Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? (24331 Views)

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Local Church? / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 02, 2013
ITbomb: Still on this matter
I rather marry a naturally good girl than any bible-clutching , my-pastor-said girl

Lmao. Ikr
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by princeFAD: 4:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Guilt and fear. "What if she says no and tell other church members and pastor i tried to woo her" Religious women and women in general are very complicated at times. Its a blured area i'm also trying to understand.
You hit the nail on the head bro.perfect answer. It is really what am going through now. The question that keeps pumping in my heart is how will I feel later if she says no after approaching her
Imagine when you pray and worship God with someone and after the PM or service you call her to a side and tell her, i like you? i dreamt and saw us together? corny and creepy. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Funjosh(m): 4:52am On Nov 02, 2013
Am not to comment on this topic lipsrsealed
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 02, 2013
Ihedinobi: I would. All of my previous relationships were serious - I hoped we'd get married. Apart from the last one, all of them were with girls I knew from church or school fellowship. Well, apart from when I messed around a little bit.

I think it's all about getting to know the person you're dealing with. People with all kinds of pasts and lives are in the Church, that's a fact. Same thing at work. Same thing at school. Same thing on the streets. You wanna build a life with anyone, you gotta take your time and get to know them and be sure that y'all are on the same page. Same principle, different day.
Very true.Adam never asked God for a partner.God realize he needed one.

Marriage is not what believers should dream up like gentiles do.God brings it when we are faithful in the little He has committed to our hands.

As for me, my sister should be someone who sees and share the same VISION with me,someone who has a teachable heart,who is ready to RUN with me.

I don't need to go extra mile to teach her again because we drink from the same fountain,eat the same diet, suck the same breast and so on.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by laoludavid(m): 5:19am On Nov 02, 2013
Thats what i even want to dotoday, dnt know how it'll turn out to be

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 02, 2013
DailyNews: The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

The guy will never be able to cope with the shame, especially when he will be seeing the sister in church always.

You know, after many stories and experiences shared by different guys of how they got turned down or snubbed by some rude and manner-less ladies they cherished and wished to love and marry, guys of nowadays have learnt to keep quiet even when they cherish a lady, most responsible guys always keep that admiration to themselves, most times forever.

Not all guys can handle rejection from a lady they cherish and have fantasize a good future with, hence, many responsible guys in general have withdrew from wooing and and toasting women.

That's the sad situation right now. I know plenty guys in this shoe.
The most sensible thing to do was to ask any of the elders around who would be able to tell and give godly counsel than for him embark on such fruitless venture.

Most people have this erroneous impression, that asking his pastor about a sister in church before making MOVES is wrong, but that's not quite true. The church knows the history of its committed members and would be in a poll position to advice a brother on the best course of action to take.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:09am On Nov 02, 2013
Na woman U find go Church ?
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Gudintent: 6:18am On Nov 02, 2013
Bidam:

The church knows the history of its committed members and would be in a poll position to advice a brother on the best course of action to take.

Hmm more like the church knows the 'history' that the 'committed' member want them to know.

To each their own Sha.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by ehisbay(m): 6:47am On Nov 02, 2013
The ladies do not acknowledge the men in their own church just as Jesus was not respecTed i his own place. They need an outside.er to make them really understand
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 02, 2013
Think its more of familiarity. There is a tendency not to value wat is familiar. Hypocrites are both within and outside ur church. But if u open ur eyes well, there are good sisters hidden around u. U just don't know. Those sisters outside are not really better.

Besides, we that we suspect d sisters around us, are we perfect? How can u b looking for perfect sisters wen u urself are not perfect. Think about d skeleton in ur cupboard too. He who has no sin among us should cast d ist stone.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by emmabest2000(m): 7:08am On Nov 02, 2013
Vic-jay:
i can't. they are beyond what u see them as.
Really

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by everyday: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2013
I never knew that
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 02, 2013
Gudintent:

Hmm more like the church knows the 'history' that the 'committed' member want them to know.

To each their own Sha.
Without admitting it i think most folks share their personal turmoil with these 3 group of people.

1.PASTOR

2.LAWYER

3.DOCTOR.

I hope you get what i mean by HISTORY.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by arimahoseloka(m): 7:31am On Nov 02, 2013
I dont like dating church sisters because i fear a lot of gossip might be circulating in the church.. My pastor always advised couples to let him know about any relationship happening in therir lives, i dont want my pastor knowing every detail of my relationship with a church sister. Most church sisters i have come across are always church dis, church dat, they seem immature and dont have time to work on their relationship. I also beleive when a lady u are dating is in thesame church with u, its not interesting, i prefer being in another church so we dont see each other all the time. Imagine u have dated 2 sisters in d church and it didnt work out and then the 3rd one u dated works out and u are about 2 marry her? No be small gossip 4 d church o. The last church sister i dated the pastor caught me kissing her in my car, when i wanted 2 drop her off. Nna no be small tin o. Dem come dey look me like player when am trying 2 have a decent relationship. Its better dating a lady from another church for me sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by arimahoseloka(m): 7:31am On Nov 02, 2013
I dont like dating church sisters because i fear a lot of gossip might be circulating in the church.. My pastor always advised couples to let him know about any relationship happening in therir lives, i dont want my pastor knowing every detail of my relationship with a church sister. Most church sisters i have come across are always church dis, church dat, they seem immature and dont have time to work on their relationship. I also beleive when a lady u are dating is in thesame church with u, its not interesting, i prefer being in another church so we dont see each other all the time. Imagine u have dated 2 sisters in d church and it didnt work out and then the 3rd one u dated works out and u are about 2 marry her? No be small gossip 4 d church o. The last church sister i dated the pastor caught me kissing her in my car, when i wanted 2 drop her off. Nna no be small tin o. Dem come dey look me like player when am trying 2 have a decent relationship. Its better dating a lady from another church for me sha.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 02, 2013
Because many of them are goats in sheep linen.....shikena
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Goldenheart(m): 7:37am On Nov 02, 2013
If you re sure of marriage, you can summon courage. But if you re the chop n go type, Sometimes, its easier to go for girls that normally facebook, ping, gist, chew gums in church.... grin
Its called the "devil's approach" i just made that up#
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Boll2010: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2013
SELFWORTH:

