Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World (289900 Views)

Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by adewataiwo: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
ACTIVATE YOUR MTN MAGIC SIM HERE &
BROWSE UNLIMITEDLY FOR MORE THAN
20YEARS @ www.examloading.tk 2014 Glo magic Sim Activation. www.examloading.tk. How to be running up to 5 different BBM with
different pins on one android device. @ www.examloading.tk ROTATE YOUR ANDROID SCREEN THE WAY YOU
WANT IT WITH 'SMART ROTATOR'@ www.examloading.tk HOW TO GET AIRTEL 20MB FOR N200 @ www.examloading.tk MOBLORD 2014 REAL WAEC HELP DESK AND CLEAR YOUR RESULT @ ONCE DNT DOUT IT www.examloading.tk Download and install the latest 2014 Avast
Antivirus to stay protected. www.examloading.tk How to Skip File Download Waiting Time on
4shared, Rapidshare Etc@ www. examloading.tk HOW TO USE ANOTHER SIM CARD IN YOUR
MODEM WITHOUT UNLOCKING IT@ www.examloading.tk NEW MTN HAUWEI USB MODEM E303
UNLOCKING TRICK @ www.examloading.tk RECEIVE 100MB MONTHLY FROM ETISALAT
(TECNO USERS ONLY)@ www.examloading.tk How To Zip and Unzip files on Your Blackberry
Devices.@ www.examloading.tk LEARN HOW TO CONVERT UR JAVA PHONE TO
SYMBIAN OR BLACKBERRY PHONE@ www.examloading.tk How to boost your 2G, 3G, 4G, WiFi Internet
Speed On Android Devices.@ www.examloading.tk MISTAKES ALL JAMBITES SHOULD AVOID
DURING REGISTRATION@ www.examloading.tk www.examloading.tk
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by akoako: 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Well, we cannot exhaust the discussion on this topic. First, it is impossibe for the wealthy to enter the kingdom of God. Second , before mentioning nigeria's politicians, the first group of people destroying nigeria are the pastors and other religious leaders. They always ask people to bring all their problems to Jesus, even when they know that most of people's issues in this country are physical and not spiritual. Because nigerians always regard hardwork as suffering, we tend to look for short cuts to issues of life. These so called religious leaders are smart enough to see the gullibility, laziness and ignorance of the people and they continually exploit it to their advantage. Even the primary role of churches to teach morals have been abandoned. All they preach now is prosperity. Most nigerians have forgotten that there is no substitute for hardwork. If Jesus should solve all the problems of men, what then will be the role of our elected governments. Lets ask ourselves, what are these problems on which platform the pastors defraud people? Lack of job/ good paying job, poverty, sickness, no wife/husband, barreness etc. Most readers will agree with me that these issues are not peculiar to nigeria. They exist in all countries in varying degrees. The only solution to all these is effective allocation or reallocation of our resources and only a good government can achieve that. Let nigerians wake up before it is too late.
I will come back.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Daniel058(m): 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
That's why i hails catholic priest always,even fr Edeh,Mbaka doesn't have a car worth #10m

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Akiika: 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dear Nigerian Christians, i implore you to do better in paying your tithes so that a Nigerian pastor can become the richest pastor while huge percentage of the congregation continue to wallow in abject poverty.
BTW, some of T.D Jake's worth are from movie production, so SLAPtor Oyedepo may be the richest Pastor of the world.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by loswhite(m): 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
kenfunmi: Why the misconception about wealth?It's because many lack the understanding that God delight in the prosperity of His servants according to His Word in Ps 35 vs 27.He also said in Deut 8:18 that He gives power 2 get wealth.If u're not wealthy as a child of God,then sth is wrong....pls stop criticising men of God cos u don't know the covenant they made with God...get understanding of the Word and be set free
"If u're not wealthy as a child of God,then sth is wrong" smh... Too many clowns in d modern day church.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by SpencerLewis(m): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
viyon02: Are these men of god truly innocent?
Innocent how? They are biz men plying their trade and hustling just like u and me are doing. The only diff is that they feed their gullible members with lies and half truths and a promise of an imaginary hell fire/interval condemnation if they refuse to pay their tithes/sow seeds that will never germinate, let alone bear fruits. Out of fear of hellfire they part with their hard earned money and the so called man of God smiles to the bank. the missionaries that brought this Christianity to us with one hand and siphoned our resources (human & material) made visible sacrifices such as building schools that were free, hospitals, water etc. Now our so called men of God's schools are far out of the reach of their poor members who indirectly built these schools via tithes, offerings, seeds etc.
I was in church on Sunday and one of our pastors announced about very urgent needs of the church and to my astonishment there were flat screen TV sets, electric fans, upholstery seats tor their new pastors' house. According to him the ones they were using b/4 do not befit their new building. This is just vanity. Members were coarse to build the new house 4 them. I tire for religion and the gullibility of their members.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by nora544: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
akoako: Well, we cannot exhaust the discussion on this topic. First, it is impossibe for the wealthy to enter the kingdom of God. Second , before mentioning nigeria's politicians, the first group of people destroying nigeria are the pastors and other religious leaders. They always ask people to bring all their problems to Jesus, even when they know that most of people's issues in this country are physical and not spiritual. Because nigerians always regard hardwork as suffering, we tend to look for short cuts to issues of life. These so called religious leaders are smart enough to see the gullibility, laziness and ignorance of the people and they continually exploit it to their advantage. Even the primary role of churches to teach morals have been abandoned. All they preach now is prosperity. Most nigerians have forgotten that there is no substitute for hardwork. If Jesus should solve all the problems of men, what then will be the role of our elected governments. Lets ask ourselves, what are these problems on which platform the pastors defraud people? Lack of job/ good paying job, poverty, sickness, no wife/husband, barreness etc. Most readers will agree with me that these issues are not peculiar to nigeria. They exist in all countries in varying degrees. The only solution to all these is effective allocation or reallocation of our resouses and only a good government can achieve that. Let nigerians wake up before it is too late.
I will come back.

