Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Did You First Experience In The US? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Did You First Experience In The US? (19122 Views)

A Discriminating Experience In Poland / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by sade511(f): 3:48am On Jun 08, 2006
zah. . .lmao cheesy kiss
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Hotstepper(f): 3:50am On Jun 08, 2006
tow hours just 2 get out of walmart, lol, howmuch did it den take u 2 find ur way home?lol
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omogenaija(f): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2006
my first expericence in the US was very unique. I came out of my mother's womb and didnt know where i was. I just saw a white guy and a black guy staring @ me. And then some lady picked me up and began to rise me. undecided undecided

isn't that scary ?

2 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Genial(m): 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2006
omogenaija:

my first expericence in the US was very unique. I came out of my mother's womb and didnt know where i was. I just saw a white guy and a black guy staring @ me. And then some lady picked me up and began to rise me. undecided undecided

isn't that scary ?

How did you come out of your mother's womb? Did you crawl, walk, run or drive?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by ibux(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2006
My exp. was in UK in 1995. I was stopping over in UK for 3 days to pick visa to Mexico and called upon my cousin who is a citizen. She took me to a restaurant and asked me what I wanted. I said "nothing". She said that was not allowed here. that i cannot just sit down staring/chatting with someone w/o eating. I was shocked.

Few days after another one happened. I was window shopping along the road and was quite fascinated that I entered the shop. After few minutes, the attendant accosted me, asked where I came from. I said "Naija". He said "yes, Naijas are good customers. what do I want?" I said nothing, I was just checking the items. He said, I can only go that far at the window. that once I entered it means I wanted somthing. I begged my way out of the shop, that day.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by BitterBitch(f): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2006
Some of these stories are just too funny.  I guess pretty much the same as my going to Germany and not knowing what do to, waiting on the train.  My train had passed me twice, and someone that noticed I was american asked where I was trying to go.  And when I said where, he said it in German, and everyone started laughing, and then he said, your train has passed you two times already.  Then he said stupid americans,  sad

Sad part is I had taken a class on welcome to germany.  Come to find out, it was a common American mistake, because we all were looking for the words in English, not German, duh!!!!

Anyway guys, welcome to the good ole US of A!

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by disney(f): 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2006
really funny stories in here. couldn't stop laughing at some of them.

Mine was kind of wierd because u know in America, where they give free stuffs to people like free pens, free caps and all that stuffs, l found myself packing a handful of those stuff because am like free free , I was like daddy for aunty this cap, daddy the pens for cousin this and the toys for my little cousin excitedly, and my daddy corrected me that u don't' do things like that that things are abundant here.

Also, one day l went to KFC/Macdonalds and l was daddy " see the way the coke, is coming out" and my daddy was like it's free . bush girl, l was rushing my food and finishing my drink like say l want die and was going to take free refil in different form. Mixture of coke, pepsi, fanta and sprite,moutain dew all together making concoction of drinks. grin grin grin grin grin grin lol
My sweet father again corrected me . love u daddy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2006
@ disney chick

that was a funny story. concotion of drinks.

where u at in d USA?

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by BitterBitch(f): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2006
Disney, please stop referring to us as Yankees, I find that to be offensive and rude, especially if you are here in the US. That is a term reserved for whites, not everyone, and even for them it's rude.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by disney(f): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2006
Girl , l have changed it.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2006
@disney

when was d last time u heard u are beautiful. cuzz you r really cute, damn mami.

u can take your hi5 id away from your previous post, i dont want nobody seeing it, lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by disney(f): 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2006
I hear that all the time but it doesn't get to my head

but u already went there before l took it off, u not serious o. anyways, most nairalanders are on Hi5 . Are u on Hi5?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by BitterBitch(f): 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2006
omg @disney, I was trying to spare you what apparently your dad didn't on what using that phrase can do.  But do as you please.

You live and learn.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2006
@disney

i have added u as a friend. accept and do what u wanna do next. i like your songs. dey are good.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by disney(f): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2006
yeah, l accepted ya as a friend, catch ya later, u not badlooking either. stay cute.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2006
thanks, i will. later
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by sage(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2006
my first experience. Hmnnnnnnnnn

I went into a fastfood resturant in Atlanta and asked them for what they had. They listed some but i asked them " can i get rice?"'  The people behind me in line and the waitress could not believe their ears, and i was amazed at their puzzling look.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by folkzy(f): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2006
i
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2006
@ sage
that is funny, u tot it was mama iyaba fastfood joint.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by folkzy(f): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2006
not me, my friend
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omogenaija(f): 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2006
Genial:

How did you come out of your mother's womb? Did you crawl, walk, run or drive?

