Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? (16449 Views)

Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020 / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 02, 2013
Oga Siena please don't derail the thread...just let us know when you will be in 9ja...with your Audi quattro....dats all!

Siena:

You're not making much sense here. I don't understand the Yoruba part of your post, so it's effect is lost on me.

And do you assume every Nigerian in the UK "escaped" from Nigeria? How about Nigerians that happened to be born outside Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by babslepe: 5:30am On Jul 02, 2013
it is very possible for a car to be charmed .Late last year a car was collected at gunpoint and the owner left his mobile phone in the car believe me this dude went to his home town called the same mobile phone and the baba spoke with the robbers and they returned that car and from confessions this guys have been into that business for awhile .MA PEOPLE NO BE PLAY PLAY O O O O JUJU DEY .And for all of you saying trash flooded cars,salvage titled cars,accidented cars bla bla bla did Criss Angel not make his car disappear in one of his shows so what are you people saying .Abeg make una park well
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by lekkie073(m): 6:19am On Jul 02, 2013
I get one wicked uncle like dat. if e nack hin ring for ur car bonnet, d engine no go start again. #on a serious note grin
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Panshow(m): 6:27am On Jul 02, 2013
This thread is suppose to be in juju section
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by cardoctor(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2013
I think its just a matter of religious belief which bothers a lot on superstition. I personally don't believe that a car could be charmed into failing to function or operate well but I have heard a lot of stories since I came back to Naija from the UK about cars that have had magic spells cast on it and no matter whatever the attempts to get the car working, it just simply wont start at all.

I've worked on cars for the past 26 years with backgrounds in Mechanical and Automobile Engineering qualifications. There is no way scientifically possible for a car to fail to operate if all the requisite operational elements are in place. However, since coming back and setting up an auto repair workshop here in Abuja, I have had a few cars come into the workshop for repairs and customers complaining that the car is charmed. Very funny indeed but they seemed well convinced that someone evil has put a spell on their car.

I have even had cars come into the workshop with dried egg shells and yolk splattered all over the engine and bay. Initially, I used to assume that a hen had found its way into the engine and laid eggs there. it was only when this charming complaint issues started getting too much that I understood that some "babalawo" may have attempted to excorcise the car and rid it of a curse.

I cry for Africa.

Anyway, bad mechanics as well as fake parts that have flooded the country and sheer ignorance on the part of the vehicle owners has spawned this superstitious belief. Why, because I eventually realized that sensors and components that are essential components of vehicle functions have been removed, disconnected or deliberately damaged to restrict function. These may be temporary solutions by the mechanics just to get the car going and take your money but it inadvertently creates more problems for the car and the owner and then subsequently, they start hopping around from one mechanic to the other where the case usually gets worse. Solution,....... Take it to a witch doctor or see a pastor for special prayer. SMH

All these vehicle complaints have been rectified by applying the right diagnostic processes, reconnecting the essential components and re-fitting the right parts. Fingers crossed, not one of them has had these issues since the proper repair has been carried out.

I'm very sure that several people are contemplating the obvious (based on this Thread) but I would advise that they seek a well experienced automobile technician before resolving to invite spirits to interfere in a scientific principle.

Nice thread. Thumbs up smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by bayour80: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2013
since the two holy books made references to evil forces that are operating in the world,definitely it may be possible,the only thing that can render it ineffective is ur believe and closeness to God through prayer. i heard of a man that whose car was charmed that if he parks his car in the night,in the morning he will notice that the engine is so hot like a car that just returned from a journey from maiduguri to lagos. i understand oga siena oyinbo mentality, is because of the oversea environment he is operating from, they only believe in scientific proofs
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by cardoctor(m): 10:19am On Jul 02, 2013
This is a typical example. A fuel pump from a 2009 E90 BMW 320i seriously modified. Can you see the cellophane wrappings on the electrical wires? The fuel pump itself was taken from a Volkswagen Golf. Imagine the wahala that this caused.

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by zivility: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2013
Probably Japanese, Korean or even American things But not GERMAN MACHINES!! cool
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by hegelian: 10:26am On Jul 02, 2013
car-doctor:
This is a typical example. A fuel pump from a 2009 E90 BMW 320i seriously modified. Can you see the cellophane wrappings on the electrical wires? The fuel pump itself was taken from a Volkswagen Golf. Imagine the wahala that this caused.

