Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39600 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Garrithe1st: 5:53am On Jun 30, 2013
23 Pages over a market association....

Na wa oooo!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 6:03am On Jun 30, 2013
So, with the cast of credible and responsible performers we have, what's this silly and pointless rubbish about again?

Can you show me any productive senator like this woman in Nigeria?

I dare any of you nay sayers to give my dare a shot..
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2013
I know a lot of communities all over Nigeria are standing in line for this woman to be imposed on them..
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Chubhie: 6:39am On Jun 30, 2013
dayokanu:

ACN does not do primaries from its inception even before any of the Tinubus got involved in the party Politics

So why should they change that because the Tinubus are contesting now
You my good friend dont seem to understand the implications of one man doing the selection? A puppet master? Talk of being enternally grateful once the puppet master selects, backs and open his cheque book to take you his boy to the very peak you could only attain in your dreams. Lord Tinubu is a Master in Nigerian Politics. He may wish to do the up coming generation a favour by droping his works in a book before he is gone.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by BlackBaron: 7:12am On Jun 30, 2013
Very soon, even day old baby would be handed a political/influential post because they're from the Tinunbu family.

Only the chosen who are all and willing to do the bidding of the Grand Puppet Master are given free rein and a human finds nowt wrong with this arrangement?
Mba! lipsrsealed

I cannot fathom the rationale beyond the shitty politics where a man's links allows his wife, children, granddaughter, friends et al allows them to wield an unrivalled stranglehold over the people of the SW.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2013
Mods, Eko Ile is spamming this thread with irrelevances. Please, do something.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 8:09am On Jun 30, 2013
Eko Ile: I know a lot of communities all over Nigeria are standing in line for this woman to be imposed on them..

Like Iragbiji Ile, abi? Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2013
ACN folks on Nairaland like Dayokanu and Eko Ile keep saying that Tinubu has not flouted any law. Who is talking about law courts and what the Nigerian legal system stipulates?

Perhaps, ACN folks need to understand that something might be legally right but morally incorrect. What Tinubu did is morally incorrect because it screams sheer nepotism.

^^Accept this, guys, and we can move on.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by anonimi: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2013
Eko Ile:
Can you show me any productive senator like this woman in Nigeria?

Is a worker deemed productive on the basis of performance of her core function or on the basis of SIDE SHOW
What is the core function of a senator who is part of the two law making bodies that is the National Assembly?

I guess I should not be surprised that Eko Ile does not know a senator's job given that his boss in Alausa House also does not know the different roles of states and LGA in the provision of Primary Health Care!
Like oga, like omo ise!!!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by anonimi: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2013
Eefin ni iwa, bo pe titi a ru jade - character is like smoke, no matter how you PRETEND (cover it) sooner or later it will manifest.

Amunisin yato si Agbeniga ti nje Afenifere - An enslaver can only PRETEND to be a progressive.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-2bgsarfqiZY/UGOjFAYVgYI/AAAAAAAAADU/JqzXVI4ow-Y/s1600/Bola+Tinubu.jpg[/img]

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 8:33am On Jun 30, 2013
^^^ A thousand and one round-rimmed glasses wouldn't make him an Awolowo or a Ghandi grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Gbawe: 9:02am On Jun 30, 2013
ShyM-X:
Once again kudos to Sir Kats, the ever green Prof. Corruption, Lady Desola, and Baron Ola One.

I'm surprised Kats didn't take Gbawe to the cleaners for citing "stakeholders" to justify the undemocratic and nepotistic way, in which the lady in question was selected. When he, Gbawe, and eGuerilla already posted excerpts from different sources that show that the so-called "stakeholders" were selected by the late market leader(who was the lady in question's grandmother). So what do you expect puppets to do? It's just a pity that the REAL stakeholders - the ordinary market women on the streets of Lagos - don't really have a voice. However, those of us who have a voice and can discern tyranny/tyrants when we see one, must continue to speak out. Perhaps, Gbawe thinks he can bamboozle everyone with his unnecessary verbose ladden posts. Certain actions are just unacceptable! And we must continue to question our leaders.

No one is infallible and I believe the man, Fashola, is ripe enough to unseat this nepotistic tyrant and dictator from Lagos.

