Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? (3231 Views)

In The Spirit Of Celebrating Democracy Day, Lets Re-write Your Cv For Free!!!! / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by demmy55(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
To all the human resource personnels in the house and all those who may have an idea. Is it advisable to write your CGPA on your CV if it is 3.0 and above?
Re: Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by olasquare22: 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
Since the interpretation of the CGPA is d grade u already state on ur CV. In my own opinion, it will makes no sense having d CGPA on d CV.
Re: Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
demmy55: To all the human resource personnels in the house and all those who may have an idea. Is it advisable to write your CGPA on your CV if it is 3.0 and above?
Absolutely NO...your class of degree should be the only grade stated on your cv (if need be)...if you put your CGPA, you can as well put all the grades in your WAEC
Re: Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by demmy55(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
mitwitdot:
Absolutely NO...your class of degree should be the only grade stated on your cv (if need be)...if you put your CGPA, you can as well put all the grades in your WAEC

Lol cheesy

But I read something abt including ur grades on CV if u have high grades and also indicating if you came out best in anything. Dats part of the reason I'm asking.
Re: Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
It is good to put it only if you have a good grade; say upper credit and above
Re: Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 01, 2013
3.0 is not impressive. Besides, it falls on second class lower which most employers (if we're truthful to ourselves) don't accept. The generally acceptable grades are second class upper and first class. The only reason you should state your cgpa is when it's within d range of 4.00 and 4.49
Re: Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by Alenkakent(m): 1:25am On Jul 02, 2013
For sm1 lyk me who finishd wth 3.48 which is still a 2.2 (0.02 less than a 2.1)! Isn't it advisable to put my 3.48 rather than just 2.2?
Re: Is It Advisable To Write Your CGPA On Your CV? by Lewenski12(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
demmy55:

Lol cheesy

But I read something abt including ur grades on CV if u have high grades and also indicating if you came out best in anything. Dats part of the reason I'm asking.
In no way are u allowed to include ur CGPA on ur CV. Ur class division is enough. U can only include ur CGPA on ur cover letter if the company u r applying is a multinational or a company dat values very high scores eg consultancy firms.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Live And Work Legally In Canada / Vacancy In Limpetoil And Gas Nigeria Limited / Fortune Careers Limited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.