Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) (19091 Views)

3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal / Iran Unveils Homemade Stealth Fighter Jet (Pictures & Video) / Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 4:01am On Jun 29, 2013
At the "Door of no Return" Gore island a few years ago.

Being there, irrespective of your own background (white, black, coloured) and how or who raised you, brings tears to ones eyes EXCEPT you have no iota of conscience whatsoever.

TRAGIC events of the past brought into vivid imagination and near reality!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:09am On Jun 29, 2013
anonimi:

Some generally good points but the bold portion must be joke. Not so

The western world conspired against MKO because he demanded money from them relating to the whole African slave trade, so they didn't like that so he had to be disposed of. Now to gaddafi, what exactly was his crime? Last time I checked, he was a better leader than most african leaders. When he took power in libya, literacy was low(24%) then, it during his reign , it rose to 76%, Do you know that in libya, a student fresh from college received money from government and that government found jobs for them. And pregnant women also got money from the government when they were in labour. So basically , when a person is an enemy of the westerners, they conspire to bring such people down. MKO and gaddafi were not great people but they despised the the west. It is just like how Bush went into iraq claiming that they had nuclear weapons. The westerns are just hypocrites, they have nuclear weapons but they prevent other countries from having them because they want to be lord over them and those that don't accept shall be terminated.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:14am On Jun 29, 2013
Okija_juju:

No dey reason Like fowl.. angry

Na your type dey enter government think say job creation is all about 'Task force and LASTMA'.. angry

African Friendly Policies!! Thats what he could have done. Encourage trade with African countries. Sign treaties and alliances. Military aid, food aid, grants, loans... There is a shiitload of things he can do.. It doesnt have to be bring physical money and share..

Typical African reasoning.. Na your type dey value fish pass Net.. angry

My bros, do you read news? Don't you know that Obama threatened to stop sending aide to Nigeria because of the anti-gay law. And why must we wait for a westerner to help Africa communicate with itself. "Those who beg for help are slaves to those who give the help", remember I said beg not ask.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 4:21am On Jun 29, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

My bros, do you read news? Don't you know that Obama threatened to stop sending aide to Nigeria because of the anti-gay law. And why must we wait for a westerner to help Africa communicate with itself. "Those who beg for help are slaves to those who give the help", remember I said beg not ask.

What is the difference between begging and asking for help?
In your opinion, is Africa begging or asking for help? Kindly explain.
Thanks.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:22am On Jun 29, 2013
50calibre: Did anyone notice Michele Obama's hair is natural, when will black women learn to be proud of their hair, and stop fixing grass on their heads?

BTW that obama's younger daughter is maturing rapidly, are they sure there aren't any white boys sneaking into the White House at night?

it is straightened. it is still inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:32am On Jun 29, 2013
cycline404:

Infact you just red my mind to see what i was thinking... If na Jona... Shai... Na Then u go see agbada and thousands of mopol surrounding him... When there hands re not clean.... shocked
so what is wrong in agbada. obama is american, so English clothes, and Jonathan is Nigerian, so Nigerian clothes

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 4:40am On Jun 29, 2013
you see an illiterate miitary govt of the past can not make western nigeria or eastern nigeria etc illegal. They were were mostly illiterate men who got into power by mlitary coups..

You cant take the word of illiterate people as the final say. They were just illiterate men. illiterate can not wake up one day and say I dissolve western nigeria , eastern nigeria and northern nigeria and you just accept it that way. they were illiterate people. by the time they gun down jonathan or he leaves. You will see you will never get power .. if you know how much lifes have been lost to get to this point.. more than 1,000,000 got us to this point..

does ironsi look educated to you. You have to be free because God have set you free. Who ever God set free.. Let no man make him slave.. If you dont get your freedom now. more people will die. there will be killing field ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g5Qf5VKQrU
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 4:41am On Jun 29, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

The western world conspired against MKO because he demanded money from them relating to the whole African slave trade, so they didn't like that so he had to be disposed of. Now to gaddafi, what exactly was his crime? Last time I checked, he was a better leader than most african leaders. When he took power in libya, literacy was low(24%) then, it during his reign , it rose to 76%, Do you know that in libya, a student fresh from college received money from government and that government found jobs for them. And pregnant women also got money from the government when they were in labour. So basically , when a person is an enemy of the westerners, they conspire to bring such people down. MKO and gaddafi were not great people but they despised the the west. It is just like how Bush went into iraq claiming that they had nuclear weapons. The westerns are just hypocrites, they have nuclear weapons but they prevent other countries from having them because they want to be lord over them and those that don't accept shall be terminated.

