Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? (24335 Views)

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Local Church? / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by liyalla(m): 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
The question has its answer in its self- my church "sister"? undecided. The same reason why I did not marry sister or cousin sister or aunt, they are all ma "sisters" wink
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Willgates(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
DailyNews: The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

The guy will never be able to cope with the shame, especially when he will be seeing the sister in church always.

You know, after many stories and experiences shared by different guys of how they got turned down or snubbed by some rude and manner-less ladies they cherished and wished to love and marry, guys of nowadays have learnt to keep quiet even when they cherish a lady, most responsible guys always keep that admiration to themselves, most times forever.

Not all guys can handle rejection from a lady they cherish and have fantasize a good future with, hence, many responsible guys in general have withdrew from wooing and and toasting women.

That's the sad situation right now. I know plenty guys in this shoe.

10000 likes bro

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Dsage1: 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
DailyNews: The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

The guy will never be able to cope with the shame, especially when he will be seeing the sister in church always.

You know, after many stories and experiences shared by different guys of how they got turned down or snubbed by some rude and manner-less ladies they cherished and wished to love and marry, guys of nowadays have learnt to keep quiet even when they cherish a lady, most responsible guys always keep that admiration to themselves, most times forever.

Not all guys can handle rejection from a lady they cherish and have fantasize a good future with, hence, many responsible guys in general have withdrew from wooing and and toasting women.

Wooing a lady is like a game of luck, you either win or get rejected. This's something you must live with, only a coward give up on wooing cos of a mere rejection from girls. If a woman reject you, please don't mind her shakara just go to the next available one you like, many of them are hypocrites, so don't give up.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Because they are camelion
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Fynestboi: 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
Simple: to win member for my church, if i marry in my church no addition...

But op what do u intend gaining with this question undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Fynestboi: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
wristwatch: Because they are camelion
dnt 4get this“Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Fynestboi: 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
wristwatch: Because they are camelion
dnt 4get this
“Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t.. Beware gringrin
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by NumberOne2(m): 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Bolt2011: This is a question many brothers give unconvincing answers to. Many go with the saying that "the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know." This means they see the pious, dedicated and pretty sisters in their local assembly as hypocrites; wolves in sheep's clothings. They see them as people with "multiple" personalities; different persons on campus, at work, home, in company of friends and in the church. Some are of the opinion that these 'innocent' sisters must have expended their worldly lusts and passions before they turned into the church to catch naïve, unsuspecting brothers.
I worship in a local church with a robust population of single and charming ladies. For reasons I'm yet to decipher, I seem not attracted to any of them to the level of dating or proposing marriage. As much as I admire and love God-fearing ladies, I find it difficult to relate with them beyond a particular intimacy level.
You may have a contrary reason or opinion. Let's hear from you, why wouldn't you marry a sister from your local church?

One of two reasons:
1) You are not attracted to anyone in your church. This is natural. There is no rule that you MUST marry from your church.
2) The dude is not being honest with himself. Perhaps he not ready to settle and just wants to have sex. As a player, it will be safe to play as far away from home as possible. No local leagues.

If the dude really wants a wife, God is not wicked, he ordained marriage, he has a way of giving people what they deserve. If they will listen and not be driven by greed or lust.

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by tomzman: 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
swhiss: A lot of people marry outside their church and they fail to realise how wrong that is....The apostle paul admonishes christains to ''marry only in the Lord'' [1corinthians 7:39, 11:11]

so with the sound reasons he gave to support this, i dont think i am ready to do contrary.
Did you read your post well before submitting it? 'Marry only in the Lord' and 'Marry only from your church' do they mean the same thing? Don't try to sound holier than Jesus himself! It's one thing to read or know the Bible, it's another to understand it.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by tomzman: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Well, for me, I think it's because the fear of being turned down, just like somebody said earlier.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by NickHills: 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
I would love to marry one, but she must be elightened that romantic expression is one of the ingredients of a good marriage because a large no of them act as if the heaven is against being sexy and romantic.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
D sage:

Wooing a lady is like a game of luck, you either win or get rejected. This's something you must live with, only a coward give up on wooing cos of a mere rejection from girls. If a woman reject you, please don't mind her shakara just go to the next available one you like, many of them are hypocrites, so don't give up.

Men are and can be hypocrites too. Its not attributed to one sex alone.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by NumberOne2(m): 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Wisdom-Me:
See one of de reasons why we men hardly maarry frm our local churches

https://www.nairaland.com/1488287/brothers-mariage-crashing-after-few

Hilarious. Is the private part the reason you married her? How long did you court her?
No comments about her behaviour, home making, cooking and other stuff, just the private part?
It seems you are no virgin either. Guess you met your match. Have fun, its for life.

PS: A wide female private does not mean that she slept with a million men. It may just be the way her's is or perhaps the guys private part is on the small side. It will be nice to hear both sides of this story.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by skyscraperTM(m): 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Lwkmd.
Everybody in ur hometown is related to u?
Hmmm
Lolz, Almost
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by obinoral(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Meta4element: Lol op u really gat a piont here...seriousLy men dnt lyke d so called "wumen in christ" ladies...seriously u wun't blame i even know 1 gel 4rm awa side...shez fuckinq 37yr old buh lastweek she celebrated ha 28th birthday and dis pesin iz the type dat wil preach,qive u prayerz even 2 the extent of washinq d church...dats life shaaa buT all d same "SHINE UR EYES!!"
how did you knw her real age?

