Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,586 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression (910 Views)

Anja Ringgren-Loven Helps More Nigerian Children (Photos) / He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression by draogtech: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
A psychiatrist at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Biodun Idowu, said on Saturday that more women were falling into mental depression due to increased marital challenges.

Mr. Idowu, who made the assertion while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria in Osogbo, said “there are now more cases of women suffering from mental depression.

‘’Investigations point to the fact that many young career ladies are pressed to get married, while those married are struggling to keep their homes.

Read details here: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/139847-marital-challenges-make-more-nigerian-women-suffer-from-mental-depression-psychiatrist.html
Re: Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression by kreamidiva(f): 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
True talk
Re: Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression by Princesszoe: 2:52am On Jun 30, 2013
Exactly. I know a woman who was born in a good and committed christian home. She was well trained. She got married to an unfaithful and irresponsible man who even went to the extend of beding their maid. She got to know that her husband sleeps with their maid through dreams. She trusted her instincts and monitored them closely and was able to got a little evidence which she held on to seriously and later got the whole truth from her maid .The heat changed the woman's behaviour, mentality, belief and conception. And this has been going on for more than ten years now. Their children grew up and started getting pissed by their mum's behaviour, actions and sense of reasoning. They wanted to know why she behaves like that. It was their mum's sisters that called them and told them everything because few of them that was born then were very little to remember what happened. Today, those kids are finding it frustrating to put up with their mum's behaviour but they seek her healing because they know that she did not choose that part . They pray for her always to have a restoration in her wounded and broken heart. I think that the woman even had intimacy with her husband's nephew during the time the whole thing took place. Because she was confused and seeking for healing and happiness. Am not so sure but i guess the children found out too. But she realised her self and stopped and went back to God but up till last year, even as am posting this message, that woman still has not been totally healed but a light of healing came in in recent years but the marriage has never been the same again. There is no love nor trust nor compromises again because she now beliefs that if she gives in again, she might be heart broken the second time and might be killed. And with all these, the children has no serious love for their father nor even planned of changing their hearts towards him due to the unsettled home he has created. Single ladies should be extra careful when choosing who to marry. Good and responsible men are very few but God can make the few to be very enough for His daughters for that is why we call Him miracle working God, God of signs and wonders. (single ladies)Only get close to God, trust Him, and the rest will be history.
Re: Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 30, 2013
Oh my!at d above.sooo sad.shiiit happens o. Tryin to picture d above home,poor woman!even d kids r affected too.
U c a swt talking gal turn a naggin wife overnight,emm........,na stress.at times they try to "talk it out" cos even d society is harsh to women most times.some give d silent treatment but its affecting them.
What abt women that r put under intense pressure to born and born an heir? No wonder baby factories will always continue to flourish.
God pls continue to c women tru,its not easy at all
Re: Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2013
My dear sometimes the stress of raising the kids is enough to bring one to the brink of madness,i wonder what happens when you are married to an imbec1le. Some women are legends really!!

2 Likes

Re: Marital Challenges Make More Nigerian Women Suffer From Mental Depression by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2013
Yet, society will tell you to be submissive, even when you realize that you married a du.mb azz.
This is truly depressing.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} / The Childnotbride And Stella Damasus Video: A Display Of Our Lack Of Knowledge / How Do You Call Your Mother...??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.