Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:07 PM

Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript (2777 Views)

Cloud Computing / Which IT Schools In Nigeria Offer Cloud Computing Courses / MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by kambo(m): 7:49am On Jul 01, 2013
just a rant.
as more corporate and sensitive data moves to online ,always on,no downtime always available ever reliable storage- making the hard disk obsolete,
more and more pc's will become more of clients.
The web browser will become more and more advanced and with it - u get it - javascript
the king app in the web browser will become more powerful.
many years ago, the javascript wasnt as advanced as it is today - it was a 'scripting' language. cudnt write to disc, couldnt throw exceptions etc .
But javascript has become so hot its like the new shiny thing, so many new technologies piggy backing on this king of the browsers and creating waves.
so , wat wud happen to traditional programming languages then?
html5 has evolved to make the browser even more integrated into the software development cycle. infact html5 is evolved to blur the line btw web app and desktop app,
and javascript is evolving to outgrow the peurile classification of scripting lang it once bore - so as more apps move to cloud. I think traditional development will begin to look up to js and more languages will be more useful only for backend jobs - used in the clouds while the browser completely takes over the desktop. meaning,the era of
creating gui's will be history - html5 will be the standard - which brings up the ugly dread that it will be harder and harder for standalone programming langs to succeed in d the new diskless world. most programming languages will die or become retired for maintaining legacy apps . java will be new cobol!!
ok. things dont always happen as predicted afterall theres still vhs in this age of blueray dvds but the knell has sounded on vhs and typewriters.
The same knell is sounding on disk based programming languages- theyre on their way out.
third world countries are gearing to improve their economies to provide more stable electricity, if there mor stable electricity world wide,
the next move will be to provide , more affordable higher quality internet access-
if internet access cost bcomes so affordable cloud only apps will become the de facto standard.
And html and javascript will long established to edge direct the revolution.
This is really gonna be web 3.0!!.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by texanomaly(f): 8:02am On Jul 01, 2013
That was quite eloquent. It made me wish I knew what the heck you were saying. smiley Good morning

1 Like

Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Javanian: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2013
it seems we have a different understanding of what cloud apps are. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by javadoctor(m): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2013
Kambo is usually good@ saying rubbish,I'm practically lost
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by spikesC(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2013
Op, are you ok?
What does your post have to do with the title grin
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by ciphoenix: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Fayimora(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2013
javadoctor: Kambo is usually good@ saying rubbish,I'm practically lost
LOOOOOOOOL!!!
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Ajibel(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2013
Oh well, i first read comments before the post. Seems no one ever understands kambo's articles like me grin
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by texanomaly(f): 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
I understood the text perfectly well. It is the "Tech" jargon that I don't get.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
OP you got it all wrong.

first off, Javascript wont give you access to local hard drive.
secondly, HTML5 is one big joke at the moment, maybe we should wait for improvements.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by spikesC(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
webdezzi: OP you got it all wrong.

secondly, HTML5 is one big joke at the moment , maybe we should wait for improvements.

Just few people agree to this...you must really be a good developer per advancement.
I don't know what those guys at w3c was thinking when they created that shiiit angry
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by texanomaly(f): 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
@ Kambo...if you are trying to PM I am not getting anything. Sorry
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by texanomaly(f): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
texanomaly: @ Kambo...if you are trying to PM I am not getting anything. Sorry
hmmm...I have gotten them in the past. Not getting today. Strange dis. Do you have a solution? Do you follow anyone else that follows me?
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Javanian: 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
texanomaly:
hmmm...I have gotten them in the past. Not getting today. Strange dis. Do you have a solution?

check your spam folder
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by texanomaly(f): 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
Javanian:

check your spam folder
I did. It is not there. @ Kambo I modified my quote.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by kambo(m): 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
@all Read and meditate on it. I'm seeing computing receding to it's mainframe origins. Already tablets are d rave. Two thngs will happen. Tablets will edge out lappies as d main computng devce, and d cloud will edge out hard disks d way flash drves edged out floppies, as d main storage device. Or cloud based computg will coexist along side pc based computg but much like linux and microsoft windows coexist. But computg history augurs for dominance not symbiosis. So either cloud computg sweeps the competition or dies a niche death! Shamefully. Anyway, my guess is into d far future, think 10+ from now. So nobody get scared.
Cmon guys, i havnt said anythg too strange. Lets see where the trend is going. A computer with a hard disk shud b as absolete as a vinyl record if cloud tech really kicks off, tech companies will invest more in buildg more data warehouses all over d wrld, a couple more massive data warehouses and all d worlds information can b aggregated.
Once ppl are weaned of d fear of data security, it will b uneconomical to log hard disk machines around. Cvs was superceded by subversion which was countered bt git . Git boasts of disrtibution, torrents boasts of distribution but user data on hard disk are highly insecure - steal d machine and d data is gone. With data on d cloud, distribution and replication of all data will b a given so tht it becomes almost impossible to experience data loss! If this is so, then the brwser and of course javascript become elevated entities!