The gentleman understands what is right, whereas the petty man understands profit.”

^^^We should be able to understand who the gentlemen are, and who the petty people are. Kudos to those arguing for what is right. And shame on those doing it for what they will benefit from it. Enough said!

Look, stop this nauseating show of hero-worshipping you seem to be obsessed with. How does emotion ever take fact, and those who adhere to it always, to the cleaners? Some may not like my position here but can anyone argue I have not worked with fact? Can anyone say I have been ignorant and hasty in judgement like Katsumoto and you who propose the market women vote for who they want when the facts reveal to you guys that things are simply not done that way? Why the undemocratic and dictatorial arrogance to suggest to others how they must do things when those within a group say they are happy with how things are done?

Whether you like it or not, and whether you are beholden to some to the extent you blind yourself to what is obvious, the bottom line for those who are dispassionately intelligent is that I have established, even if does not sit well with many emotionally, that those who matter in more or less a private group have done what they are constitutionally empowered to do. They have spoken with one voice, and with everyone behind the new Iyaloja, to aptly illustrate that what you are all doing here is displaying an innate and sentimental disregard for the domain decision others are fully and legitimately allowed to make.

You can talk till blue in the face but the truth is those involved have all come out to say "we chose Iyaloja not Tinubu". If that is still not good for you and those you worship, then that presents a picture of those who are ultimately found wanting when it comes to respecting the domain and decision of others.

By the way, where have you gotten your own "convict by all means" forgery argument that shows you the former Iyaloja "chose the stakeholders"? Can you show proof of this claim you make ? Below is the excerpt posted by eGuerrilla:

Leadership Tussle Rocks Oyingbo Market

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - By Damola Ogundimu
Trouble is currently brewing at the Oyingbo Market in Lagos Mainland, following the emergence of two woman leaders in the market.

One of the contenders, Alhaja Sikirat Sule, told P.M.News that she is the Iyaloja of Oyingbo Market and Lagos Mainland and that one Alhaja Basiratu Abeni Balogun is only a market leader and not Iyaloja, as she claims.

She said she was appointed by Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji, the Iyaloja of Lagos and President-General, Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men.

She added that she was elected by the Oyingbo Market Women and Men in 1997 as the Iyaloja.

But another trader, Alhaja Basiratu Abeni, described herself as the authentic Iyaloja of the market.

“I am the Iyaloja and market leader. Iyaloja and market leader means the same thing,” she stated.

She disclosed that she was elected as the Iyaloja of Lagos Mainland Local Government Market Women and Men Association on 29 May, 1992 and was officially installed by the then chairman of the council, Dr. Babatunde Larinde, in the presence of some traditional rulers in the area.

Below is an excerpt from the article I supplied:

“The market leaders of all the 57 local governments were there. The Babaloja of Lagos, Alhaji Wasiu (Balogun), was there. Everybody supported her,” Basirat Balogun, Iyaloja of Oyingbo Market, told PREMIUM TIMES.
Mrs. Balogun

To show you again that, unlike you and others, I let the facts dictate because it always reign supreme ahead of speaking emotionally I urge you and others to combine the two above yourself. The woman who claimed the former Iyaloja installed her as Oyingbo market head is not the leader of the market today. The leader of the Oyingbo market today is Basirat Balogun who, ironically, is supporting the appointment of the new Iyaloja. Why did the lady who claimed she was anointed by the Iyaloja not become the Oyingbo market leader in the end to factually justify your fraudulent assertion that the previous Iyaloja chose stakeholders? Is it not obvious you guys do not work with facts and are clearly commenting sentimentally over issues you do not fully understand and that does not concern you? Is it not obvious you have all constituted yourselves into an ALUU lynch mob, because of the Tinubu name, determined not to see facts or to respect the domain decisions others are entitled to make.

