Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative (11717 Views)

FG targets one million jobs through growth employment project / 2015: Buhari Promises Igbo Youths One Million Jobs / Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by shakomende: 10:37am On Jun 30, 2013
The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to create about 1 million jobs through an online initiative, the Integrated Youth Development Initiative. The Initiative which has been designed to address the nation’s high unemployment rate in a practical way aims at monitoring youth development in the country closely.

Special Adviser to the President on Job Creation, Mr. Obi Adim said:

“We are looking at creating about one million jobs a year. We have various sectors we are looking at such as Information and Communication Technology, entrepreneurship, and skills acquisition.”

According to the National Bureau of Statistics, Nigeria currently has an unemployment rate of 23.9 per cent. In a recent media chat, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation, Josephine Washima, said that the initiative has received a lot of buy-in from stakeholders and that more details about the initiative would be announced before the end of July.

Washima noted that the initiative is quite different from the Nigerian Government’s Youth Enteprise with Innovation Programme, (YouWIN).

“The YouWin programme is a business competition, which is online-based and this is totally different from the Integrated Youth Empowerment Initiative. Our initiative is not a competition but it will empower the youth at the end of the day if properly implemented,” she said.

She emphasized that through the initiative, Nigerian youth will be equipped with the required skills that will help transform their lives.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2013/06/30/integrated-youth-development-initiative/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by vizboy(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2013
#ok
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2013
Good, nairalanders will get busy soon

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by bloggernaija: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
Are we not going to space again? I don buy cutlass to pluck moon o.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by egift(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
1 million jobs! Someone have just successfully marketed another scheme.

Until the minister stake his job and a jail term on this am not believing. Do you know how many promises i have heard in Nigeria?

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by manzana: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
it is time for youth revolution..i swear, am gonna start it..our future is what this baboons are tampering with .

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by free2ryhme: 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
like you said online ... Now that the news is online then it has ended ....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by Horlawoomey(m): 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
Can I have an idea of what the news is all about or am I having comprehension problem?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by Mayor21(m): 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
*singing*tNaija go beta. .e dn d beta oooo!
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
Waiting***
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by sobaemma(m): 11:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
Oh how i wish i can clear my leaders for our coloner master to come and rule,did i hear anybody for slavewot is more than the slave we are in now
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by sobaemma(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
Oh how i wish i can clear my leaders for our coloner master to come and rule,at least no corruption,good housing,gud jobs,normal life,quanlity education,did i hear anybody for slavewot is more than the slave we are in now
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by prodam(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
It suffices to say:
Seeing is believing..
Am optimistic though..but until they prove otherwise, Nigeria is used to talking without acting, promises without fulfilling them, and ideas without transforming them into benefits.
As an advocacy, implementation alone is not even enough, we need proper implementation by following and monitoring projects to make sure their objectives are achieved. Ensuring the beneficiaries are true and not influenced or based on unequal opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 01, 2013
#Laptop crew recruitment things. Oh Lord please protect Nairaland from the soon to be employed national Laptop crew. 40 staff nearly caused damage to this forum, what will happen when they become a million in number!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by tigerleggs(m): 12:09am On Jul 01, 2013
i.e 1 million Lapdogs ll soon be unleashed.O ga adikwa egwu.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by K0ala7(m): 12:09am On Jul 01, 2013
shakomende:

According to the National Bureau of Statistics, Nigeria currently has an unemployment rate of 23.9 per cent.

Not only are they bold enough to lie about the jobs, they also have the testicular fortitude to lie about our unemployment rate!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by godman01(m): 12:19am On Jul 01, 2013
We shall see. We are waiting!
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by DisGuy: 12:22am On Jul 01, 2013
Horlawoomey: Can I have an idea of what the news is all about or am I having comprehension problem?

me too oo

but maybe 40 laptops = 1 million lappie jobs
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by omenka(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2013
I guess that will make a total of One million and fourty laptops.
Bunch of confused ignoramuses.
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by locdog(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2013
bullshit
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by Tolzeal(m): 12:31am On Jul 01, 2013
cheesy angry
locdog: bullshit

But why now!! grin
locdog: bullshit

But why now!!
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by churific(m): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2013
1000000 jobs through online initiatives...haha...from where? The email scam department?

I guess we'll have to initiate Nigeria Wide Web (nww) instead of World Wide Web (www) to make that happen! Somebody better call Mr. Phillip Emeagwali
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by lastpage: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2013
K0ala7:

Not only are they bold enough to lie about the jobs, they also have the testicular fortitude to lie about our unemployment rate!
The damage these LIARS employed by Government, is doing to our future is better imagined.

[color=#990000]From power generation, to employment, to number of roads constructed, to population figures, to election results, to funding of education, to payment of salaries, ...and the list is endless!
THIS IS A GOVERNMENT OF LIAR

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by nairaman66(m): 12:44am On Jul 01, 2013
This people are really crazy.. Seems to me like a Pro Yahoo-Yahoo thing!
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by AZeD1(m): 12:48am On Jul 01, 2013
Is this why insincere Nigerian did roll call yesterday?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by YoursGEJ(m): 12:50am On Jul 01, 2013
na true
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by musiwa24: 12:51am On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by CyberG: 12:51am On Jul 01, 2013
1 Million LAPDOGS to prop-up the puppety retardeenic GEJ government! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 01, 2013
?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by NSNA: 1:02am On Jul 01, 2013
useless
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by savcy(m): 1:06am On Jul 01, 2013
Tales by moon-light angry angry
Re: Nigerian Government To Create A Million Jobs Through Online Initiative by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 01, 2013
1 million laptops on the way for boys to start lying, deceive, mischaracterize, blackmail, and humiliate opponents. We are ready to throw twice of what you throw at us. Shameless government headed by Jonadunce and PDP killing machines.

This election is not going to be business as usual. Bring it on!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers PDP: Amaechi Is against Southern Agenda, Secretly Working For Atiku / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan / State Police: House Of Representatives To Introduce Bill Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.