Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86339 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
pls, watch this video m.youtube.com/watch?v=B37R04v-WKA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DB37R04v-WKA

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
seunlayi: pls, watch this video m.youtube.com/watch?v=B37R04v-WKA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DB37R04v-WKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pg-AshcTCY
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by tpia5: 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
^you actually beat me to it, i was going to post some music on the thread, might as well since folks are permanently parked here.

k'an fi darawon l'araya, or dont they need a break.

i'll put the video on another thread.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
tpia@:
^you actually beat me to it, i was going to post some music on the thread, might as well since folks are permanently parked here.

k'an fi darawon l'araya, or dont they need a break.

i'll put the video on another thread.
ya , thank you afterall, music is still part of it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 6:25am On Jul 10, 2013
Don't miss this programme.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
flourishG: unfortunately,da the bible verse u quoted is for u as far as i know.only them hypocrites call evil good just because it is done by them leadership?
SURE?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
When shall we transcend beyond hypocrisy and face Spirituality and Holiness?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DeeperdanNY: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
solar007: SURE?

So Pastor Kumuyi and Deeperlife did evil to you. Argument apart please do everything possible to get to heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2_eplsyKw8
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
YEA, THAT IS MY TARGET
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by kefmawin: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
Thanks and frosbel and Drumboy for the concerns raised in my post. My recalling of the great encounters of many in the Deeper Life Church is a matter of semantics as even a new convert understands that they are all the works of God and not men.

To the best of my knowledge, the Deeper Life church has made conscious effort to take attention from men and focus us Christ alone. That is why they encourage people to search the scriptures and build their spiritual life in order to access God for themselves and not jumping here and there after ministers.

I have also seen the highest display of humility among the leadership. One of their common expressions is "without Him we can do nothing". People are encouraged to put their trust in God.

I suggest we become more fair in our assessment and not allow any form of bitterness and bias to prevail.

Thanks
frosbel:

Amen brother , unfortunately some people will rather boast in their accomplishments rather than boast in the Lord, this is my experience with deeperlife, endless boasting about how wonderful and holy they are , forgetting that this leads to pride.

Let us emulate Paul who admonished us to boast only in the LORD and nothing else , whatever changes that have occurred in the lives of people , it is by the Spirit of GOD.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
kefmawin: Thanks and frosbel and Drumboy for the concerns raised in my post. My recalling of the great encounters of many in the Deeper Life Church is a matter of semantics as even a new convert understands that they are all the works of God and not men.

To the best of my knowledge, the Deeper Life church has made conscious effort to take attention from men and focus us Christ alone. That is why they encourage people to search the scriptures and build their spiritual life in order to access God for themselves and not jumping here and there after ministers.

I have also seen the highest display of humility among the leadership. One of their common expressions is "without Him we can do nothing". People are encouraged to put their trust in God.

I suggest we become more fair in our assessment and not allow any form of bitterness and bias to prevail.

Thanks

Thanks, this is just the reason why I decided to join the church. Members are encourage to make use of the bible without waiting or running after any so called man of God for vision etc.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
seunlayi:
Thanks, this is just the reason why I decided to join the church. Members are encourage to make use of the bible without waiting or running after any so called man of God for vision etc.

as you join organisations and clubs, make sure you are a member of the Church of Christ.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
frosbel:

as you join organisations and clubs, make sure you are a member of the Church of Christ.

smiley
what is the relationship between organisation, clubs and church of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
seunlayi: what is the relationship between organisation, clubs and church of Christ.

one started and led by men, the other started and led by Jesus Christ.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
The apology was to the church as a family I presume. Church buildings have doors. Options abound. Those still there have so chosen. They understand the essence of the apology better. Wishing the couple all the best. And to DL the abundance of grace and mercy to fulfil the purpose God established them for. If the foundation is in God and stays in Him, the best is yet to come.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
solar007:

The apology was to the church as a family I presume. Church buildings have doors. Options abound. Those still there have so chosen. They understand the essence of the apology better. Wishing the couple all the best. And to DL the abundance of grace and mercy to fulfil the purpose God established them for. If the foundation is in God and stays in Him, the best is yet to come.

Amen and God bless you.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
solar007: The apology was to the church as a family I presume. Church buildings have doors. Options abound. Those still there have so chosen. They understand the essence of the apology better. Wishing the couple all the best. And to DL the abundance of grace and mercy to fulfil the purpose God established them for. If the foundation is in God and stays in Him, the best is yet to come.

Babel has many doors but the real CHURCH has only ONE door and that door is Jesus Christ.

"So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep." - John 10:7
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2013
frosbel:

Babel has many doors but the real CHURCH has only ONE door and that door is Jesus Christ.

