Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit (4461 Views)

Traffix.ng - Social Traffic Report For Lagos Launched By 25-yr-old Nigerian / Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Slyr0x: 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
A topic was pushed to the homepage yesterday titled 14-Year-Old Nigerian Bulk SMS App Developer In A Dilemma.

However somewhere along the line, he was labelled a Scammer 'cos the D.O.B. on his facebook profile read 1992.

Elvis said the DOB on his facebook page was fake but people would have none of that.

2 Nairalanders, Dualcore & Javanian then took it upon themselves to find out the truth.

They visited Elvis and posted their findings here and here.

Elvis is 100% legit and he is indeed 14years.

I aint forcing anyone to "dash" Elvis a laptop. .All I'm saying is, If you've got a freelance project, you can encourage the guy by giving him the project, pay him so his financial limitations won't kill his dream.

Lemme chip this in: GraphicPlus, going by the lead role you played in this saga, Elvis Chidera deserves an unreserved apology from you. .and not on this thread, but a NEW one. Thanks

Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by a1solution: 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2013
What is your proof that he is indeed 14yrs and not a scammer?
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Javanian: 9:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
a1solution: What is your proof that he is indeed 14yrs and not a scammer?

Nawah oh!

Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2013

Nice Question, Can u start a Dammed Thread & Inquire about that?? angry

@Slyr0x: CodeHouse owes I & elvis an apology.. And Thanks for making elvis start that thread, i like where its heading

Thanks to Javanian & Dual_Core... cheesy
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by funkymedina: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lemme chip this in: [b]GraphicPlus, going by the lead role you played in this saga, Elvis Chidera deserves an unreserved apology from you. .and not on this thread, but a NEW one. Thanks
[/quote][/b]

Your joking right? Nobody owes him a damn apology, he opened himself up coming on the internet to beg for money and laptop. Take it and learn from it. Your lucky okija people no carry you do ritual. There are dead bodies from people meeting people they befriended on the internet.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by akintayo1(m): 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
If Elvis Chidera is indeed 14yrs, then I strongly think he shouldn't be allowed to further use NairaLand, cause this place is not for kids but adult.

I think NL should have age restriction policy, this is part of why Facebook has been so abuse and condemed by some parents and society.

How will a 14yr old boy come up here begging for laptop and money, even if his parent are not finacially ok, I think there are some better alternatives within his close or distance family to look for help.

What if someone else take advantage of him and do wharever they want with him. I hope you all know the type of country we're in.

Then the headline in the dailies will read "14yr old NairaLander kidnap by NairaLanders"

Seun, do you want that to happen?

Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by bros12345: 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2013

Who are you and where are you from? Tufiakwa

Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by bros12345: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
akintayo1: If Elvis Chidera is indeed 14yrs, then I strongly think he shouldn't be allowed to further use NairaLand, cause this place is not for kids but adult.

I think NL should have age restriction policy, this is part of why Facebook has been so abuse and condemed by some parents and society.

How will a 14yr old boy come up here begging for laptop and money, even if his parent are not finacially ok, I think there are some better alternatives within his close or distance family to look for help.

What if someone else take advantage of him and do wharever they want with him. I hope you all know the type of country we're in.

Then the headline in the dailies will read "14yr old NairaLander kidnap by NairaLanders"

Seun, do you want that to happen?

So this is all you can say? This is why I stopped coming to nairaland. So many people who talk from their anus. Did you follow the story in its entirety?

My son is presently 9 months old and he is playing with my laptop. I will get him one once he is 5 or 6. This boy deserves encouragement. We might be looking the next Bill Gates or Zukerberg ( who by the way started programming from childhood)

Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by databoy247(m): 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
Now where the f**k is graphicplus? You dont only owe him an official apology but u owe me too. By saying i tried enlisting the help of dual core to attack you, is totally naive of you. If i want to attack you, na just snap of my finger....e nor hard me do cos i be one man squad. Born and brought up confirm warri boi...u nor reach handle.
That aside, please apologise to the young man and try to change your mentality, that personality Kiyosaki talked about. Being traditional and excesively strict is pretty oldschool if you ask me. You be big boi, send am moni for laptop.

Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by akintayo1(m): 12:38am On Jun 30, 2013
bros12345:

So this is all you can say? This is why I stopped coming to nairaland. So many people who talk from their anus. Did you follow the story in its entirety?

