Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? (17674 Views)

Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

And you wonder why people fail JAMB and WAEC? How does your question relate to my post in anyway?

I will answer you tough, it shows that a developed country have found you worthy enough to represent them not minding your color, nationality or the Terrible country you come from.

Obama's citizenship made way for him cool
In America you have lunatics opening fire on people for no reason other than just being lunatics, their casualty figures might just be higher than that of Boko Haram. You aslo admitted that having an American citizenship doesn't stop you from being insulted, so why call those who say they flaunt their Nigerian passports enemies of progress?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by sambos994(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
If I need to show it, I show it. If I don't, I don't
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by mars123(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
flaunt it for who?hide it from who?i dont understand my country people anymore...well,i can show anyone my passport,even if na Obama or queen Eliza!who dat person b sef?...the fact is you shouldnt give a damn.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Halldmoney: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ever since i have been traveling out of Nigeria with my green P, i have never had any issue or mistreat from any immigration officer, in fact i always had more than needed attention. For an example while in SA the Immigration officer ( a female) seized my passport and was persuading me to stay with her in Johannesburg until the next day cos she confessed she liked me..... in Georgia i was singled out of the line on the right to the left by some female officers chating with me and to my amazement asked me how many months i would love to stay. so what's your story? why on earth would i be hiding my passport. i flaunt it and make people see i am from the green land, no inferiority complex anytime cos most of these countries we contribute 60-70% to their economy growth. proudly Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Halldmoney: 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ever since i have been traveling out of Nigeria with my green P, i have never had any issue or mistreat from any immigration officer, in fact i always had more than needed attention. For an example while in SA the Immigration officer ( a female) seized my passport and was persuading me to stay with her in Johannesburg until the next day cos she confessed she liked me..... in Georgia i was singled out of the line on the right to the left by some female officers chating with me and to my amazement asked me how many months i would love to stay. so what's your story? why on earth would i be hiding my passport. i flaunt it and make people see i am from the green land, no inferiority complex anytime cos most of these countries we contribute 60-70% to their economy growth. proudly Nigerian.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: In America you have lunatics opening fire on people for no reason other than just being lunatics, their casualty figures might just be higher than that of Boko Haram. You aslo admitted that having an American citizenship doesn't stop you from being insulted, so why call those who say they flaunt their Nigerian passports enemies of progress?

Yes they are enemies of progress...those that flaunt their Nigerian passports and insult Nigerians who choose not to flaunt any passport at all are enemies of progress. My name is JENNIFER KADRY AND I STAND BY MY WORD.

You asked what achievement what having a foreign passport brings to people and I mentioned a couple. How many times do you see Americans leave their country and relocate to Nigeria? Compared to the amount of Nigerians that migrate to the states everyday.... Whatever happened to the ALUU boys? THe US never gave up until they captured and killed Osama, crimes were being solved and not given up on.

Now if people chose to leave their country of birth and relocate to a country that gives them more security than their country is willing to provide for them then "Nobody be hating" cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Inoknowbook: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry: ^^^^Lol, I remember going against my hubby and traveling with my nigerian passport instead of the blue one, the way the customs here scrutinized my passport on arrival .....I said no more, never again cheesy grin

Abegi, who come take that better posture for your profile? That was indeed very funny picture. Was that your husband that warned you not travel with naija kpali? Probably he got angry that you disobeyed him and went to the bush to take that picture in order to embarrass you! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
I no know book:

Abegi, who come take that better posture for your profile? That was indeed very funny picture. Was that your husband that warned you not travel with naija kpali? Probably he got angry that you disobeyed him and went to the bush to take that picture in order to embarrass you! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hmm, I had to check the pic after your post. One word, Fugly
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by omanzo02: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
Op,

Stop being stvpid, passport are to be tender at control post when required and not to be flaunted or used for swag, even travelling agencies advice u to keep your passport in a secure place to avoid forgetting, damaging or carelessly losing it, even my European passport is to be tender at the appropriate post and not to flaunt for people to see.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Yes they are enemies of progress...those that flaunt their Nigerian passports and insult Nigerians who choose not to flaunt any passport at all are enemies of progress. My name is JENNIFER KADRY AND I STAND BY MY WORD.