I troway salute sir . clap clap clap. what an eye opener (some will still doubt). too much fear in naija so wat do u expect
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by simple2004(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2013
it is very possible. heard bullet could nt penetrate peugeot 504 1983 model of former ashipa of oyo and benz 200 of pa abraham adesanya. i heard a true life story of a vehicle that was packed and the engine will be hot in the mornin w/out moving.
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2013
From experiEnce, it's very very possible... Forget hallucinations, it has happened live and direct before.
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by FBICIA(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2013
hegelian:
i am from ilorin and i dont believe this trash. its all stories. when i was young we all used to have our juju manuals (mostly 40leaves exercise books with different types of juju). i have tried almost everything but nothing worked, i have used the thing that stand on dogs face (i dont know the name in english but its called ipin in yoriba) to see ghost bt all na wash, i have beat baana tree with different incantations so as to be beaten by forest witches but all na wash, i have eaten plenty sacrifice on the triangular roads but all still na wash (from palmoil eggs to banana sacrifice to coins sacrifice to moulded pap sacrifice but still all na wash). recently i just busted the bubble of some cleric for my younger brother cos he had been visiting them and they were given him different things (when i uncovered their tactics for him he was shocked and today he is free form all this bullshit). if you believE ALL THIS STUFFS THEN YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN AND CAUSING YOUR OWN FAILURE COS THEY WILL SURELY MANIFEST (LAW OF ATTRACTION). IF YOU DO BULLET JAZZ, U WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE MOVING TO WHERE THEY ARE SHOOTING AND U WILL EVENTUALLY BE KILLED BY IT SAME FOR ALL MANNERS OF JAZZ. NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE CAN CLAIM TO BE MORE AFRICAN INCLINED THAN ME COS I WAS BORN THERE, LEARN THERE, SCHOOL THERE ABD TODAY I REALIZE ALL NA WASH.
there was even one we use to do back then, we call it anasare (meaning when u are touched with it u will run until the the person asked you to halt but the truth it has never worked). now wehn i go home and i see some of my colleagues back then showing their self as cleric, i just laugh and pity their customers co they dont know they have entered one chance (even my parents and almost all my family are victims of all this)

Oga-Ade those ones you trying are myth
But charm is very real!!!!
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by FBICIA(m): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2013
hegelian:
ofcourse they dont exist in the true sense of it. anything that u can see cannot threaten u unless u allowed by being afraid. fear only manifest itself in various form and can also be manipulated. an informed soul doesnt need to be afraid of anything. shine the light of your consciousness to the darkness and it will all disappear( this not some religious bullshit. cos am not religious). anything i cant see, cannot do me shi.t.. the day our people wake up, its that day freedom they so much crave for becomes theirs. i have more than see plenty so i know what am talking about..(i am from the core core ilorin)

Another brainwashed soul........ What a pity!
Aye wa oooooo! Eyan abi idi yan yan they!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by trolling(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2013
read what happened to Pharaoh's chariot at the sea
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by FBICIA(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2013
sultaan: When I saw this post yesterday, I thought WTF shocked

98 post within 24 hour now I'm posting WTFFFFFFFF shocked shocked shocked

It people like this that believe in 'egbe'(disappearing juju) when occupants are ejected in accidents

Teleporting
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by fasa2020(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2013
beejaay:

can i be allowed to shot your dad for experiment (no disrespect intended). am ready to pay for this if you can arrange it. i will order for a new AK47 (not so sophisticated weapon in this age of 2013) and ofcourse it would av been agreed upon that i have no case to answer incase something happen

cheesy Sorry but it doesn't work that way ! Those stuffs are meant for unforeseen incidents and not you to withstand a silly contest or competition !! I understand you're trying to crack jokes out of the story but a short visit to any Ijebu towns will let you know more of these stuffs. THEY ARE MEANT FOR PERSONAL PROTECTION AGAINST BAD BELLE PEOPLE !

I even learnt that thieves cant use those stuffs as they are not meant to wicked another human being like you. Much respects to people that believes these things exists. . .
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by naijaboiy: 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
babslepe: Criss Angel not make his car disappear in one of his shows so what are you people saying .Abeg make una park well
and hu told you ddat wat chris angels does is real??...dos are mere ILLUSSIONS bruv

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by tnktosin(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
I personally doubt if it's possible Buh my cousin narrated what happened to him in Auchi. He drove his boss and some policemen to arrest a man over defaulting on a bank loan, the car wouldn't start after the baba got inside the car, it was a new car with no issues. It took the intervention of the man's son to plead with him to let them take him before the car would start.
Hey am doubting the story myself cos it seems like African magic grin but I've known my cousin for so long and he had no reason to lie abt this.

Am a Christian but I've seen charms at work since I was younger. Guess I'd open my own thread on that and not derail this one.
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
smartchoice: Oga Siena please don't derail the thread...just let us know when you will be in 9ja...with your Audi quattro....dats all!

