Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,365 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:13 PM

Muslim Sisters, Please Read - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters, Please Read (1499 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Muslim Sisters Circle / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 1:56am On Jun 30, 2013
I think there should be a running thread exclusively for sisters where they can discuss issues facing them.

It offers an avenue for collaboration, advice and spiritual upliftment.

In addition, sisters can discuss problems faced by the sisters in Nigeria, maybe even start a fund where they can assist abused sisters or just empower sisters.

Assalam aleikum.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
That thread has been dead for a while. I see that muslim women face many challenges and there should an avenue to have meaningful discussions.

It is totally dependent on the sisters.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by Smile4ever: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hi I am new to Islam I took my Shahada 4 months ago. It took me some time before my decision and when I coverted from Christianity to Islam I was ready to wear my Hijab and Abaya. My family is very Christian and since they have found out have started to exclude me from the family. I do not have friends and rely on my family to be my friends. I live in an area where there are only a few other Muslims and we have no Mosque close by. I am very lonely but find comfort in my prayer and in my Quran thanks to a mosque 2 hrs from here I have these things. I love my family very much and dont want to lose them but I will not change how I feel about Islam for them. Any ideas on how I can help them to understand?

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by snubish: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
don Allah this should be a sticky fissabillillahi.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
Assalamu aleikum,

Welcome to Islam my sister,

I am so happy to see your post. You are the second person in the last few months, I am sure you will get plenty of support from everyone particularly the sisters. (Note to sisters)

You have many friends here.

As regards your family, be patient. Be the best to your parents. They will come around. Most importantly, learn about your religion and pray.

You can always contact me tbaba1234@yahoo.com
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
This is why we need a sisters forum, to figure out ways to provide help and support to new sisters because they need it.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by bntY: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
sister S4e,you are most welcome to d most sensible way of life.I congratulate you for d bold step you took not minding d adversaries.I must say,you hav d most important ingredient in ur armory to see you thru ,that is, willpower.
Coming frm a muslim home is laced wt its challenges if you are to practice d deen in a way alien to them,so I can imagine how a christian home will perceive the change.
My lil cent will be dt you take it one step at a time.don't shove it all down their throat at once.tendency is dt you are learning new things daily and you are eager to conform,slow and steady wins d race my dear.
change of any form(talk more ofreligion) is met by an initial rebuff by mankind,so be prepared for resistance frm kith and kin.
Lastly,patience and communication are invaluable virtues in this phase of ur deen....Hope to read testimonies frm you when dis phase is over.#cheers

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
JazakAllahu khair,
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by bntY: 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
^feel free to pop ur questions and share ur worries here. Can't boast of myself but i can guarantee we hav competent hands.Tbaba,mac,ayenny,zayhal,deols,etc.don't we?
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
tbaba1234: This is why we need a sisters forum, to figure out ways to provide help and support to new sisters because they need it.

I find it odd that a brother has to create a thread for sisters to discuss. #Strange
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Smile4ever: Hi I am new to Islam I took my Shahada 4 months ago. It took me some time before my decision and when I coverted from Christianity to Islam I was ready to wear my Hijab and Abaya. My family is very Christian and since they have found out have started to exclude me from the family. I do not have friends and rely on my family to be my friends. I live in an area where there are only a few other Muslims and we have no Mosque close by. I am very lonely but find comfort in my prayer and in my Quran thanks to a mosque 2 hrs from here I have these things. I love my family very much and dont want to lose them but I will not change how I feel about Islam for them. Any ideas on how I can help them to understand?

You are welcome Smile4ever. bntY has given great advice and I will add that you should maintain your faith in Islam whilst remaining cordial with your family as best you can.

It will take some time before they get used to it. Don't worry too much about it, just focus on being a better person.

You can also make friends here too. I volunteer time if you ever get to the point that you feel there is no one to talk to. Just send me a message.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
tbaba1234: Who started this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/274394/sisters-discuss-issues-questions-here

You want to play sarcasm with moi? Well, there is a difference. Lagosboy (a man) offered to answer questions about Islam relating to women in addition to any other thing that might happen on that thread.

My understanding of this new thread you are suggesting is to create a platform for women to discuss their issues with minimal male interference.

If you insist that my understanding is wrong. Then quite frankly, you should revive Lagosboy's thread and not bother duplicating it.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
Please where did he offer to answer questions of sisters.

Salam sisters just trying to create a thread were sisters can talk on issues regarding them and ranging from fiqh, marriage, aqeeda, education and so on.

This could also help in getting better advice from muslims sis and bros as to what you will get in the romance and family section.