@javadoctor :
Its gud to muse all great ceo's do it. See where d trend is headg instead of wait 4 it to hit btw d eyes.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by kambo(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2013

secondly, HTML5 is one big joke at the moment, maybe we should wait for improvements.

google , which most industry watcher say is the most powerful tech company @ present (edged out microsoft years ago), isnt waitng for w3c to push thngs frwd, they're gunng for desktop dominance - they created d chrome browser, a version of javascript ,Darcs, and a powerful javascript tools,GWT, if cloud computg wins out, javascript will bcome the most important client side language, and d browser wud b d most important client side app after d operatng system. Google knows ths and is outfitting js with all d power necessary to bring it on par with other traditional languages.
Html5 has disk writng capabilities i believe. If d browser bcomes d main focus disc writng cud b enabled under certain conditions, but with cloud storage disk wrtng wud b done server side.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 02, 2013

Yes it does, but though that,s NodeJs and i think some core browser codes too.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Fayimora(m): 5:31am On Jul 02, 2013
Yo @kambo, do yourself a favour and collect your thoughts PROPERLY before posting if you want lads to take you seriously! It's almost like you just type as you think. Way too long text or even worse, poorly formatted text just aches my eye balls
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by javadoctor(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
I 2nd dat @fayimora, he talks like an infected computer.I will probably need 3D earphones wen he talks to me in real life,or we might jus hv a problem understanding.@kambo do u actually talk like dis in real life? Smh
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by kambo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
@fayi
"collect my thoughts b4 i type."
"way too long text"

you may b sufferg from attention deficit syndrom rather thn d text lenght being d problem.
As for formattg, u cooment is misplaced, this the instancy age. The internet caters to spontaneity.
And communication is composed on different devces . Take ths into consideration wen lamentg.

If i'm not clear its unfortunate,
at least with a lil effort on ur part u shud b able to get d gist of wat i'm sayg.
My writg isnt so obscure tht the meang is beclouded.
This write up is an essay not a quip its lenght is dependent on d gravity of d thought i'm divulging.

"if u want peeps to take u seriously..."

The other side of d coin is, havg a thought on a matter and not communicatg it.
Besides does peeps takg me seriously validate or invalidate
my proposition?
Or does it corroborate my stand. I aint lookg to win a popularity contest. I'm writng for thnkers who i expect to read and ignore or make intelligent feedback based on d points i've raised.

Some ppl read and understood me , so d rambling u'r
talkg of isnt universal.
You cud also b mor specific if uve got a problem with my writing style, point out the problem areas and d obtuse sections . Tht wud b mor constructve a critcism thn speakg in generalities.

@javadctr
wat i said 2 fayi applies to u also.
How dyu expect som1 to understand d comparison btw human writng and an "infected computer" u've communicated nthing.
Everybody has a style and it reflects even in how he chooses wrds to express thought so my style permeates thru my writing,
the issue is serious if and only if meang is obscured by grammatical flaws/errors which isnt d case with me. If it were d case then its in order by u d critique to point out were the logic trail got lost in unclear verbiage.

"is this u talk in real life..."

there is "speakg english" and "writng english"
both ar markdly different.
Speakg english seems to b simpler ,using wrds from a smaller language set and dependg more on non verbal communication to augment spoken speech and drive home d point,thn written english.
Smh too.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by kambo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
@fayi
i think i can understand your gripe about the formatting issue.
I'm on a machine now. My previous post were from a phone -
watever. Read the stuff and make meaningful reposte instead of gripping like a pregnant,
spitting-about wench.
phone dont cater for formatting. next thing u'll b gripping about will be
that the text isnt richly formatted - and u wont read it if it aint in ms word format!!.
The original write up was written and psted at a go - guz i gats to get the thought out.
Anyway- bring ur heads on ..

@ javadoctor
Your a pathetic case. i saw ur explanation of what a developer is ! pathetic.
Your certificate needs to be withdrawn for that twisted mess u posted.
You should be grateful i was on hand to put u right - and here u ar
blabbing about "infected computer ". YOur types are the bane of the I.T industry..
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by ciphoenix: 12:36am On Jul 03, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Ajibel(m): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2013
gbagaun embarassed
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
pc guru:

Yes it does, but though that,s NodeJs and i think some core browser codes too.

are you kidding me? that'll be a very big security issue if you are able to write to disk.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by lordZOUGA(m): 12:12am On Jul 04, 2013
@kambo, I skipped all your posts. Now, I don't know what the topic of discussion is on this thread. Damn.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 04, 2013
webdezzi:

are you kidding me? that'll be a very big security issue if you are able to write to disk.
Sorry only NodeJS can, but then again NodeJs is Server Sided JavaScript, so its allowed to just like PHP,ASP but browser javascript can't touch your files(write) but reading is possible but not reading the whole directory like that,File API in HTML5 can't write either.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Fayimora(m): 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
@kambo I feel really sorry for you! For the record, 80% of my posts on this forum were made from my phone or iPad so that's not an excuse for your lack of style.

