Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI (7598 Views)

Osinbajo Decries Over-dependence On Oil / North's Over-dependence On Niger Delta Oil Disastrous. / Firs Boss Laments Nigeria's Over-dependence On Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by fkaz(m): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
By NAOMI UZOR
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry, LCCI, has declared that the extreme dependence of government finances and externaltrade balances on proceeds from the sector exposes the nation to significant risks from oil price and production shocks.
The President of LCCI, Mr. Goodie Ibru, said the evolving global energy market dynamics suggest an urgent need to take a sober look at the Nigerian oil and gas sub-sector in particular and the energy sector in general, especially given the importance of the sector to the Nigerian economy.
“Despite the declining contribution to the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) – currently at 14.7 per cent, the extreme dependence of government finances and external trade balances on proceeds from the sector exposes the nation to significant risks from oil price and production shocks.
“There are profound concerns over dwindling performance of the sector which has been attributed to the structural gaps in its regulatory, fiscal and business practices which have supported highinefficiencies” he said.
Unfortunately, he said, the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) which was adjudged the most significant attempt to address these challenges through the reform of the governance and business structure of thesector as well as resolution of fiscal issues is yet to see the light of the day. “From 18.89 per cent in the first quarter of 2009, the year after the PIB was first presented to the national Assembly, oil contribution to GDP has fallen to 14.7 per cent by the first quarter of 2013.
“The international oil market landscape is changing very fast and eroding the competitive value of Nigeria’s oil and gas. “First, the number of countries discovering oil and gas reserves within their national boundaries is increasing; thus expanding the supply base of oil and gas products in the international market.
Also, improvement in refining technology is helping to eradicate the difference between the Nigeria light crude and the other types of crude oil; a feature that reduced the price premium on Nigerian’s bonny light for many years” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/nigeria-at-risk-over-dependence-on-oil-lcci/
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 02, 2013
WELL DAYUMMMM. DEPENDENCE ON OIL IS OUR THING. YOU CANT TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by babarazy: 10:00am On Jul 02, 2013
ok
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by johnstar(m): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2013
»
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by musiwa28: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2013
grin
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by ezedolar: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2013
No problem God dey
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2013
I see the nigerian spring; I see dead people embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by yahrant140(m): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2013
Gullible people and their fake prophecy!
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by iamswizz(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2013
revolution in near

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 02, 2013
iamswizz: revolution in near
Okpe grin
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by omokayode9258(m): 10:19am On Jul 02, 2013
What kind of country is this, wh cant we jst reasn nd go back to d basis, yrs bak, we depends solely on agriculture nd our fathers then were living gud, things were easy bt since d discovery of petroleum, thngs had realy changd, d stardard of livn had reducd nd nigerians ar complainin of 1 or more thngs everydy. It wil be beta if we can jst divert our source frm dis petrol nd decide on beta product dt wil gv room 4 al nigerians nd nt d ruling clas alone
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2013
Make the oil dry first, make we see.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by trolling(m): 10:28am On Jul 02, 2013
you guys are in for a rude awakening once they put an end to the petrodollar
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Damsman10(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2013
scipher: I see the nigerian spring; I see dead people embarassed
punish you
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Walexz02(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2013
Why are you telling me what I already knew?
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Valiantvaliant(m): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2013
i pity those studying petroleum engineering

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Horus(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2013
Agriculture offers a brighter future than crude oil. Expanding agriculture can boost the economy and can also create millions of jobs for unemployed Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by NoContract(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2013
[size=36pt]Na Today Una Just Dey Know Abi

RUBBISH PAR EXCELLENCE!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Acelifted: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2013
NoContract: [size=36pt]Na Today Una Just Dey Know Abi

RUBBISH PAR EXCELLENCE!!![/size]

Abi oooo. As if this was just discovered. This warning has been on since in the 80s, when oil prices crashed and we had to adopt the austerity measure such as SAP to survive.
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by ochukoccna: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2013
When a thread about Nigeria's oil spurred economy been in decline made FP about 2 weeks back, the FG goons lamblasted the Premium Times authored piece as propaganda
I hope the ethnic warriors esp from the ND get big jugs to drink their 'oyel' as the bubble bursts grin
Many of out current political leaders -from the North to the South,East and West- lack the vision to put Nigeria right side up
The sooner the youth realise this and unite to flush them out, the better

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by devour129: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2013
tell us something we don't know
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by bot101(m): 11:28am On Jul 02, 2013
why can't we just develop our industries or at least support those who are trying to do so. See what happened to hiTV. Those hopeless politicians politicising everything. . .i hope they live long enough to reap the fruits of their labour SMH
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2013
Me thinks Nigeria's youths are in a coma.
They are idly watching our corrupt govt squander their inheritance. undecided
ochukoccna: When a thread about Nigeria's oil spurred economy been in decline made FP about 2 weeks back, the FG goons lamblasted the Premium Times authored piece as propaganda
I hope the ethnic warriors esp from the ND get big jbetterugs to drink their 'oyel' as the bubble bursts grin
Many of out current political leaders -from the North to the South,East and West- lack the vision to put Nigeria right side up
The sooner the youth realise this and unite to flush them out, the better
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EmperorOlu: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
[size=20pt]Nigerians deserve to suffer.I have never seen a country full of such greedy ,evil ,selfish, wicked ,dubious ,dumb,self defeating and heartless people like Nigeria.They are getting their just deserve.Nigeria is an eyesore to the human race.The worst nation for a child to be born and raised.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Beaf1: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
Walexz02: Why are you telling me what I already knew?

