Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System (2932 Views)

The Atheists Test / Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? / Have You Scrutinized/criticised Your Belief System Or Do You Just Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
Kay 17:

How did you know that?

It's because, there must be a cause for our existance. Man cannot just exist without a cause.

If you say man evolved from apes, then from where did the apes evolved?

And remember, Evolution Theory is merely assumptions made by some people.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
D sage:

It's because, there must be a cause for our existance. Man cannot just exist without a cause.

And GOD isn't?
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Emusan(m): 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mudley313:
Here ya go...
* the bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18)
Point one Bible didn't mention BIRD I believe you add that one to support your false claim. This is where the Bible verse started from Lev 11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
NOTE: the fowls there was translated from HEBREW word OWPH meaning every flying creature. Does bat fly or walk?

* some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21)
Again another lie to cover your claim. Bible didn't say they have four feet. Notice the bold here; Lev 11:20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;

they have two legs and two wings!

* some creeping insects have four legs. (Lev. 11:22-23)
Nothing like insect in that verse. The question you should ask from that verse is, what are these four feet creeping things? because Bible didn't mention them.

* hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6)
* conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5)
The hebrew word where hares & coney was translated is "SAPHAN" which can best describe as "HYRAX" though there's a little misusage of this word in translation of Bible by King James but at original text it was not so.

* camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4)
Remember camel hoof is only split halfway not as you thing.

* the earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV)
please what support your own evidence that earth was not formed out of water?

* the earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:cool
* the earth won't be moved (1 Chron. 16:30)
You misconstructe the message passing by the writer, earth rest on NOTHING Job Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

* the rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13)
Do you believe early earth atmosphere doesn't have free oxygen? Which means water couldn't have formed in the early atmosphere.

* a mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV)
Jesus statement here was directly for people He was addressing which in BLACK mustard seed was the smallest then and if Jesus talks about unknown seed how His PARABLE will be understood.

* turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12)
You miss the real message there. The same verse says "brirds are singing". Is just a figurative phrase!

* the earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3)
* the earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1)
You miss it here again, Job is talking about how God is directing lightning from North-South and West-East. While Isaiah was talking about FOUR CARDINAL ponit.

[qoute]* some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21)[/quote]
Prove it wrong

* the world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9)
This is even one thing that prove evolution wrong, language didn't evolve!

* a fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44)
It didn't happen in the Bible, it has happened in this Nigeria. Try to browse the history of 'Moses' founder of Cherubim & Seraphim Church.

* the moon is a light source like the sun (Gen 1:16)
It's a lie! Compare to this verse Matt 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light".....

If Moon has light Jesus could not have said after the darkeness of the Sun, Moon won't give its light. You simply misconstruct the statement there also.

Read more here......
https://www.nairaland.com/1305164/things-only-god-could-known
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
musKeeto:

And GOD isn't?

Absolutely YES!

Until you people are able to explain fully the "consciousness", I think there's no point in denying the fact that God exist.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Emusan(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
Kay 17:
In other words, the best evidence for spirits is within the subjective experience of a few people?

No! Not subjective to some people but everyone either a good spirit or a bad spirit. You can't tell me that everybody loves you. The spirit that makes some people to hate you is a bad spirit which sometimes you may possess as a person.

That doesn't at all prove the omniscience of God, rather proves man's limited knowledge. So I ask again, how do you know God is omniscient?

What beyond the relm of science has to do with supernatural which God has claimed. 'A supernatural Being'.

If man has limited knowledge;

*why man then seeking the most powerful, all-knowing God with their finite wisdom empirically?

*why man always place himself in the position of God Almighty?
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Kay17: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
D sage:

This has no bearing at all to my question. How do you know God is omniscient??
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Kay17: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
Emusan:

No! Not subjective to some people but everyone either a good spirit or a bad spirit. You can't tell me that everybody loves you. The spirit that makes some people to hate you is a bad spirit which sometimes you may possess as a person.

