the white people not accept responsibility for their atrocities over the years in wars up to WW2?
When the whites' conscience was pricked and they stopped trading in slaves our African ancestors wrote asking that they should continue. shocked shocked shocked

BTW, I have visited both former slave centres in Ghana and Senegal. I was very ashamed to hear that most of the slaves through Senegal centre were my fellow yorubas.
Terrible!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Hoodrat(m): 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Is he a tourist or on vacation to africa? wtf is he loking for in africa after bombing africa and selling his own people to co-operation. Welcome the Gay president to africa.

2 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Ilaje44(m): 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
jennykadry:

Live in denial all you want ,darling. kiss

I dont believe he is living in denial, rather he is clueless about his history. While I was in school in the Seventies and Eigties, we were not thought much about it, and I do not think the slave trade (transatlantic and transsahara) makes a huge part of the curriculum today too. How would we learn from past mistakes when there is no teaching about them? The Nigerian govt is not even taking care of the monuments in her jurisdiction.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
Yoruba people have the mind set of slave.. and they are not able to face the govt even when they are cheated. they think jonathan been president.. you cant correct him.. President or no presdient jonathan is bind to obey what his fore father sign.

Here is the issue.

if you look at the independent act, it set you people free.

It state.
The word "without prejudice to subsection 2" . it means nothing in subsection 2 " can be used as evidence in any legally court of law .

what it means is that Jonathan can not take us to court for forming the government of western nigeria or the flag etc. because that is what was in place..

that was why Queen of england.. Wrote the act that way.. that there most be western Nigeria, eastern nigeria and northern nigeria.

And nothing , I mean nothing, No military coup, No Nigeria law or review of the constitution shall make the government of western nigeria, eastern nigeria or northern nigeria invalid before and after the date of 1st of october 1960. the name nigeria is just a name... occupation was what lead to all of this in nigeria.. that why nigeria had military govt for 40 years.

please go meet international lawyers.. so it force the USA govt and canada and britain to recognized Western Nigeria and its government..

And when we went to the united nation asking for a seat , it is because we know that nigeria is a union. not a country.. 3 slot is better than 1 slot at the united nation.. we can not apply for other nigerian. but we can apply for ourself.

Look one of the way they create jobs for youth is sport and it create jobs in other sectors too. we have international law backing us.. the government of Goodluck Jonathan is an illegal govt and have been so since the 60's.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Ibime(m): 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wetin dis Obama daughter dey chop.

11 year old wey height im mama and papa. Abi dem dey put growth hormone inside white house food?
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Horus(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
[img]http://obamadiary.files./2013/06/663.jpg?w=818&h=546[/img]

Looking out a prison cell window on Goree Island
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Swinger007: 10:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
clemmonce: i weep for people like you. so should be the one to fix your roads,fix electricity and so on. do u knw how much the usa give Africa yearly. mr man go sleep

u have no idea what u are talking about, africa do not need the aid/money america is giving us, what we demand from america is simple.. fair trade in the world market for our produce, stop selling guns and amunition to african countries amongst other.. with regards to the money they give to africa, like the old adage says, however pay the piper plays the tune.. they give us their so called aid to control our culture and dictate to us an example is the gay issue and many more, why isnt obama going to middle east and lecture them about gay parade or gay rights?

3 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by nijanigga: 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Chillisauce:

That's was tears of joy!

grin grin

Am sure she is thanking her God that she and her kids didn't go through this
For me this is best response.Thou comical,but it's the reality.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by levos2007(m): 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
Chillisauce: Nice one, their forefathers paid the prize...

If not for slave thread , we Africans will still be struggling here, killing one another because meat go do finish for bush grin
U must be young to make that comment.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
Na only Nigeria no get slave castles o!

E be like say as Oyinbo people commot, Nigerians para destroy all..

Ghana get plenty, Ivory Coast get, Senegal get, but none in Nigeria..
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Horus(m): 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 12:03am On Jun 29, 2013
you can not built your economy without using the USA dollar because it is the only meduim most country use.. So for you to return back to 3 nation is your best interest,. that why you can get more USA dollar to use to build factories. why do people bid for usa dollar in nigeria. because there are not enough for companies to buy from.,
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by coretechng(m): 12:11am On Jun 29, 2013
mobuch:
Men, these obama girls done big o.
Who has their facebook I.D?