My son is presently 9 months old and he is playing with my laptop. I will get him one once he is 5 or 6. This boy deserves encouragement. We might be looking the next Bill Gates or Zukerberg ( who by the way started programming from childhood)

Your son does not need to play with your laptop at 9 months, just buy him bold 4 or z10 to play with now, so he can become the next mark and Gates combine when he is 10yrs old.

So because someone is a programer at 14 mean he should go online begging for money or laptop.

At ninteen am already an CEO of my little company, at 21, I became a father and a good loving husband. My son is already 13yrs now, attending computer study while he is on holiday awating his junior WAEC result.

If he needs something, It's my sole responsibilty to get it for him, if I can't, his mother will. (my wife)

Belive it or not, that boy is up to something. Can't you see the way he talks, am not even sure if he is the one writing the post here.

Only time will tell.

Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 1:00am On Jun 30, 2013
Wonderful. Please correct that word. I didn't come here to beg, i came here to get advice or freelance jobs. There is one facts about me, i don't die but i multiply. @akintayo, lolz, you sound somehow by your words, any way read above, i get your intention, but do not want to say it here, @all read his second post well, then you will get. I do not regret a bit in creating that thread. And too, It wasn't stated nairaland was made for adults.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 1:17am On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by kingthreat(m): 3:15am On Jun 30, 2013
Kudos to Javanian and Dualcore for going the extra mile to validate authenticity. As for Graphicsplus, the self-righteous all-knowing loud mouth, it's either you give an apology to Elvis or leave this forum for good. Not everybody is incompetent web developer or a scammer as you think. Your unnecessary criticism soothes you alone. Thanks Slyrox
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 5:29am On Jun 30, 2013
I hope the young lad gets his desired laptop now.

@graphicplus, now you have to slow down and hide your koboko grin

Meanwhile click here to review my new site.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by moderatorr: 6:49am On Jun 30, 2013
there should be a picture of javanian and 14yr old elvis.
otherwise no evidence yet.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by talk2me006(m): 6:51am On Jun 30, 2013
@graphicplus
I always read ur post very well. i strongly know that u are very gud in web developing World,but your problem is that ur criticism is always too harsh..
Pls try to correct that..
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 6:53am On Jun 30, 2013
moderatorr: there should be a picture of javanian and 14yr old elvis.
otherwise no evidence yet.
there is a picture of me and dual core.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by spikesC(m): 6:54am On Jun 30, 2013
Errrm, when do we see this thread on the frontpage sad
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 7:05am On Jun 30, 2013
funky medina:

Lemme chip this in: [b]GraphicPlus, going by the lead role you played in this saga, Elvis Chidera deserves an unreserved apology from you. .and not on this thread, but a NEW one. Thanks
[/b]

Your joking right? Nobody owes him a damn apology, he opened himself up coming on the internet to beg for money and laptop. Take it and learn from it. Your lucky okija people no carry you do ritual. There are dead bodies from people meeting people they befriended on the internet.

one thing is certain, you love the fact that i was called a scammer.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2013
I is an 11 and 1/2 yr old internet, please dash me an internet modem, thanks
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by funkymedina: 9:47am On Jun 30, 2013
Elvisten10: one thing is certain, you love the fact that i was called a scammer.

I was going to get off this case but since you responded to me directly let me tell you something. You or people around you are scammers!! Yes I said so!!! Before dual core and co said your were for real someone else had tracked ur ip and posted a picture of you on the front page of nairaland !! (how is that for being safe on the internet)...probably taken from your own web cam without you knowing. I also cross checked that ip on project honey pot and other places and the ip adress has been flagged as a scammer's .

So even if you are not a full blown scammer yet, you are around such people or in the process of becoming one. There is something very suspicious about you[b] or the person writing for you[/b] . Time will expose you maybe not even on nairaland but in the newspapers if no one holds you down now and steers you in the right direction. Make friends with the nairalanders you met and let them mentor you if you have no support network in your family

Thats my opinion and I dont give a shit about ur response or anyone elses. Get ur laptop and whatever money you can milk from these gualible nairalanders and let the webmastrs section return to its usual state. QED!
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Ajibel(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2013
Nau that elvisten has been cleared, i would advice he desist from letting this happen again. And elvis should try and get a mentor, u need it. Mark Zuck had a mentor too when he was young. I believe u have places to go, ur future is bright but dont let it get into ur head by sounding rude or demanding. Gudluck bro!
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2013
funky medina:

I was going to get off this case but since you responded to me directly let me tell you something. You or people around you are scammers!! Yes I said so!!! Before dual core and co said your were for real someone else had tracked ur ip and posted a picture of you on the front page of nairaland !! (how is that for being safe on the internet)...probably taken from your own web cam without you knowing. I also cross checked that ip on project honey pot and other places and the ip adress has been flagged as a scammer's .

