Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,027 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? (20747 Views)

Poll: Which movie do you prefer?

Harry Potter?: 31% (22 votes)
Lord of the Rings?: 68% (47 votes)
This poll has ended

Alan Rickman (Severus Snape), Harry Potter Actor, Dies Aged 69 / 10 Harry Potter's Movie Mistake / Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Oracle(m): 12:29am On May 22, 2006
These are two (2) great fiction movies. i love them both
LORD OF THE RINGS is a very long story with three parts namely;
Fellowship of the ring - part 1
The two towers          - part 2
The return of the King- part 3
the complete story ends in part three (3), where the hobbits, Gandalf, men and elves succeed in saving the world (middle earth) from SAURON's destruction

HARRY POTTER is also an interesting tale of a young wizard (harry) and his adventures at Hogwarts - school of witchcraft and wizardry
so far iv seen only three parts namely
Harry Potter and the Socerrer's Stone - part 1
Harry potter and the Chamber of secrets - part 2
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - part 3

so far iv watched all the movies listed above and i just don't know which one i prefer so fellas letz hear your opinion

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 12:37am On May 22, 2006
haven't seen lord of da rings cuz i don't like such movies but i just downloaded it, meanwhile, harry porter, i just watched da last one cuz i was forced 2 watch it 4 a school assignmnet and it was nice so i wanna download harry porter den watch da 2 movies and den make ma comments, loo, although am likely 2 like harry porter beta, lol
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Danmasani(m): 3:49am On May 22, 2006
Hell yeah, LOTR is the best anyday. The both just dont compare at all. LOTR is better made, more interesting, invigorating than Harry Potter series.

Come to think of it, the LOTR is listed among the 10 greatest movies of all time by yahoo movies.

LOTR is the bomb!

1 Like

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Ashiwaju(m): 4:25am On May 22, 2006
Have seen the two movies. They are both Adventrous but i would prefer harry porter because the end is yet to come. Voldamont is Back and who knows if its going to take anada 13 years to complete that film. Its intresting, its great and its full of suspence, You just cannot guess what happens before it does! You forget to Mention Harry porter and the Goblet of Fire!
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Oracle(m): 4:56am On May 22, 2006
Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire? is that the part 4?
i'll really like to watch it
i don't miss the Harry Potter series
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Oracle(m): 5:02am On May 22, 2006
I personally think Harry Potter is more Hilarious itz got some things to make you laugh, like anytime[b] RON[/b] and HERMIONE argue itz always funny
The unending Battle Between HARRY and[b] MALFOY[/b].

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:25am On May 22, 2006
Its the Part 4, thats where Voldamount returned as full human
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Oracle(m): 6:02am On May 22, 2006
Oh my God Voldermort back? in human form? HARRY IS DEAD
When i get back i'll make sure i watch it
lemme ask u Asiwaju Is it true Professor Dumbledore was killed?
pls don't say yes

well all lovers of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings get ready coz when next i post i'll ask some questions on both movies.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Seun(m): 6:16am On May 22, 2006
Professor Dumbledore is alive and well in all the Harry Potter movies.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by nferyn(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2006
No comparison. Harry Potter is fun to watch and entertaining. The books are well writen and a worthwhile read, but both the films and the books do not compare to LOTR.
LOTR is an epic in the grand classical tradition, the phantasy world of LOTR is so convincing and full of details (Tolkien actually [i]invented [/i]several languages for Middle Earth) that it would be like comparing the latest Winnie The Pooh childrens book to Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by larger20(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2006
They r both great in their own amazing ways but I will go for lords of the rings because its no kiddy stuff. No joke here. I dont think harrys power can overcome the power of the ring

1 Like

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by opeemi1(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2006
I'm a fan of adventure movies, and those two are still in my Top ten movies grin, and for the actors and actresses in the movies, they were all good in there parts. Can't forget both FRODO and HARRY though. wink wink
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by 1ofall(f): 11:17am On May 22, 2006
I voted LOTR but I don't think they compare, Harry potter is mostly aimed at a younger audience whereas LOTR is deeper,

1 Like

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by roflmao: 12:51pm On May 22, 2006
LMAO @ LOTR and Harry Potter appearing in the same sentence. You must not have read 'em cos if you have you'll realise why errbody here been saying it ain't no contest at all. I ain't even gonna bother voting cos this is just lame.

It's like comparing King Sunny Ade with Dele Taiwo. ROF-LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Badman888(m): 1:24pm On May 22, 2006
I would go with harry potter, i dont seem to understand Lord of the Rings
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by gbadex1(m): 1:33pm On May 22, 2006
both books and movie are deeply entertaining but like nferyn said, you can't compare both 'cos LOTR is a classic in every definition of that word. Harry Potter on the other hand. . . *shrugs* cheesy tongue
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by thelma2(f): 1:56pm On May 22, 2006
Lord of the rings, of course.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by afro: 3:06pm On May 22, 2006
c'mon guys! harry porter is a cute little interesting children's movie dat's all,but LOTR is a real classic,in a every sense of the word.no room for comparison,infact doing that will be movie heresy. grin