That is tru and all what you hear from this so called great man of God is praying and fasting for every problem and when you want a better job is is seed sowing.

What will come out after 100 of fasting from the RCCG Church will nigeria be a better country.
Will every nigerian have a job.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Bivinz: 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
Joel Osteen isnt on that list.....faulty compilation. .... undecided
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by coolluk(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
So u r telling me that out of 2.1 billion Christians in the world, Nigeria(a. Failed state and also one of the most corrupt countries in the world) happens to produce 5 of the richest MOGs in the world.

#justsaying
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by segnys007(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Joshuaforever: Most people don't know the scriptures. The bible says that He(Jesus) was made poor so that through his poverty, we might be made rich. When worldly people(sinners) get rich, no one complains but when men of God get rich people are upset. The bible says it is God that gives power to get wealth.
Ok, what Does 1 John 2:15 says? Do NOT love the WORLD OR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Dbryan: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quote author=omartins]Church is now business where we list out those who has the highest profit.
What has happen to the spirit of charity in these pastors?
Nigerians no dey carry last.
5 out of 10 in the whole universe are Nigerian pastors, and many poor people are out there who need this pastors help. Have you ever heard that one wealthy pastor help fire disaster, flood victim or accident victim before? Nigeria is still ranked highest in some sickness such as polio, Aids, worst of all leprosy (d most oldest disease)and so on and no one heard of help from one of this wealthy pastors. In short, I'm disturb by the way some pastors live their life's forgetting Eccl 2:18-19. Its just like chasing the wind.[/quote
oga get ur facts rite b4 spewin rubish
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by adonis89(m): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
Billy Graham who is a member of d free mason cult is also regarded as pastor. Nawa o
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by InvertedHammer: 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
/

Una like to put eyes where una no sabi.

People give all the time.

What is the difference between someone who gives unto the pastors in anticipation of blessings and someone who plays the lottery in anticipation of good life?

The difference is in the beneficiary. In lottery, the state wins. In tithing, the pastor wins.

Both instances sell hope to the people. Just as in lottery games, a few people win in churches sometimes.

Just as late night infomercials use testimonials (real or imaginary) to lure people into business, pastors use testimonials too to lure future givers
into their maga kingdom.

Trying to talk people out of giving to all these flamboyant pastors is like telling gamblers to stop buying lottery tickets.

Everyone is hoping that one day will be one day, poverty will be eradicated in his/her life by fire or by force.

All you naysayers...please don't kill the dream. For some people, that is the only thing they live for.

Keep hope alive!

