Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World (289894 Views)

Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Kelly32: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2014
I think we should let God deal with this issue, for only He alone knows the depths of a mans heart(intentions,motives and the real reason behind these wealth acquisition), he knows where there heart is(Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also).I think we should rather face our work like in a race or in an examination we should [phil 2:12 (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ)].
May God grant us wisdom grace and mercy.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Billygee2u: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2014
ideaz:

I do not think it is fair for people to always quote a verse of the Bible out of context to support thier personal ideas and positions which in many cases are sincerely wrong. Above you singled out Mathew 19:21 without referencing the entire story. If you are sincere about knowing the truth, read further down inteligently and you will see the complete equation that will help you understand Jesus idea.

You will be shocked to find out that the poor has less chances than the rich and that the disciples were rich according to the question they asked in verse 25.

Jesus came and substituted man's poverty with His riches. He took our place so that we might take His place legally. Even in His poverty He had a house big enough to house more than himself and His disciples.

HE had more than enough money for His gospel activities such that even with all the stealing of His treasurer (Judas Ischariot) they never lacked anything neither did He confront him. Those wealth came from men and women who believe His course according to The Bible. These pastors you persecute today have not done anything different.

The Bible shows us that they might even had enough money to buy food for those 5000 men, women and children not counted but where far away from where they could buy anything hence the need to multiply what was available. Be informed that HE never gave anything just enough but in supplus anytime anywhere.

Do you think if Jesus wore ordinary cloths that the soldiers will need to fight over who takes it after His death? The Bible shows how they had to eventually place bet on who takes His cloth. Why did He have to wear such expensive cloths when there were many poor begger in the street of Jerusalem. Go find out His response when confronted with such arguments of allowing expensive perfume poured on Him instead of being sold and the money given to the poor?

You will need to do detail research of Bible contents with an open as an investigator to be able to challenge the many wrong represenations we were raised with concerning God and His Word.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free! Many ignorantly fight against GOD thinking they are fighting for Him just like Saul of Tharsus. Silence is a far better option than to find yourself in this space because while you may realise your mistakes and repent someday, your anti-God posts may live many years after you and worse still populating the kingdom of darkness unfortunately.

Dear friend,be wise and do not ignorantly misunderstand who Jesus Christ is and His teaching.

Cheers.

Dear friend,be wise and do not ignorantly misunderstand who Jesus Christ is and His teaching.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Emmonski(m): 11:43am On Jan 07, 2014
The blessing of The Lord maketh rich and add no sorrow.this men of God are so blessed!!!!.serve The Lord with all yr hrt nd u shall be blessed.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by tonaydo(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2014
My question is this: WHERE DO THEY GET THEIR MONEY FROM?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by zaragoza(m): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=mosi2living]I understand that most people will always frown at topics like this, because of individual understanding and perception about it. But I can tell everyone that most of this men have been tested by God and have passed the test, this is what is called supernatural wealth, it's not accidental, it's not church money as many will supposed. e.g David Oyedepo stop collecting salary from the church before the 90s, there's no profit that comes from books sale, this is a man that give out scholarship to thousands yearly, this are men who are sold out to the course of God and men. It's easy to sit down and begin to criticise and say all manner but that won't change anything or makes you better. All these men once had nothing, I think it's better to think of the secrets to making it yourself instead of accusing someone. [/quo

if he actually makes nothing from the church, then the source of his wealth becomes even more questionable.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by EBIXANDRA(f): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
In my own opinion, a man's wealth shld not be measure by how much materials and currencies he has but by d richness of d pple around him. Hw can u be hailing a teacher wen all his students and surroundin pple are stark illiterates? In same way why hailing pastors wit riches wen most of can barely eat, hw much more sending dia kids to skul? Sombody said Christ became poor so dt we cld be rich, wats ur definition of being rich? MONEY, GOOD WINES and JETS? D last time I checked, d apostles weren't leaving large. Abi Christ didn't become poor for d apostles to be rich too? Pls let's stop quotin scripture to suit our mortal desires.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by fkayode: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Jesus said, the poor you will always have with you(Mark 14/7). Please choose not to be that poor.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Ishilove: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Reference:

Stop trying to hide under stone. If it is good he deserves to own one just like any other person. I repeat, Christians are entitled to as much and even more wealth, influence and power as the children of the world.