However you and others pontificate, because the name of Tinubu is involved, issues still boils down to how stakeholders have unitedly averred they chose the new Iyaloja and not Tinubu. You guys can continue to insist otherwise but it just shows your vacuous anarchic mien. Instructive that PDP who started this are silent currently and have not come out to call those who supervised their own process, as allowed to do, "lairs".
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by donchris999: 9:16am On Jun 30, 2013
Gosh! I never knew this guy is an unrepentant illiterate slave. I mean this Gbawe of a guy is a die-hard criminal like Tinubu his master! When you guys are done with lagos, dont you lots ever think of nearing aso rock. He will go and search for articles now to prove that Tinubu is right. Are the yoruba people slaves? Tufiakwa!
Gbawe:

Look, stop this nauseating show of hero-worshipping you seem to be obsessed with. How does emotion ever take fact, and those who adhere to it always, to the cleaners? Some may not like my position here but can anyone argue I have not worked with fact? Can anyone say I have been ignorant and hasty in judgement like Katsumoto and you who propose the market women vote for who they want when the facts reveal to you guys that things are simply not done that way? Why the undemocratic and dictatorial arrogance to suggest to others how they must do things when those within a group say they are happy with how things are done?

Whether you like it or not, and whether you are beholden to some to the extent you blind yourself to what is obvious, the bottom line for those who are dispassionately intelligent is that I have established, even if does not sit well with many emotionally, that those who matter in more or less a private group have done what they are constitutionally empowered to do. They have spoken with one voice, and with everyone behind the new Iyaloja, to aptly illustrate that what you are all doing here is displaying an innate and sentimental disregard for the domain decision others are fully and legitimately allowed to make.

You can talk till blue in the face but the truth is those involved have all come out to say "we chose Iyaloja not Tinubu". If that is still not good for you and those you worship, then that presents a picture of those who are ultimately found wanting when it comes to respecting the domain and decision of others.

By the way, where have you gotten your own "convict by all means" forgery argument that shows you the former Iyaloja "chose the stakeholders"? Can you show proof of this claim you make ? Below is the excerpt posted by eGuerrilla:

Below is an excerpt from the article I supplied:

To show you again that, unlike you and others, I let the facts dictate because it always reign supreme ahead of speaking emotionally I urge you and others to combine the two above yourself. The woman who claimed the former Iyaloja installed her as Oyingbo market head is not the leader of the market today. The leader of the Oyingbo market today is Basirat Balogun who, ironically, is supporting the appointment of the new Iyaloja. WHy did the lady who claimed she was annointed by the Iyaloja not become the Oyingbo market leader in the end? Is it not obvious you guys do not work with facts and are clearly commenting sentimentally over issues you do not fully understand and that does not concern you? Is it not obvious you have all constituted yourselves into an ALUU lynch mob, because of the Tinubu name, determined not to see facts or to respect the domain decisions others are entitled to make.

However you and others pontificate, because the name of Tinubu is involved, issues still boils down to how stakeholders have unitedly averred they chose the new Iyaloja and not Tinubu. You guys can continue to insist otherwise but it just shows your vacuous anarchic mien. Instructive that PDP who started this are silent currently and have not come out to call those who supervised their own process, as allowed to do, "lairs".

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Gbawe: 9:28am On Jun 30, 2013
Moves: What a show of shame; until we start telling ourself plain simple truth; we would never get the nigeria we desire. Lets call a spade a spade; Tinubu being smart positioned his daughter to take over as Iyaloja; control the market women & men +nurtw in lagos and you will always win the election. Its a shame that someone like Gbawe would try to spin this or explain,you should have done what you usually do.. stay away...common guys someone went to do her study in the UK upto masters level all to become market leader ba?

My brother, say what you will about me but my full time devotion to the loftiest ideals of respecting the human rights and entitlement of others means, as I do here, I have spoken when it has not been popular to do so. I will never compromise what I believe in to please anyone here. Being fair to others is something I hold sacrosanct.

If you want to understand why I speak here while you think it is best I am silent so those who cannot deal with their own emotionally compromised psyche are not able to judge me negatively, then look at how I spoke below in defence of the ambition of the son of Abacha who was a dictator I despised.

I am not here to be a 'likes' champion or to woo the majority in the crowd by saying what is populist. If I stay true to what I believe in and even convince one person to be similar in standing up for what they believe is fair and equitable, even in the face of lynch mob persecution, then I consider my membership here worthwhile. I please my own conscience knowing I stood up for what I believe in instead of being a poster who wants to be all things to all men and all women here.