^
Wrong

Why were you telling me what i already knew?
Why are you telling me what i already know?
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by flawless911(m): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
EmperorOlu: [size=20pt]Nigerians deserve to suffer.I have never seen a country full of such greedy ,evil ,selfish, wicked ,dubious ,dumb,self defeating and heartless people like Nigeria.They are getting their just deserve.Nigeria is an eyesore to the human race.The worst nation for a child to be born and raised.[/size]
Am sure that am not d only one who thinks that dis is guy is an slowpoke!!!
@OP.. I belive dat d nigerian youths should just 4get d government, make their money, and if they like, leave d country.. Dats just my Opinion sha
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
EmperorOlu: [size=20pt]Nigerians deserve to suffer.I have never seen a country full of such greedy ,evil ,selfish, wicked ,dubious ,dumb,self defeating and heartless people like Nigeria.They are getting their just deserve.Nigeria is an eyesore to the human race.The worst nation for a child to be born and raised.[/size]
AND YET YOU HAVE A PICTURE FULL OF MONEY ON YOUR AVATAR AND SAYING 'I AM ALL ABOUT THE MONEY' SEEMS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE A POTENTIAL THIEF AND A GREEDY PERSON YOURSELF. YOU ARE SIMPLY ANGRY THAT YOU ARE NOT IN THE SAME POSITION OF POWER SO YOU CAN STEAL YOUR OWN. I IMPLORE YOU ALL TO CLICK ON THIS GUYS PROFILE. LOOK AT THE PIC AND HIS WRITTEN SIG cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EmperorOlu: 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
obadiah777: AND YET YOU HAVE A PICTURE FULL OF MONEY ON YOUR AVATAR AND SAYING 'I AM ALL ABOUT THE MONEY' SEEMS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE A POTENTIAL THIEF AND A GREEDY PERSON YOURSELF. YOU ARE SIMPLY ANGRY THAT YOU ARE NOT IN THE SAME POSITION OF POWER SO YOU CAN STEAL YOUR OWN. I IMPLORE YOU ALL TO CLICK ON THIS GUYS PROFILE. LOOK AT THE PIC AND HIS WRITTEN SIG cheesy cheesy

[size=15pt]The money on my profile is an internet picture dummy.You are one of those dumb Nigerians who think that everybody is greedy or criminal minded like you.What i have said is the truth ,the only reason it "pains" you is because you know it is the truth.It is you who is a donkey with no form of intellect or the ability to admit the truth about Nigeria.Nigeria remains the dustbin of the world and a disease to mankind.A nation that is rated the most corrupt and most unpleasant place on the planet.The whole world can't be wrong about Nigeria.It is what is it so deal with it.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by EmperorOlu: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
flawless911:
Am sure that am not d only one who thinks that dis is guy is an slowpoke!!!
@OP.. I belive dat d nigerian youths should just 4get d government, make their money, and if they like, leave d country.. Dats just my Opinion sha

[size=15pt]Na your father be dumbass ,you f_cking donkey.[/size]
Re: Nigeria At Risk Over Dependence On Oil – LCCI by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
EmperorOlu:

[size=15pt]The money on my profile is an internet picture dummy.You are one of those dumb Nigerians who think that everybody is greedy or criminal minded like you.What i have said is the truth ,the only reason it "pains" you is because you know it is the truth.It is you who is a donkey with no form of intellect or the ability to admit the truth about Nigeria.Nigeria remains the dustbin of the world and a disease to mankind.A nation that is rated the most corrupt and most unpleasant place on the planet.The whole world can't be wrong about Nigeria.It is what is it so deal with it.[/size]
'I AM ALL ABOUT THE MONEY' <<<<< WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? GO AND SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE MY FRIEND. YOU ARE ANGRY THAT YOU ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO STEAL. THATS WHATS WORRYING YOU. I SMELL YOU A MILE AWAY

I KNOW NIGERIA IS A PIECE OF SHYTT COUNTRY WITH PIECE OF SHYTTT PEOPLE IN IT. BUT YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. I ONLY NEED TO LOOK AT YOUR PROFILE TO KNOW YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. ITS PEOPLE WITH YOUR KIND OF MINDSET THAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIA >>>>>> 'IM ALL ABOUT THE MONEY'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Pictures Of Olawepo Hashim's Meeting With PT Excos In Abuja / Seun Finally Agreed That Tinubu Is A Drug Lord and withdrew his support (photo) / 2023: We Are Comfortable Supporting Atiku, PDP - Anambra Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.