Would it make sense for myself, or anyone else to ship an automobile to Nigeria on a temporary basis, just to prove something that doesn't exist?

If you truly believe these "charms" work, then you may as well believe an automobile can be "charmed" regardless of it's location.

And something else - who is "us"?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by FBICIA(m): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Siena:

Would it make sense for myself, or anyone else to ship an automobile to Nigeria on a temporary basis, just to prove something that doesn't exist?

If you truly believe these "charms" work, then you may as well believe an automobile can be "charmed" regardless of it's location.

Oga-Ade stop arguing na we they live for here and we are telling you What is achievable here.......... Even oyinbo sef believe in charm that is why they use the word "FREAK" or "WEIRD" for ppl involve or situation.......... Have you not seen the psychic around with there magical hob?
Even as an FBI/CIA agent I believe.
See if you need prove there are a lot of babalawo on this thread (I am not 1) just give them ur details just ur mothers name and ur name that's all

@OP it is very possible
Yoruba ppl will say "majesin e ko ni aya kebo je (just like that ilorin guy did) becos atari Ajanaku ki shey eru omode and also ti omode ba de ibi eru eru aba dan dan. it means a child does not have the gut to do some certain things if he does. Then he shall face the consequences......

But What you can do for ur car to prove ur hypothesis is to buy an EMF (electro-magnetic frequency) which is designed to pick up some certain and usual frequency, you can use it to search ur vehicle if dose evil doers has kept some evil tins inside ur car........... This EMF can also Be use to detect a ghost there's an equipment called ghost detector. Browse for more info abt it
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
Since you don't believe. A trial on your beloved Audi will convince you.

Siena:

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by ifashina: 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
yes its very possible to charm a car and it not an issue of argument its real and very possible am talking from experiences
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by oluwalexxy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
Oguuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnn oh! D god of iron is involved!! I rest ma case!
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
smartchoice: Since you don't believe. A trial on your beloved Audi will convince you.

And as I stated previously, it makes no sense to pay to ship an automobile to disprove a myth.

Since you're so convinced these myths exist, why not "charm" all the automobile in your state, so you'll have no traffic congestion issues to deal with? To make it easier for you, start with 4 vehicles daily.

Then come back here to tell me mumbo-jumbo works. cool

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
To every power there are rules....am not interested in your challenge, but just to PERSONALLY teach you somethings through people who can....forget not your tools too! cheesy cheesy cheesy mumbo jumbo indeed!

Siena:

And as I stated previously, it makes no sense to pay to ship an automobile to disprove a myth.

Since you're so convinced these myths exist, why not "charm" all the automobile in your state, so you'll have no traffic congestion issues to deal with? To make it easier for you, start with 4 vehicles daily.

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
smartchoice: To every power there are rules....am not interested in your challenge, but just to PERSONALLY teach you somethings through people who can....forget not your tools too! cheesy cheesy cheesy mumbo jumbo indeed!

Of course you're interested in my challenge, else this conversation wouldn't exist. Please "charm" my automobile remotely, or get some of your people who can to do so. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by FBICIA(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
Siena:

No need of importing cars just supply ur full name and ur mum,s name that's all

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 03, 2013
FBI/CIA:
No need of importing cars just supply ur full name and ur mum,s name that's all

Even though my mom's been dead for 26 years? You really need to use your loaf, before you bring my mom into your moronic charade.

All these "charms" floating around, and Nigeria hasn't been "charmed" into a force to be reckoned with? And little wonder, if this is the average mindset. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by 3ace(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
OP, we are still waiting for your update though your case might be mechanical in nature since you probably didn't offend anybody.
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by sfiea: 4:05am On Jul 06, 2013
how about remotely disabling Siena's car, ain't that possible?
Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 06, 2013
sfi_ea: how about remotely disabling Siena's car, ain't that possible?

My thoughts exactly. Let's see if that could be done.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? by uboma(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2013
Siena:

My thoughts exactly. Let's see if that could be done.

@ Siena, pls drop this. I stopped commenting when I realized that some people here have chosen not to think through their medula Oblangata. When someone is foolish, u don't keep talking to him. Talking to him/her will only make him/her feel important. Remember, silence is the best response to .....!
Why on earth, will someone request for ur mother's name (even though she is still alive) just to charm ur car? It doesn't make sense at all. How is ur mother related to the car he claims he can charm? Why are people still losing their vehicles to theft when they could have simply charmed it against theft. I can go on and on but its of no use coz they have chosen to name a spade 'a biro'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 5 Online Marketplace To Sell Your Car In Nigeria / What's Inside Channel Cuts Open Mercedes S-class Seat To Reveal How It Looks / The Top 10 Futuristic Cars At Geneva Motor Show 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.