Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39593 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Expensive72(m): 8:20am On Jun 28, 2013
undecidedtunubu will run lagos aground
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by KINGwax(m): 8:25am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Seriously?

Well that is forked up!!!

I refuse to believe that the kings council can confer a title even in the absence of the king. I still don't believe this. If it is true, then I am sorry for my dear state. This is daylight robbery and clear greed.

iyalaje has alwys been by influence, wealth, and not election. What are u people ranting abt?
As a yoruba entity, u shld knw dt the post of iyalaje is a political appointment where the King decides who presides over the office.

And if the interest of the market will be considered, then who else will be a better option to bring influence and govt attention?

She has been in the market since d days of her mother. She is a trader that has travelled far and wide. This is not a matter of age.

In abeokuta, the iyaloja was a toung rich lady, and the iyalaje was alaba lawnson who doesn't even av a market. This was even years back!

We need to be informed.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by doncaster(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2013
Is this Iya whatever hereditary? Before tinubus "mother" who was the Iyaloja. Btw why is Tinubu and the mother having different surnames. Why did the Oba not crown her himself? Is he Alfred of the gods of oja?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by karlmax2: 8:28am On Jun 28, 2013
KINGwax: iyalaje has alwys been by influence, wealth, and not election. What are u people ranting abt?
As a yoruba entity, u shld knw dt the post of iyalaje is a political appointment where the King decides who presides over the office.

And if the interest of the market will be considered, then who else will be a better option to bring influence and govt attention?

She has been in the market since d days of her mother. She is a trader that has travelled far and wide. This is not a matter of age.

In abeokuta, the iyaloja was a toung rich lady, and the iyalaje was alaba lawnson who doesn't even av a market. This was even years back!

We need to be informed.
so tinubus daugther is the only one that has the qualifications you talked about among the whole market women in lagos state .you ac.n hypocrites don't fail to dissapoint cause ure all brainwashed or brain dead to think on your own .if this was GEJ making his daughter take over a post his mother held before your likes would call him all sorts of name and happy millions of lagosians are asking a lot of questions about tinubu and his gangs

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by kofoshi: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

Don't give a damn about ACN. The decision is the kings not ACN. Deal with that.
Oba Akiolu has always been an honourable man that lagosians respect no matter ur political stance.

which stupid king is that? The same one that take counsel from Tinubu on how to run his kingdom. No matter how much icing sugar you choose to dress this up with, it does nothing to take away from the fact that not only is tinubu politically influential in the matter of the west, he is also meddling with our traditional government. He is the monarchy and his greed is what will ultimately lead to his demise, mark this day down.

He would be brought down whether through shame or death!

That he "delivered" you from the PDP means that you should now lose your sense of reasoning?

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 8:30am On Jun 28, 2013
doncaster: Since when?

It has always been so.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 8:35am On Jun 28, 2013
kofoshi:

which stupid king is that? The same one that take counsel from Tinubu on how to run his kingdom. No matter how much icing sugar you choose to dress this up with, it does nothing to take away from the fact that not only is tinubu politically influential in the matter of the west, he is also meddling with our traditional government. He is the monarchy and his greed is what will ultimately lead to his demise, mark this day down.

That he "delivered" you from the PDP means that you should now lose your sense of reasoning?

Can u give specific instances of the Oba taking instructions from tinubu to run his kingdom or kindly shut the ffuck up.
Even the killer party despite their opposing stance has never said such things. Who are u to say such therby insulting the much loved Oba.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by kofoshi: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2013
KINGwax: iyalaje has alwys been by influence, wealth, and not election. What are u people ranting abt?

We need to be informed.

Are you trying to insult my intellect? Oh, you must suppose that I am as daft as you not to be able to decipher democratic rule from the autocratic rule of the monarchy, abi? Don't even start with me, otherwise i'd eat you like sharwarma.

Listen, no one is asking that Akiolu go through a democratic process to install her who he deems fit to be installed as the iyaloja but it is equally prepostrous and smacks of nepotism that for the among the number of traders that have been trading for almost as long as the previous iyaloja, the "king" only saw fit to install the daughter of a very influential political figure while hiding under the excuse that the new iyaloja being the daughter of the previous, had learnt the ropes from her grandma and because she is wealthy. What rubbish is that? Is it that there are no other wealthy, far more experienced and older market women to take up that task?

I am not really surprised by the reasoning of a lot of you, anyway. When we look deeply, we see that you lot do not even have a stake in Lagos and really, everything goes for you so long as such nepotism is not practised in your states.

Rubbish!

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by nuclearboy(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2013
This is GREED on Tinubu's part.

If only because of the noise this has generated in the society (and the "now" fake rebuttal ACN earlier gave), DECENCY posits that he allows this post go to someone else. When I read the rebuttal, I was pleased but this saddens.

This is impunity at its highest because the action suggests he (like GEJ) also doesn't give a damn what people think. You cannot look at this any other way except decency doesn't have a place in your lexicon

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by doncaster(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2013
kofoshi:

Are you trying to insult my intellect? Oh, you must suppose that I am as daft as you not to be able to decipher democratic rule from the autocratic rule of the monarchy, abi? Don't even start with me, otherwise i'd eat you like sharwarma.