I have truly seen an evil under the sun whereby the pyramids and palaces of Egypt are built by those who live in tents. My God is not like that. Jesus came to set me free from bondage including to the thought that I have to hide my wealth, live in suffering and rob God of His glory just to satisfy detractors and appease those who refuse to embrace the full gospel.

I repeat. Poverty is one fallout of sin and it has a powerful hold on people because it is protected by a curse by God himself. And only through Jesus Christ can it be rooted out from the psyche of any man. If you don't believe Jesus Christ has set you free from poverty capsulated thoughts there is nothing God can do for you. Poverty is an aberration. Just like Nigeria. Much suffering in the midst of plenty. Is that normal. Is that desirable.
True talk, my brother. Poverty must die by fire angry
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
SHEPHERDS R SUPPOSE TO PROTECT THE SHEEP
NOT EAT THE SHEEP
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
ideaz:

I do not think it is fair for people to always quote a verse of the Bible out of context to support thier personal ideas and positions which in many cases are sincerely wrong. Above you singled out Mathew 19:21 without referencing the entire story. If you are sincere about knowing the truth, read further down inteligently and you will see the complete equation that will help you understand Jesus idea.

You will be shocked to find out that the poor has less chances than the rich and that the disciples were rich according to the question they asked in verse 25.

ERM... Verse 25 of Matthew Chapter 19 says; 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

Its funny how Pentecostals always try to sell us that lie that Jesus and the Disciples were rich.. grin And although this is the first time I am seeing this reference, the normal defence for this always comes from the robe of Jesus that was Gambled for, Judas had a money purse & the Disciples had fishing boats...

Sadly, this lie can only be sold to those lazy Christians who only wait for the Bible to be preched to them by their Pastor who is not even half as intelligent as they are.

Here is proof that Jesus was not ony not rich, but actually a normad;

1. His Parents were not rich. They could barely afford a room in Bethlehem for his Birth.

2. Luke 8:2-3
English Standard Version (ESV)

2 and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, 3 and Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod's household manager, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their means.

3. Mark 15:40-41
ESV

“Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome. In Galilee these women had followed him and cared for his needs. Many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem were also there”

4. The Disciples were so rich they couldnt even afford food to feed the Multitude they had gathered.. So much so they needed a Miracle. grin

5. The Disciples so Rich they walked on foot from City to City.. They couldnt even afford to buy Horses.. grin

Jesus was never rich. The Bible never showed him off to be rich. So Prosperity Prechers can keep digging until they find..

ideaz:
Jesus came and substituted man's poverty with His riches. He took our place so that we might take His place legally. Even in His poverty He had a house big enough to house more than himself and His disciples.

Jesus had a house?! Where?! When?!! Where is the C-of-O?! shocked shocked

Na wah o!!

Matthew 8:19-20
New International Version (NIV)

19 Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”

20 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
[/i]

"Matthew 19:29

KING JAMES VERSION

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."

So, which house did Jesus own?!

Does a house owner say things like this;

"Matthew 10:11
King James Version

And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." (Matthew 10:11-14 KJV[/i]

2 Cor.8:9

" being rich , yet for your sakes he became poor, so that through his poverty you might become rich".

Zech. 9:9

" Behold, your King is coming to you; he is just and having salvation, lowly and riding on a donkey, a colt, the foal of a donkey."

ideaz:
HE had more than enough money for His gospel activities such that even with all the stealing of His treasurer (Judas Ischariot) they never lacked anything neither did He confront him. Those wealth came from men and women who believe His course according to The Bible. These pastors you persecute today have not done anything different.