You asked what achievement what having a foreign passport brings to people and I mentioned a couple. How many times do you see Americans leave their country and relocate to Nigeria? Compared to the amount of Nigerians that migrate to the states everyday.... Whatever happened to the ALUU boys? THe US never gave up until they captured and killed Osama, crimes were being solved and not given up on.

Now if people chose to leave their country of birth and relocate to a country that gives them more security than their country is willing to provide for them then "Nobody be hating" cool
America is in no way more secured than Nigeria. At least you can walk on the streets in Nigeria without the fear of being shot by a lunatic. Those people who flaunt their Nigerian passports are the ones who are satisfied with their lives not enemies of progress, I cannot imagine someone like Dangote hiding his Nigerian passport. It's only those who fell insecure about themselves that resort to something as little as a US passport to feel good about themselves.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: America is in no way more secured than Nigeria. At least you can walk on the streets in Nigeria without the fear of being shot by a lunatic. Those people who flaunt their Nigerian passports are the ones who are satisfied with their lives not enemies of progress, I cannot imagine someone like Dangote hiding his Nigerian passport. It's only those who fell insecure about themselves that resort to something as little as a US passport to feel good about themselves.

Why should dangote hide it? When the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer? Why should I be proud to be a Nigerian when female thieves are molested after being caught and male criminals burnt to death? Why should people be extra proud of where they come from when the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer? How many times have I refused my white friends from visiting nigeria with me for fear of them being kidnapped or have to deal with NEPA like I did.....they come from countries where basic amenities are being provided for them by their government, when they are sick they get treated in their country and not flown abroad like DAME, and co. Tell me dangote will prefer to fly abroad for serious medical issues than stay in that country called Nigeria? I could not even go out at night when i visited Nigeria, Nigeria is one country that suffers from severe impaired security issues.

Hey for your information I don't even live in America but their passport carriers have more opportunities world wide than Nigerian carriers.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by dasparrow: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
AjanleKoko: LOL@ Thread.

I do neither. It's my passport. I don't flaunt it, neither do I hide it. I don't go around clutching my documents, I keep them in a holdall or briefcase, and only ensure I have it ready for presentation when required.
Would do the same if I was using a passport of another country. Na passport na, no be Lexus embarassed

I do the exact same thing. Why should I flaunt a traveling document? What for? I don't want to mistakenly loose it.

Anyways, at topic, I have never been harassed because of my Nigerian passport. The way you carry and comport yourself matters a lot especially if your conscience is clean and you have nothing to hide. The only thing I have noticed is that these immigration officers get carried away by my long native name. But that is about it. I was born in the western world so it states it there in my passport under 'place of birth.'

I have traveled extensively with my Nigerian passport in Europe and USA and I have not had problems but I have witnessed other Nigerians getting harassed. There was once I was in Germany and this Nigerian man and his German wife were going through checkpoint. The Nigerian man has a German passport. They allowed his wife go through but pulled him aside for further questioning. As for me with my Nigerian passport, nothing happened. I was let through right away. So it all depends.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Why should dangote hide it? When the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer? Why should I be proud to be a Nigerian when female thieves are molested after being caught and male criminals burnt to death? Why should people be extra proud of where they come from when the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer? How many times have I refused my white friends from visiting nigeria with me for fear of them being kidnapped or have to deal with NEPA like I did.....they come from countries where basic amenities are being provided for them by their government, when they are sick they get treated in their country and not flown abroad like DAME, and co. Tell me dangote will prefer to fly abroad for serious medical issues than stay in that country called Nigeria? I could not even go out at night when i visited Nigeria, Nigeria is one country that suffers from severe impaired security issues.