I will love nothing more than to show you how bloated and meaningless your posts are but I have better things to do. Time to stop derailing the thread folks
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
kambo: just a rant.
as more corporate and sensitive data moves to online ,always on,no downtime always available ever reliable storage- making the hard disk obsolete,
more and more pc's will become more of clients.

Actually this is not realisitc because if you are out of network coverage area then the system is as good as useless, things like ChromeBook and Joli cloud have their uses, but no one will trade current tech for this
The web browser will become more and more advanced and with it - u get it - javascript
the king app in the web browser will become more powerful.
many years ago, the javascript wasnt as advanced as it is today - it was a 'scripting' language. cudnt write to disc, couldnt throw exceptions etc .
Javascript still can't write to File only Flash and NodeJS and NodeJS isn't entirely JavaScript,its C++ in some way but you can check that up, and yes my fav Javascript doesn't use exceptions but Error which is specifically identical to how Exception works and you can even inherit from Error, so your statement is ambigious
But javascript has become so hot its like the new shiny thing, so many new technologies piggy backing on this king of the browsers and creating waves.
so , wat wud happen to traditional programming languages then?
Everytime your browser speed increases and your JavaScript improves, thank the "other" languages that created these: Rhino,GreaseMonkey,Google V8,SpiderMonkey,ASM.js
html5 has evolved to make the browser even more integrated into the software development cycle.
Not Sure what this means, but the SDLC i'm familiar with is totally the practice of creating software with good pratices and using Software Models not sure how HTML5 suddenly fits into this
infact html5 is evolved to blur the line btw web app and desktop app,
and javascript is evolving to outgrow the peurile classification of scripting lang it once bore - so as more apps move to cloud. I think traditional development will begin to look up to js and more languages will be more useful only for backend jobs - used in the clouds while the browser completely takes over the desktop. meaning,the era of
creating gui's will be history

This is a great misconception that happens or when pple get carried away by the tech Media, yes the browser will have so many cloud soutions however the GUI won't be easily replaced,the diff between Web apps and desktop apps is quite significant, Web app will only try to imitate and not replace,even before the advent of Workers in javaScript complex application suffered from Single Threaded in JS thus blocking the UI till the operation were finished, Nothing beats a Desktop GUI and that's a fact
- html5 will be the standard - which brings up the ugly dread that it will be harder and harder for standalone programming langs to succeed in d the new diskless world.
Seriously not sure what this means, you do know that HTML5 is not even a language its a confused state of specification for browsers HTML5 is usually considered=WebGL,Css3,File API,Workers,XMLHttpRequest2 the list is long along with Google Monopolized API (Html5 is a pure mess) welcome back to IE vs the rest of the browsers having different syntax all over
most programming languages will die or become retired for maintaining legacy apps . java will be new cobol!!
Another Fallacy: C++ created Google V8 a JavaScript Engine,Java created Rhino another JavaScript Engine, don't get carried away with techie news
ok. things dont always happen as predicted afterall theres still vhs in this age of blueray dvds but the knell has sounded on vhs and typewriters.
The same knell is sounding on disk based programming languages- theyre on their way out.
third world countries are gearing to improve their economies to provide more stable electricity, if there mor stable electricity world wide,
the next move will be to provide , more affordable higher quality internet access-
if internet access cost bcomes so affordable cloud only apps will become the de facto standard.
And html and javascript will long established to edge direct the revolution.
Not Reall to be quite frank i think C++ is the one driving the revolution because looking at things its almost responsible for lot of advanced technology, well some of, With the V8, you can now create JS to native apps using Titanium,Blackberry Mobile Emulator, even in the famous C++ Framework Qt, JavaScript regardless is still a pain in the ass today don't believe try writing advanced Javascript and HTML5 implementations, you will end up having to use frameworks to cover all browsers
This is really gonna be web 3.0!!.

To be frank its better to research before posting things because to me this is just pure ........................... also Web 3.0 is a fad and all buzz words its gonna be the same API mess, might as well get used to viewing the browser compatibility table.
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by ciphoenix: 12:30am On Jul 05, 2013
Did y'all miss the first line? grin

He said it was "JUST A RANT" smiley

a rant it is
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2013
But a rant shouldn't be this much full of fallacies
Re: Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript by worldbest(m): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2013
Dude do some research before mashing up random information. But I get your point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Problem with tracking word frequency[Java] / Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application / {help} How Can I Download This Torrent File Using Idm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.