This Judas yarns is getting stale.. grin

ideaz: The Bible shows us that they might even had enough money to buy food for those 5000 men, women and children not counted but where far away from where they could buy anything hence the need to multiply what was available. Be informed that HE never gave anything just enough but in supplus anytime anywhere.

Lets Analyze that Story indebtly...

Mark 6; 37

But he answered, “You give them something to eat.”
They said to him, “That would take more than half a year’s wages! Are we to go and spend that much on bread and give it to them to eat?”

38 “How many loaves do you have?” he asked. “Go and see.”

When they found out, they said, “Five—and two fish.”

More than Half a Years wages for 13 Grown Rich men.. was Two hundred pennyworth of bread.. grin Lol... Okay.. Lets go further.

John 6:7

Philip answered him, "It would take more than half a year's wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!"

ideaz:
Do you think if Jesus wore ordinary cloths that the soldiers will need to fight over who takes it after His death? The Bible shows how they had to eventually place bet on who takes His cloth. Why did He have to wear such expensive cloths when there were many poor begger in the street of Jerusalem. Go find out His response when confronted with such arguments of allowing expensive perfume poured on Him instead of being sold and the money given to the poor?

Kai!! You should be Ashamed...

Here is why they cast lots for the robe.. It was not even Jesus' robe..

Luke 23:8-11

"And when Herod saw Jesus, he rejoiced greatly; for he had long been desiring to see Him because he had heard many things about Him, and he was hoping to see a miracle done by Him. And he questioned Him with many words; but He answered him nothing. All the while, the chief priests and the scribes stood vehemently accusing Him. Then Herod and his soldiers treated Him with contempt; and after mocking Him, he put a splendid robe on Him and sent Him back to Pilate."

THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH!!

Allahu AKBAR
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by nora544: 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
The ‘prosperity gospel’ is entrenched in the Pentecostal circles. But as Bright Mhango discusses, the focus on money and blessings has attracted a lot of criticism.

Towards the end of every year, Pentecostal churches spring to action to come up with new slogans that promise good things to people: “2013, year of plenty,” “year of harvest…”

This is reflected in the messages preached in these churches where the pastor, reverend or prophet or whatever name they chose for themselves, boom and declare that it will not be next year before God blesses the church goers in their finances, business, family relations, employment and many other spheres.

Are Pentecostal churches realistic? Do they tell their followers what they want to hear and not what is the reality? Are the leaders writing verbal cheques that the theology cannot cash?

They are there on free-to-air satellite television channels, they are there on Facebook…and they are immensely popular with the womenfolk who cry even by just holding the television as the man of God preaches his hope-giving message.

But when the year ends, how many are richer?

A poll by Pew Foundations, which surveyed nearly 35 000 Americans, found that Pentecostal goers had the lowest incomes and the least education among the rest of the Christian denominations.

The education part is what Roger Olson picked on in his article, Pentecostalism’s Dark Side, in which he alleged that many Pentecostals hate intellectuals and ignore real theology for sensational messages.

Pen Itent, a private school teacher, also wrote against the Pentecostal pastors who, she said, are betraying their members.

“When I attend a service at this church, I hear the pastors declare that God will make everybody rich if only they will throw what little they do have into the offering plate. Loud confident voices echo off the palatial walls of the sanctuary, while weary, struggling believers bristle with the hope of God’s “promises.”

“My impoverished friends dance down the plush expensive carpet to the altar and pull out their dollar bills (not their food stamps and government checks, though they have those also) and cheerfully give. The pastor nods approvingly, his hands folded in prayer (a shiny Rolex on his wrist), his eyes misty,” writes Itent in her article, Pentecostal Corruption: Prosperity Gospel is a Scam.

In November last year, president Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe added his critical voice to those criticising Pentecostals, saying there are more fake pastors now than those referred to in the Bible. He also wondered how a man and wife can all have powers of prophecies as is the case with some prominent Pentecostal leaders.

He also blasted Pentecostal churches in Zimbabwe, saying they were extorting gifts from their followers by making it mandatory for them to “give” to their leaders.