What beyond the relm of science has to do with supernatural which God has claimed. 'A supernatural Being'.

If man has limited knowledge;

*why man then seeking the most powerful, all-knowing God with their finite wisdom empirically?

*why man always place himself in the position of God Almighty?

Whenever I do something bad or good, I don't see spirits and neither do I lose selfcontrol.

That doesn't prove God is omniscient.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by manmustwac(m): 2:45am On Jul 02, 2013
D sage:

And the creation story is just a fairytale invented by primitive man who had to make sense of their surroundings
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Emusan(m): 7:01am On Jul 02, 2013
Kay 17:

Whenever I do something bad or good, I don't see spirits and neither do I lose selfcontrol.
But there's a spirit behind all actions, and your conscience is there to convince you either good or bad action.

If you want to feel any power of external spirit then you must follow the procedure of people who have experienced the same.

That doesn't prove God is omniscient.
I didn't answer this question. God is omniscient because all natural laws broke out from Him. He knows the right chemicals He puts together that made up life under normal atmospheric condition and power to make them reproduce according to their kinds. He is the one that wrote DNA informations and created biometric molecules to compiled it. He also knows what dark energy is made up e.t.c
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2013
These atheists are still the same. Answer the simple question and stop bringing God into it.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Kay17: 7:55am On Jul 02, 2013
Emusan:
But there's a spirit behind all actions, and your conscience is there to convince you either good or bad action.

If you want to feel any power of external spirit then you must follow the procedure of people who have experienced the same.

I didn't answer this question. God is omniscient because all natural laws broke out from Him. He knows the right chemicals He puts together that made up life under normal atmospheric condition and power to make them reproduce according to their kinds. He is the one that wrote DNA informations and created biometric molecules to compiled it. He also knows what dark energy is made up e.t.c

Emusan, earlier you said that the perception of spirits is not limited to the subjective experiences of the few, rather it is experienced generally. And I became the guinea pig, I do bad and good things, yet I see no spirits. Automatically, your conclusions failed. But you still insist on a procedure a few people follow?! Have you seen spirits?
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 02, 2013
D sage:
Until you people are able to explain fully the "consciousness", I think there's no point in denying the fact that God exist.
It's a known fact that GOD's usually a cover for our ignorance. One day, consciousness may be explained. And God will have to be redefined once again.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 02, 2013
Reyginus: These atheists are still the same. Answer the simple question and stop bringing God into it.
And neither have you...

No one mentioned God until someone decided to start quoting verses.

D sage:

I doubt if you actually study bible very well. Contrary to your view that nobody has ever used information in the bible to invented anything, the following bible verses could be of help to you;

for instance, Job 28:25 says air has weight. Science confirm that air is about 50 miles thick,exactly the right composition to support life.

Job 22:14 and Isaiah 40:22 gives/tell us the earth is not flat but round,which was later found to be true by Christopher Columbus.

Proverb 16:24 and 17:22 explain psychotherapy.

Psalm 139:13-16 poetically describe the value of DNA molecule in the formation of the unborn child.

Infact there are numerous other verses like that in the bible,just try to read and figure them out. The fact is that, every scientist is inspire at least by something which I believe bible is one of.

Besides, what is so difficult to answer in the last three questions?

Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2013
musKeeto:
It's a known fact that GOD's usually a cover for our ignorance. One day, consciousness may be explained. And God will have to be redefined once again.
lol muskeeto. Blind faith.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2013
Kay 17:

There is no God and we don't fully understand Consciousness.
there is a God you dont know or comprehend, and we understand consciousness perfectly.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Kay17: 8:40am On Jul 02, 2013
Chibuebem: there is a God you dont know or comprehend, and we understand consciousness perfectly.

What is it made up of?
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2013
Chibuebem: there is a God you dont know or comprehend, and we understand consciousness perfectly.
Isn't it the same God whose ways or thoughts can't be understood or comprehended?

And talk of blind faith.. lol
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2013
musKeeto:
Isn't it the same God whose ways or thoughts can't be understood or comprehended?

