Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP (16856 Views)

3 Soldiers Injured In Yobe Suicide Attack / 6 Persons Missing, 3 Soldiers Injured In Ambush In Plateau / Boko-Haram Kidnap French Family In Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by 4Play(m): 11:08am On Jun 29, 2013
With our cowed local media's enforced silence whilst toeing the Govt's line about Boko Haram's defeat, accomplished or imminent, it's not surprising that news about Boko Haram's continuing activities tends to be found mainly in foreign press.

Officials: 20 Islamic extremists, 3 security forces killed in Nigeria
Published June 28, 2013
Associated Press

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria – A military intelligence officer says soldiers have killed 20 Islamic extremists while two police officers died in an hours-long shootout near Maiduguri city in northeast Nigeria.

An army officer, meanwhile, says that in another attack Thursday, militants killed one soldier and abducted three others in Potiskum.

The officers requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak to reporters on the record. Bala Ahmed, a taxi driver in the area, also said he witnessed the fight near Maiduguri.

Potiskum and Maiduguri are strongholds of Boko Haram, an Islamic extremist group behind numerous attacks in Nigeria.

Three northeast states covering a sixth of this West African oil producer have been under a state of emergency since May 14 as the military has tried to crack down on the extremists

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/28/officials-20-islamic-extremists-3-security-forces-killed-in-nigeria/#ixzz2XbAjanGX
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Alxmyr(m): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2013
4 Play: With our cowed local media's enforced silence whilst toeing the Govt's line about Boko Haram's defeat, accomplished or imminent, it's not surprising that news about Boko Haram's continuing activities tends to be found mainly in foreign press.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/28/officials-20-islamic-extremists-3-security-forces-killed-in-nigeria/#ixzz2XbAjanGX

And so do we clap for BH?

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by mike404(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2013
Alxmyr:

And so do we clap for BH?
NA BUHARI WEY DEY GINGER DEM WE SUPPOSE DEY CLAP FOR NOW sad

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by 3ace(m): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
You should be sensible enough to know that reporting such news will boost the morale of those morons. As for the foreign media, wetin concern them if una go to war. Theirs is to continue to report bad news so as to have a good balance sheet at the end of the year.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Joyfullyme: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
grin Talk wetin u know oo!! By simple reasoning you should know that if such a thing occurs .......
1. The local media would report it.
2. Social media in general and Nairaland in particular would carry the news.
3. GEJ's enemies both political and spiritual would be glad to spread the news.
4. It does not make tactical logic.
BH left the borders to the center of a heavily occupied town(Maiduguiri) to engage soldiers .. not a soft target oo... then disappeared back into thin air after one hour of fighting.
They went further into town to Potiskum to kidnap soldiers (and put them into their pockets grin).
How would they get back to where they can keep them?
Well no mind me... na we be black men naaaa... High 5 !!! grin anything oyibo talk na him we dey take.

18 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
The way of cowards. undecided
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
boko boys .. nawaoo
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Aedesmuskeeto: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
Oh 4ck!!
My heart weeps for this kind of news..
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Desdola(m): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
But finally the Nigerian army is winning d war over those insurgents. RIP to those brave soldiers that lost their lives.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by vccghana(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
Nigeria i prophesy in the name of Jesus that you will live longer that what this political enemy think will happen to us if the loose power Amen

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by splashbaby(m): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
A developing story! no haste to comment yet.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by sanandreas(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
dnt get it twisted nigeria will always be on the winning side.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Bryancrox(m): 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
Boko haram kidnap soldiers? Wtf is like woman rape man...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
4 Play: With our cowed local media's enforced silence whilst toeing the Govt's line about Boko Haram's defeat, accomplished or imminent, it's not surprising that news about Boko Haram's continuing activities tends to be found mainly in foreign press.

naija like bad news. it's like this mumu enjoy boko haram news, see d kind nonsense hin dey yarn. no be d same foreign media go look for fake soilder dey soil jft name? mtchew abi no be the same local media dey feed us bad news of boko people b4

infact i feel like slapping you for this nonsense wey you write mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by deletrue: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
Well i feel for jona. He is being attacked from both fronts (inside and outside ) they want his administration down by all means. May God take care you jona, amen.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Austyn316(m): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
I don't believe this story.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by iamswizz(m): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
[size=20pt]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Macelliot(m): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
I thought the boko haram are hopeless, cos everyone of them fleed after 'state of emmergency' declaration by GEJ. I haven't heard about them since then, but now I think they are back with stronger reinforcement.
The north-east & north-central are so vulnerable to boko's attack.
FG says "Tommorow will be better."..............but they never knew Today was Yesterday's tommorow....
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Okijajuju1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
We shall overcome... angry

No retreat, no surrender and no negotiation with terrorists.. angry

Send in the Nigerian Version of Navy Seals to carry out a search and rescue ops.. angry

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Plutarch: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2013

You sound like a Boko haram sympathizer smiley. Nobody has ever ascribed the position of a superman to each personel in the army undecided. There is a confrontation and the army together with the "civilian jtf" are winning smiley. Even if BH boys should kidnap 20 soldiers that are off guard that wont change my opinion embarassed.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by MCKULQ(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
shocked.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by stanogb(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
It is a very clear fact and no longer a hypothesis that the so called Islamic sect (Boko haram) have been defeated by the Nigerian soliders and other well meaning informants.
They are now acting in an insipid, and confused manner as no one is able to fathom or comprehend their agenda.
Kidnapping a solider or 3 soliders in this type of precarious situation further puts them in a state of gargantwan gaga as they have no where to run to.
I want to recommend that there should be a house to hut search so as to discover more of these insoucient and unfathomable wizards' hideouts.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by drshrewd: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
the captor is now the captive sad angry
SMHD(shaking my humble Dik angry)
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by dedons: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
Na wa o

our brothers from the south don join BOKO ARE RAM
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by dammytosh: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
I guess even Boko haram now have e-propaganda machine on Nairaland.

ArQueBusieR: The way of cowards. undecided

Ok we don hear, Boko Haram is winning, they should shoot videos from their former camps and send online. Bunch of morons.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by emmanuel4758(m): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
see op if u carry dis kind rumour again i go quit from nairaland cuz i dnt deal wit rumour mongers abeg were ur source from mtchew
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Symphony007: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
This are just mere bumps on the road. No matter how cynical one can be you cannot deny the fact that our troops have tried, you do not expect them to do everything at once, slow and steady wins the game. I would think that when our country is under attack, we should support and thank the great men and women in uniform who are dying today to secure our tomorrow not use situations to score cheap political points.
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by bankyblue(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
When Boko boys kidnap soldier boys. Hmmm! That na GOBE Oº°˚ ˚°º
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
The head line should be Boko Haram adopt Muslim soldiers that decided to give up their freedom and duty as a collateral for fellow Muslims. period.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by akinladejo: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
That's unfortunate. This is more reason they should be doing shooting at sight to d BHs. I can tell u dey will not realease soilders alive•
Re: Boko Haram Kidnap 3 Soldiers - AP by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
mike404: NA BUHARI WEY DEY GINGER DEM WE SUPPOSE DEY CLAP FOR NOW sad
mike404 lol once na boko haram, buhari is involved. Buhari you see wetin you don cos yourself ba, i told you dont say what you said, now mike404 is breathing down your neck wink smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Poll Protest: Pdp Chiefs ‘mentally Unstable’ –aregbesola / Picture Of The Northern Cities and street / Dapo Ojora's Family Announces Funeral Arrangements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.