Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? (14052 Views)

Tether Your Bb To Pc With 1k 3gb Glo Bis / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by jovie50: 12:03am On Jun 29, 2013
Pls, how can I use my blackberry bold(5) 9900 to serve as a modem with my PC? I had a curve 3 before, and it was connecting well. But my new bold 5 does not! I'm really fed up, I'll really appreciate your help .....pls gurus in the forum, help a brother in need....
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by networkgenuis: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
You have two options, you can either use the mobile hotspot if your PC has WiFi feature, or you install Blackberry desktop manager and connect using USB cable.
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by jovie50: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
networkgenuis: You have two options, you can either use the mobile hotspot if your PC has WiFi feature, or you install Blackberry desktop manager and connect using USB cable.
Bro I know all dis features u just mentioned above, my problem is that It's not connecting; showing me error....... But when I connect it with curve 3, it worked wella..... My question is how do I make it to work with my BOLD 5?
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by toria1980(f): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2013
networkgenuis: You have two options, you can either use the mobile hotspot if your PC has WiFi feature, or you install Blackberry desktop manager and connect using USB cable.

@jovie50 if the above method does not work for u, then either uphone or PC has wrong settings...I use a bold 5 and its being serving as my modern for 8 months
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by jovie50: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
toria1980:

@jovie50 if the above method does not work for u, then either uphone or PC has wrong settings...I use a bold 5 and its being serving as my modern for 8 months
Pls I'll be very grateful, if u could brief me on how to go about it.........pls ma, I really need this.......
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by femi4: 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
jovie50:
Pls I'll be very grateful, if u could brief me on how to go about it.........pls ma, I really need this.......
Get the latest version of bb desktop manager,
also your apn must be set as blackberry.net
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by networkgenuis: 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
jovie50:
Just like Femi said, make sure you install the latest desktop manager. Another thing is, does your current desktop manager recognize your Bold 9900?
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by jovie50: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2013
networkgenuis:
Just like Femi said, make sure you install the latest desktop manager. Another thing is, does your current desktop manager recognize your Bold 9900?

Yeah, I av the lastest version of desktop manager(7.1).....it recognizes it, but the mobile internet does not connect(showing invalid settings), n failed to connect to mobile internet.......... Mind u, I av using my curve 3 as a modem since last year n I normally use blackberry.net as my APN....... My question nw is dat: is there another means to connect? n av u seen anybody using bold 5 to tether? Pls n pls urgent answer!!!!!!
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by networkgenuis: 2:43am On Jul 02, 2013
jovie50:
Yeah, I av the lastest version of desktop manager(7.1).....it recognizes it, but the mobile internet does not connect(showing invalid settings), n failed to connect to mobile internet.......... Mind u, I av using my curve 3 as a modem since last year n I normally use blackberry.net as my APN....... My question nw is dat: is there another means to connect? n av u seen anybody using bold 5 to tether? Pls n pls urgent answer!!!!!!
Do you have an active BIS on the sim?
If yes, which network?
Else, which data package are you subscribed to?
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by femi4: 6:28am On Jul 02, 2013
Alternative mtd:

1.Download and install Tether to
your PC by visiting the URL on your
computer:
* Windows Version:
http://tether.com/t/setupdrv.exe

2. Download Tether on your
BlackBerry® by opening the
following URL with your
BlackBerry® device, from the
browser: http://tether.com/t/tether.jad

3. Please disable all wireless
network connections and run the software Tether on both the PC and
the BlackBerry® and follow the
onscreen instructions.

If you are seeing an error for "No
Available Port", this means you
need to set the correct APN and
make sure all permissions have
been granted to Tether on your
BlackBerry® device.
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by jovie50: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2013
networkgenuis:
Do you have an active BIS on the sim?
If yes, which network?
Else, which data package are you subscribed to?
Yes sir, I av an active BIS on my GLO sim n I'm using the complete package(#1400)
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by jovie50: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2013
femi4: Alternative mtd:

1.Download and install Tether to
your PC by visiting the URL on your
computer:
* Windows Version:
http://tether.com/t/setupdrv.exe

2. Download Tether on your
BlackBerry® by opening the
following URL with your
BlackBerry® device, from the
browser: http://tether.com/t/tether.jad

3. Please disable all wireless
network connections and run the software Tether on both the PC and
the BlackBerry® and follow the
onscreen instructions.

If you are seeing an error for "No
Available Port", this means you
need to set the correct APN and
make sure all permissions have
been granted to Tether on your
BlackBerry® device.
Ok sir, lemme try sharp! Sharp! I'll get back to u if I'm successful or not........ Thanks sir .......... Dat means I don't need d desktop manager for these steps above?
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by jovie50: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
@Mr. femi, thans v.much it worked, i'm even using it to type u dis message nw..............but d tether software is a trial version!!! pls n pls, is there any license key u could provide me with to unlock it............. pls n pls, man u are God sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? by kay4cashmoney(m): 7:24am On Jul 04, 2013
toria1980:

. Pls can it work on etisalat bis by hotspot wireless with pc, bold 5

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Droipad 7D - Successor To The Droipad 7C Pro / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers / Help Me Nokia Restriction Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.