\

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by coldgate(f): 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Deiok: So most of the richest men of God are Nigerians.
Now you know what all your tithes and offerings are used for!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by segnys007(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
heefeholuwah: sir I beg to differ but I need to point our ur seemingly cryptic quasi-brilliant bible quote there..the statement "its easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" is infact both literary and non literary...in theology..it has been rightly explained that 'needle's eye' is infact a place in Jerusalem and not the hole of a needle used in sewing...'Needle's eye is like a back gate at jerusalem such that when the main gate has been locked..the people of jerusalem pass through this 'needle's eye' at the back of jerusalem...meanwhile its a small entrance...furthermore in the days of old...a camel was always significantly carrying loads..I.e...when the word 'camel' is said...the 1st tin that comes to one's mind is that it is an animal used for carriages....now back to the quote...for a camel to pass through the needle's eye...it needs to offload all that it is carrying b4 he can fit in the entrance....'''....so the passage simply means for a rich man to enter into heaven he needs to offload and careless about his riches and properties but that doesn't mean to gain entrance to heaven..one needs to be poor!...BIG NO!...the bible even speaks about God being the giver of wealth.prov 10:22...ecclesiastes.6:2..psalm 112:3...our God is not a poor God so we should be rich but we shouldn't allow our wealth take the place of God as number 1 in our lives..I hope my pedantic explanation was worthwhile...God bless
Bro, least we forget Jesus the master himself says, you CANNOT SERVE GOD AND MONEY! There can Be be no ambiguity about that, sir.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Money and pastors. I don't know whether it is a sin for pastors to have money or not o, but whichever way the gospel is being propagated through them. Thank God.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by larrysmith(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dis is an insult to bishop oyedepo, who is the author of
Dis thrash, I guess u dnt no wat u are sayin, oyedepo is worth more
Than that, so I advise u to go n do ur research well n re write
Dis again. For those sayin thrash about pastor n wealth I wil. Also advise
U to ur bible again n read very well, jesus christ was rich n died so
We can b rich, so rich is one of the agenda for the saint, if u serve
And u are so poor u need to check ursef, definetely dere is sumtin
U aint doin rite, gettin rich in the kingdom is more than goin to church
N pay tithe, so do it sadly n God doesn't bless such. God does not
Need our help we need him in all ways.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by BlossomP: 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Reference:

It depends on how you look at it my friend. There is only one person in the world who has no one richer than him and only one person that has no one poorer than him moreover the bible says it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom...but these men are already in the kingdom. They are not seeking to enter. And for goodness sake 150million dollars is not particularly rich, certainly not to God who's Word you quote.
Apparently u don't know what God's Kingdom is all about, else u wouldn't say they are 'already in d kingdom'. Is the Kingdom a place were a few are enriching themselves and living flamboyant life styles while d vast majority are grappling with poverty and being fed empty promises? Certainly not from d scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Negation: 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
larrysmith: Dis is an insult to bishop oyedepo, who is the author of
Dis thrash, I guess u dnt no wat u are sayin, oyedepo is worth more
Than that, so I advise u to go n do ur research well n re write
Dis again.

Haha, brilliant! That's the insult, that he's richer than the list claims? Did you guys have thanksgiving service when he made his first 100 million? It must have been great.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Negation: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Anyway, in the name of positivity, let me take the time to hail my pastor, a man who wouldn't make it on such a list, even if the list had 500 names. He is a wonderful man of God, a PhD holder who created his wealth through working hard for it. He pays the other pastors and church related- expenses with church money and I've never seen him give extra prayer to big tithers. I'm always amazed and honoured by his humility and wisdom. God bless you, sir!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Revolva(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
grin grin grin the ones from Nigea especially the no 2 on the list ..is a guyman ..i never like him ..for one day in my life
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
segnys007: Bro, least we forget Jesus the master himself says, you CANNOT SERVE GOD AND MONEY! There can Be be no ambiguity about that, sir.
Sir...the bible itself is vague...its quite ambiguous because a verse or scripture may mean a different 1000 things to a different set of people based on the inspiration of the Holyspirit..which further enlightens us about the dexterity of our creator...like I said in my earlier post!...#BE WEALTHY! BUT NEVER LET YOUR PURSUIT OF MONEY COME BEFORE GOD IN YOUR LIFE#....infact I believe if a supposed Child of God lacks wealth,prosperity and the likes....he must have erred somewhere...cause prosperity and wealth are attached to the promises of God for His children..the Bible said seek ye the kingdom of heaven first!...and all other things shall be added unto you...including wealth....coz God giveth the power to make wealth Himself....Sir all the wealth of this world is yours but...always PUT GOD FIRST!
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Monjie(m): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
The poor shall not cease in the land. Most of them came from poor background. Poverty is a platform that many choice to stay on. Its God that gives wealth. True wealth.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Akdams(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Suretrends: Where did your metrics come from, Op

l don't even want to know the metrics the @op has used. But one thing is certain and you can check your bible if when poor Lazarus died he has to borrow the boys quarters of Father Abraham to stay in heaven then you can see how important wealth is not to talk of this present dispensation. Don't be deceived one cannot serve God trully and in the way you ought to in a state of poverty. When even that God is not poor. And remember the state of being rich or poor is a function of the mindset and not how much you worth or what is in your pocket or bank account.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by kraftyiyk: 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
SCAM ARTIST PASTORS, AM NOT SURPRISED TO SEE 5 OUT OF RICHEST 10 COMING FROM NIGERIA grin grin grin grin
THEY PREACH PROSPERITY FROM SUNDAY TO SUNDAY, GINGER D POOR TO PAY TITHES, IN RETURN FOR A MIRACLE grin grin grin grin
EVENTUALLY, THEY USE THE MONEY TO BUILD SCHOOLS THE CONGREGATION CANNOT AFFORD,..AND YOU WANT ME TO CALL THEM MEN OF GOD