......pardon? Please can someone interpret. Am not a Greek scholar.
you dey form say dat english no correct abi? When you've also got a faulty grammar
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Phikom(m): 7:42am On Nov 02, 2013
DailyNews: The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

The guy will never be able to cope with the shame, especially when he will be seeing the sister in church always.

You know, after many stories and experiences shared by different guys of how they got turned down or snubbed by some rude and manner-less ladies they cherished and wished to love and marry, guys of nowadays have learnt to keep quiet even when they cherish a lady, most responsible guys always keep that admiration to themselves, most times forever.

Not all guys can handle rejection from a lady they cherish and have fantasize a good future with, hence, many responsible guys in general have withdrew from wooing and and toasting women.

That's the sad situation right now. I know plenty guys in this shoe.
God bless yhu...as if yhu know what have been through...its a very sad scenario especially a sister of same local assembly...
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Royvic(m): 7:43am On Nov 02, 2013
I guess so, bt somtyms som hv a truely changed life after doing unprintable stuffs..... But whyl som desrve a secnd chance, odas do nt.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Boll2010: 8:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Nawa ooo.......una dey here dey take church gals serious.......only if u knw wat dey can do.......oboy if u put dick ontop clothline dem go steal am.......I swear dem sweet oooo........me no fit marry dem one BIT........they are only gud at pleasing the bed......dem go even dey tel u make d tin jst dey btw both of u......u go see dem for church dem go bone lyk say dem no knw u......but afta d lords prayer mehn njoyment galore.........me no be real church goer......v not been to church in six years all I do dia is jst happy new year........if I go e sure say na woman I find go or na woman invite me........I can't get enough of those ladies distributin church flyers.......ahahahhahah God help me
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Onyenna(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2013
I rather marry a naturally good girl than any bible-clutching , my-pastor-said girl

God bless You Bro.... Those "My-Pastor-Said-So" girls build their WHOLE lives around their pastors. Whatever their "Pastors" say goes..they place their pastors AHEAD of their Husbands! Aside bible discussions, they can HARDLY make any meaningful contributions;be it socially, economically etc...
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Cool83(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2013
swhiss: A lot of people marry outside their church and they fail to realise how wrong that is....The apostle paul admonishes christains to ''marry only in the Lord'' [1corinthians 7:39, 11:11]

so with the sound reasons he gave to support this, i dont think i am ready to do contrary.
haba! if i decided to marry from another denomination,does that mean marrying outside the Lord
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Phranciz(m): 8:16am On Nov 02, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Reason is we see church members as families. Same way you can't marry your sister.

I've even decided not to marry from my state cause almost everybody in my hometown is somehow related to me, i detest incest.

Better still better not marry from this world cos we are children of adam and eve.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Tell me about it!
I went there to buy some crates of hypo, but they were sold out.

SELFWORTH:

There are hypocrites everywhere. Even on NL. Tell us something new.

Lol, dude doesn't get the joke....smh
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Truckpusher(m): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2013
They are the worst hypocrites i have ever met in my life....smh
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by FBIolalusi(m): 8:57am On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=ITbomb]Still on this matter
I rather marry a naturally good girl than any bible-clutching , my-pastor-said girl [[b][/b]/quote]

Was about typing an episode to drive home my point and support for the op when I saw this comment. It just complete my utter dismay for the specs of Ladies you find in church this days. MY PASTOR SAID LADIES.
It just never click to me. Don't like such degree of sisters.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Danmas: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2013
thats is not a good idea for some churches that are looking for members
na business or na politics?
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by toprealman: 9:36am On Nov 02, 2013
Which church do you attend......satan's laboratory ministry international unlimited?
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by write2obi(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Guilt and fear. "What if she says no and tell other church members and pastor i tried to woo her" Religious women and women in general are very complicated at times. Its a blured area i'm also trying to understand.

Imagine when you pray and worship God with someone and after the PM or service you call her to a side and tell her, i like you? i dreamt and saw us together? corny and creepy. grin grin
I don't see anything wrong with that? That's if you truly meant them
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2013
To cut long story shut I think all of you should just go and marry from a. Brothel it will be easier for you guys. atleast you know her very well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy / Father Solomon Ukeyima Builds A House For A Widow In Benue State (Photos) / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.