And talk of blind faith.. lol
yeah. You have faith that consciousness will be explained by science one day.

1 Like

Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 02, 2013
Chibuebem: yeah. You have faith that consciousness will be explained by science one day.
You talk of science like it's a God... Science makes no promises.. neither does it pander to our beliefs. Heck, science might even detect God one day. That isn't blind faith my dear. Blind faith is trusting in something you have no proof of.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2013
Kay 17:

What is it made up of?
according to genesis, man has the breath of God; Spirit. The bible makes known the fact that man is a spirit, has a soul or mind, and lives in a body. The mind is the door to the spirit. Animals have a soul, but they dont have the breath of God (spirit)
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2013
musKeeto:
You talk of science like it's a God... Science makes no promises.. neither does it pander to our beliefs. Heck, science might even detect God one day. That isn't blind faith my dear. Blind faith is trusting in something you have no proof of.
hmmm. Ok oga. Jesus still proves himself shaa. And i trusted in him when i felt the power of his spirit convict me. Have you felt this before? And i dont think science can detect God one day. He is a spiritual being, i dont think he can be detected with physical instruments.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by mazaje(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2013
Chibuebem: hmmm. Ok oga. Jesus still proves himself shaa. And i trusted in him when i felt the power of his spirit convict me. Have you felt this before? And i dont think science can detect God one day. He is a spiritual being, i dont think he can be detected with physical instrument

Have you personally detected your god?. . .
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2013
mazaje:

Have you personally detected your god?. . .
Oga Mazaje, good day
Hw fa u and folykaze waka?
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 10:09am On Jul 02, 2013
Kay 17:

This has no bearing at all to my question. How do you know God is omniscient??

1. I belief spirit/unseen forces do exist.

2. Thing cannot exist without a designer.

Base on the above points,God is spirit, omniscient and supernatural being!
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 10:18am On Jul 02, 2013
manmustwac: And the creation story is just a fairytale invented by primitive man who had to make sense of their surroundings

You're wrong, unlike Evolution Theory,Creation story is link with unseen forces/spirit(God) and not Apes.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2013
Kay 17:

What is it made up of?

SPIRIT !
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by MrTroll(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2013
D sage:

You're wrong, unlike Evolution Theory,Creation story is link with unseen forces/spirit(God) and not Apes.
D sage:

1. I belief spirit/unseen forces do exist.

2. Thing cannot exist without a designer.

Base on the above points,God is spirit, omniscient and supernatural being!
damn!! Man you're sooooo dull!
You debate for your primary school at all?
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 10:36am On Jul 02, 2013
musKeeto:

Consciousness can never be explain by science because it's ideal and beyond human understanding. It's of God!

Besides, your last sentence shows that deep inside, you still believed in existence of God.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by MrTroll(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2013
D sage:

Consciousness can never be explain by science because it's ideal and beyond human understanding. It's of God!

Besides, your last sentence shows that deep inside, you still believed in existence of God.
besides, your last sentence shows that deep inside you're an OLODO!
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 10:47am On Jul 02, 2013
Mr Troll: damn!! Man you're sooooo dull!
You debate for your primary school at all?

Why? Give your reason please.

Never call someone dull or stupid because his view is diffrent from yours. Just prove him wrong ok. We are here to educate and learn from one another.

Please, we are all adults.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by Dsage1: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2013
Mr Troll: besides, your last sentence shows that deep inside you're an OLODO!

If our discussion here is too difficult for your brain cells to process or criticise objectively,please keep quiet.
Re: Some Simple Questions For The Atheists On Their Belief System by mazaje(m): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2013
musKeeto:
Oga Mazaje, good day
Hw fa u and folykaze waka?

We go run am next weekend. . . .I am in naija now and we have been keeping intouch. . .Wuna go see the videos for sure. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Received Power? The Trinity just Got Interesting / Where Is Truthman2012 / Been A Gay Is Natural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.