See gobe tongue tongue tongue
The no get ooo.Sorry ooo. grin grin grin
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 2:58am On Jun 29, 2013
Swinger007:

u have no idea what u are talking about, africa do not need the aid/money america is giving us, what we demand from america is simple.. fair trade in the world market for our produce, stop selling guns and amunition to african countries amongst other.. with regards to the money they give to africa, like the old adage says, however pay the piper plays the tune.. they give us their so called aid to control our culture and dictate to us an example is the gay issue and many more, why isnt obama going to middle east and lecture them about gay parade or gay rights?

You as well as most black Africans obviously do not (or choose not to) understand what the issues are.
Could it be our usual reflex of AVOIDING responsibility

Why do we accept America's aid/money if we don't need it?
Why should America "give fair trade to our PRODUCE"?
Is it in their ECONOMIC interest to do so?
Did they give China fair trade for their PRODUCTS?
Do you, as an individual, GIVE fair trade to others whom you deal with on a daily basis when you have greater bargaining power?
If you don't, why do you think someone else or another group of people/society should?
Could it be because they are rational or irrational like you?

If we are ready and willing (even EAGER) to buy their guns and ammunitions since we are INCAPABLE of producing them ourselves, why should they stop selling to us?
Does your own point make sense to you?
How often have YOU refused selling something (including your skills to an employer) to a willing buyer from whom you can make the best profit?
If we don't want anyone controlling our culture by SEEKING & ACCEPTING their aid money, don't you think the solution lies simply in surviving on our own through INITIAL (usually for a limited but long period) great sacrifice as the East Asian ECONOMIC tigers have done over so many past DECADES and are NOW growing their middle class?
I hope you agree that as an individual who does not want to become an adult without control over your own life, you sacrifice as a youth by building skills to EARN a living ADEQUATELY.
You seem to forget another old adage:

A beggar has no choice!!!

Again I ask, in an extended family, how much respect is given to a whiner who contributes nothing financially and materially to family endeavours
That is the relationship between individuals in a family.
Why should the scenario be different in the bigger society and relationship between nations?
We should REFLECT deeply on these things!!!

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:02am On Jun 29, 2013
Policewoman: Pls when will Obama visit Nigeria?

He shouldn't even come, what will that add to the country.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:10am On Jun 29, 2013
Okija_juju: Okay!!

So Obama has seen half the shiit those white boys put us through. He should Visit Ghana as well and see the Castles in Cape Coast.. Then go back and ask himself one question;

How has his presidency helped Africa/Africans.. No be to come snap Photo go back go lounge inside White house.

He doesn't need to help Africa. Why do Africans keep on giving this westerners more power. Nothing good comes from westerners going into Africa talk less of helping, it is either natural resources are tampered with or great leaders in Africa that don't like them are killed. e.g MKO Abiola, Gaddafi. Just because Obama's father is african does not mean that his duty is to help africa, don't forget, his mom is white. He is not Moses of Africa. He is the president of USA not the whole world. Stop asking for help. Those who ask for help are slaves to those who give help.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 3:15am On Jun 29, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

He doesn't need to help Africa. Why do Africans keep on giving this westerners more power. Nothing good comes from westerners going into Africa talk less of helping, it is either natural resources are tampered with or great leaders in Africa that don't like them are killed. e.g MKO Abiola, Gaddafi. Just because Obama's father is african does not mean that his duty is to help africa, don't forget, his mom is white. He is not Moses of Africa. He is the president of USA not the whole world. Stop asking for help. Those who ask for help are slaves to those who give help.

Some generally good points but the bold portion must be joke. Not so
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:33am On Jun 29, 2013
supaeagles: another victim of Fox News .... tongue

You are blinded. You know nothing yet accused someone of being a victim of News.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:43am On Jun 29, 2013
Chillisauce:

He shouldn't be crying na! After all, if no slave trade, he wouldn't have been Americans president..

He should just flex abeg

First of all
- He wasn't crying, it was his wife.
Secondly, Obama ancestors didn't come from slave trade because father was an African, full blooded who traveled to america on student visa. His mother is white full blooded white. So whether slave trade or not He would still be President even though he is not qualified to be considered a presidential candidate because both parents have to be US born -citizens which his father isn't which makes me suspicious of him

Bottom line is Obama didn't experience the black struggle for freedom, grew up in a white neighborhood, ancestors were not used in slave trade, so we all should stop raising higher than he is.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 3:57am On Jun 29, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Donald Trump Grants Michael Flynn Presidential Pardon / One Person Killed After Gunmen Attack Church In Istanbul. / Malawi Court Nullifies Presidential Election, Orders New One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.