The word "hypocrisy" is thrown around with casual aplomb here so look at how I spoke below, when the lynch mob convened against the son of Abacha and when it would have been prudent to say nothing if I am whorishly about seeking 'likes', to note I am only being consistent speaking here. Thank god past posts remain to separate those who will always go with the crow and those who commit to being principled even when it is unpopular to be that way. My views below are from 2009. I am no different today in being dedicated to speaking in defence of the right of others. It was Abacha's son then, it is Tinubu's daughter today. One thing unites them both. They have the fundamental rights to test their popularity for any position they are interested in. Let stakeholders judge them.

https://www.nairaland.com/327116/abachas-son-enter-politics#4592871

Gbawe wrote:
Sensible viewpoint. The most sophisticated societies , willing to respect and secure the fundamental human rights of every citizen , must attempt to refrain - as much as possible- from visiting the sins of a father upon his son. I would prefer for Nigerians to be politically mature enough to assess Abacha's son on his merits, achievements and leadership views. If he falls short politically don't vote for him. Personally I don't think Mohammed Abacha has anything to offer as a Politician . I would prefer for the citizens of Kano to work this out for themselves. That type of maturity will ensure we reject mediocrity consistently as is done in the most politically advanced nations of the World.

You and others can see, as the twerp above this post rants emotionally, that the Abacha name whipped up emotions and sentiments to ensure that what I pointed out was simply unacceptable to some.

Princekevo wrote:
What kinda of human right are you talking abt, in what sophisticated society? I know this can only be possible in Nigeria where everthing goes, for all we do is sitdon dey look.

If i understand your point of view quite well then some day Osama bin laden's son might happen to be an American citizen and can boldly contest and win governorship election in America or some day the world will nominate Adolph Hitler's son for UN Secretary general coz their fundermental human rights need to be protected.

What human right does the children of criminals,tyrants, terrorist,and loothers deserve.The human right their father denied others?
Listen Other western country have their ways of silencing such families for life.For instance let your surname be Osama binladen and see if any western embassy will grant you visa, becoz the sins of the father should not visit the children as you claim.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2013
All those yapping about how this is a non issue citing no rules were broken should also know that the distasteful decisions of GEJ to make his wife a Perm Sec and granting of amnesty to Alams were all within the ambits of the law

This action despite all seeming colouration of legality is morally very wrong, incorrect and a sad development.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2013
jmaine: [size=11pt]All those yapping about how this is a non issue citing no rules were broken should also know that the distasteful decisions of GEJ to make his wife a Perm Sec and granting of amnesty to Alams were all within the ambits of the law

This action despite all seeming colouration of legality is morally very wrong, incorrect and a sad development.
[/b]
ACN lads wouldn't say anything.

They all condemned it, remember?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 9:42am On Jun 30, 2013
Ola one:
ACN lads wouldn't say anything.

They all condemned it, remember?

Exactly, We all did including the ACN folks as usual . .

And we remember those decisions were also taken by stakeholders as well grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2013
jmaine:

Exactly, We all did including the ACN folks as usual . .

And we remember those decisions were also taken by stakeholders as well grin
And legal

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2013
Ola one:
And legal

[size=16pt]Very Legal . . . [/size]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2013
brb
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Aderostock(m): 9:45am On Jun 30, 2013
anonimi:

Is a worker deemed productive on the basis of performance of her core function or on the basis of SIDE SHOW
What is the core function of a senator who is part of the two law making bodies that is the National Assembly?

I guess I should not be surprised that Eko Ile does not know a senator's job given that his boss in Alausa House also does not know the different roles of states and LGA in the provision of Primary Health Care!
Like oga, like omo ise!!!

you are really a chamelon! when FSU was posting some old pictures of primary schools in Lagos claimed they were Fashola's doings, what did you do? nothing. perhaps, you were making irrelevant analogies and mockery. whose role is the provisions of Primary schools?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Aderostock(m): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2013
donchris999: Gosh! I never knew this guy is an unrepentant illiterate slave. I mean this Gbawe of a guy is a die-hard criminal like Tinubu his master! When you guys are done with lagos, dont you lots ever think of nearing aso rock. He will go and search for articles now to prove that Tinubu is right. Are the yoruba people slaves? Tufiakwa!