So even if you are not a full blown scammer yet, you are around such people or in the process of becoming one. There is something very suspicious about you[b] or the person writing for you[/b] . Time will expose you maybe not even on nairaland but in the newspapers if no one holds you down now and steers you in the right direction. Make friends with the nairalanders you met and let them mentor you if you have no support network in your family

Thats my opinion and I dont give a shit about ur response or anyone elses. Get ur laptop and whatever money you can milk from these gualible nairalanders and let the webmastrs section return to its usual state. QED!
lolz. Am beginning to like you, why are you advertising your ignorance. I use opera mini in all my activities online and all the page i request is being served by their proxy server, thats why my ip always change.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by funkymedina: 10:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Elvisten10: lolz. Am beginning to like you, why are you advertising your ignorance. I use opera mini in all my activities online and all the page i request is being served by their proxy server, thats why my ip always change.
I guess ur image is always changing too smh! I am sure google has already cached all these pages..keep laughing...your name and scammer are forever saved ..! ur image and scammer are forever saved. You think you wise ..you will not shut up and go away ..keep replying me i will keep adding
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by akintayo1(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2013
Everyone is entitled to voice his opinion, I standby what I see and say here; There are two people involved in this thing (1) Elvis Chidera, the 14yrs old Programmer and another (2) The writer of all the comments made on behalf of Elvis Chidera.

Only time will tell. My fingers crossed.

The writing style is obvious not from a Nigerian 14yrs old boy. My son is 13, so I know first hand how kids writes and talk.

Elvis Chidera, sorry, if my words didn't go well with you, but that's just what I see in this whole saga.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2013
I do not think anybody here is against Elvis been a programmer at a tender age. Nobody is jealous of him. What I believe sensible people here are telling him is to consider his age. At 14, it is absolutely wrong for Elvis to come to NL and be looking for investors. There are 101 ways he can seek exposure and financial assistance.

1. His family. Let's argue till eternity, Elvis must carry his family along. I have been a youth leader and counsellor for years and I am old enough to know the type of person Elvis is. Elvis has no regard for his family. He has grown wings. The programming brouhaha has entered his head. He now talks and associates with big boys. And so, his family is not important to him again. Elvis, i advice you again to go back to your parents and explain to them that you have made them proud by developing an app at the age of 14. Tell them what an app means. Tell them about your future with this app and your programming skill. Ask them that you will focus all the more in your studies, but that you need a small cheap laptop that will enable you expand more on what you have built. Explain to them that the path you are going will later make them proud. Your parents are certainly wise. They will reason with you and buy the laptop for you or approach someone who will do that for you. I know parents and dear caring heart. My dad bought our first black and white television because of me. How? I was always going to the neighbour's house to watch it and sometimes I will stay there till late. Then, he asked me if I want him to buy a tv, I said yes and he bought the tv for us. Go and speak to your parents. You are missing a very crucial stage in your life. Stop begging for sympathy here. Stop listening to some guys here who may not have any regard for the bond of family.

2. Your Church. Do you attend church regularly? Are you a member of the youth or teenage ministry in your church? Go to your pastor and speak to him about the sms app you have developed. Show him a demo. Explain things to him. Tel him that you need a laptop of 30k to help you develop the app further. Explain to him that the app will not distract you from your studies. Tell him that you need his prayers and blessings. Look, that pastor will raise offering for you in the church. If he wants to discourage you, start crying. You are still a kid, so crying will not be out of place. Tel him to reason with you and help you. If your pastor is too busy and the church is too big that having access to the pastor is somehow difficult, approach the Sunday school teacher of the church. Approach the youth leader. Approach the house fellowship leader.

3. Your school. Your school will be proud to be in the news for producing the Mark Zukerberg of Nigeria. Go to your Guidance and Counsellor. They are trained to counsel students and listen to them. I can't forget the impact the Guidance and counsellor of my college made in my life. Tell him about the app. Show him a demo. Plead with him to give you an exposure. Ask him to take you to the Principal. Ask them to invest into your life by buying you a laptop. Your principal is not foolish. He listens to news. He knows about the Summly guy. He will listen to you.