i jumped out wink wink wink wink
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by vickybabe(f): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2006
my first experience in the us was in my first hour class which was Art 3-4, apart from the class being boring the rest of the students were just wondering. so class, start everybody went up to get the project that they almost complete (not knowing). the teacher talks so quiet and he was slow so it was hard to understand what he said, being that i was just 3days in the US

i too went picked up 2 paper and went back to my sit, so 2 guys went up and they were looking for theirs, they asked the class, but no one replied, so they started looking at everyone's paper, since i was sitting at the back they checked mine last.

lastly they found it with me sha, the teacher and the students just burst out laughing, omg i was so embarassed.

i got home and i told my mum to let us go back home, where everyone understands eachother
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by disney(f): 12:48am On Jun 09, 2006
@ vicky,that is so embarassing, u tried o , l would feel like dissappearing into the ground.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by loma(m): 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2006
This weekend I am driving from Houston, Texas, to Albany, New York with a friend. I have my digital camera and my laptop, I hope to take some of you along via sharing experiences along the way and with the pictures I take.
I left Houston on Thursday and hope to reach New York by Saturday. I also plan to stop at places of interest along the way,comment on the roads, the cities, the stores and other things of interest along the way Stay tuned.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by robby1(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2006
lol. i've had a lot of funny and embarassing experience. here a re the ones i can remember @ the moment.

first was when on the plane when i was coming back from the U.S last december. after we had landed at lagos, i opened the upper compartment to get my hand luggage and immidiately i opened it, someones hand luggage (a smallish metallic suitcase) fell out and landed on the old womand head in front of me.
The woman (probably in her late 50's) shouted a very loud JEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!! and evryone looked in my direction. the woman started raining abuses on me and cursing me in yoruba. and she wouldnt take my plea's of sorry or even listen to he daughter who was pleading on my behalf. in fact it got her more worked up. in the heat of all this, the fool that had the box came and snached it from my hand and walked away.

Another one was when i was in london . iwent in summer and my uncle i was staying with had a very thigth schedule so i had to learn how to move around. i found my way to the london eye that day and when i was coming back, i didnt know how i managed to fall asleep. the train had to terminate at a station and transfer its passengers so when everyone had left, i was the only one left on the train, STILL SLEEPING. it took the intervention of some officials who came and woke me up. i was so embarassed.

another one was on the train again. this time i was with my younger sister. We had just boarded the train then the train jerked forword. I wasnt yet prepared for the jerk and it happened so suddenly that i landed on by bum-bum. To make matters wordt, my younger sister started laughing at me. I felt like slapping her that day.
I will keep you guys posted when i remember more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2006
your own don win award. very funny. damn. u cracked me up.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by gentleaura(m): 5:35am On Jun 10, 2006
This was 2 friends,

The first, , He was on the bus, knew his stop but didnt know how to ring the bell so the driver could stop. So technically driver passed his stop, and homeboi na omo ibadan. he just yelled "DRIVER DRIVER DRIVER STOP!!!!!!" the whole bus was like whats happening?

The second one , we went to help him out and withdraw his house rent ($800) from the bank machine. Dude was like, wow! now i am in Canada, I shld just pose by this machine and take picture so they can see me holding dollars. And he strike a pose, ppl behind us were just staring like what the hell? Is he about to rob?

6 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by robby1(m): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2006
Another one was in a bus. ealier that day i had gone out with my uncle and we boarded a bus so i decided to move about much later in the day.
when i went out, i saw a bus with thesame number as the one we boarded earlier but this time it was a double-decker bus. I was still fascinated by the double-decker thing then and i assumed they were all thesame so i boarded that bus and besides i just wanted to stay on the bus till it brings me back to where i boarded it.
to cut a long story short, i was busy sigth seeing. by the time i knew it we were at the last bus stop and we were only two left on the bus. i and a woman. when i asked her where i was , she said HACKNEY. and i was cumming from east ham

2 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by OldGlory1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2006
Robby

Double Decker Bus in Baltimore? Or the UK? I am a bit confused.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Hotstepper(f): 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2006
i guess it should be in da UK tongue
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by lilnaomi(f): 3:01am On Jun 11, 2006
lmao robby, hackney from west ham?? hahaha!! i feel 4 u mehn. hope u sha didnt get lost tryna find ur way back
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by DaHitler(m): 3:12am On Jun 11, 2006
The first thing I experienced was the sun. It was during the summer and it blazing. I had never felt such raw heat in my entire life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

South Africa Seizes Air Tanzania ₦32.6b Aircraft Over An Unpaid Debt Of ₦11.9b / Driver Killed Instantly After Fatal Accident In Delta State. Graphic Photos / Tanker Burning At Cele Bus-Stop Apapa-Oshodi Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.