David Oyedepo of Nigeria came under attack after it emerged that followers at one of his branches in England donated over 16 million British Pounds to him after he had promised them that God would restore their riches

Mail Online reported in October, 2012 that Oyedepo ferries worshippers in buses to church where they are invited to make debit card payments and taught that obeying the churches dogma would make them immune from illness.

“As Pentecostals tend to be the least well-educated group of believers, they make a prime target for would-be millionaire pastors. In many ways, I am as green with jealousy as these prosperity preachers are with greed, in that the scammed believers have more faith in their little finger than I will probably ever know in my lifetime.

“They would give the shirt off their backs if they believed God wanted them to, and many of them have. These people have the purest of Christian hearts, trusting the intentions of their Shepherd as they’re led as lambs to the slaughter,” writes Itent.

The prosperity gospel theology is bankrupt, says Itent. He rues the fact that con artists who rip off people are cornered and made to return the money while pastors never return the money the rob from their followers.

Why still most of the penecostal followers in America poor, and the same happen in Nigeria why only most of this penecostal pastors rich.

Christianity is a business and not a lifestile in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by nora544: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
http://au.christiantoday.com/article/prosperity-gospel-damaging-to-christians-south-african-pastor/15711.htm

Prosperity gospel damaging to Christians: South African pastor
Thuso Kewana, an ordained pastor and ministry leader living in impoverished South Africa, says he can be silent no longer about the damaging effects of the prosperity gospel, an American export he believes is unbiblical and used by wolves in sheep's clothing to prey on mostly charismatic and Pentecostal Christians not only in his country, but around the world.

Prominent U.S. evangelical Christian minister John Piper has even preached about what he believes is a perversion of what Christians call the "good news" of salvation in Jesus Christ.

"This distorted gospel, is one of the largest and most tragic exports that America takes to the two-thirds world, especially Africa," said Piper in a dated sermon recently highlighted by his Desiring God ministry.

After quoting Kenneth Copeland, whom Piper called a "founder" of the prosperity gospel, the former Bethlehem Baptist Church pastor added, "What is so sadly obvious and prominent is that material prosperity is what is meant. Not spiritual prosperity learned through hardship."

Kewana told CP he started noticing "pastors moving away from preaching salvation" and turning to messages "about money, about tithing (and) giving to God" while he himself served as a co-pastor of a church founded by a friend. It wasn't until one night, while preparing to read his Bible and feeling troubled in his spirit, that the married father asked God if the prosperity gospel was the "true gospel."

As he tells it, God challenged him to search the Scriptures and find out.

"I guess that little voice, I guess (it was) the Holy Spirit that said 'well, what do you think?' And then I realized, but no, Biblically, God doesn't talk about pastors accumulating earthly wealth," Kewana told CP, adding that he does believe God promises to those who love Him, heavenly wealth.

Adding in crisply-accented English, Kewana clarified: "The heavenly prosperity has nothing to do with (material) things."

The question then became for Kewana – what should I do?

"Then the small voice said, 'But do something.'"

Kewana, whose Heart to Heart Ministries actively challenges, encourages and helps Christians to engage the Bible and check claims made by pastors, eventually sat down one night, pen and paper in hand, and started writing.

"It just went on and on and on and on. And as I was writing, the Holy Spirit started to reveal things that are happening, especially about my country, but this thing also happens when you go to watch television and you find that even overseas people (are) preaching about prosperity, prosperity in terms of earthly wealth," he said.

Kewana believes wholeheartedly that if his countrymen simply read the Bible for themselves, or access resources like his ministry provides, and challenge and question preachers, "they will understand that accumulating earthly wealth is not what God desires from us. What He wants from us is our true hearts. He wants us to be faithful to Him without expecting any material (rewards) from Him."

"Seek me, He says, and then the rest (will) follow, so that we shouldn't focus on these material things but we should focus on God Himself," he added.