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by okaroabire(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pyrrho: The reasons ar most time latent in the mind but every guy feels the same way. I'll giv d few I can anyway.
If its a dedicated sister...
1. cos u wnt be comfortable she might be too holy to touch the way u wld do "others".
2. U knw the idea of "blow jobs" or "doggy style" etc might be out of the question.
3. U knw dt the church (pastors and reverends) might become the refree, supervisor, linesman... Probably manager of the marriage.#closeWatch
4. If u ar a guy who takes a "bottle" once in a while, a "stick", or a "puff". U knw wt closely watching bride mite be a bad idea.
5. It mite appear lyk u had it as ur mission when joining the church.
6. It mite also appear lyk u've been sexually attracted to her. Hence, u ve been "fornicating wit d eyes for a long time".
7. Gossips... Other haters might av spoilt tins b4 u even start.
I cld add some more...

Bt things wld be easier if its a church with very large congregation, and at least one of u isn't a well known member.
ah swear ur too on point!!

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Joe5(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
swhiss: A lot of people marry outside their church and they fail to realise how wrong that is....The apostle paul admonishes christains to ''marry only in the Lord'' [1corinthians 7:39, 11:11]

so with the sound reasons he gave to support this, i dont think i am ready to do contrary.

So if a brother RCCG marry a sister from Winners, he has married in the Devil and not in the Lord ?
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Sagamite(m): 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2013

Well said.

I can handle rejection but I have far more respect for myself than wilfully interacting with women that will likely give rude rejections.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Men are and can be hypocrites too. Its not attributed to one sex alone.
But i can tell you from Experience that Almost every ladies enjoy hypocrite as their hobby and what they like doing in their spare time. Guys dont have time for 5hit.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Meristem: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hmmmm.....but how can you MARRY A SISTER? grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
obinoral: how did you knw her real age?
Maybe na hin Pesin na.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
oluface: But i can tell you from Experience that Almost every ladies enjoy hypocrite as their hobby and what they like doing in their spare time. Guys dont have time for 5hit.

It's an illusion. That's why God looks at the heart of man rather than superficial things that human beings see upfront.

Does this apply to all the women in your life. ..including your family because i can tell you that you can't generalise. The perfect human being is yet to be born.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Anniettieufia(m): 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Who said i can't marry them or one of them ,

But why ask why ?
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
SELFWORTH:

It's an illusion. That's why God looks at the heart of man rather than superficial things that human beings see upfront.

Does this apply to all the women in your life. ..including your family because i can tell you that you can't generalise. The perfect human being is yet to be born.
Well i can tell you boldly that it applies to every woman in my life including my family and yours is not execption. It happen even among them in church and in mosque. Once again its every Nigerian Woman hobby.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joe.:

So if a brother RCCG marry a sister from Winners, he has married in the Devil and not in the Lord ?

Don't mind him.

He is not a Bible scholar.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by rapmike(m): 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pyrrho: The reasons ar most time latent in the mind but every guy feels the same way. I'll giv d few I can anyway.
If its a dedicated sister...
1. cos u wnt be comfortable she might be too holy to touch the way u wld do "others".
2. U knw the idea of "blow jobs" or "doggy style" etc might be out of the question.
3. U knw dt the church (pastors and reverends) might become the refree, supervisor, linesman... Probably manager of the marriage.#closeWatch
4. If u ar a guy who takes a "bottle" once in a while, a "stick", or a "puff". U knw wt closely watching bride mite be a bad idea.
5. It mite appear lyk u had it as ur mission when joining the church.
6. It mite also appear lyk u've been sexually attracted to her. Hence, u ve been "fornicating wit d eyes for a long time".
7. Gossips... Other haters might av spoilt tins b4 u even start.
I cld add some more...

Bt things wld be easier if its a church with very large congregation, and at least one of u isn't a well known member.
Partly my mind on the issue as well, coupled with d fact dat ur life may not be private/u may nt be able 2 share secrets wit her if she is an amebo, then sum pastors and elders kil d joy in d relationship by making d relationship dia personal life

Then double lives of sum of des gals and dia inability 2 see and improve on their weakness makes it worse

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
@SELFWORTH, do you know that only women understand women and that why they hate each other because of the hypocrite. They may smile at each other but behind that smile , there is Hell.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Genycharl(f): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2013

ok......happy married life
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by obinoral(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
oluface: But i can tell you from Experience that Almost every ladies enjoy hypocrite as their hobby and what they like doing in their spare time. Guys dont have time for 5hit.
church dating is complicated especially when it is not the will of God. You wont be free to do ur thing in church,imagin preachin abt fornication and ur former date is sitted on the choir sit.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by femmyadje(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
i think i will have been so used to the sisters in my church and they wont respect me as much as sisters from outside will do. So i'll prefer to marry frm outside.well done bro.keep the flag flying
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Sagamite(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joe.:

Those are the kinds of ediots that go to church and then think they are saved and their lives have improved. undecided

You can sell anything to them as long as you say God told you to tell them.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by rapmike(m): 9:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joe.:

Abeg help me ask am oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? / Father Solomon Ukeyima Builds A House For A Widow In Benue State (Photos) / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.