1 Like

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by eveseh(f): 4:10pm On May 22, 2006
lord of da ring
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by retro(f): 5:39pm On May 22, 2006
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? LOTR is WAY better than HP. I mean, come on! Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortenson, Elija Woods! WOOT! LOTR all the way.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Ciaralover(f): 6:02pm On May 22, 2006
Lord of da rings!!I dont watch Harry Potter Bcuz it made BTK who he is today which is a Serial killer!!
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by ademiller(f): 7:17pm On May 22, 2006
i will die for lord of d rings any time any day,dat is wat they call film.c if ujwant me to act all the scenes just holla me,i go act am for u,do u know my favourite character? U must know, Action boi Legolas. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. Pls take me 2 the asylum. cool

1 Like

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by ademiller(f): 8:04pm On May 22, 2006
badman88 dis is for u,d reason u dont understand the film is because u may have been in a noisy environment or ur mind was not just there.ow can u say u dont understand LOTR? Haba dont talk like dat
well if u want me to explain the whole story i will do dat for u.i know parts one to three by heart, infact its like when i go home na to rewatch the film.im just obsessed wit the film, i can go on and on.somebody tell me to shut up because i just wont stop.now badmann look at the part one, ma mama say make i shut up but she cant stop me from craseing?shey that english correct so?somebody stop me.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by ademiller(f): 8:29pm On May 22, 2006
and do u giys know who is in the picture. viggo mortensson(aragon), liv tyler (arwen) and elijah woods(frodo)  nice one.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Nia: 4:58am On May 23, 2006
LOTR all the way.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by retro(f): 4:06pm On May 23, 2006
ademiller:

and do u giys know who is in the picture. viggo mortensson(aragon), liv tyler (arwen) and elijah woods(frodo) nice one.
Who doesn't know who's in the picture. What a question.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by dakmanzero(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2006
@nferyn

I agree that LOTR is in a class of its own, what with it being an 80-year old classic that spawned an entire subgenre of popular literature and single-handedly created a template from which a billion other incredbly rich tapestries were wrought, but we shouldn't detract from HP just because it is only a few years old.

HP is a childrens story at heart, but remember, the Hobbit was equally juvenile in its disposition when tolkien wrote it. Its broad appeal comes from Rowlings' incredible talent at 'projecting', what I call the trick writers use to make a circumstance that the reader may not otherwise experience, seem so familiar! HP actually enables us experience what the children at hogwarts experience, regardless of our ages, and the realisation of this is so rich, so enchanting that it is difficult not to get caught up!

I grew up on Narnia, read LOTR while in uni, and was introduced to HP around the time of the second movie. Personally I think all three are amazing and am thrilled that the movie realisations are so complete, so perfect. I can;t wait for the wheel of time and DUNE to get a similar treatment.

So which is better? I'd have to say LOTR- mainly because all 3 movies mainained a high standard. as for HP, the first was lovely, the second was boring, the third was excellent (but slow to pick up) and the fourth was good but rushed and abbreviated compared to the original novel.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by justkunmi(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2006
How can u compare Lord of the rings with Harry potter. Of course harry potter is better. It has an interestingly unique story u can actually follow through all the series from the philosopher's stone to half blood prince. When u read any of the books, u actually feel u are a part of the story. after i read half blood prince, i actually thot about the possibility of a wizarding world somwhere with hogwarts, harry, hermione,dumbledore and others.I'm not takin anything away from Lord of the rings but Harry potter is better. I've read and watched all the harry potter series available.i've also read and watched all of lord of the rings and i can clearly say that harry potter is far better, and i cant wait for book 7.

nairalanders,, does anyone know how i can get in touch with J.K Rowling herself?? i need to contact her and tell her some stuff for book 7,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by trips(m): 9:57pm On May 23, 2006
reading harry potter was so cool,
but the movie wasn't really up to my imaginations,
lord of the rings wasnt too interesting to read but the movie was spectacular,
this is a hard decision oooo,
but i go give am to lord of the rings!! cheesy
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Seun(m): 10:07pm On May 23, 2006
As you can see, this thread is about the movies.
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by dakmanzero(m): 8:45am On May 25, 2006
It is about the movies but,

its impossible to seperate them from the source material!

much of the appeal of these movies is their extraordinary faithfulness to the original texts. In particular, that is what did it for me vis a vis fellowship of the ring (PJ went crazy with TTT and ROTK afterwards but the fils were awesome so we forgive him)
Re: 'Lord Of The Rings' Or 'Harry Potter' Movie? by Modups1(f): 1:53pm On May 25, 2006
definitely LORD OF THE RINGS!

this movie is just awesome and you feel Frodo & Sam all the way. Sam is a friend through & through, talk about a friend who believed in & stuck to Frodo all the way even when that nasty smiegel tried all he could to part and kill Frodo Baggins. Elijah Woods really did his role justice

the whole story, costume and of course d cast are just too awesome.
you need to watch the trilogy in one sitting to really enjoy d movie.

Harry Potter is ok but i'm gonna stick to LOTR

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers / Orijinal Owambe: How Orijin Pulled Off BBN Edition With Live Experience (PHOTOS) / Last Flight To Abuja (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.