Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful (480 Views)

5 Signs That Shows You May Never Be Successful In Life! / Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 / Starting An Online Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by sigmond: 3:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
nlanders, i need advise on how my online newspaper in ghana www.telegraphgh.com can be a success any advice is highly appreciated

thanks
Re: How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by texaco1: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
lots of work,number one u need to work more on the front page it isnt attractive and try and focus more on african related issues .noone gives a damm in africa about what happens in vatican but african contents will bring traffic.most online papers in western countries wont put a story of ecowas on their front page .
Re: How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by sigmond: 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
@texaco1 thanks, do you know of some good writers an buying good african related stories for 5usd per page
Re: How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by texaco1: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
sigmond: @texaco1 thanks, do you know of some good writers an buying good african related stories for 5usd per page
good writers for articles or news?
Re: How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by bademasi: 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
this is a great idea indeed ! i guess it takes after the popular daily graphic which is popular in ghana. its interesting that the company did not try to protect this url.. any way its good for you....

here are some tips for you.
1. stay relevant. look for information that is relevant to the immediate needs of your target audience. vatican is too far from accra that news has no impact on the local populace.... just an example.
2. get hot news that is local. there is so much going on in ghana that is very interesting and newsworthy.
3. post classifieds for free. this will drive traffic to you and you can now figure out what to do with the traffic. traffic is what makes you money.
4. sell adverts space at very reduced rates. this is an early stage strategy to generate cash for your venture. you can target small businesses and ask them to buy advert space. around the circle area, there ae so many phone shops that you can visit. that is if you are based in accra. there are so many brands in ghana that you can sell your advert space to.
5. use quizzes and games to keep attention on your site.
6. offer free stuff. music. e books.. etc
7. stay professional and conservative in outlook to retain industry respect.
8. do plenty of underground PR.
9. I AGREE THAT THE DESIGN NEEDS TO BE MORE ATTRACTIVE. CHECK ONLINE FOR TEMPLATES AND BUILD ON THAT.
10. WORK HARD. PRAY HARD. FALL DOWN. GET UP. KEEP GOING. YOU CANT FAIL.

I CAN GET SOME ARTICLES FOR YOU .. CONATCT ME. twimc@hushmail.com

good luck !
Re: How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by sigmond: 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
@bademasi thanks for the input my team has already contacted you and are expecting your response.
Re: How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by zynzyn(m): 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
@sigmond

You need SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

Your Alexa Rank and Pagerank are basically Zero

I can do SEO for you for 3 months and you can review results afterwards.

You need to present your viewers with good traffic stats (particularly from search engines) if you want to make money through adverts on your site!

The Service I am offering is to help you make big money on the long run!

send me a mail at seybona2@gmail.com
Re: How Can This Online Newspaper Be Successful by zynzyn(m): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
I would also add free business advice!

Get your online traffic to about at least 200,000 per day.

Use this to acquire a massive regular user base.

You can then use this platform to launch a powerful offline magazine.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Airtel Sim In Bulk Like 10 Thausands Pies My No 07010177777 At Cheaper Ra / The Secret To Earning Your Living Online - How To Start Internet Business / Brand New Laptops As Low As 45k.across Nigeria. Call :08036819899

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.