Hey for your information I don't even live in America but their passport carriers have more opportunities world wide than Nigerian carriers.
This is not my definition of a secure country
Every year in the U.S., an average of more than
100,000 people are shot, according to The Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence. Every day in the U.S., an average of 289 people
are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30 are
murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die
accidentally, and one is shot in a police
intervention, the Brady Campaign reports. Between 2000 and 2010, a total of 335,609
people died from guns -- more than the
population of St. Louis, Mo. (318,069), Pittsburgh
(307,484), Cincinnati, Ohio (296,223), Newark,
N.J. (277,540), and Orlando, Fla. (243,195)
(sources: CDF, U.S. Census; CDC) One person is killed by a firearm every 17
minutes, 87 people are killed during an averageday, and 609 are killed every week. (source:CDC)
If I may ask, what did you contribute in making US what it is today?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
We could argue this all da and night but truth is, foreign passport holders are more covered in and out of their countries. An American when in trouble overseas looks for the closest US high commission and present themselves there, and they get sorted out. Who do we call if we are stuck or find ourselves in violent environments overseas whilst carrying our nigerian
Passports? Who can we run to? Yet you call a US passport little when it provides people with so much security outside their country, what security does Nigerian passport provide us without side Nigeria?

Puhleaseeeeee
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Princek12(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
omanzo02: Op,

Stop being stvpid, passport are to be tender at control post when required and not to be flaunted or used for swag, even travelling agencies advice u to keep your passport in a secure place to avoid forgetting, damaging or carelessly losing it, even my European passport is to be tender at the appropriate post and not to flaunt for people to see.

waka. If I catch you, I will give you a dirty slap with the back of my hand. Can you comprehend the main point of the topic? I guess no.

People still flaunt passports, especially UK and American pali. So don't come here and start yarning nonsense.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

As for the medical stuff, get ready for this..................6 million Americans travel abroad every year for medical treatment Nigeria's number doesn't come any where close. 6 million is more than the population of a lot of countries.
http://news.health.com/2009/04/08/traveling-treatment/

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2:
This is not my definition of a secure country
If I may ask, what did you contribute in making US what it is today?

Talk about technology and having the right equipments to provide statistics to the world,how many crimes In Nigeria are recorded or accounted for? In 2012 I drove past a man who was burnt to death close to ABULE ADO. You have governments who make money that cannot be accounted for. Obama's salary is on the Internet for the whole world to see, can you say same for GEJ?

A politician was sacked for not being to make account of a missing 4k dollars, only 4k oo and you have the likes of Nigerian governments transferring millions of dollars overseas

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: As for the medical stuff, get ready for this..................6 million Americans travel abroad every year for medical treatment Nigeria's number doesn't come any where close. 6 million is more than the population of a lot of countries.
http://www.news.health.com/2009/04/08/traveling-treatment/

Give me Nigerias statistics if you can? grin

Atleast they can afford To, can we say same for nigeria??

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by AjanleKoko: 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
dasparrow:
There was once I was in Germany and this Nigerian man and his German wife were going through checkpoint. The Nigerian man has a German passport. They allowed his wife go through but pulled him aside for further questioning. As for me with my Nigerian passport, nothing happened. I was let through right away. So it all depends.

Reminds me of one elderly chap at Heathrow. I was watching his interaction with the immigration officer. All went well, until they asked 'Where are you going?' and he said 'Essex'. Next question was 'Why Essex?', and what came from my fellow Naija man was one long litany that was guaranteed to generate more than cursory interest from the immigration fella. I felt bad for the man, they would certainly keep him at their desk for a while embarassed
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Talk about technology and having the right equipments to provide statistics to the world,how many crimes In Nigeria are recorded or accounted for? In 2012 I drove past a man who was burnt to death close to ABULE ADO. You have governments who make money that cannot be accounted for. Obama's salary is on the Internet for the whole world to see, can you say same for GEJ?