I don't want to go tribalism. why are u raining abuses and insults on a fellow member? I don't know your concerns about iyaloja chieftaincy title. you are not a yoruba, neither you are a market man in Lagos. do you think we are talking about hawking Gala and lacasera inside traffic jam. if you have nothing to say, get lost

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Gbawe: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2013
jmaine: All those yapping about how this is a non issue citing no rules were broken should also know that the distasteful decisions of GEJ to make his wife a Perm Sec and granting of amnesty to Alams were all within the ambits of the law

Jmaine, what official position was Tinubu's daughter in when the post of Iyaloja became vacant? Could it not be argued, if we totally ignore sentiments, that she was perhaps an Iyaloja in training, with her real position and involvement in the affair of the market association, however the Tinubu name bothers us?

Did the secretary-general of the Market association not come out to tell us all she qualified by virtue of her senior and directly relevant position as deputy President of market men and women?

What position was Patience Jonathan in when she became a Permanent secretary after being absent from civil service duty for ages? Is it not true that the last time she was a civil servant (Rivers and Bayelsa) was before her husband became deputy Governor of Bayelsa? Was Tinubu's daughter not involved, in an influential role too, with the day-to-day affairs of the market till the Iyaloja position become vacant? Can you present your argument above in court where fact , and not sentiments, carry the day?

With the Alamco pardon, GEJ used his position to ratify an unpopular decision. Is the situation at all similar here? Or is the truth that all you and others have, ultimately, is conjecture ...... and conjecture that appears distinctly immature and arrogantly undemocratic given that stakeholders themselves have come out to say "we, NOT Tinubu chose Tinubu’s daughter as Iyaloja"?

Disappointing we are getting so many emotional responses from posters who should just be circumspect enough to respect the fact that, ultimately and even if we do not like it, we must respect decisions that appear to have been made by empowered stakeholders without any obvious infringement - especially when those stakeholders themselves are unanimous in standing behind their choice. I am not saying we will not here of impropriety later. I am only saying that, for now and inspected dispassionately, it seems this is what the stakeholders wanted.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Gbawe: 10:08am On Jun 30, 2013
Aderostock:

I don't want to go tribalism. why are u raining abuses and insults on a fellow member? I don't know your concerns about iyaloja chieftaincy title. you are not a yoruba, neither you are a market man in Lagos. do you think we are talking about hawking Gala and lacasera inside traffic jam. if you have nothing to say, get lost

My good man, with my first response here, I said I would not indulge posters who are only about insults. I implore you to same on my behalf. Let him and others insult me for a position I have taken here that they cannot impeach with factual argument that conclusively establishes that wrongdoing took place. Insulting others is the only thing losers have in their armoury. For that reason, they are best ignored.

I will revise my opinion if and when any facts emerge that the stakeholders did not act according to their own free will. I refuse to deal in conjecture because the name of Tiinbu is involved. I have shown I did same when Abacha's son was equally subjected to an e-lynching on nairaland far back in 2009. Can others insulting me show the same consistency and dedication to respecting the fundamental rights of everyone even when it is highly unpopular to do so and folks are acting like a bloodthirsty baying mob? Yet we wonder why the ALUU tragedy could still happen today in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by donchris999: 10:11am On Jun 30, 2013
This id.iotz keep on emphasizing on people's emotion. They keep on saying that we should reason and not be emotional or sentimental. This lots forget so easily. It was emotions that led to the arab spring revolution. When Ghadafi was grooming his son to take over him doing that within the ambits of his law as not to be caught unawares, he forgot that the people will one day rise above the manipulated laws(reason) and take on their emotions. The same to mubarak and their likes. They use the words diplomacy, Reason, law and english to sideline the people. What the common man knows is emotion and when the emotions are high, it will prevail over rationality. We are watching.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 10:12am On Jun 30, 2013
Double P
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 10:20am On Jun 30, 2013
Gbawe:

Jmaine, what official position was Tinubu's daughter in when the post of Iyaloja became vacant? Could it not be argued, if we totally ignore sentiments, that she was perhaps an Iyaloja in training, with her real position and involvement in the affair of the market association, however the Tinubu name bothers us?