4. Write a letter to the PTA chairman of your school. Go to his house and explain things to him. Ask him to be an instrument of change in your life. Go to his house with your parents. Let them beg him to bring up your case in the next meeting.

5. Write a letter and send to the Village chairman of your community. Write a letter to the Igwe of your community. Write a letter to the Undergraduate Students Association of your community. Write a letter to the Councillor representing your community. Ask a matured youth in your church or the youth leader to accompany you to any of these NGOs.

Elvis, you are still young and there are lots of opportunity ahead of you. However, it's only you that has power to jeopardize your future. Don't allow what you have seen on the Internet to deceive you. Never think the world is at your feet. Never jump the basics. There are things if you miss now, they will come back to haunt you.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2013
funky medina:
I guess ur image is always changing too smh! I am sure google has already cached all these pages..keep laughing...your name and scammer are forever saved ..! ur image and scammer are forever saved. You think you wise ..you will not shut up and go away ..keep replying me i will keep adding

you keep disgracing yourself not adding. When using opera mini the ip is not constant and its not only used by me, but many opera users. The only pics of me you can find on the internet is the one i snapped with a black chelsea jersery, i think. Also, google has cached elvis chidera is 100% legit. Keep talking about me it just make me popular.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2013
akintayo1: Everyone is entitled to voice his opinion, I standby what I see and say here; There are two people involved in this thing (1) Elvis Chidera, the 14yrs old Programmer and another (2) The writer of all the comments made on behalf of Elvis Chidera.

Only time will tell. My fingers crossed.

The writing style is obvious not from a Nigerian 14yrs old boy. My son is 13, so I know first hand how kids writes and talk.

Elvis Chidera, sorry, if my words didn't go well with you, but that's just what I see in this whole saga.
ok, akintayo i get you. Why don't we end this now. Time will tell, like it is said "when breeze blow fowl yash go open". Its nice knowing you. Have a splendid weekend.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:50am On Jun 30, 2013
@Slyr0x, sorry, there is nothing like unreserved apology in a new thread. Don't expect that from me because it will not come.

I will carry out my own investigation. There is something about Elvis we are not yet aware.
He deserves no single apology. He should be talked sense into.

And I am disappointed that you are asking me to apologize to a boy who left his parents, his church and his school and rush here on NL asking for investors into his project?
You are asking me to apologize to a boy who who has no respect and thinks that since he can open a thread and comment on threads, he has become a sought after programmer?
You want me to apologize to a boy who is looking for some money to dash his girl friend and keep going around deceiving people?
You want me to apologize to 14 year old boy who came here asking investors to invest 250,000 Naira into his project?
You want me to apologize to a boy who is a liar?

I think someone is not serious here.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2013
@graphicsplus, somebody said they called me from sa and my mum picked. Do you really think if i had grown wings and am disobedient my mother would have given me the person's number, not to talk of its a foreign number ?. Reason/think and apply.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @Slyr0x, sorry, there is nothing like unreserved apology in a new thread. Don't expect that from me because it will not come.

I will carry out my own investigation. There is something about Elvis we are not yet aware.

And I am disappointed that you are asking me to apologize to a boy who left his parents, his church and his school and rush here on NL asking for investors into his project?
You are asking me to apologize to a boy who who has no respect and thinks that since he can open a thread and comment on threads, he has become a sought after programmer?
You want me to apologize to a boy who is looking for some money to dash his girl friend and keep going around deceiving people?
You want me to apologize to 14 year old boy who came here asking investors to invest 250,000 Naira into his project?

me or you a liar ?. You lied to your father that you will do what he wants but when you were given the chance u did otherwise. You are a decieving snake he lie at peoples front and do other wise at the back. If i have grown wings and i am disobedient why would i post my mother and father number online sometimes when they request for my number ? And my parents trust me up till the length that when somebody calls and said they want to talk to me, they give me the phone straight to answer the call without further questioning. Sorry, but you applied this your concept to your life and where have it got you ?. I have choosen to never get annoyed online or anywhere again, if not this forum would have not contained 2 of us.
Re: Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit by Elvisten10(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @Slyr0x, sorry, there is nothing like unreserved apology in a new thread. Don't expect that from me because it will not come.

(1) (2)

Unlock Ur huawei E303 Modem / How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? / Top 5 Benefits Of Search Engine Optimization For Small Businesses In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86