Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead (7603 Views)

There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike / Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau / Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by nitlad: 2:37am On Jun 29, 2013
[size=18pt]48 Killed In Fresh Plateau Clashes[/size]

The Media Officer of the Special Task Force, Capt. Salisu Mustapha, has said that 28 natives were killed in the pre-dawn attack on some communities in Langtang South Local Government area of Plateau State while 20 of the insurgents were killed in a cross fire with soldiers.

But the state Police Commissioner, Mr. Chris Olakpe, said 10 people were killed while four others sustained injuries in the mayhem.

Olakpe, in an interview with our correspondent in Jos on Friday, said that when the dust settled, he got a report that more victims had been recovered. He, however, said he had yet to get the full brief from his men on ground.

This came as the community raised the alarm that more insurgents had arrived Yelwa Shendam and were planning to move to Sabongida and Mabudi, the headquarters of Langtang South. The terrorists were said to have arrived in the area with sophisticated weapons.

Executive Director of Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, said he was informed by some residents, who were already fleeing their houses.

Mustapha, in a statement in Jos on Friday, said, "At about 1 am on Thursday, some suspected Fulani gunmen stormed and attacked Magama, Bongong and Karkashi villages of Langtang South, killing about 28 persons. STF personnel went to the scene to bring the situation under control but the gunmen engaged them in a gun duel that lasted several hours.

"In the process, about 20 of the assailants were killed while some, who sustained gunshot injuries, were arrested. Some motorcycles and weapons were also recovered."

The STF spokesman said the attackers thereafter beat a retreat to Yamini, Yelwa Shendam and Agikamai villages.

However, Olakpe, who lamented the proliferation of arms in those areas, said that a special task force would be set up to mop up arms in the southern Plateau.

The commissioner warned that any person found with unauthorised weapon would be prosecuted, reminding them that the ban on the possession and use of arms was still in force.

Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by OgaTheTop2: 4:56am On Jun 29, 2013
cool
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by waja(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2013
And Jang is in Abuja contesting with Amaechi over NGF.

6 Likes

Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2013
waja: And Jang is in Abuja contesting with Amaechi over NGF.

I tire oo
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Samelfisha(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2013
shocked
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by PassionD(f): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2013
Wǎ̜̣̍τ̲̅-exactly-is-going-on?.-Y-d-killing-without-mercy?-God-pls-help-us.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by lorddarshwood(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2013
Jos and northerners are killing and dying and Jonathan and the rest are watching it like some thriller horror...Nigeria situation is like a movie with no good director

1 Like

Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by AGgal(f): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2013
Dem don start. RIP to the innocent ones
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by feyifassy: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2013
Oh no ! Dis killings are getting too much!
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by greall1: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Reyspin(m): 10:02am On Jun 29, 2013
Shay dem no go kill this people finish... I think dere is some conspiracy in this killing oooo... Maybe the Government want to decrease their population... meanwhile what is Methusellah (Jang)doing about it abi na??
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by ichommy(m): 10:03am On Jun 29, 2013
Baba Agba ya ti ko ni ironu, omo inu re lon ba dun oye, won para won in ipinle re ta lo ye ko ronu bi won ma pari gbogbo wahala to wa ni state re, oburu jai.

3 Likes

Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by MCKULQ(m): 10:03am On Jun 29, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked
shocked
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by ichommy(m): 10:06am On Jun 29, 2013
waja: And Jang is in Abuja contesting with Amaechi over NGF.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by PHIPEX(m): 10:06am On Jun 29, 2013
Nigeria is gradually distroying my psyche, I don't feel empathetic to reports of deaths across the country any more. It's now a normal news embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 29, 2013
greall1: .

Busted!

2 Likes

Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
NORMAL THIN for naija, not for me though........... NEXT??
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Youngzedd(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2013
Another one again!

Northerners self.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2013
Meanwhile, Jang is somewhere in Abuja playing politics with Amaechi.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by toshmann(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2013
O plateau state again. We need emergency law there for 10yrs. And all Fulani men in that state should be subject to stop-and-search. Infact all men in plateau should be subject to stop-and-search at all times.

And their governor is more interested in NGF chairman grin
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2013
The Gov is more concerned about the NGF election and candidacy.. So average citizens bury your dead am sorry
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by omniwater007: 10:30am On Jun 29, 2013
Na today?
Anyway,cementry go plenty for north as a result high death rate. sad
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by AbuMikey(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2013
Mi Ole Waku
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by mildteddy(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2013
PHIPEX: Nigeria is gradually distroying my psyche, I don't feel empathetic to reports of deaths across the country any more. It's now a normal news embarassed
I share the same lamentation bro. The worst part about it is the pictures on social networks. People have not learnt to use discretion in sensitive issues that has much to do with ethics and morals. Anytime something tragic happens, some people will get the pictures and fill the social networks with it as if the dead people in them we never once alive, as if they would have loved the pictures of their mutilated bodies displayed for the world to see. NO RESPECTS at all, which is bad.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by opelawife(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Oga o. Thrilling Nigerian theaterics.... And you call us brothers under one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Occurstaem(m): 10:45am On Jun 29, 2013
This is too much.Enough!!!
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by juman(m): 10:50am On Jun 29, 2013
opelawife: Oga o. Thrilling Nigerian theaterics.... And you call us brothers under one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God.

Of course the country is divisible.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by Policewoman(f): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2013
Seems JANG is too IMPOTENT to handle Plateau state. He should just resign.
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2013
MCKULQ: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked
shocked

Waste of MB and time. CLIKE LIKE if he/she is a learner

4 Likes

Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by citizenY(m): 11:45am On Jun 29, 2013
I don't tire...and tire
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by YOUNGKAHUNA: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
Like For Real...Where Y'all Gettin The News From?

Me Dey Jos But No Dey Hear Anything Ooo...
Re: Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead by docadams: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
YOUNGKAHUNA: Like For Real...Where Y'all Gettin The News From?

Me Dey Jos But No Dey Hear Anything Ooo...
My brother, it would have been better for u to stay disconnected in Naija o. That way u will live a relatively normal life. Now that u are connected, u don carry ant infested firewood o. Na wahala news dey for Naija o. If I were u, I go run four forty back to when I nor dey here news o. Na there peace dey o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonyebarcanista Tongue-lashed For Calling Dr Joe Abbah A Liar.. Pictures / Osinbajo Breakdown In Tears Kneel Down Beg Abba Kyari- Post Nigeria / Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.