WHAT DO YOU HAVE HERE, GUYMAN/HUSTLER WITH 4JETS IN THEIR PRIVATE HANGER, WHEN THE WHOLE OF ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT OWN EVEN A PRIVATE JET grin grin grin grin, YET YOU SEE BLIND GULLIBLE MEN SPEAKING AGAINST CATHOLICS..LOLZ
FOOOLSSSSSSS grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by xtervaganza(m): 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
During JESUS' time, the best ride then(car) was a good horse with carriage for the rich

The poor man's ride back then was a donkey( to be used for work and means of trnasport)

Now when JESUS needed a ride(for his triumphant entry)he did not have one. Not because he can't afford one but because he needs to show his humility. So he borrowed one and he did not even borrow the best ride then, he borrowed a donkey
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by PastorOla1: 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
PRAISE GOD.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by xtervaganza(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
Let's say one of our pastors were JESUS; he would ride on a beautiful horse while his disciple follow him on foot.

I mean JESUS would have had lots of beautiful horses to choose from.

Our pastors eh.....99% of dem are scammers
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by billyG(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
m.k.o2005:

Did the scripture says it's not possible ? It only said it is difficult but with God all things are possible ! Don't be surprise that by the time u die wretched (not ur potion though)you will meet these men there in heaven becos i pray u make it to heaven !
God help us
How do yu know 4 sure those listed men will be in heaven,are yu an Oracle?Even if God ask most of those pastors to distribute their "wealth" back to d pple they extorted it from inorder to be poor & make heaven they will blantantly refuse.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Akdams(m): 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
kennyamusan: Jesus christ was rich yet decided 2 b poor .Y ? So dat people would come into terms with him.Idiotic mumus.the church is no longer a place of trust anymore.y do u think they cannot talk 2 politicians,cos they know themselves,so shut d Bleep up.

one thing have noticed is that people don't really read their bibles any longer they spent most of there time on things of no eternal value. Those who read don't understand and or they are being wave around by different or FALSE doctrines.

Oga Jesus was never poor in the context of the way you guys always look at. The bible say he left his glory to come down to be made sin for us; Him that knew no sin. Maybe you ve never had of this.

Oya can you explain why their was a fight for Jesus cloth when on the cross.

Or explain why Mary Madgalene used perfume on Jesus. How did she knows that Jesus loves perfume. Too the extent that even Judas know that it is an expensive one that he said the vale of the perf should have been giving to the poor for you to know how expensive.

Or that Jesus had so much money that Judas deem it fit to be stealing out of it. The money was so much that non of the other disciples know except Jesus.

And you still say Jesus was poor when he walked the face of the earth. Just forget it my brother. Go and read the scriptures very well.
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by kraftyiyk: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Akdams:
one thing have noticed is that people don't really read their bibles any longer they spent most of there time on things of no eternal value. Those who read don't understand and or they are being wave around by different or FALSE doctrines.
Oga Jesus was never poor in the context of the way you guys always look at. The bible say he left his glory to come down to be made sin for us; Him that knew no sin. Maybe you ve never had of this.
Oya can you explain why their was a fight for Jesus cloth when on the cross.
Or explain why Mary Madgalene used perfume on Jesus. How did she knows that Jesus loves perfume. Too the extent that even Judas know that it is an expensive one that he said the vale of the perf should have been giving to the poor for you to know how expensive.
Or that Jesus had so much money that Judas deem it fit to be stealing out of it. The money was so much that non of the other disciples know except Jesus.
And you still say Jesus was poor when he walked the face of the earth. Just forget it my brother. Go and read the scriptures very well.
THIS SCAM ARTIST PASTORS HAS DONE A LOT OF BRAINWASHING ON YOU...HOPE YOU'VE PAID YOUR TITHE FOR THE MONTH grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World by Iniwhyt: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
'm so shockd 2 find Adeboye here, its true he has a large congregation buh he isn't one who'll amass such wealth & even b rated d world's 3rd richest. I doubt d authenticity of these list

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil / "ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.