You are writing with too much emphasis on emotions rather than logic based on vast array of information on the subjects you are discussing.
Concerning MKO even without going too far, from this NL:

ITT is a CIA front company - as chairman of ITT he was a major CIA asset. This role and and it's impact on Nigerian political and economic development is yet to be fully acknowledged documented.

https://www.nairaland.com/138094/mko-abiola-beaten-death-mustapha#2380410

and relatedly:

I even took the step of reading the article you linked to

It was also claimed that Abiola died after taking tea served him by the then United States Under-Secretary for Africa, Susan Rice. This piece of evidence was given by Major Abdulsaheed Mohammed Aliyu, the then Chief Security Officer to Gen. Abubakar.

According to Aliyu, when Abiola was attending the meeting with the United States officials led by Mr. Thomas Pickering, Abiola initially declined the offer to take tea but upon suggestion by Susan Rice, the Chief took the tea to soothe his cough.

But this account has always drawn the ire of the late Abiola's personal physician, Dr. Ore Falomo. On June 5, 2003, in an interview with reporters, Falomo had said: "I believe there was a conspiracy on the part of the then Federal Military Government and all the top hierarchy. I am not even absolving Abdulsalami Abubakar. Whether he was actively involved or innocently kept behind does not matter. None of the members of the hierarchy wanted him to come out of detention."

Dismissing the "tea theory," Falomo went further to say that "there are indications that Abiola's heart was thrice the size of a normal human heart at the time he died."

The Tea Theory was only put forward by the Nigerian Government to throw some of the blame on the US. Abiola's personal physician has himself confirmed that his health was extremely degraded as a result of his detention (ergo his excessively enlarged heart).

it's worth noting that even Mustapha's story does not point ANY finger at the US. it alleges that he was beaten until his health failed him. Where then are these accusing fingers coming from?

We need intelligent people in Nigeria if we're to move forward.

Abiola is dead, but Logic isn't.

https://www.nairaland.com/138094/mko-abiola-beaten-death-mustapha#2315059

You could simply have googled Abiola CIA ITT. You can also add IBB Babangida.
I imagine the great leaders of China, India and other rising South East Asian ECONOMIC giants have not been killed by the west because those leaders like the west.
How ridiculous!!!

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:43am On Jun 29, 2013
ITbomb:
I think u r the one who is gullible.
Why can't the Nigerian security aides remain unnoticed in the background instead of banishing guns when politicians are moving.
Bow to superior intelligence when u see one

How many Nigerian leaders have being assassinated by civilians 0
America- 4(Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy)
attempt was made on
2.1 Andrew Jackson
2.2 Abraham Lincoln
2.3 Theodore Roosevelt
2.4 Herbert Hoover
2.5 Franklin D. Roosevelt
2.6 Harry S. Truman
2.7 John F. Kennedy
2.8 Richard Nixon
2.9 Gerald Ford
2.10 Jimmy Carter
2.11 Ronald Reagan
2.12 George H. W. Bush
2.13 Bill Clinton
2.14 George W. Bush
2.15 Barack Obama
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 4:49am On Jun 29, 2013
Susan Rice could not have given abiola tea. abacha killed abiola. everybody knows that.. Not the CIA.. but abacha.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 4:53am On Jun 29, 2013
i dont know why
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 4:59am On Jun 29, 2013
Concerning Gaddafi, see just one item of so many others to show he not only liked the west but was also a slave to them.

Gaddafi interpreter says Libya funded Sarkozy campaign

Muammar Gaddafi's interpreter has said Libya helped finance Nicolas Sarkozy's 2007 presidential campaign in France - an allegation Mr Sarkozy denies.

Moftah Missouri said Gaddafi had told him personally that $20m (£13m; 15m euros) were donated to the campaign.

The allegations against Mr Sarkozy, first made by one of Gaddafi's sons, are already being investigated.

However Mr Missouri was quoted by a French newspaper last year, saying he had been unaware of any such payments.

Le Figaro, a conservative daily, interviewed the former interpreter when he visited Paris in April 2012.

In the new interview, Mr Missouri said: "Gaddafi himself told me personally, verbally, that Libya had transferred about $20m."

He was speaking in a video clip posted by France's Mediapart news website, with the full interview due to air on French public TV later on Thursday.

Gaddafi died from bullet wounds in 2011, after ruling Libya for more than 40 years.

Denials

It was during Nato-led air strikes on Libya in 2011 that Saif al-Islam, Gaddafi's son, first accused Mr Sarkozy of taking millions of his father's money for campaign funding.

Led by the then President Sarkozy, France spearheaded Nato's military campaign.

A French inquiry which opened this year was due to look at charges of "active and passive corruption", "influence peddling" and other issues, a judicial source told AFP news agency in April.

