Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona (3677 Views)

ISIS Circulates Sex Slave Price List & Executes 19 Girls For Refusing Sex (PICS) / 19 Fire Fighters Die In Arizona Wild Fire. / Arizona Immigration Law. Necessary Or Bad Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by infonubia(m): 5:04am On Jul 01, 2013
An Arizona forestry official says 19 firefighters have died battling a fast-moving wildfire.

Forestry spokesman Art Morrison says the firefighters were caught by the fire Sunday afternoon near the central Arizona town of Yarnell. He says they were forced to deploy their fire shelters.

Earlier Sunday, the wildfire prompted evacuations of 50 homes in several communities about 85 miles northwest of Phoenix. Later Sunday afternoon, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office expanded the evacuations to include more residents in the town of Yarnell.

The fire is believed to have been started by lightning.

A Facebook page in memory of the Arizona firefighters was created Sunday night where people are already leaving their condolences and support.

May the souls of these firefighters rest in peace. Our thoughts and prayers are with their families and loved ones.

Such a tragic incident...
http://gma.yahoo.com/19-firefighters-killed-arizona-wildfire-061451471--abc-news-topstories.html
http://www.infonubia.com/2013/06/wildfire-kills-19-firefighters-in.html#sthash.m4fOZpoN.dpuf
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by DICKtator: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
Lightning? Sango(?) travelled without visa? or perhaps Thor
May the souls of the departed R.I.P.
Gallant men!!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by MyCone: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
wow wow.. Too bad. May their souls rest in peace Amen.
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Eneze1(f): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
rip to them
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by kokoye(m): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
May their souls rest in peace.

They died while trying to save others.

#sacrifice
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by infonubia(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
It's really sad. Already, there is an ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding the deaths of these men.
Who do we blame for natural disasters?
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by hisxlency: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
May God give the family members the fortitude to bear such a great lose amen. This guys must be the bread winner of their respective families
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Sheyone(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by ConcernMan: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Gallant and patriotic men who sacrificed their lives for the good of others. Not Boko Haram idiots who have been and will continue to sacrifice their lives for their own selfish reason(alleged reward of 72 virgins)
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
ASHES TO ASHES
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by supaeagles(m): 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
19!!!!!! Chei - they must have been caught unaware .... RIP
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by babadem2much(m): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
dis is anoda BOKO FIRE enemy of humans n dia resources
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by gluv01(f): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
uh oh...R.I.P to them
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
The US and natural disaster.it's either Hurricane, tornado, storm, cyclone, wildfire,flooding,heat wave, excessive snow among others.

I guess karma is dealing with them for all the pains they've caused the world.

RIP to the departed men !
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Occurstaem(m): 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
R. I. P to the firefighters.
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
I was discussing about the lightening that natural destroy Arizona and lead to death of some firefighter with a friend. Just cant believe this religious bigot was thanking God and blaming whole Issue on American development and technology. So many natural disasters and heinous human actsin this world. To a believer, either God makes them happen or God lets them happen. But they are supposed to praise God rather than the heroes that put their lives in danger to save innocent lives? I don't see God putting himself on the line, and he's supposed to be all-powerful. So why does the praise go there? I'mshouting praise to the heroes at the top of my lungs!!
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Bnnamz: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
rip.
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by ichidodo: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
eeeyyah. sad sad May their firefighting souls fight free.
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by cold(m): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
I'm still wondering how 19 men of the elite 'hotshot' squad got engulfed by the conflagration. Not 1,2 or 3 but 19! Someone must have been careless,an egregious error of judgment
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by AbuMikey(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
Too bad
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Oh no! This is sad cry cry
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by GooseBaba: 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
If 19 fire fighters die for naija all at once . Our forefathers will be insulted. Then the inferior monkeys would link corruption and thinz to it. Lastly they would ask for GEJ head..without an RIP..my inferior brethren I hail ohh..!

PS: RIP to the brave risk taker..
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by texazzpete(m): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
DICKtator: Lightning? Sango(?) travelled without visa? or perhaps Thor
May the souls of the departed R.I.P.
Gallant men!!!

grin grin grin grin

I pray your death is treated with this much levity when it happens.
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by cold(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
GooseBaba: If 19 fire fighters die for naija all at once . Our forefathers will be insulted. Then the inferior monkeys would link corruption and thinz to it. Lastly they would ask for GEJ head..without an RIP..my inferior brethren I hail ohh..!

PS: RIP to the brave risk taker..
You have a point there though
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by Codedrock(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
Is there anything like that in reality? I think say na only GAME OF THRONES dem get am.. Although it makes me remember my man Lord Tyrion
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by donem: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
R.I.P to the departed fire fighters
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by texazzpete(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
cold: I'm still wondering how 19 men of the elite 'hotshot' squad got engulfed by the conflagration. Not 1,2 or 3 but 19! Someone must have been careless,an egregious error of judgment

Don't be daft. Wildfires in that part of the world can move at up to 11km/hr unaided. When you factor in reported wind speeds of 45mph pushing embers, sparks and flames...Try outrunning that in a forest when the wind (and hence fire) suddenly changes direction.
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by joe4christ(m): 10:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
texazzpete:

Don't be daft. Wildfires in that part of the world can move at up to 11km/hr unaided. When you factor in reported wind speeds of 45mph pushing embers, sparks and flames...Try outrunning that in a forest when the wind (and hence fire) suddenly changes direction.

You mean say fire porsue you at the speed of 45mph in a forest
Smh for you o, oga mi at the top, me remain loyal...
Re: Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona by cold(m): 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
texazzpete:

Stop acting smart,you weren't there. It might as well have been an error in judgement. An investigation has begun. We'll find out if it was an occupational hazard or negligence on someone's part when the report is made public

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada / Ahmed Abdi Godane: Somalia's 'dead' Al-shabab Leader / The Worlds 20 Strongest Military In The World Presently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.