While Kewana believes he has taken a major risk by penning his book (a friend told him he would be "taking the bread away" from some pastors), he insisted that he had no choice. And he said the most basic and yet biggest step Christians can take is to start questioning, like he has, whether a message whose cornerstone is materialism is actually good news.

"I wish pastors could ... realize that they are heading the flock of God, that human beings are subject to God only, nobody else. And that human beings must worship God and honor God more than anybody else," said Kewana. "Pastors, don't subject human beings into a situation whereby they see themselves as gods, as little gods. They must see themselves as servants and serving the people, rather than people serving them."

He added, "South Africa, it is a poor country, we've got a lot of child-headed homes, we've got a lot of orphanages… and yet we've got pastors who are driving beautiful and expensive cars. And if you can take that money and channel that money to the needy, to the poor, I should think God would bless us more than anything else."

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by mightyleks(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
I WONDER WHAT THE COMMENT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE HAD IT BEEN TOP TEN POOREST PASTORS IN THE WORLD

MY PEOPLE ARE PERISHED FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

Many ppl will end up like LAZARUS who reside under the bosom of ABRAHAM more like a BQ when others live in MANSION
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
mazaje:

True, the wealth of most of the Nigerian pastors on the list is grossly underestimated. . . How can they say that Oyedepo is worth only 150 million usd?. . . Pastor Chris Oyaks 50 million usd?. . .

Taking into consideration the cost and maintenance of 4 private jets and 2 private universities, 150m USD is moi moi...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by rezzy: 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Joshuaforever: Most people don't know the scriptures. The bible says that He(Jesus) was made poor so that through his poverty, we might be made rich. When worldly people(sinners) get rich, no one complains but when men of God get rich people are upset. The bible says it is God that gives power to get wealth.

I love this
1 000 000 000 likes
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
potentpraise: The list is not complete: Where is Joel Osteen

"Joel Osteen was born in Texas and has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars. A pastor, author, and televangelist, Joel Osteen is the pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. He took over his father's role as a pastor and televangelist, despite having very little formal religious training, in 1999. Since then, the Lakewood Church broadcast has grown exponentially and can be seen in 100 different countries."

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/joel-osteen-net-worth/

I'm sure there are many more in united states.. And even Nigeria.

Big denominations like Mountain on fire, Lord's Chosen still exist unless their presiding bishops arent materialistic like those on the list...

Even Goodluck go fear say private citizen get 4 private jets...

Presidential fleet, e reach 4 ni ?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by nora544: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Read this than you will understand why nigerian Pastors are rich

https://www.nairaland.com/1584031/how-pastors-get-rich

Nigerian pastor are the best in the churchbusiness.

It is all about money bigger churches more jets, more cars but you will never hear something about we have to help poor children in the country.

Pastor adeboye told hid followers they sould fast that nigeria would become a better country, why he could not tell his followers please work against corruption, don't take bribe for 100 days.

He cannot say this because he would lose money and that shows that christianity is all about money and getting rich whitout working in nigeria.

God is no money printig machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Shine1177: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
Symphony007: We have list of richest actors,musicians,royals,buisnessmen,etc....but there is something deeply troubling about pastors having a rich list. What will Christ who had to bless five loaves of bread and two fishes to feed thousands say?

That should tell you how rich Christ was when he was on planet earth. The Richest. Mind you the book of Revelation record that the street of heaven/paradise is made of pure gold, gold that is as clear as crystal. Servants of God having rich list is no sin.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by babaisale01(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Lol. You all are just so backwardly-thinking. So because they're pastors, they should live and die poor? Please. Who would you listen to? A pastor with only one shoe preaching to you about salvation? Or a rich pastor who you look up to? Its all a state of mind. Money is a tool of evangelism 'Owo ni keke ihinrere'. Be here judging and acting like you're perfect. He-diots.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by fowowe411: 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
Let me enlighten those bahsing these pastors,is it your father's money or is anybody compelled to pay tithes?As far as I don't support materialism but is it a sin for the pastors to be rich?smh for some so called xtians.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by mount1ng(m): 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
If I may ask which do you prefer, Abraham righteousness or Lazarus righteousness. Mind you they both made heaven.
Many of you critics wish to be in their position. Abeg.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by RoyaleR(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
Kai pastors now known as rich men bt op adon blif it at all
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
Virgin Finder:

You are the slave!