Mr Sarkozy, who lost the 2012 presidential election to Francois Hollande, is also under formal investigation over claims he received illegal donations for the 2007 race from France's richest woman, 90-year-old L'Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt.

He has denied all the allegations.

He has previously hinted that he may consider another run for the presidency in 2017, but the outcome of these investigations could determine whether he will make a return to politics, observers say.

BBC

There are so many other credible people who confirmed the donation and most likely Sarkozy will be convicted by the investigation and court in due course.
This does not look to me like how someone who hates the west should behave or does it to you

Gabon's late president, Omar Bongo, also funded Jacques Chirac's campaign.
At least one of the presidents of impoverished Central African Republic also donated money to one of the former presidents of France.
That does not stop the western powers to align with the people of these African countries whenever THEY decide to remove their own presidents.
Please read widely before you form your opinion and share with others on a public forum.
#FriendlyAdvice.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 5:03am On Jun 29, 2013
musiwa24: Susan Rice could not have given abiola tea. abacha killed abiola. everybody knows that.. Not the CIA.. but abacha.

Maybe you mean Abacha's ghost
You seem to forget that Abacha died BEFORE Abiola and Abdusalami Abubakar was Head of State at the time of Abiola's death.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 5:12am On Jun 29, 2013
anonimi:

What is the difference between begging and asking for help?
In your opinion, is Africa begging or asking for help? Kindly explain.
Thanks.

The difference is simply in how you accept a negative response. If you are told no, you are begging when you proceed to badger the person. If you simply accept the negative reply and move on then you asked as opposed to begged.

Africa is always begging for help, that is why our money is so close to having no value. how can 150N equal 1$.
When a person beg you show the giver that the beggar's destiny is in the giver's hands.
Because Africa beg for help, that is why Gay Obama and his British lover David Cameron had the Audacity to command African governments to remove the anti-gay laws or no aide because they know that Africa needs those aide.

When i ask you for money, if you say no, and I leave without any issue, that is asking, but begging is when I start telling you that I will pay you back, I need it urgently, basically drawing you to say yes.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 5:13am On Jun 29, 2013
anonimi,
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 5:22am On Jun 29, 2013
i will take any pizza, pizza is pizza at this point if it makes me feel like a king. I am hungry. I will have to stand up and go all the way to the pizza joint.. It late... anonimi order me pizza, so that i feel like a king..

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by naijaboyof4life(m): 5:22am On Jun 29, 2013
anonimi:

You are writing with too much emphasis on emotions rather than logic based on vast array of information on the subjects you are discussing.
Concerning MKO even without going too far, from this NL:

and relatedly:

You could simply have googled Abiola CIA ITT. You can also add IBB Babangida.
I imagine the great leaders of China, India and other rising South East Asian ECONOMIC giants have not been killed by the west because those leaders like the west.
How ridiculous!!!

There is a reason why, it is just the same reason why Obama did not take his gay rights campaign to Asia because he knows what is coming and he knows that Africa is the only place where lack of proper government make the western governments look like kings. If Nigeria loses ties with America, Nigeria is affected not America. If America looses ties with China or Indian, all is affected. You mentioned babagida, he was a useless ruler, if though he might have hated the west, what did he do that affected Nigeria positively that is why the west had no use of him. Look at castro, America also is trying to get rid of him. China has nuclear weapons, India has, Pakistan has. So I don't the US would want to cause a war on themselves.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by anonimi: 5:25am On Jun 29, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

The difference is simply in how you accept a negative response. If you are told no, you are begging when you proceed to badger the person. If you simply accept the negative reply and move on then you asked as opposed to begged.

Africa is always begging for help, that is why our money is so close to having no value. how can 150N equal 1$.

Why do you continue to write about things on which you seem to have limited knowledge
The Japanese yen has been trading for around 100 to 1$.
Is it because the Japanese are "always begging for help"?
Before Euro was introduced in January 2000, the Italian lira exchanged for some ridiculous amount to the $ as well.
Does that mean the Italians were "always begging for help"?

Because Africa beg for help, that is why Gay Obama and his British lover David Cameron had the Audacity to command African governments to remove the anti-gay laws or no aide because they know that Africa needs those aide.

