Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . (1748 Views)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Abujafood: 10:07am On Jun 28, 2013
Abuja being the capital city of Nigeria naturally attracts a sizeable number of visitors from all over the world especially diplomats and foreign investors. People who come to Abuja on short stay often do so for business rather than pleasure. However one noticeable trend especially by Nigerians who have lived abroad for years is their decision to settle for Abuja over other cities when they decide to relocate to Nigeria. There are many reasons but these five stand out:

Abuja is more Secure

Abuja is relatively safe compared to most Nigerian Cities and State Capitals. This may be due to the fact that the city is very organized and has a large presence of security personnel who are readily available to maintain law and order. If you’re pondering on why you should settle to live in Abuja this is a very good reason as crime rates are mostly on the outskirts rather than the city center and the police respond promptly to distress calls.

Improved Infrastructure

Abuja has functional and numerous street lights, traffic lights, good expansive roads, decent housing estates, recreational parks, well organized markets and other relaxation centers. A quick tour of the city in your car is often a delight especially on Sunday Evenings when traffic in the city center is very low. The lush green pedestrian walkways and impressive housing in highbrow parts of town such as Jabi, Maitama, Asokoro and Wuse 2 give you insights into just how well off Abuja is compared to other Nigerian Cities.

Decent People

In Lagos and Warri for instance it’s not uncommon to run into uncultured people on the roads in traffic or sometimes on queue in banks to mention a few instances. People may talk irresponsibly at length without weighing the gravity of their behaviours of show disrespect for other people’s feelings and time by being rude and un-courteous. That is not holding brief for all Abuja residents as a sizeable number of them are ill-mannered but you find them less in Abuja where everyone is trying hard to live up to the Jones’s.

Beautiful Scenery

In the hey days of El-Rufai’s administration the capital city bore an appealing look in the form of beautiful green gardens and parks taking up spots across the city. The lovely trees and ornamental lineups on Akintola Boulevard or Alvan Ikoku way to mention a few gives you the impression that Abuja will for long remain the Authentic Garden City of Nigeria.

Centrally Located

From Abuja you’re almost equally spaced out from the rest of Nigeria. The shortest distance between Southwest and North East passes through the Federal Capital Territory even through popular roads within Abuja metropolis. All Federal roads in Nigeria lead to or point towards Abuja meaning travelers by road in Abuja have an edge when travelling far across than others from more distant places – good news for those who travel home during holidays with the usual exceptions of people who hail from the middle belt.

http://www.abujafood.com/lifestyle/travel-a-tourism/1260-5-great-reason-to-live-in-abuja-.html
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Onyinyechimara(f): 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ok o! Abuja here I come
Actually the last reason is a disadvantage........who wants to be closer to Boko haram wink
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Abujafood: 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
Onyinyechimara: Ok o! Abuja here I come
Actually the last reason is a disadvantage........who wants to be closer to Boko haram wink

Last time I checked Boko Haram have been far away from Abuja since April 2012!
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Onyinyechimara(f): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
Closer to not in their domain per say but closer to!

I m better off in Lagos or port harcourt but moving to Abuja brings me closer to them. Get it? cheesy
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by henrychubayo: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
The last time I came to Abuja, it was difficult to get water to bath. Abuja of all city. Very very poor.
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by tpia5: 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
my reason not to live in abuja, is the cost.

i heard its quite expensive.
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 30, 2013
ONE GREAT REASON NOT TO LIVE IN ABUJA: ITS IN NIGERIA. that is all

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by dasparrow: 8:45am On Jun 30, 2013
henrychubayo: The last time I came to Abuja, it was difficult to get water to bath. Abuja of all city. Very very poor.

Very true. Unless one is living in Area 1 to 10 in Garki or in Wuse, access to portable water and electricity is a mirage. Most residents in Abuja have to rely on 'mai ruwa' (water sellers) or bore hole or well water. They are not connected to Abuja water board. Abuja is terribly expensive too. There is nothing special about Abuja and I can't wait to leave Abuja and indeed Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by justwise(m): 9:43am On Jun 30, 2013
dasparrow:

Very true. Unless one is living in Area 1 to 10 in Garki or in Wuse, access to portable water and electricity is a mirage. Most residents in Abuja have to rely on 'mai ruwa' (water sellers) or bore hole or well water. They are not connected to Abuja water board. Abuja is terribly expensive too. There is nothing special about Abuja and I can't wait to leave Abuja and indeed Nigeria.

I agreed with you that Abuja is very expense but disagreed with you that there is nothing special about Abuja, Abuja is a great city with anything you want as long as you can afford it

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Abujafood: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
justwise:

I agreed with you that Abuja is very expense but disagreed with you that there is nothing special about Abuja, Abuja is a great city with anything you want as long as you can afford it

For those that keep saying there's nothing special about Abuja ask those who have stayed in Lagos and don't want to relocate back. It's an expensive city but still a nice place to reside.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by israel007: 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=Abujafood]
Improved Infrastructure

Abuja has functional and numerous street lights, traffic lights, good expansive roads, decent housing estates, recreational parks, well organized markets and other relaxation centers. A quick tour of the city in your car is often a delight especially on Sunday Evenings when traffic in the city center is very low. The lush green pedestrian walkways and impressive housing in highbrow parts of town such as Jabi, Maitama, Asokoro and Wuse 2 give you insights into just how well off Abuja is compared to other Nigerian Cities.

Beautiful Scenery

In the hey days of El-Rufai’s administration the capital city bore an appealing look in the form of beautiful green gardens and parks taking up spots across the city. The lovely trees and ornamental lineups on Akintola Boulevard or Alvan Ikoku way to mention a few gives you the impression that Abuja will for long remain the Authentic Garden City of Nigeria.
middle belt.[/b]

Please remove the beautiful scenery and the street lights ish. Shows you haven't been in abuja recently. The minister bala muhammed coulcnt be bothered
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Abujafood: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
@israel007

Maybe you should visit Abuja again in case you've been away for long. There are functional street lights in Abuja at least far more than many other Nigerian cities and yes the beautiful greenery stays have you driven round maitama, jabi etc?
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by israel007: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
Abujafood: @israel007

Maybe you should visit Abuja again in case you've been away for long. There are functional street lights in Abuja at least far more than many other Nigerian cities and yes the beautiful greenery stays have you driven round maitama, jabi etc?

I live in abuja, area 11 NNPC qtrs
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by Abujafood: 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
israel007:

I live in abuja, area 11 NNPC qtrs

I also live in Abuja Wuye District!
Re: 5 Great Reasons To Live In Abuja . by israel007: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
Abujafood:

I also live in Abuja Wuye District!

Let's go on a tour @ night. If u win, I owe u anything equals $5 and if I win, you owe me coconut bread from Grand Square

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa Administrative Review / If You Are From Niger, Are You A Nigerian? / The Sahara Is Not The Largest Desert In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.