"So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep." - John 10:7
agreed,

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
why is
kefmawin: Thanks and frosbel and Drumboy for the concerns raised in my post. My recalling of the great encounters of many in the Deeper Life Church is a matter of semantics as even a new convert understands that they are all the works of God and not men.

Thanks
Afterall, it is not only deeperlife that has its own issues, other churches do have their own different headache. How many church can discipline the son of their founder or oversear?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
solar007: why is Afterall, it is not only deeperlife that has its own issues, other churches do have their own different headache. How many church can discipline the son of their founder or oversear?

but really how many churches are there and who owns them ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
frosbel:

but really how many churches are there and who owns them ?
we don't know how many, do you?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
Image123:
we don't know how many, do you?

Learn to mind your business I did not ask you. cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Image123(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
frosbel:

Learn to mind your business I did not ask you. cheesy
It's a public forum, and not a personal question. If you want privacy, you might want to ask your question on phone or through mail. You're a confused man seeking to confuse others, seek for help on time.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
Image123:
It's a public forum, and not a personal question. If you want privacy, you might want to ask your question on phone or through mail. You're a confused man seeking to confuse others, seek for help on time.

Coming from you it is a compliment , my advice is stop preaching the fraud of tithe and you will be free.

When you are ready to throw away your traditional dogmas you just might learn a thing or two about the truth.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 10:30am On Jul 14, 2013
watch out

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solar007: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
It has been suggested that if Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi hadn’t been the cleric who moved on to be rated among the world’s small circle of highly esteemed church-men, he would still have scaled the peak in any secular activity.

Those who hold this view say Kumuyi’s first class degree in Mathematics at the University of Lagos, and the early mentoring he received first at home and later at Mayflower College, Ikenne, under militant educationist, Dr. Tai Solarin would have guaranteed performances stellar in any field.

Observers add these initial endowments to what they describe as the clergyman’s later acquisitions, clock-work discipline, charisma, humility and a cast-iron disposition to succeed against all odds, conclude that Kumuyi had possessed a bottomless box of tricks that would have made him to strike gold wherever he chose to fulfill his destiny, temporal or religious.

Still, others undertaking a deeper study of the success story of Kumuyi these past 70 years argue that he wouldn’t have come this far without what they call, his “holy rebellion” against a host of trammels .

First, he had to abandon the Anglican Church of his father. Next he revolted against the uncompromising atheism forced upon him by Solarin at Mayflower. Pastor Kumuyi broke the last chain when he refused entreaties of the leaders of Apostolic Faith over his convictions on evangelism.

Referred to as “the young man who is going astray.” Kumuyi stood his ground and was eventually excommunicated in 1977.

Now, all this appears to be narrow secular interpretation, because Christian chroniclers say this revered General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry had only been fulfilling a destiny long mapped out by his Creator. He himself, they argue has been helpless in playing God’s script.

This is the way they put it: when Kumuyi was born on June 6, 1941, his parents put him in the custody of God and named him Folorunso to reflect his status. So, according to this school of thought, when on April 5, 1964 at the age of 23 , Kumuyi became born-again, God declared to him :well, son, I’ ll watch over you. But you must meet some conditions. You’ll submit to ME wholeheartedly. The gifts I’ve given you (your life, good education, discipline, charisma, tender heart, humility etc) you’d have to use them My way! The world uses them to acquire harmful wealth, fame and power. You’ll not do so. And the only way not to go the worldly way is to stay in My vineyard all your days. Outside it, you can’t escape falling into deadly worldly wealth, fame and power. I’m going to mould and tame you and sublimate your gifts.

Pastor Kumuyi agreed with this view of God being at work in his life. He once told the editor of a London-based magazine: “I began to notice it when I became a born-again Christian … it was then that I saw the destiny and the way the Lord had orchestrated everything.” (emphasis mine). And what extraordinary orchestration of evangelical work God has truly made of Project Kumuyi!

Starting with a 15-member Bible Study Group in August 1973 in his Flat 2 residence within the University of Lagos campus where he was a Mathematics lecturer, Kumuyi rapidly attracted droves that hungered for the unparallel teaching and exposition of the Holy Book he was offering. He gave more: a sincere commitment to spreading the gospel of Jesus which wasn’t available elsewhere. It’s still rare!

His tactics and strategy yielded mammoth harvests. For in only two years, this non-denominational assembly had not only 1500 devotees, but also it had the wherewithal and “audacity” to hold a retreat in December 1975 at the Federal College of Education Akoka, Lagos. Soon, Deeper Life Bible Study Groups were holding and staging retreats outside Lagos: Ilesa and Osogbo (1976), Omoku (1976), Ogun, Old Bendel, Imo and Anambra (1977). He also spread to the Muslim Kwara in the north.

