Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 AM

Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? (2148 Views)

I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) / Nnpc Or Accenture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? by sehawale: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size][color=#770077][/color]
Please, your friend is in dilemma. Which of NNPC and Schlumberger (Expat Apptmt) would you recommend for him?
Re: Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
Interesting. It depends on a lot of factors. What's the job role in the individual firms? Is (s)he being recruited as a permanent staff? What are pay packages like?
More information is needed to give you a good response.
Re: Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? by sehawale: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2013
@X-fire, Thanks. The package in Schlumberger is about $8,500= (monthly take home...I mean after tax). He is presently with Schlumberger that is why I can tell you the package there. For NNPC, he has not seen the package. He is gonna be permanent staff in both coys. More of field operations in Schlum tho'
Re: Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? by Insanity(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
sehawale: @X-fire, Thanks. The package in Schlumberger is about $8,500= (monthly take home...I mean after tax). He is presently with Schlumberger that is why I can tell you the package there. For NNPC, he has not seen the package. He is gonna be permanent staff in both coys. More of field operations in Schlum tho'

Did you just say $8500/month? Wow,
@poster No comment
Re: Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
sehawale: @X-fire, Thanks. The package in Schlumberger is about $8,500= (monthly take home...I mean after tax). He is presently with Schlumberger that is why I can tell you the package there. For NNPC, he has not seen the package. He is gonna be permanent staff in both coys. More of field operations in Schlum tho'
Well, I wish I knew his/her discipline and level of experience. You also didn't mention the proposed job role at NNPC, cos I'm not too sure NNPC has recruited new staffs. But lemme give some advice.

If it is a graduate or mid career role, Schlumberger is better in terms of pay and exposure, though the work can be hectic (no work-life balance). Pay is quite big (though considering the fact that things may be more expensive out there) - even IOC's in Nigeria don't pay graduates that much (i.e excluding allowances). Pay in NNPC is meagre compared to that amount. Working in Schlum will also afford him/her the chance to travel a lot and work. Personally, I value work-life balance.

If it's a managerial role, NNPC all the way! NNPC ogas are the real guys that enjoy the money. It also gives them some level of influence. Work life balance is also much better
Re: Guys, Please NNPC Or Schlumberger (expat Appointment). Which Would You Accept??? by sehawale: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
x-fire, thanks so much!. It is not managerial role @ NNPC. It is one of these popular recruitment that they started in 2010/11. @ Schlumberger, it is basically Field job. To get to management will take another 2yrs minimum with lots of hard work. I will surely tell him all these and live the decision to quit Schlum or not to him. U d man!

(1) (Reply)

Hsmp - Canada And Uk / Phonics Training In Lagos. Don't Be Left Out / Which Do U Prefer Male Or Female Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.