It seems your anti-gay stance is the emotional grip that is not allowing you to FULLY apply logic to the issue at hand.
Try to fix it asap.
You can discuss your views about gays on another thread so it does not cloud your reasoning on other issues.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 5:26am On Jun 29, 2013
you right abacha die before abiola.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by musiwa24: 5:38am On Jun 29, 2013
i dont think you get it. the issue obama is talking about gay people. is that it is not government business .. And that is true. It is not the government business. and it is wrong to jail people because they are gay. That is not what government is about.. that is the duty of the church and mosque. Nigeria govt do not know their role. This is why I show you the common entrance exam.. That english is a major problem in Nigeria.

take for example. The member of the nigeria senate or house of rep.. more than half of the members and house of senate. did not pass their exam at first sitting.. so the best brain in nigeria are not in the senate or house of rep.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
if it were to be a Nigerian, entourages for no even allow us see who we suppose see...
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by AutoMahnn: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
guy1234: See how simple they look, very modest without thronge of aides hovering around them.

Do not be deceived my friend, there are a legion of aides around him, the ones we can see and those we can't. In the air, on ground and even in space, loads of them everywhere bro.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by SUGARSON(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
anonimi:

You as well as most black Africans obviously do not (or choose not to) understand what the issues are.
Could it be our usual reflex of AVOIDING responsibility

Why do we accept America's aid/money if we don't need it?
Why should America "give fair trade to our PRODUCE"?
Is it in their ECONOMIC interest to do so?
Did they give China fair trade for their PRODUCTS?
Do you, as an individual, GIVE fair trade to others whom you deal with on a daily basis when you have greater bargaining power?
If you don't, why do you think someone else or another group of people/society should?
Could it be because they are rational or irrational like you?

If we are ready and willing (even EAGER) to buy their guns and ammunitions since we are INCAPABLE of producing them ourselves, why should they stop selling to us?
Does your own point make sense to you?
How often have YOU refused selling something (including your skills to an employer) to a willing buyer from whom you can make the best profit?
If we don't want anyone controlling our culture by SEEKING & ACCEPTING their aid money, don't you think the solution lies simply in surviving on our own through INITIAL (usually for a limited but long period) great sacrifice as the East Asian ECONOMIC tigers have done over so many past DECADES and are NOW growing their middle class?
I hope you agree that as an individual who does not want to become an adult without control over your own life, you sacrifice as a youth by building skills to EARN a living ADEQUATELY.
You seem to forget another old adage:

Again I ask, in an extended family, how much respect is given to a whiner who contributes nothing financially and materially to family endeavours
That is the relationship between individuals in a family.
Why should the scenario be different in the bigger society and relationship between nations?
We should REFLECT deeply on these things!!!

U'RE ON POINT, THATS A VERY GOOD INSIGHT...
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by Rossikk(m): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2013
anonimi:

When will we Africans learn to accept RESPONSIBILITY in our life
Why did other races, Asians, Indians, Arabs not sell their kiths & kins MASSIVELY to the whites as we did?

Actually, it was because there was no demand for Arabs, Asians, Indians etc. The whites first started by shipping THEIR OWN PEOPLE from Europe to the New World to work as slaves in plantations. This proved unprofitable to the merchants as the white captives were mostly half-starved, weak, and useless. They then tried Asia. Indian slaves were shipped in. Same problem. Weak, and unable to cope with the tough conditions and oppression. Then they finally turned to Africa. The Africans were skilled in agriculture, iron-smithing, cotton-spinning, and other vocations, they were great artisans, and were generally more physically able. They came to be in high demand, and the rest is history.

Basically in history, all races sold 'their own people' to foreigners if the price was right.

Whites sold their people to ancient north Africans, many of whom were blacks.

The very word slave comes from the European word 'slav', the term for the people of Eastern Europe who formed the largest slave populations of the ancient world.
Re: The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) by AjanleKoko: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2013
Rossikk:

Actually, it was because there was no demand for Arabs, Asians, Indians etc. The whites first started by shipping THEIR OWN PEOPLE from Europe to the New World to work as slaves in plantations. This proved unprofitable to the merchants as the white captives were mostly half-starved, weak, and useless. They then tried Asia. Indian slaves were shipped in. Same problem. Weak, and unable to cope with the tough conditions and oppression. Then they finally turned to Africa. The Africans were skilled in agriculture, iron-smithing, cotton-spinning, and other vocations, they were great artisans, and were generally more physically able. They came to be in high demand, and the rest is history.

Basically in history, all races sold 'their own people' to foreigners if the price was right.

Whites sold their people to ancient north Africans, many of whom were blacks.

The very word slave comes from the European word 'slav', the term for the people of Eastern Europe who formed the largest slave populations of the ancient world.

^^^
Very correct. African slavery came much later in the day. The Romans for example, pretty much made slaves out of everyone who wasn't a Roman citizen. Color had nothing to do with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police And Pro-Palestinian Demonstrators Clash At DNC Headquarters (Photos) / Donald Trump Grants Michael Flynn Presidential Pardon / One Person Killed After Gunmen Attack Church In Istanbul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.