In 1979, upon being invited to lead a crusade in Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city, Kumuyi with about 30 members started a Bible Study Group. This sparked the fire of Deeper Life’s international evangelism work, as it transformed into a church in 1983 and has since touched nearly all of Africa, major parts of the deep recesses of Asia, America and Europe! Kumuyi has practically been everywhere the church has been planted, worldwide, stamping his Heaven-given vision on the leaders and congregations to ensure doctrinal and pedagogical uniformity.

In the process, a unique ecclesiastical brand has emerged, along with a breed (followership) distinct from what society was used to.

How did Kumuyi leaning only on his salary as a lecturer, with no affiliation to, funding from foreign church organisations or from the established orthodox Christian groups in Nigeria, record a thumping great success even when he was teaching such “heresies” as inflexible holiness, one-man-one-wife, no-smoking –no-drinking , no white lie etc in an age where all these were expedient baggage?

The answer is two-fold, first the God-force driving him; it’s impossible for such a man to work unless he drops that control! It’s akin to the contest in Acts5: puny apostles versus mighty priests and pharisaic council.

The second reason is Pastor Kumuyi himself. He is a sacrificial leader. He works tirelessly, selflessly and with unblinking commitment to achieve goals. He is a poor humble leader who hasn’t monetized fame nor personalized (appropriated) the popularity of Deeper Life Bible Church. He has logically, hatched a fellowship with the same virtues. They’re replicating the Deeper Life success.

Pastor Kumuyi’s colossal grasp of the scriptures has led to the submission that he “teaches the Bible as if he was there when it was written”.

A typical Kumuyi teaching is a beauty to behold. He brightens and deepens delivery with laborious scholarship and stylistic deployment of a vast range of figurative devices including alliteration.

It is music to your ears and a balm to the spirit as the pastor is not given to fleeting hysterics and drama.

There is one abiding lesson Pastor Kumuyi teaches Nigeria and its leaders, not from the pulpit, but from his life: A truly selfless leader will always breed selfless and dedicated followership. If the leader monetizes his position and all around him are totems of opulence, the citizens will, by hook or crook seek their own totems of opulence, no matter the volumes of homilies on patriotism and rebranding we dish out on radio, TV or newspapers!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by tpia5: 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
Wow, that's such a beautiful write up, so impressive.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pastor worship......cntd.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2013
solar007: It has been suggested that if Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi hadn’t been the cleric who moved on to be rated among the world’s small circle of highly esteemed church-men, he would still have scaled the peak in any secular activity.

Those who hold this view say Kumuyi’s first class degree in Mathematics at the University of Lagos, and the early mentoring he received first at home and later at Mayflower College, Ikenne, under militant educationist, Dr. Tai Solarin would have guaranteed performances stellar in any field.

Observers add these initial endowments to what they describe as the clergyman’s later acquisitions, clock-work discipline, charisma, humility and a cast-iron disposition to succeed against all odds, conclude that Kumuyi had possessed a bottomless box of tricks that would have made him to strike gold wherever he chose to fulfill his destiny, temporal or religious.

Still, others undertaking a deeper study of the success story of Kumuyi these past 70 years argue that he wouldn’t have come this far without what they call, his “holy rebellion” against a host of trammels .

First, he had to abandon the Anglican Church of his father. Next he revolted against the uncompromising atheism forced upon him by Solarin at Mayflower. Pastor Kumuyi broke the last chain when he refused entreaties of the leaders of Apostolic Faith over his convictions on evangelism.

Referred to as “the young man who is going astray.” Kumuyi stood his ground and was eventually excommunicated in 1977.

Now, all this appears to be narrow secular interpretation, because Christian chroniclers say this revered General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry had only been fulfilling a destiny long mapped out by his Creator. He himself, they argue has been helpless in playing God’s script.

This is the way they put it: when Kumuyi was born on June 6, 1941, his parents put him in the custody of God and named him Folorunso to reflect his status. So, according to this school of thought, when on April 5, 1964 at the age of 23 , Kumuyi became born-again, God declared to him :well, son, I’ ll watch over you. But you must meet some conditions. You’ll submit to ME wholeheartedly. The gifts I’ve given you (your life, good education, discipline, charisma, tender heart, humility etc) you’d have to use them My way! The world uses them to acquire harmful wealth, fame and power. You’ll not do so. And the only way not to go the worldly way is to stay in My vineyard all your days. Outside it, you can’t escape falling into deadly worldly wealth, fame and power. I’m going to mould and tame you and sublimate your gifts.