Repent or you'll rot in Hell. Or maybe your place in Hell is already assured and you want to take as many people as you can with you.

You'll fail! In Jesus' Name.Amen.

Nairalanders, beware of this devilish agent!

How Am I the slave?

I am a FREE BORN Tribesman.

You are the slave to your white masters who are still squeezing your pockets dry.

Dont blackmail me! You repent or else face the wrath of the Gods!

Karma is real b!tch! I dont have any vip seat in hell!

HELL IS FAKE!

REINCARNATION is real!

Repent Now! Stop misguiding the flock!

You'll fail! In Sarkin Iskoki name! You will fail!

Nairalanders! Beware of this evil man!

he is trying to drag you into shyt. EMANCIPATE YOURSELVES!

ITS NEVER TOO LATE!

The Gods For Nigeria! cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
rapture_ready:

Like say no be the high priest dey chop all the beta beta parts. grin wink

Christianity no molest nobody 4 church, na some miscreants wey de church de claim christian do am. They were promptly fired.

[size=28pt]ATR - MOLESTING PEOPLE USING MASQURADES[/size]

Priests Dont do human sacrifice you retard! Those are done by pvt. ritualists.

some miscreants Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases

ALl pedophi.les , thieves and sick evil people run christianity.

[size=28pt]CHRISTIANITY - KILLING PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF RELIGION SINCE 800 AD[/size]

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Venchy: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Na today?
No be today oo, edon tay wey so MEN OF GOD dey Rob their people...

Sorry they are not men of God, they are business men , real 19 job....loooooooooool.

Pastors leaving the life of POP STARS.

MUGU will never finish in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
mount1ng: If I may ask which do you prefer, Abraham righteousness or Lazarus righteousness. Mind you they both made heaven.
Many of you critics wish to be in their position. Abeg.

Are you a follower of Abraham or are you a follower of Christ?

The more you supposed Christians dig for the justification to amass earthly treasures, the harder you fail.. Jesus never once encouraged wealth gathering on earth. Not once.. Every rich person he met with, he always adviced them to do away with their monies.. E.g; The unknown rich man & the Tax collector.

Allahu Akbar..
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
Kelly 32:

I think we should let God deal with this issue, for only He alone knows the depths of a mans heart(intentions,motives and the real reason behind these wealth acquisition), he knows where there heart is(Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also).I think we should rather face our work like in a race or in an examination we should [phil 2:12 (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ)].
May God grant us wisdom grace and mercy.

When was the last time God dealth with any issue?

You think say this na the days of Jonah wey fish dey swallow person, vomit am after three days?! grin

Africa lazy dependence on God to right wrongs is what has kept us where we are today. Look at that guy trying to prove that Jesus and his disciples were rich.. All he ended up doing was showing that he has only read the Bible, not studied it..

My people die for lack of wisdom.. Its what the bible says and now I am slowly beginning to understand why...
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Gbemini(m): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
let me ask all dis pastor dis quetion,who is rich in d bible?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by ideaz: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mr Aboki:

ERM... Verse 25 of Matthew Chapter 19 says; 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

Its funny how Pentecostals always try to sell us that lie that Jesus and the Disciples were rich.. grin And although this is the first time I am seeing this reference, the normal defence for this always comes from the robe of Jesus that was Gambled for, Judas had a money purse & the Disciples had fishing boats...

Sadly, this lie can only be sold to those lazy Christians who only wait for the Bible to be preched to them by their Pastor who is not even half as intelligent as they are.

1. His Parents were not rich. They could barely afford a room in Bethlehem for his Birth.

2 and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, 3 and Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod's household manager, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their means.