A politician was sacked for not being to make account of a missing 4k dollars, on, 4k oo and you have the likes of Nigerian governments transferring millions of dollars overseas
You've nothing to be proud of regarding America, you contributed nothing to it, neither did your fore fathers. Get used to that

5 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: You've nothing to be proud of regarding America, you contributed nothing to it, neither did your fore fathers. Get used to that

Kiss my azz cheesy its nobody's fault some of yous are carrying Nigerian passport. All of you will deny and burn your Nigerian passports if presented with Ghanian passport not to talk of America
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: You've nothing to be proud of regarding America, you contributed nothing to it, neither did your fore fathers. Get used to that

And heyyyy, I don't live in America but it wouldn't stop me from blindly saying nigeria is better than the US. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Give me Nigerias statistics if you can? grin

Atleast they can afford To, can we say same for nigeria??
Why shift the goal post, I thought going abroad for medical treatment was an abomination to you?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by AjanleKoko: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Kiss my azz cheesy its nobody's fault some of yous are carrying Nigerian passport. All of you will deny and burn your Nigerian passports if presented with Ghanian passport not to talk of America

All of who? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nigerians in Ukraine face racism everyday, they are being spat on and beaten up in broad day light everyday. Who did they go to for help there? Spit on an America there who knows his right and watch what happens....
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Why shift the goal post, I thought going abroad for medical treatment was an abomination to you?

You talk too much, even your president's wife was flown to Germany for treatment, yet Mandela is still being treated in SA. What a shame that silly country Nigeria is.

AjanleKoko:

All of who? undecided
Don't come for me until I send for you wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Why shift the goal post, I thought going abroad for medical treatment was an abomination to you?

Are they going abroad cos their country lacks the basic medical facilities or did they fly abroad cos its cheaper for them? cheesy

Even our so called actors travel to America to have their children....who doesn't want to give their child a good life of they can afford it? The children of the minister of education currently school in the UK, minister of education oooooo and you re here talking abeg
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by imauri: 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
This trend has no relevance or use ok maybe for people who feel they can use this to show off duel nationality Guess what... no one gives a rats ass cause the lot of u are lying... im nigerian and dont live in nigeria, myself and my friends all in oil and gas always use our nigerian passports any time or any where we go, be it work or pleasure , we have never been harassed or anything... probably its the way u guys behave thats y u look suspect... and im pretty sure most of you guys claiming red and blue passports have not even reached Ghana..lol...lol. Op i believe there are better and useful topics to concentrate ur time on? yes?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by damiso(f): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

You enjoying torturing your family 45mins -1 hour wait? grin What happens when yous are traveling to other developed countries??I know the red passport carriers are eligible for the visa waiver program in some countries, so what happens with you? You apply for visa ? I did that a few times until hubby got mad

Yeah I apply for visa though some EU countries waive visas when travelling with the whole family.That alone is the only thing I see that having a red passport gives over my green one.To me its just a document.Everyone harasses me about it,ehen have you gotten your red passport yet when I say no some people want to faint shocked shocked shocked.after all this years.My friend is counting down to the day he and his family are eligible for naturalisation cheesy.To me its no biggie abi dem dey share money with red kpali ni.You still have to work hard to prove yourself and succeed.Ease of travel, yes apart from that all na demo.My place of birth will always be Lagos. cool

Besides sef, citizenship get different levels, I remember my husband got screened off from applying for a high security clearance job cos none of his parents were british.And he was born here in the 70's.So to me all the citizenship thing is no big deal. undecidedSome people take the whole citizenship thing to a whole new level sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2 Buses Collide In Imo, One Somersaults, Imo Chief Of Staff Rescues Victims / Four Nigerians In Arrested Jakarta Over Proper Stay Permits / Seeking Honest Advice: Considering Relocating Abroad - Need Your Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.