Pastor Kumuyi agreed with this view of God being at work in his life. He once told the editor of a London-based magazine: “I began to notice it when I became a born-again Christian … it was then that I saw the destiny and the way the Lord had orchestrated everything.” (emphasis mine). And what extraordinary orchestration of evangelical work God has truly made of Project Kumuyi!

Starting with a 15-member Bible Study Group in August 1973 in his Flat 2 residence within the University of Lagos campus where he was a Mathematics lecturer, Kumuyi rapidly attracted droves that hungered for the unparallel teaching and exposition of the Holy Book he was offering. He gave more: a sincere commitment to spreading the gospel of Jesus which wasn’t available elsewhere. It’s still rare!

His tactics and strategy yielded mammoth harvests. For in only two years, this non-denominational assembly had not only 1500 devotees, but also it had the wherewithal and “audacity” to hold a retreat in December 1975 at the Federal College of Education Akoka, Lagos. Soon, Deeper Life Bible Study Groups were holding and staging retreats outside Lagos: Ilesa and Osogbo (1976), Omoku (1976), Ogun, Old Bendel, Imo and Anambra (1977). He also spread to the Muslim Kwara in the north.

In 1979, upon being invited to lead a crusade in Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city, Kumuyi with about 30 members started a Bible Study Group. This sparked the fire of Deeper Life’s international evangelism work, as it transformed into a church in 1983 and has since touched nearly all of Africa, major parts of the deep recesses of Asia, America and Europe! Kumuyi has practically been everywhere the church has been planted, worldwide, stamping his Heaven-given vision on the leaders and congregations to ensure doctrinal and pedagogical uniformity.

In the process, a unique ecclesiastical brand has emerged, along with a breed (followership) distinct from what society was used to.

How did Kumuyi leaning only on his salary as a lecturer, with no affiliation to, funding from foreign church organisations or from the established orthodox Christian groups in Nigeria, record a thumping great success even when he was teaching such “heresies” as inflexible holiness, one-man-one-wife, no-smoking –no-drinking , no white lie etc in an age where all these were expedient baggage?

The answer is two-fold, first the God-force driving him; it’s impossible for such a man to work unless he drops that control! It’s akin to the contest in Acts5: puny apostles versus mighty priests and pharisaic council.

The second reason is Pastor Kumuyi himself. He is a sacrificial leader. He works tirelessly, selflessly and with unblinking commitment to achieve goals. He is a poor humble leader who hasn’t monetized fame nor personalized (appropriated) the popularity of Deeper Life Bible Church. He has logically, hatched a fellowship with the same virtues. They’re replicating the Deeper Life success.

Pastor Kumuyi’s colossal grasp of the scriptures has led to the submission that he “teaches the Bible as if he was there when it was written”.

A typical Kumuyi teaching is a beauty to behold. He brightens and deepens delivery with laborious scholarship and stylistic deployment of a vast range of figurative devices including alliteration.

It is music to your ears and a balm to the spirit as the pastor is not given to fleeting hysterics and drama.

There is one abiding lesson Pastor Kumuyi teaches Nigeria and its leaders, not from the pulpit, but from his life: A truly selfless leader will always breed selfless and dedicated followership. If the leader monetizes his position and all around him are totems of opulence, the citizens will, by hook or crook seek their own totems of opulence, no matter the volumes of homilies on patriotism and rebranding we dish out on radio, TV or newspapers!
very interesting write-up. Thank you paddy mi
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HolyHolla(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2013
Mintayo:
u dnt say d truth by judging somebody and condemning somebody!
i will say it again,no man has a right to condemn any man of God!
Most of dem admit it and moved,bt it is ppl like u who spread and enlarge them!
If dis story is true,den ppl shld forget abt it and move on too;kumuyi's son admits it,dt s y he apologized,i think ppl shld let dem be...so what r u talking abt!
I am not a member of deeperlife bt we v ppl here who has nt removed d tree in their eyes bt are trying to remove d log in ppl's eyes...too bad!

Whenever someone says a "man of God" is above criticism, I just want to get back to my Bible and delete those 'critical and condemning' characters like Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremaiah, John the Baptizer and the other prophets sent by God to correct, reprimand or even condemn anointed men of God like the kings and priests.

I implore people to be careful what you believe or say. You might be condemning God Himself if you condemn those He truly sends to speak out against misdeeds and evil. Sure, not everyone speaking is sent, but how do we know the difference?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 4:21am On Jul 17, 2013
Mintayo: ...... People who have not removed the ...,in their eyes
I wonder o, even people that the son of their GO cannot be touch are moving their mouth anyhow to the extent of calling the dress sexy whereas, what the have in their church during such occasion are just like exhibition of the bride bosssom. God help His church

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.