ESV

“Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome. In Galilee these women had followed him and cared for his needs. Many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem were also there”

4. The Disciples were so rich they couldnt even afford food to feed the Multitude they had gathered.. So much so they needed a Miracle. grin

5. The Disciples so Rich they walked on foot from City to City.. They couldnt even afford to buy Horses.. grin

Jesus was never rich. The Bible never showed him off to be rich. So Prosperity Prechers can keep digging until they find..

Na wah o!!

19 Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”

20 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
[/i]

KING JAMES VERSION

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."

King James Version

And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." (Matthew 10:11-14 KJV[/i]

" being rich , yet for your sakes he became poor, so that through his poverty you might become rich".

" Behold, your King is coming to you; he is just and having salvation, lowly and riding on a donkey, a colt, the foal of a donkey."

Mark 6; 37

They said to him, “That would take more than half a year’s wages! Are we to go and spend that much on bread and give it to them to eat?”

More than Half a Years wages for 13 Grown Rich men.. was Two hundred pennyworth of bread.. grin Lol... Okay.. Lets go further.

Philip answered him, "It would take more than half a year's wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!"

"And when Herod saw Jesus, he rejoiced greatly; for he had long been desiring to see Him because he had heard many things about Him, and he was hoping to see a miracle done by Him. And he questioned Him with many words; but He answered him nothing. All the while, the chief priests and the scribes stood vehemently accusing Him. Then Herod and his soldiers treated Him with contempt; and after mocking Him, he put a splendid robe on Him and sent Him back to Pilate."

Allahu AKBAR

Lot was cast on Jesus cloth - Matthew 27:35
And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Jesus Had a house - John 1:35-39
35Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples. 36And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, #
John 1:29
“Behold the Lamb of God!”
37The two disciples heard him speak, and they #
Matt. 4:20
followed Jesus. 38Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?”
They said to Him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), “where are You staying?”
39He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).
Mr Aboki:

[b]ERM... Verse 25 of Matthew Chapter 19 says; 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

ESV

Na wah o!!

[/i]

KING JAMES VERSION

King James Version

Mark 6; 37

Allahu AKBAR

And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

35Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples. 36And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, #
John 1:29
“Behold the Lamb of God!”
37The two disciples heard him speak, and they #
Matt. 4:20
followed Jesus. 38Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?”
They said to Him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), “where are You staying?”
39He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).
[/b]
Mr Aboki:

ESV

Na wah o!!

[/i]

KING JAMES VERSION

King James Version

Mark 6; 37

Allahu AKBAR

35 Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.
36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!”
37 The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
38 Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?”
39 He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).

See if these could help you my friend...
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrPaul2: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Gosh. They have turn the house of God into family business. Did the bible records that the house of God be herited by the prophet son?
Do church belong to an individual or God?
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mr. Paul:
Gosh. They have turn the house of God into family business. Did the bible records that the house of God be herited by the prophet son?
Do church belong to an individual or God?

Your soul belongs to Olodumare.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by MrAboki: 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
ideaz:

35 Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.
36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!”
37 The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
38 Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?”
39 He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).

See if these could help you my friend...

First of all

Did you read my post to see the reason why they cast lot on this robe was because it was the Robe place on him by King Herod when they were making fun of him for saying he was a King with a Kingdom?!

Here is that Passage for you to verify..

"And when Herod saw Jesus, he rejoiced greatly; for he had long been desiring to see Him because he had heard many things about Him, and he was hoping to see a miracle done by Him. And he questioned Him with many words; but He answered him nothing. All the while, the chief priests and the scribes stood vehemently accusing Him. Then Herod and his soldiers treated Him with contempt; and after mocking Him, [size=18pt]he put a splendid robe on Him and sent Him back to Pilate." [/size]

And how does that passage you quoted mean that Jesus had a house when Jesus himself said in;

20 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, [size=16pt]but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”[/size]

Keep trying Bro... I will be waiting to see how you Christians allow your Pastors trun the scriptures Upside down for selfish gains...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.