Listen, no one is asking that Akiolu go through a democratic process to install her who he deems fit to be installed as the iyaloja but it is equally prepostrous and smacks of nepotism that for the among the number of traders that have been trading for almost as long as the previous iyaloja, the "king" only saw fit to install the daughter of a very influential political figure while hiding under the excuse that the new iyaloja being the daughter of the previous, had learnt the ropes from her grandma and because she is wealthy. What rubbish is that? Is it that there are no other wealthy, far more experienced and older market women to take up that task?

I am not really surprised by the reasoning of a lot of you, anyway. When we look deeply, we see that you lot do not even have a stake in Lagos and really, everything goes for you so long as such nepotism is not practised in your states.

Rubbish!

Is this a resentment because Tinubu is not originally a lagos indigene?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by taharqa2: 8:43am On Jun 28, 2013
take dat: Is Tinubu the Oba of Lagos? It is a "traditional" chieftancy title and not a political appointment, if she is the preferred choice of the Oba we all have to live with it. You can't question the decision of the Oba on this matter even if it dis-pleases you!

When did the late Iyaloja's residence become Iga Iduganran? If any installation/coronation is to be done, it should be the King's palace! And how come THISDAY was the only newspaper present at the installation? Not even Tinubu's, The Nation, Vanguard, Punch and other mainstream news outlet is/are reporting this installation!
So you bliv that this was just 'the choice of d Oba'?...smh
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 8:43am On Jun 28, 2013
nuclearboy: This is GREED on Tinubu's part.

If only because of the noise this has generated in the society (and the "now" fake rebuttal ACN earlier gave), DECENCY posits that he allows this post go to someone else. When I read the rebuttal, I was pleased but this saddens.

This is impunity at its highest because the action suggests he (like GEJ) also doesn't give a damn what people think. You cannot look at this any other way except decency doesn't have a place in your lexicon

exactly!

The effing pot calling the kettle black, that's what Tinubu is and trust me, he has marked his own demise. It would hit him like thunderbolt!

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by taharqa2: 8:44am On Jun 28, 2013
jmaine: I dey feel this man Tinubu cos he is synonymous with power in Lagos affairs . . .

This story shows Tinubu firm hold over the Oba of Lagos grin
QED.... And it is such a shame..
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2013
taharqa2: So you bliv that this was just 'the choice of d Oba'?...smh

Do u av reasons to believe there was a gun on his head when he made this decision? Am really interested in this.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by taharqa2: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2013
Ijogz K: Is she fine? Can I marry her daughter in other to get a ministerial position by the APC led govt come 2015? Only time will tell
Keep dreaming, Brov..
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by nuclearboy(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2013
kofoshi:

[size=18pt]That he "delivered" you from the PDP means that you should now lose your sense of reasoning?[/size]

Kudos for the bolded!

Tinubu DID deliver from PDP and only a PDP animal/tout will say ACN has not done far better. But we ought not lose our senses - this is starting to go too far. I was disappointed to hear Tinubu was the one to "open" Ibadan's new bridge. Why, when there is a President, Ministers and other state functionaries, does a party leader have to be the one to launch state property?

Only under GEJ do such ridiculous things become regular - impunity

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by taharqa2: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2013

We need to be informed.
One word: HYPOCRITE..

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by taharqa2: 8:49am On Jun 28, 2013
eGuerrilla: This kind of power-grab betrays all the symptoms of megalomania.
The tipping point is not too far off now.

Oh! Even you now know...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by takedat(m): 8:50am On Jun 28, 2013
taharqa2: So you bliv that this was just 'the choice of d Oba'?...smh
So whose choice then? Was he(Oba) coerced?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by taharqa2: 8:51am On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

Don't give a damn about ACN. The decision is the kings not ACN. Deal with that.
Oba Akiolu has always been an honourable man that lagosians respect no matter ur political stance.
One no longa respond to d Rantings of this HYPOCRITES...
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 8:51am On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

Can u give specific instances of the Oba taking instructions from tinubu to run his kingdom or kindly shut the ffuck up.
Even the killer party despite their opposing stance has never said such things. Who are u to say such therby insulting the much loved Oba.

which stup1d loved Oba? Where exactly is your home town in Lagos to call others out? Who are you? Who you be? Nonsense! E don tey wey una don dey sell una useless akara but na today I go take am stone all of una!

Shaki to n sebi ora!

Much loved king my left n1pple!

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 8:52am On Jun 28, 2013
nuclearboy:

Only under GEJ do such ridiculous things become regular - impunity

What has GEJ got to do with this and the Mokola bridge launching outside the purview of the PDP and the presidency ? undecided

You lot always have this trait of even blaming the weather on GEJ

Its saddening . .Please stay focused on the course of the thread

Thanks . . .

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) / Treasurer Looters Vs Pickpockets: EFCC Posted This On its Facebook Timeline / Seyi Makinde 1st Post on Social Media As Governor Of Oyo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.