2. Do you think I had that thread in my mind before starting this one?

3. What exactly is your problem with this thread? That thread has been dead for a long time.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by busar(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by busar(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
@mac,what's wrong with what he did?
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2013
tbaba1234: Please where did he offer to answer questions of sisters.

2. Do you think I had that thread in my mind before starting this one?

3. What exactly is your problem with this thread? That thread has been dead for a long time.

I am not new to that thread and I know Lagosboy was not going to say: "Come, I will answer all your questions," which is essentially what he did on that thread.

Lagosboy: This could also help in getting better advice
from muslims sis and bros as to what you will
get in the romance and family section.

What do you think is implied in this quote knowing how knowledgeable Lagosboy is? You can accuse me of 'selective interpretation' but have a look at that thread and see what happened.

When I made my initial comment, I was half-joking and did not expect you to be so defensive but since you have chosen that route, let me ask: wouldn't it be better to build on Lagosboy's thread?

Essentially, you are duplicating it even if that was not your initial intention. It will not take anything from you to use that platform.

For the record, there are no dead threads on Nairaland, they are all live.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
busar: @mac,what's wrong with what he did?

Nothing, I just feel sisters should be encouraging sisters to talk to each other. But if tbaba wants to lead the way. I think I should let him. What do you think?
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
Wa Alaykum Salam @opening post
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
@mac, this is a thread making a suggestion to sisters...

You are the only one writing epistles. I simply posted a link showing that it is not that strange. You took it as sarcarsm and got defensive

Anyway, thanks for derailing the thread.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 12:42am On Jul 01, 2013
I will join in after someone starts.

Let someone open the thread pls. It is a very good idea. I now understand the importance of it better.

@smile4eva, you are welcome dear. pls talk to me @ deols001naija@yahoo.com.

May Allah ease your affairs and keep us firm in His deen. Amin
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 12:52am On Jul 01, 2013
Ameen.

JazakAllahu khair but you can start it o!!! tongue
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 1:00am On Jul 01, 2013
tbaba1234: Ameen.

You get the point.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 1:05am On Jul 01, 2013
What point? If you read the thread properly, you would have known that this is exactly what this thread called for.

Now, you are claiming a point?

I am thoroughly disappointed in your response here.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 1:22am On Jul 01, 2013
tbaba1234: What point? If you read the thread properly, you would have known that this is exactly what this thread called for.

Now, you are claiming a point?

I am thoroughly disappointed in your response here.

I think it would be nice if sisters could interact within themselves with very minimal intervention from men. I don't see that happening with the way you are going on this thread. #Wetinsef?
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by tbaba1234: 1:30am On Jul 01, 2013
Hopefully, you finally get the point of the thread and why I made it.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by busar(m): 6:32am On Jul 01, 2013
maclatunji:

Nothing, I just feel sisters should be encouraging sisters to talk to each other. But if tbaba wants to lead the way. I think I should let him. What do you think?
I think the thread is more like encouraging one,Since the sister couldn't create something like this. And there's no where in his post that says he will engage in it. He will be like a sub moderator cool
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by maclatunji: 8:35am On Jul 01, 2013
busar: I think the thread is more like encouraging one,Since the sister couldn't create something like this. And there's no where in his post that says he will engage in it. He will be like a sub moderator cool

And I am thinking if sisters won't create a thread for sisters to discuss. How does a man take-up the mantle? I am just pondering here, people should not take my word as law.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by busar(m): 8:39am On Jul 01, 2013
maclatunji:

And I am thinking if sisters won't create a thread for sisters to discuss. How does a man take-up the mantle? I am just pondering here, people should not take my word as law.
mac, I beg leave this thing nah.You are taking it too far o.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by deols(f): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2013
What tbaba is saying is clear enough. the banters are unnecessary distractions.

tbaba1234: Ameen.

I can, really. But where are my sisters nahh. I am not sure they are joining in. If two or more show interest, I'll be motivated.
Re: Muslim Sisters, Please Read by sino(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2013
I think it's a good idea, a dedicated thread for the sisters, it may be named 'the sisters platform'

@deols,
The sisters are everywhere na, i opine that you start the thread as the amirah(yeah, it's official grin), let it make front page, seek support from sisters, especially from the ttc thread on this section(i believe they are matured and experienced as well as knowledgeable), you may also pm sisters that have been active on this section, informing them about this special thread dedicated to them.
Brothers too can contribute, shearing useful info that are targeted at the sisters.

@mac&tbaba, una don start again abi? Personally, i saw mac's initial post as a joke(typical of him), heck, there ain't nothing wrong about a bro bringing up suggestions for sisters. So both of you should stop putting your feet on the letter P and see how we can better our lot jare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sad?? / What Does Moon Represent In Islam ? / What Is Legimate Jihad?, A Classical Understanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.