Did the secretary-general of the Market association not come out to tell us all she qualified by virtue of her senior and directly relevant position as deputy President of market men and women?

What position was Patience Jonathan in when she became a Permanent secretary after being absent from civil service duty for ages? Is it not true that the last time she was a civil servant (Rivers and Bayelsa) was before her husband became deputy Governor of Bayelsa? Was Tinubu's daughter not involved, in an influential role too, with the day-to-day affairs of the market till the Iyaloja position become vacant? Can you present your argument above in court where fact , and not sentiments, carry the day?

With the Alamco pardon, GEJ used his position to ratify an unpopular decision. Is the situation at all similar here? Or is the truth that all you and others have, ultimately, is conjecture ...... and conjecture that appears distinctly immature and arrogantly undemocratic given that stakeholders themselves have come out to say "we, NOT Tinubu chose Tinubu’s daughter as Iyaloja"?

Disappointing we are getting so many emotional responses from posters who should just be circumspect enough to respect the fact that, ultimately and even if we do not like it, we must respect decisions that appear to have been made by empowered stakeholders without any obvious infringement - especially when those stakeholders themselves are unanimous in standing behind their choice. I am not saying we will not here of impropriety later. I am only saying that, for now and inspected dispassionately, it seems this is what the stakeholders wanted.

Gbawe,you of all shouldn't pander to the caprices of undue sentiment . Her stealth ascension to the board in 2011 was a calculated ploy to give flesh and validity to this scam folks are sadly defending.

So your earnestly telling us a young lad with just 2 years experience will be preferred over other aspirers with multitude years of active service and experience.

Back to the Dame Perm Sec saga, No law was broken in that nepotic act and it wasn't directly sanctioned by GEJ. And its the same scenario here . .

which ever legality you desire to portray, this just doesn't feel right. The same way we castigated the Saraki of Kwara State is what is happening here . . . We don't need such sly acts of blatant and glaring acts of nepotism in our wobbly political journey . .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 10:20am On Jun 30, 2013
Double Post . .
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Gbawe: 10:30am On Jun 30, 2013
jmaine:

Gbawe,you of all shouldn't pander to the caprices of undue sentiment . Her stealth ascension to the board in 2011 was a calculated ploy to give flesh and validity to this scam folks are sadly defending.

So your ernestly telling us a young lad with just 2 years experience will be preferred over other aspires with multitudes years of active service and,experience

Jmaine, you are better than this. At what stage do you simply agree, even if you have reservation, you must respect the utterance and decisions of stakeholders? Were you aware that all the 57 heads of markets showed up to support the new Iyaloja? Where is the dissent and rancour from the stakeholders themselves to validate all this panadol being taken for a headache they themselves do not appear to have?

Come on dude, when do we begin to show we can rise above sentiment to simply respect, as outsiders, what insiders tell us took place when they alone are 100% in charge of their own affairs and processes? The PDP is not full of fools. Why are they not protesting to high heavens right now considering they started all this? Could it be that even they accept that it would be foolish, undemocratic and extremely immature to continue making vacuous noise when the Market folks themselves are firmly behind the Iyalajo? How many times must what is written below be repeated before some, especially outsiders, defer to stakeholders and respect their decision? Why don't you at least wait for them to protest before decisively stating that wrongdoing has taken place when their words and actions seem to loudly suggest otherwise?

http://www.naijalately.com/news/why-we-not-tinubu-chose-tinubu%E2%80%99s-daughter-as-iyaloja-lagos-markets-secretary-general-reveals-it-all

Why We, NOT Tinubu chose Tinubu’s daughter as Iyaloja – Lagos markets Secretary General reveals it all
THE Secretary-General of Lagos Markets, Deacon Lanre Ajayi, has put to rest the controversy that trailed the emergence of Mrs Folashde Tinubu-Ojo as the new Iyaloja of Lagos, saying she fulfilled what was stated in the constitution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Bola Ilori Beaten Up By Political Thugs In Ondo, His Clothes & Underwear Torn / Boko Haram Releases 10 Policewomen And UNIMAID Lecturers Abducted Last Year / Bola Tinubu's Supporter Murdered In Anambra - Joe Igbokwe (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.